News

Make Every Outfit Desirable With Oversize Tailored Blazers!

There are certain things we do not need to ride till the wheels come off–simply put, we need to know when to board a new train!

Blazers generally are staple items for everyone. It is universally comprehensible, how blazers switch up ones look, from comfy to spiffy!

Understanding one’s occasion is a useful tool in keeping the ‘personality’ of a blazer. Recognizing other outdoor accessories is another useful tool!

The oversized blazer or boyfriend blazer is basically a loose fitting blazer, with a lengthened structure. You want to look stylish, not ridiculous-so stay on a controllable border-that is between loose and fitted.

The boyfriend blazer is what every Carrie Bradshaw imagines wearing while running errands on a lukewarm Saturday morning.  It’s classic and timeless and absolutely here again, for our entertainment!

This blazer is more a fashion statement than it is an accessory! It single-handedly switches up your look with or without accompanying items! The different shades and vibrant mix of prints and colors initiate versatility and creates an alluring sense of modernity.

Style Tips:

* When deciding on which to pick, note–patterned details, mixed fabrics, colored blocked designs or knit sleeves are more entralling.

* Stay on the border of loose and fitting, shoulder width should be mindful!

* Feminine pieces like heels,chunky accessories, oversize clutches and captivating makeup to counteract effect of masculinity.

Dressing for corporate events should not be stuffy! While keeping all the dress rules, look rousing and feminine by combining attractive pieces with bold patterns and lively accessory accents! Style according to what boosts your physique!

Exceptions ( in form of sleeveless or ‘dress-like’ blazers) to rules are the exciting aspects of the rules. If you’re sassy and adventurous enough, the sleeveless double breasted crepe blazer and the oversized boyfriend blazer go perfectly with nothing but heels! Pay utmost attention to your choice of heels, your heels are the most important accessories here.

The great thing about styling  is not about the accumulation of great pieces but the visual and temperamental effects of those pieces! Each outfit brings something new and completely different in stance from the previous outfits. This outfit, gives a ‘youngish’ look! It is a casual look but one that can also be switched up for an evening night by adding heels and swapping the mini sling bag with a  purse!

The uncomplicated and effortless look here is very stylish. The phrase, ‘less is more’, comes to mind here. The toned down hue of the tailored trouser mixed with a white oversize sleeveless jacket adds a swanky touch. Rich jewel tones and colorful accessories, complement the elegant look.

This is for the casual Carrie Bradshaws on Saturday morning errands! The look is stylish, comfortable and understated! Platform espadrille oxfords and creepers are high this season. Comfortably in Vogue!

Where To Buy: ASOS, Amanda Laird Cherry (South African designer),Topshop, Net-a-porter, Bebe, Shopstyle, Forever21, Missguided.

1. Bolanle

November 15, 2011 at 1:47 pm

oooh that first outfit is to die for! love the styling

• Temiloluwa

November 18, 2011 at 7:29 am

TOTALLY ON POINT!!!

2. Trut Teller

November 15, 2011 at 1:57 pm

My eyes literally poped at the skirt in the first picture (with the yellow blazer) , that’s simply gorgeous! Not really into the over size blazer thingy though.

3. Sunshinebaby

November 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Beautiful outfits!!!

4. Sunshinebaby

November 15, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Luv dem shoesss!!!!!:D

5. BukiOni

November 15, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I love all these looks, I’ve actually been trying to wean myself off blazers recently because I discovered I rely on them a lot, they’re like my fashion crutch – if in doubt throw on a blazer. I’m trying to be more experimental with my clothes choices but seeing this has made me think twice about ruling them out all together. Why stop a good thing? Blazers are great go to pieces and can really pull a look together. I’ll take your style tips and go for something a bit more enthralling.

6. Sisi Adegs

November 15, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Gorgeous outfits. I especially love the third outfit and thats because i’m all about COLOUR!!! You guys can check out my blog- http://www.stylishsparks.blogspot.com/

7. I Am Legend

November 15, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I checked out your blog. I like what you are doing with your style. Very bohemian and sometimes avant garde. Thumbs up!

8. Sisi Adegs

November 15, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Gorgeous outfits. I especially love the 3rd outfit because I’m all about COLOUR!!!

9. lily

November 15, 2011 at 3:45 pm

anyways u wont catch me wearing an oversized blazers…i mean…y shuld i wen i culd wear a jacket dat fits and compliments me than looking like am being swallowed by my own clothes….i know dey say fashion expresses ur inner self …so if u wear sumtin obviously bigger dan u…its either u r hiding from urself and d world or u just dont know how to work ur outfit. u have 2 work ur outfits…rock ur outfits all d way and not d other way round…period!!!

10. Qutey

November 15, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Please please n please if u are below 5ft 7″ and have some extra flesh, better I_G_I_N_O_R_E this post… trends are not for everyone, no matter how u dress it up or down, u will still look foolish! In fact even short and skinny people can easily look like tiny rats lookin for where to hide in dat kinda jacket. Nothing beats finding a nicely tailored blazer, fitted n in ur size- bera not oversize nada…u’ve been warnd.

• sexylips

November 15, 2011 at 5:35 pm

stop picking on people’s sizes,your not perfect either.if you don’t like the style idea ignore and move on,it’s not meant for you!

• Marian_O

November 15, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Err…it looks good on the Olsen twin in the pics and they’re like what…5’1″? The key to making it look good is what the writer has stated – stay on the border and don’t go so big it becomes ridiculous. If you’re petite and want to rock this trend, keep everything else very fitted i.e. pants, shorts, skirt, dress and heels are essential.

• anonyyyyy

November 16, 2011 at 12:37 am

bwahahahahahahahaha!

• TeeTee

November 16, 2011 at 1:51 am

IGNORE honey **blank stare**

11. @sisi_oge

November 15, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Okay. I agree. Defn a wardrobe staple. Now comes the real question.
    Please where can I buy these blazers in lagos?
    The boutiques sell the most awful mass produced items, and they’re mostly for parties and formal events.
    If I want to lay my hands on simple wardrobe basics like this I have to get a friend to send them to me from Jand. Its frustrating. Anyhoo!
    Lovely pictures…

12. Aminu Adamu

November 15, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Wow those re beautiful dress…

13. soupasta

November 15, 2011 at 5:22 pm

love love love…..omg!the people tlking about blazers swallowing them and blazers wearing dem na wa oh…..and ive seen the boyfriend blazers on different shapes and sizes and it looks great. lily are u rocking u or the outfit??????? showing curves all the time doesnt mean u r rocking ur outfit rather u r rocking ur curves.sometimes u shud let the clothes do the talking.

14. T- girl

November 15, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Well said Qutey. I’m 5ft 3″. I look great in fitted blazers. Someone got an oversized boyfriend jacket for me and its ‘fugly’ to say the least. So not all fashion trends are for everyone.

15. sucre

November 15, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Obviously, whether your short or tall boyfriend or oversized blazers are definately for everyone. For shorties like me, wear leggings as in skin tight leggings or proper skinny jeans and bad heels and you’re ready to rock!
    Do’nt say its not for you or not when you’ve never tried it!

16. ay

November 15, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Darling Bella, please where exactly is the skirt in first outfit from. Thanks

17. dorothy

November 15, 2011 at 11:53 pm

@Qutey….Lol, i cant stop laughing n i totally agree with u..

18. hghg

November 16, 2011 at 2:44 am

19. Boma

November 16, 2011 at 6:17 am

I so luhf dis fashon its killin nd it seems to have taken the whole of naija

20. pynk

November 16, 2011 at 8:16 am

these are fine if u are skinny, but please if u r a US size 6 and up which i am, u will look like u threw on a rice sack in all of ur haste to get dressed.

21. chidi

November 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Please people, oversized blazers are out and fitted ones in vogue now!!!!!!!Check peoplestylewatch magazine for trend updates!