News

Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha & John Dumelo star in “The Past Came Calling” by Ruke Amata – View the Trailer

BellaNaija.com

In recent years, Ruke Amata has been nurturing upcoming African actors in diaspora via his “Class Act UK” reality TV show.

Part of the Class Act UK format is giving the new actors an opportunity to act alongside established African stars.

Ruke has directed a brand new movie titled “The Past Came Calling“. The film stars Chioma Chukwuka-Akpotha, John Dumelo, Oliver Jolliffe, Penelope Bouchot Humbert, Demetri Turin and Class Act UK 2011 winner – Marie Kumba Gomez.

Check out the trailer below.

1. Lil fiz

October 12, 2011 at 8:21 am

I love John Dumelo, it seems am the firstttttttttttttttttt

2. EMILIENNE

October 12, 2011 at 9:04 am

he is sooscute

3. amasha

October 12, 2011 at 9:13 am

Nice

4. Lue

October 12, 2011 at 9:19 am

most anticipated movie???? oh well
    lemme finish the story……………”and in the end, love wins”
    still a typical nigerian film

• Nengi

October 12, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I’m usually the first to shoot down critics of Nigerian movies, but I’m afraid I’ll have to agree with you. The trailer lacks depth and it does seem like the overflogged boy meets girl (both from different sides of the track) story, one which has been told again and again, if there’s a twist, it should have been highlighted in the trailer, anyways, the jury is out till the movie actually comes out… but from the trailer, my curiousity doesn’t even sneeze…

• OC

October 14, 2011 at 10:47 am

Someone described it as a typical Nigerian film… Were you expecting a movie from Cambodia? It is a Nollywood movie, and therefore, Nigerian. Is it not a good thing for it to have the usual Naija identity and feel to it.

5. e-bukun

October 12, 2011 at 9:47 am

Interracial couple…I like where this is going. I can’t get over the voice-over though “are you ready?” inyanma!! 😛 quite unfitting.

6. onegirl

October 12, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Dry!!

7. justsaying

October 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm

anticipated my -. The narrator is just annoying. Why do all africa movies have boring non acting oyibos acting in it.

• Nic

October 14, 2011 at 10:26 am

did you actually look at the oyibos, i dont think their acting was that bad o

8. alext

October 12, 2011 at 1:07 pm

the movie trailer almost put me to sleep imagine wot the actual movie be like. Let me just say ‘it will be like watching paint dry’

• Ruby

October 14, 2011 at 6:56 am

Chai! Its not so bad! Give the people a break!

9. Bimbo S

October 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm

They should redo this trailer but WITHOUT the Voice Over…When people include Voice Over’s in their media advertisement, it is to hype the thing up not dull the freaking mood like this one did. Regardless, The movie seems like it’s gonna be a good one so I shall wait to see it.

10. Brittle Paper

October 12, 2011 at 2:21 pm

The most anticipated movie of the year ke. Not that I don’t appreciate the effort these guys are making, but why do Nigerians like hyping up mediocrity with such confidence?

• ojaybaby

October 12, 2011 at 11:38 pm

i agree mehn,the voice over sucks,i even prefer the normal, GET YOUR COPY NOW! at least that one is exciting 🙂 lol hopefully the movie is better than the trailer sha

11. no be small "are u ready??"

October 12, 2011 at 5:40 pm

….Wide eyed^%$###yawns##

12. mary007

October 12, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Yes I am ready
    Come I am ready
    Come I am ready

13. MelonX

October 12, 2011 at 8:08 pm

a beg , the last shot/frame at the end, the paddy wey stand there what happened to his hair or was black polish used to darken his bald head?

14. anna

October 12, 2011 at 10:14 pm

at least it has a good movie title unlike ‘tear by bra if u can,lady gaga etc

• mo

October 13, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I agree with u! At least it’s not destinys child or return of beyonce!

15. dorothy

October 12, 2011 at 10:25 pm

was dat a robot doin the voice over….gosh, iwas almost fallin asleep.

• Purpleicious Babe

October 13, 2011 at 12:14 am

abi ohh tell me something ohh…

16. Purpleicious Babe

October 13, 2011 at 12:14 am

I HATE… AND I STRESS THE WORD HATE The voice that was used to feature the preview/advert..

HE was not only boring but he lacked passion and he didnt sell the movie.

I think the preview is not effective and gbam gbam enough.. not dramatic.

It didnt look like those two were inlove..

All in all.. kudos for trying..

• majo

October 13, 2011 at 5:18 pm

i AGREE and cosign. that narrator’s voice was WACK. put me to sleep. and why o why is the oyinbo guy not fine at all. na wa o. you could at least make the guy a fine boy to make it worth dating out of the race lol

17. Tunmi

October 13, 2011 at 4:29 am

Family on Fire by Tade Ogidan is an excellent trailer. I just had to put that out there, BN please have a post on that.

18. Charlestz

October 13, 2011 at 9:28 am

where is my ‘unlike’ button?
    Mtchewww…

19. letmetalk

October 13, 2011 at 10:33 am

paying compliments to mediocrity…mtchew

20. IJ

October 13, 2011 at 1:32 pm

LOL I know we complain about the overactive voice overs but this is a bit much now. Is this narrator guy some kind of saboteur? I think we should start to transition from virtually narrated trailers to captions and scenes from the movie. I don’t know what we’re waiting for.

21. Koto

October 13, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I think we are too scathing in our remarks, we criticize when the voice overs are too energetic, we criticize when the voice oves are mellow! why dont we see the positive side of things for once. the pictures look well shot, the camera work looks ok too, and the actors sem to be performing well. NA WA FOR US SHA!!! no wonder we no qualify for nations’ cup!

• Missy

October 14, 2011 at 6:53 am

Gbam!

22. Zen

October 13, 2011 at 7:49 pm

what are you guys on about, the trailer looks slightly different from the regular nollywood stuff, i definitely will like to see the movie when it comes out, any idea when?

23. eloho

October 13, 2011 at 7:56 pm

As soon as i saw the white guy, i just started laughing! He no try kraaaa! Oga no even fine! Ahhh! Let’s see how it goes sha!

24. Missy

October 14, 2011 at 6:53 am

You guys should free the producers of the film abeg! Its not that bad! Infact its not bad at all… why the over-analysis and harrassment?

25. Ugo

October 14, 2011 at 7:16 am

Naija! What has d voice over gat to do wiv the movie itself? Why do we hate our products that bad? This movie has a beautiful title and looks like its going to turn out well. Why dont we all wait for it to be out before lashing! I 4 one cant wait cos of John D and ma best actress Chioma…dont know abt d oyinbos lol.

26. Nic

October 14, 2011 at 10:23 am

I just love Chioma, she brings a certain freshness to the nollywood stars, as for John Dumelo OMG, cant wait to see them together. I have always been a big fan of the Amatas, I think they are a class above most other nollywood producers and directors. So guys leave the bad-belle about voice or no voice!

27. OC

October 14, 2011 at 10:29 am

Haba! Naijas are too hard people, and cannot appreciate a gripping love story movie when we see one. Like someone said, we want the gbam-gbam type movie, and not a classy romantic or love story type movie. Such unromantic lot. Not surprised though, when some people are your usual money for hand, back for ground type.

28. OC

October 14, 2011 at 10:31 am

From the trailer, the movie appears classy, sassy and fresh. And I also like the title. I’m sure there will be some twist to the story. Would most definitely watch it…

29. SARAFINA

October 14, 2011 at 11:56 am

no offence to d producer……………dis drama is gonna be a waste of our money n time. boring!!!!!!

30. cidonie

November 14, 2011 at 9:53 am

they both deserve it all of them are good looking

31. cidonie

November 14, 2011 at 9:57 am

yes i will if it for money then i am OK with that

32. Chinelo

January 23, 2012 at 3:48 pm

‘The Past Came Calling’, had its first world Premiere release in the Gambia over the Christmas period. ‘The Past Came Calling’ will again be off the shelf and ready for release in London at the Odion Cinema in Greenwich as a special Valentine weekend release. The Movie, will premiere at the Odion Cinema on Friday, the 17th of February 2012 at 9.00pm. Watch out for more details on Nollywood Movies, HiTV, OHTV, BEN TV, OBE TV and other Television channels for further information on how to get your tickets.

This is a must see action packed romantic Movie certified as a (U). Come and expect to see TOP QUALITY DRAMA, COMEDY, SIZZLING ROMANCE, ACTION, INTRIGUES AND MANY MORE! Come and also watch JOHN DUMELO, CHIOMA CHUKWUKA, MARIE GOMEZ (THE WINNER OF CLASS ACT UK 2011) and other CLASS ACT STARS and the FINALISTS. It promises to be a night to remember! ARE YOU READY!!!