News

Telling the Nigerian Story: More from ‘Talk With Funmi’

BellaNaija.com

As we await the first airing of Funmi Iyanda‘s new talk show ‘Talk With Funmi‘, we decided to give you another sneak peek of what to expect.
Talk with Funmi
Check out the trailer for the TWF along with some more photos from episodes filmed all over the country.

Behind the Scenes Photos

[nggallery id=180]

1. pam

November 26, 2009 at 8:53 am

I was at the premiere. I was a happy soul. My best moment was Funmi asking those girls in Ajegunle what makes Naji chicks so fashionable. The usual question wouldve been some variation of “how do survive poor in ajengule”

The real star of this show is Nigeria. Funmi thanks. Dora should watch this.

2. gbeborun

November 26, 2009 at 11:37 am

i hope madam moments with mo is watching!!! this is how talk shows are done u hear! and pls lose d accent!

well done Funmi! u really are proudly nigerian!

3. hey!

November 26, 2009 at 6:47 pm

i love that her show is soooo realistic and shows the different parts of nigeria,and everybody is shown in such a sincere and heartfelt light.NAIJA PRIDE!!!!!

4. feyi

November 26, 2009 at 6:57 pm

From the hunter in the bush to the governors of state,there is pride in every trade,thanks Funmi for showing the true Nigeria 🙂

5. lao

November 26, 2009 at 7:37 pm

Waow @ the trailer. Funmi rocks!! Can’t wait. Welcome back dear, love you loads.

6. ladi

November 26, 2009 at 9:27 pm

I love love love…. Funmi Iyanda rocks, I miss New Dawn but this is the ish…

7. KK

November 26, 2009 at 11:25 pm

Mo, i hope you are watching.
    I am not a fan of Funmi but her talent can never be denied.
    Coupled with her confidence and realness, the sky is just a touch away.

8. wienna

November 27, 2009 at 12:38 am

wow…looks fantastic. Hope they’ll post more of it online, so that we diasporans will be able to watch it.

9. Elpee

November 27, 2009 at 2:43 am

haha i love when she says Ye!! when the hunter shoots the gun. I would like to watch this. It seems so down to earth and really informative

10. faakay

November 27, 2009 at 9:28 am

wow!! Niz one:::

11. Oluwaseun

November 27, 2009 at 4:40 pm

i love the way she shouted “ye!”, twas classic.

12. Olubunmi

November 27, 2009 at 5:27 pm

Great job…looking forward to more interesting episodes

13. Anya

November 28, 2009 at 1:14 am

She looks gorgeous & so “ethnic” on that pile of firewood. Tres Village Chic!!!

14. silva

November 28, 2009 at 11:15 am

Funmi is the only nigerian media personality that shows the real nigeria! go Funmi!

15. Ngozi

November 28, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Omg! I can’t wait to see this! I hope the vids are available on youtube like the New Dawn vids. I wonder what the heck Kate and Bimbo were doing. They are 2 of my fave actresses. This is going to be so good! Thanks Funmi!

16. Chioma Otuonye

November 29, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Waoh… as oprah is winding off.. fumi is winding in . Fumi will bring a true picture of our environment , Her show will be excellent because she is so real in nature…..congrats Fumi,.

17. THE AMAKA

November 29, 2009 at 5:49 pm

what about Moments with Mo? is that show good?

18. THE AMAKA

November 29, 2009 at 5:54 pm

too bad i cant watch this show where im located.
    can someone please upload her show, PLEASE!! i really want to watch it cause it seems very interesting. there was someone before who uploaded all her old episodes last time.
    well im hoping someone will do it this time as well. “Talk With Funmi” BIG UPS TO HER!

19. Mark

November 30, 2009 at 1:50 am

NIgerians always trying to knock heads together especially all you Yankee telephone operators.

20. KK

November 30, 2009 at 5:18 am

Amaka are you just wanting to start another Mo war here?
    okay, the answer to your question is NO.
    The presenter of that show you are referring to is too fake and unnatural.
    Now go back to Nairaland.

21. mariam

November 30, 2009 at 9:54 am

am sooooooooooooooooooo proud of u funmi,u r one of the women i admire n respect regadless of what some people might think of you,i looking forward to meeting u some day soon,keep being real .love you

22. Olivia

December 1, 2009 at 7:02 am

Absolutely. Truly. Love this lady! This is the definition of authenticity….the joy of watching someone comfortable in her own skin….All these wannabees and their fake ‘designer’ crap and equally fake accents should ‘go on soun’ make better people educate and entertain us jare…shio!
    No mind me, still fuming-imagine a fellow Naija gal asking me ‘how’ I survice when I visit home and that the air fares I spend on my regular trips to Naija is a waste!!!! We too like to form, haba! Molue, lack of electricity and pure water never kill me yet, can’t wait to be done with school and network/learn from better people like Funmi….she’s really a great role model!

23. THE AMAKA

December 2, 2009 at 3:05 pm

i hardly come to BN anymore and i was asking a simple question. hmmmm i did forget how rude people on BN can be when you ask them a simple question.
    did i know about this war with Mo and Funmi? no.
    but MY BAD if you are afraid is gonna start another E-war.
    some people sef.

24. Olówó

December 3, 2009 at 4:14 am

I hope we’ll be able to see it stateside, maybe they’ll upload the pics like they did NewDawn. Ms Funmi seems to have a passion for telling stories and I’m sure her show will do immensely well.

25. Hilda

December 6, 2009 at 2:10 am

It’s so sad people out in the western hemisphere can watch such beautiful shows. I thought they said nta is on comcast or something of that effect, i don’t mind paying to have that on my tv. Funmi is going great, i am so happy for her and i know the show is going to be a great success. All the best.

26. yhurmie

December 8, 2009 at 11:36 am

laspapi had a series he used to do on his blog tagged ‘the bold, the cool and the beautiful’. He did 1 on funmi iyanda in 2007 and a question asked was, where will u be in 10years? Her response was that she would have built a platform for powerfully telling the Nigerian story, professionally and creatively… so here she goes, breaking all bounds again… talk about being inspirational… you just gotta love this woman!