News

Loving His Foot Fetish

No! I am not referring to that kind of foot fetish!! Jeez! Ladies, get your minds out of the bedroom for a moment. I am most respectfully referring to that other kind of foot fetish, the one which involves twenty two men on a playing field and a round leather object. Yes, I am talking about the beautiful game of football!!! (Or ‘soccer’ as our American friends like to call it).

Eyah! So you thought it was all over with the end of the World Cup, abi? So sorry to burst your bubble because the fetish starts all over again come August 15.

I know some of you still find it hard to understand what all the hula baloo about football is. You get irritated as your partners and better halves take-off every weekend to catch a game with the boys. Your men suddenly become fixated upon one league or the other be it the English Premier League; the Italian Serie A; Spain’s La Liga; Portugal’s Primera Liga; the German Bundesliga; or French Ligue 1. The weekdays are also not sacrosanct as the league of all leagues – the European Champions League schedules games for Tuesdays and Wednesdays (there go the scheduled mid-week trips to the movies!) The focus and attention will switch from you to his beloved club and her performance during the campaign. Whether it’s Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, AC and Inter Milan you really do not care. Argh! I can almost hear the groans.

Come August 15 for the next nine months or so your men will don the latest club jerseys or will dig out old ones from their closets. Conversation will now be centred on football as the living room becomes a mini viewing centre. Of course as a ‘good’ woman you might decided to go the extra mile by providing finger food to accompany the several bottles or cans of beer that will be swirled with each match before you retreat to the sanctity of your bedroom. If you are lucky your men will carry their wahala to the nearest pub, bar or viewing centre sparing you the incessant shouting and arguments. If his team wins then you know he will be in a good mood for the next seven days. On the other hand, if they lose… you had better take cover for the next 48 hours or so!

Now, I find that some women cannot understand what all the love (or is it madness?) is all about. They can barely tolerate their man when his foot fetish is on. But I have always been of the opinion that women should at least try to understand this fetish and then go on to love it. Why do I think this way? Because, believe it or not men find women who share a love and knowledge of the game extremely attractive and sexy! Better still if she supports the same club as he does! For real ladies if there’s a guy you like and you want to endear yourself to him, one sure way to do that is to find out the team he supports and take a crash course on the club and the game of football in general. I swear he will be taken by you! Try me and see.

A case in point is a girl I met while serving in Umuahia. While getting to know each other better I mentioned that I was an Arsenal FC fan and she was like, “You too! Wow! I’m an Arsenal fan too! In fact my dad and brothers are die-hard fans!” We soon hooked up and spent almost every weekend watching an Arsenal game together at one hotel like that. Truth be told I took great pride in being one of the few guys who had a girlfriend in tow at these games. Now imagine the shock of my life when a couple of years later (after we had broken up) she confessed with great mirth that she was never really an Arsenal fan but a Chelsea fan! I almost fainted.

I have an ex from school that I still call during or after every Arsenal game to discuss the highlights of the game. We are die hard fans; we scream, insult the coach, the players when they mess up and hail the entire team when ‘we’ win. On Facebook my group of fellow Gooners (as Arsenal fans are referred to) is not complete without Biola. What?!! Commentary on the day’s game is never complete without a comment or two from her. All the guys secretly admire her and are tripped by her love for the team. What about Nneka who runs a blow by blow commentary of matches on Facebook!

Come on! Don’t turn up your nose. Imagine if your man has to reach out to other people – women included – to share the joys of victory or to help assuage the agonies of defeat, enh? If football is an important part of your man’s life you had better take advantage of that. It’s not so hard; even if you cannot learn the rudiments of the game then you can do what a friend’s wife does. She makes sure she knows all the players’ names, including the coach. She walks in as the game starts sits for like fifteen minutes and enthusiastically points out who is playing as she ‘forms’ being interested. A few moments later she retreats into the room only to emerge whenever a goal has been scored. “Oh! We’ve scored! Was it Ronaldo or Rooney?” I’ve got this friend and his entire family are Manchester Unites fans, his brothers, sisters, his wife and their new baby girl, in fact the angel had a birthday cake done in the club’s logo at her first birthday. I regret the day I made the mistake of watching an Arsenal vs. Manchester game in their house, it was not funny at all especially as Arsenal lost. Or if it’s all too much for you I suggest you just find a guy who supports Arsenal as you won’t lose out totally. Talk about eye candy for the ladies! For real you get to ogle the team with the finest and cutest set of players in the world. Lol!

And its not always about their favourite teams, it’s about mutual love for the beautiful game. I once went to see a Champions League game at a bar even though my team was not playing and before long an attractive young lady struck up conversation with me as I was analyzing the game. I was tripped that she knew so much about the finer points of the game; more so the fact she had come alone after work to watch a non-partisan game. What am I saying? I know a girl that went to the National Stadium at Surulere to watch a match the Super Eagles were playing a couple of years ago! She shoved and pushed with the best and worst of fans to get in early to see the now Super Chickens play.

So take an interest in his foot fetish, try to learn and understand the game, watch some games with him, get real loud cheering his team on, boo and heckle the opposing team and their fans, have a couple of drinks and to top it all up get matching jerseys! It works like a charm.

Picture courtesy www.inmagine.com

1. Olivia M

July 30, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Hmmmn..Interesting.Nice job.

2. beezy

July 30, 2010 at 2:28 pm

……Not worth my time!!!…Its ok if I dont like football as much…
    Its the same way i’m ok with him not getting my shoe(u know the real shoe) and shopping fetishA
    As long as i’m not in d way of his fun….then no broken bones here…

3. temi

July 30, 2010 at 3:08 pm

You see, i really dont care about footie. i do not enjoy the game and i am proud to say so. i would never ever ever ever in my life pretend to love football just to get close to a dude…i am not wired that way so screw him. i dont mind my partner or future hubby watching footie during football season or being loud with his friends having fun…you see…i also have a life. while he is watching a game i too would most likely have something else to do. ill get the attention when he wants to give it…meanwhile id probably be enjoying spending my alone time shopping, or reading a book..or chilling at the spa.

and to all you girls that pretend to love footie just to get close to a dude-shame on you. that guy should love you whether you are an arsenal fan or not!

and to all you men that think your girl/partner should love footie like you—well get over it! maybe if you start going shopping with her and watch her spend hours trying on clothes she might end up not buying then maybe, just maybe you might have a point!

like i said before..get over it!

4. Molicious

July 30, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Okay, I agree that dudes should make more effort to understand women’s foot fetish too (shoesssss) but seriously, who doesn’t love football, I mean it’s football, but anyway that’s just me, football, American football, hockey, I mean football is the best game in the world, I don’t know how to explain but if you love it, you love it, male or female, just like shoes 🙂 . My point, some ladies genuinely love sports especially football. To the ladies that pretend, whatever cooks your jollof rice, deception is deception, and no one wants a relationship that has deception lingering somewhere within it although most relationships probably do. Anyway nice article!

5. Catwalq

July 30, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Temi, u echoed my sentiments completely. I will take an interest in football when he takes an interest in my crocheting. Besides, you are not always going to like the same things in a relationship. Both parties should have the freedom to enjoy what they love in a manner that is respectful to the other person.
    Watch your football, if you cancel a meet up with me to go and watch football, ask them to do to you, the things you want me to…

6. Nene

July 30, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Well, I am in a weird situation. I have never had a boyfriend that cared about football while I am so in love with the game. I really wish I had a boyfriend that cared about it, it’s a turn-on for me!!

7. heyr

July 30, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I love my boyfy, my boyfy likes football ….. hence i love football 🙂
    just kidding! i love the game, love everythn it stands for [controversies and WaGs ncluded]
    Even non-footies get drawn into the game during world cup, even if its just to shout goal and hug the cute guy standing next to u
    Plus what can beat the screams of PENARITY! from razz fans
    🙂

• awe

March 25, 2011 at 2:59 pm

lol ur so silly…heheheee

8. tee

July 30, 2010 at 9:24 pm

i don’t agree females should pretend to be who they are not…if they get married to thes men, the truth will come out. However, i agree both parties should at least tolerate or if possible, try to get involved with what ticks their partner (even beyond sports). That aside, I am female and have been watching footie matches by myself since i was in pri school. I live in the UK and don’t have a tv license but still stream matches to watch by myself.

Its true guys are attracted to ladies that love football…secret- i talk about football and politics (i happen to loooove that too..lol) when I meet ‘hawt’ guys.Its always worked though..lol.

Just be yourself, ladies… there’s NO ONE worth you re-inventing yourself for!

9. tee

July 30, 2010 at 9:24 pm

🙂 🙂 🙂

10. africanchikito no.1

July 30, 2010 at 10:28 pm

@Temi: well said girl..well said!!….and here is d conclusion of d marrer: i will enjoy a game of football becos i have genuine interest in it,i will support Man-U(not Arsenal to hubby’s disdain) becos i think thyre a better club,and lastly,i will never ever get used to the mirade of leagues,clubs,clubowners,players,their confusing names…or the die-hard ‘foot-fettish’ thereof’! I owe no apologies or explanations to hubby..

11. Nne

July 30, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Funny how the next major soccer event following the world cup that you deem worthy to discuss is not the on-going women’s world cup, in which our falconets have advanced to the finals, but rather yet another male-centered champsionship. It appears your footie fetish is quite selective!

12. lere

July 30, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Everything you said is true but you’ll give up when leaving with a football coach.i’m telling you!Beleive me yu have trophies all over your leaving room, the only place that is spared is our bedroom and MY KITCHEN!!!!

13. D.O.T.M.H.

July 31, 2010 at 3:42 am

haha!! nice article but Nne just made a SOLID point. why have u chosen to ignore the women’s world cup going on?!

14. beezy

July 31, 2010 at 7:53 am

@Nne…… right on the money!!!! U spoke, speak, stillllll speaking!!!!!

15. TJ O'karo

July 31, 2010 at 8:35 am

Ladies (esp Nne, DOTMH, beezy), I sincerely apologize for committing such an error of omission!
    However I am tripped that you do care enough to know that the Women’s
    U-20 WC is going on in Germany where our beloved Falconets are truly
    representing and kicking some booty; succeeding where the men failed *sh
    ame*! Finals are tomorrow and I hope you all will be watching? Thanks, thanks so much for your comments and please keep reading my horrendous stuff! lol.

PS: I’m going to be having my eye on our No. 10, Kalu.
    Talk about fine girl! Nwanyeoma!

16. omotee

August 1, 2010 at 4:41 am

What a wacky advice!

When ever I see ladies who act like football fans ,I quickly feel in the insecure part.

I love football,but even before that I love sports.

I am a die hard ARSENAL FAN ,I prefer the la liga ,and think the Italians are too slow, but guess what my boo is a chelsea fan,and even if the world turns upside down shake all over et al,I would nEver support chelsea- and he knows this.

I don’t even like talking when he is discussing ball,imagine a guy discussing fashion for four hours in the midst of ladies.-lots of eews to that.

Rather than say ladies would score more points which I think is so wrong and not truE,why not encourge the men to try weAr nakeup,to score more points and bosst thEir confidende

17. Uchechi

August 2, 2010 at 9:16 am

I learnt the women U-20 lost. Well I’m not so crazy about football unless its the world cup and..no pretending to any guy. I guess some women have to put up with it really, at least you know what your man is up too abi! Funny that babe in umuahia lied to you..lol

18. cheap emu boots

August 2, 2010 at 10:21 am

I’m going to be having my eye on our No. 10, Kalu.
    Talk about fine girl! Nwanyeoma!

19. bcgeorge

August 2, 2010 at 11:47 am

@ cheap emu boots…
    wondering if she’s got skills in BEDminton too..lolz..jst kiddin..she’s fine tho..shout out to falconets..Yak beta learn frm ’em…….