Music

New Video: GT the Guitarman – Kinimatise

BellaNaija.com

Here is the new video from GT the Guitarman. Earlier this year, GT left Storm Records to start his own record company, Ember Records. The song is basically a “cheating man’s ballad – begging his partner for forgiveness” Quite interesting.
Check on it.

1. sade

December 14, 2010 at 5:53 pm

ok…..no. i like but don’t like. i guess i’m torn. i like the yourba part. He has a good voice.

2. DimErr

December 14, 2010 at 7:15 pm

NICE NICE NICE………bt dis dude lacks artistic image abeg………..TUSH UP

3. Nike

December 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm

“beginning his partner for forgiveness” is that correct.

Anyway, heard him play a few weeks ago at Felabration and thought he was really cool.

Anyway, thi

4. itk

December 14, 2010 at 7:19 pm

ko sweet!

5. prism of an immigrant

December 14, 2010 at 8:03 pm

The vocals and song is alright. Nothing to make me jump out of my chair for…. :/

6. mmedeola

December 14, 2010 at 8:33 pm

definition of bad singing :/

7. e-Bukun

December 14, 2010 at 9:11 pm

erm….so I like GT and all, but the song went up and down for me. I was waiting for that “hummmph” factor but it just did’nt happen. Oh and he has to outgrow this boyish image, it’s not cute anymore.

8. fabetbeau

December 15, 2010 at 12:16 am

I really really wanted to like the song. Didn’t quite hit the mark, a bit all over the place. Instrumental and singing didn’t mesh. Could have been so much better.

9. Gist Express

December 15, 2010 at 3:52 am

Not bad but different from the typical upbeat Nigerian music i am used to

10. Chipii

December 15, 2010 at 4:19 am

Umf! Abeg! Make GT go sidon if im no fit re-invent imsef. BTW, its lyk Storm did him greasy tho. I mean, luk at the kaftan he wore to the SMVA. Haba! I was pained for him n I’m not even tryna be funny. Wasn’t he properly taken of in STorm? Dang!

11. Chipii

December 15, 2010 at 4:20 am

O! N by the way again, bros no get bear bear. BAHAHAHAHA!!! He sounds like his voice hasn’t broken as well. To be honest, I find it quite irritating.

• Anya

December 16, 2010 at 5:05 pm

chai una bad o! which one be say ‘bros no get bear bear’?! hahaha… a man is a man is a man, bear bear or not. He sabi sing, abi you go talk say WANDE COAL no get bear bear after we don see him full man-parts? O_o

12. demolak

December 15, 2010 at 5:10 am

The guy can sing shaaa

Video is somehow. would have liked it better if there was no video.

13. Ready

December 15, 2010 at 7:55 am

Focus on the song, focus on the song, focus..I’m sorry, I can’t. The main girl’s weave was either badly attached or just bad, that dress would have been cuter without the jeans, GT’s face is….I’on know but sumn’s wrong…
    As for the song, I didn’t like the intro, I liked the kinimatise part but since it’s borrowed, I guess I don’t like the song. Maybe he should apply to music school and learn the art of the guitar more. Perhaps R. Kelly could hook him up…

14. Ready

December 15, 2010 at 7:57 am

Plus…what many Nigerian artistes have discovered is that to have a great video, the props and little details matter…he needs to learn that.

15. DUDU

December 15, 2010 at 8:09 am

Considering the way he totally blasted the new acts on Glo Naija sings, you would have thought he was the next best thing to happen after the invention of sliced bread. I don’t see the diff between him and them. It’s so easy to criticise ai?

• Lade

December 15, 2010 at 2:15 pm

You i know i was just going to say that! He was just busy blasting all of them on Naija sings and i was thinking to myself that what exactly is this guy’s problem?I was completely pissed off! And he cant even sing! Abeg KMT!

16. TeeTee

December 15, 2010 at 2:48 pm

hhhmmm i really tried to like it but not my cup of tea…couldnt even seat through the song….too wet and he just doesnt have the image at all oh!!

17. asa

December 15, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Snooze fest, this is a step backwards, i really really like gt the guitarman but sadly all the excitement died after watching this video,i would have preferred it if it was just him and his guitar, can’t fault the voice though,he’s got a great unique voice.

18. Bukky

December 22, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Unforgiveable!

19. Observant Observer

December 26, 2010 at 1:38 pm

Dude is Boringgggggggggggggggggggggggggg (Yawnssss) waste of time & Money

20. Damola

December 31, 2010 at 12:45 pm

storm don spoil this guy career, I think kennis will do a better job on him..