Music

Now Playing: May7ven – Number

May7ven first popped on the scene with her debut single Take Off My Clothes. She has been in the news lately for her involvement in the Malta Guinness Street Dance Africa season 4, as well as her own Radio show on City FM 105.1

She has shaken off the dust from her ghastly accident earlier in the year and released her third single, Number. It is definitely a catchy tune and worth more than just a listen.

Which ‘mix’ do you like better?

Click Play to listen to May7ven – Number (9ja Mix)

[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Number-9ja-Mix.mp3|titles=Number (9ja Mix)]

Click Play to listen to May7ven – Number (Afro R&B Mix)

[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Number-AfrnB-mix.mp3|titles=Number (AfrnB mix)]

1. DARKVIXEN

May 10, 2011 at 3:15 pm

FIRST!! HEHE

2. DARKVIXEN

May 10, 2011 at 3:18 pm

NOT BAD SHA.

3. Ada

May 10, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Listened to it and can confirm as CRAP!

Prefer Tiwa Savage.

Shame after all the packaging, rubbish song.

Yemisi go back to the drawing board!

4. Banke

May 10, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Is it just me that thinks this girl is rubbish or am i missing the point.Tiwa savahge is stil the best out of all of dem. btw this song sounds like solebosolarami

5. Kechy

May 10, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Okay…..the phonetics are not working! Dancy sort a…keep working on it gal

6. Samuel

May 10, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I think this is good……….she sounds good…..how can I not want to give my number?

7. marvel

May 10, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Girlie is Segun Odegbami’s daughter. Sings well live and I can’t say this is bad. It got me moving. What’s with the comparison with Tiwa? I believe the question was which mix you prefer. ITK!

• Tosin

May 11, 2011 at 4:10 am

I can easily see the comparison with Tiwa Savage. They are going to be naturally pitched against each other because they are both “selling” identical products: Sex+Yoruba infused upbeat urban tunes.

8. Tosin

May 11, 2011 at 4:08 am

Both mixes are quite hot. I’m leaning toward the “9ja mix”. I think the the afro mix could do with a little bit of Terry G’s magic to bring it alive.

• Wazzos

May 11, 2011 at 11:40 am

@Tosin. To right Tosin. The afro rnb remix could do with some cleaning up but the first few bars are good. The 9nja remix is a solid urban rnb beat but the syncing of the vocals and the beat do not match. Production just keeps getting better here.

http://www.wazzos.wordpress.com (beats,feasts,and visual treats)

9. FazeGaines

May 11, 2011 at 5:51 am

Odegbami or no Odegbami

Song is weak. Both mixes are as bad as one another.
    Probably need to hear her live to draw more conclusions.
    But hey song is below par.

10. Wazzos

May 11, 2011 at 11:43 am

@FazeGaines.Ouch. *WHIPLASH*

http://www.wazzos.wordpress.com (beats,feasts,and visual treats)

11. justjojo

May 12, 2011 at 10:09 am

The song is ok Keep it up naija

12. letsgo

May 13, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I thinks its cool. the mixes are hot. The usual will happen everyone will compare her to Tiwa Savage. keep it coming and well done.

• James Giwa

May 15, 2011 at 5:12 pm

yes oh. but people seem to forget where Tiwa git the style from. May7ven is her mentor and started this Afroandb style she created and this is her 3rd or 4th release internationally.

13. Ibrahim

May 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Nah so. Nah she start this sex mix and RnB. Her hit jam Bo Aso La Ra Mi was 2years before Tiwa. This girl is the truth and best we have. Everybody copy am. Now people want to compare Tiwa who only have one nice song.

14. Tony Iyekimo

May 27, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Attempted to listen but heard absolutely sweet FA.
    With the calibre of good music naija is now producing, this mother of 3 needs to up her game and do better.
    Good body / graphics cannot compensate for good music sorry

15. gwen

June 6, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Mother of 3? doubt that she looks amazing. Wish I had a body like that and I ain’t got no kids. Nice tune too. Go May