News

Family Starpower: Renowned Music Video Director/Entrepreneur Clarence Peters shares the cover of Motherhood InStyle with his mum, veteran actress Clarion Chukwura

BellaNaija.com

We are still in catch up mode and one of our favourite cover stories from December was this one from Motherhood In-Style magazine which featured renowned music video director and entrepreneur – Clarence Peters alongside his mother, veteran actress Clarion Chukwura. This edition also features celebrity mums – Ireti Doyle, Tosin Sido and Omoni Oboli.

1. sweetie

January 18, 2011 at 3:46 pm

chei this boy take style fine o, let him just shave off that THING as for clarion …HOT SEXY MAMA…love her

• MeAloneIndeed

January 19, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Shave what off? His hair? You’ve got to be joking!

2. sweetie

January 18, 2011 at 3:47 pm

HAHA first again, oya bella where is my price….hmmn see fine pointed nose on this guy..yummy 🙂

• THE AMAKA

January 18, 2011 at 11:38 pm

not quite…lol

• MeAloneIndeed

January 19, 2011 at 9:38 pm

“fine pointed nose”? smh… how about flat noses, are those “fine” too?

3. Petprojects

January 18, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Hmmm… I love the chemistry they share, its so obvious they are close… Nice one

4. cheaster

January 18, 2011 at 3:56 pm

oh my GOSH, CLARION HAS A GROWN UP SON !!!SHE IS LOOKING SO YOUNG AND AGELESS, KEEP IT UP, IS THE DUDE SINGLE? COS HE IS AS HOT AS HIS MAMA

5. unspokenrythm..

January 18, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Clarence and Clarion…just keep luving you guys!

6. Anya

January 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm

WOW, i didn’t know she was his mother. Chai this mama/son duo hot no be small, both very talented people. May God bless them.

7. moi

January 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm

for the first time, I see Clarence really clean up and it gud, even though I might probably go with the suggestion that he cut the dread, a clean shave would do him go believe me. But I guess he is kinda going for the madly talented artist look i.e. literarily out of their mind, loony and untidy look..Anyways I love this cover, makes me very interested in finding out whats in it

8. esther

January 18, 2011 at 4:53 pm

all i can say is beautiful but, watchout ! ladies any person who will go close to that boy would probably have to pass thru mama first.

• Naijamum

January 18, 2011 at 5:12 pm

LOL @’would probably have to pass thru mama’
      As a mother of 3 boys, I second that!!!

• Miss Face

January 23, 2011 at 12:14 am

I concur. !!!! no doubt about that

9. prettygal

January 18, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Wow!!!!!hot mama and pickin…soon Shina Peters would say na him raise the pickin

10. KLODYN

January 18, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I like what I see.I am sure she had her early.

11. 9ja gal

January 18, 2011 at 5:41 pm

@prettygal. Yeah Shina Peters is the father of Clarence Peters.

• Ready

January 19, 2011 at 7:08 am

We know that, but he denied the boy and refused to raise him. Soon, he’ll say he raised the boy…if I was Clarion, ifoti to gbona lo ma je to ba misbehave and yarn nonsense about wanting to be a father to the boy now.

12. wendu

January 18, 2011 at 5:58 pm

they’ve both come a long way…..

13. latifah

January 18, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Clarion is always a delight to watch. Lovely cover i’ll probably get my first copy of the mag cos of Clarion. Clarence is talented as reflected in the musical videos he directed but I honestly beleieve he’ll look tidy and HOT with d dreads off and a clean shave.

14. Gorgeous

January 18, 2011 at 6:12 pm

*Kiss, kiss*
    Always thought Clarion was hot, but this her Yoruba son is absolutely *MUAH!!!* Yes, hes Yoruba cause clarion is half Yoruba. His father was a cutie back then sha, so i guess cuteness overload. Is he single by any chance? 😉

• CC

January 19, 2011 at 11:31 am

See genealogy! His dad is Shina Peters, I think that makes him Yoruba enough.

15. nikky

January 18, 2011 at 6:14 pm

The guy make sence and he is a bundule of talent.
    Mama get talent Papa sef get talent wat more do u expect

16. dlapikin

January 18, 2011 at 6:36 pm

He looks good~!

17. NNENNE

January 18, 2011 at 7:02 pm

My eyes are filled with tears…But they are tears of joy! May God bless them and all the teen moms,who are trying to raise their kids without the fathers!!!!

• Nneka

January 18, 2011 at 8:00 pm

LOL…I get your point but Clarion was NOT a “teen mom”…she was a single mum…. so you don’t confuse anyone.

They both look so great, anyone should be proud of them and their thriving careers! Clarion just always has this naughty sexy look that makes you want to hide your man around her (no pun intended) cos I can see young men falling for her hard.

• Missy

January 18, 2011 at 9:56 pm

She was a teen Mom. she has said it several times that she had Clarence when she was 17.

• fokasibe

January 19, 2011 at 11:04 am

Please can you define teen mum for those of us who dont know? Is sevenTEEN not a teenager?

18. NneSomebody

January 18, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Omigosh! So this is the child she had with Shina Peters. I am so happy for her that he turned out well. May God bless him and keep her alive to enjoy when the bigger bucks begin to roll in.

19. Vida

January 18, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Love, love this! They look so beautiful together. when i read his interview in another magazine about growing up alone with her (she was 17!)I was literally in tears. There was a part he said he decided to deliberately finished Film School in South Africa a year earlier becoz he knew the financial burden was too much on her!! I thank God he didnt grew up a vagabond because he could easily have. And he is such a inspiration to the Nigerian music industry… directing so many of their videos… anytime you see ‘Capital Hill’you know its Clarence. I think he deliberately ‘hides’ behind those dreads so you see the talent and not the pretty face.

20. Yinka Ogunbajo

January 18, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Love this! Clarion still looking great, love her!

21. C. Green

January 18, 2011 at 11:28 pm

The best character actress that Nollywood has to offer. The woman is an amazing piece of work

22. THE AMAKA

January 18, 2011 at 11:41 pm

MOMMY AND SON! SO CUTE!
    🙂

23. sassycassie

January 19, 2011 at 8:49 am

clarion is not half is not half yoruba. her parents are form onitsha,anambra state but she was born bred and buttered in lagos.
    sassycassie

24. anonymous

January 19, 2011 at 8:55 am

i fear for any girl who go fit put her head in between mama and son….the girl must get serious juju…

25. anon

January 19, 2011 at 9:44 am

Wow!! That could be his wife…..she definitely does not look old enough to be his mother.

26. ij

January 19, 2011 at 10:48 am

how sweet !!!! she looks super .

27. lade

January 19, 2011 at 11:13 am

awwww,so cute!!They look so good. i kinda like the dreads on him but he needs to shave!

28. adetoke

January 20, 2011 at 9:10 am

THEY BOTH LOOK CUTE……I LIKE!

29. Tina

February 6, 2012 at 4:52 pm

The lord has favoured u mama clarion,is not easy training a child single handedly to dis level.

30. Blamaco11

March 14, 2012 at 9:09 am

I have a lot of time….and I mean a lot of time for Clarence Peters….he is a rare breed and a trail blazer par excellence! his music videos are exceptional. between him and his Mom and Dad, totally different genres of entertainment…but all relatively succesful…May the heavens continue to bless them in abundance.