News

2012 Arise Magazine Fashion Week: Buki Akib

Buki Akib‘s menswear collection was nothing short of showstopping on the runway of this year’s Arise Magazine Fashion Week. Fierce!

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi

1. annie

March 11, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Is anyone spotting d guy in rihanna’s “we found luv video” wearing d jumpsuit(10th picha) chai d guy is such a cutie.
    As for d collectin……………………….i dont knw

• udochi

March 12, 2012 at 1:31 pm

lol……yes ooo i seee him oooo…

2. dorothy

March 11, 2012 at 10:45 pm

these are just for magazine spreads….none wearable. no guy dares speak to me wearing any of these outfits, even if u r my boyfrnd and u sight me just keep walking.

• zuu

April 11, 2012 at 5:02 pm

lol…was going to comment that i thot one is supposed to be trendy and fashionable but at the same time look sane!….these will surely get its wearer some dog bites!!..lol!

3. scouser

March 11, 2012 at 11:03 pm

@ dorothy…youre funny> Your comment is just loool

4. Juwon

March 11, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Are her idols MC Hammer and Igbo men(with the fish net tops)….. I am not coherent with these.

5. hahahah

March 11, 2012 at 11:33 pm

i think anybody can be a fashion designer dis days sha, cos it doesnt take talent to make wat im seeing or this futuristic cloths cos i dont see anyone wearing it now except charlie boy and denrele..lmao

6. Francesca

March 11, 2012 at 11:38 pm

Mesh shirts for men, wowzers! Ready to wear should be ‘wearable’. I really doubt that this would sell. African designers really shouldn’t try so hard to blend with what European designers are doing because they are different markets. Creativity is definitely encouraged but keep it realistic. If I see any man wearing this I’d assume he’s homeless… or that his pants got stolen.

7. happyhilly

March 11, 2012 at 11:53 pm

LMAO. Bellanaija commentators are the funniest set of humans on the web

• Jenifa

March 12, 2012 at 2:07 am

as innnnn! some of them became Anna Wintour , this week!

8. OmoBolanle

March 12, 2012 at 2:33 am

I really do not know what to say. A bit short of words!
    I appreciate her talent but then again did she really have a look at what she sent out to the runway? I mean as a designer you still want to sell clothes and not just want them to be admired on your models? hmmmm….oga o!

9. Dee-USA

March 12, 2012 at 4:43 am

I thought House of Silk was a mess. This is rock bottom. That’s it. I will be showing my collection at next year’s Arise Fashion Week. Cos if THIS can show, then I can.

10. ozyy

March 12, 2012 at 9:31 am

i tink datz d guy in rihannaz vid…dezz r all WOGLEY

11. Eggy*Posh

March 12, 2012 at 9:39 am

I do not agree dt d designs r messy…I wud rather call it bad styling…I think d designs r nt dt bad even though I will admit dt some r verging on crazy sha…overall I think d styling n nw d individual pieces were put together didnt express d aesthetics of d collectn…rather d styling made d collectn look messy…just sayin

12. Ms Awesome

March 12, 2012 at 9:53 am

Don’t hv to say nythng here, Dorothy has sed it all.

13. christy

March 12, 2012 at 10:24 am

Dorothy abeg no vex,laf wan tear my belle.awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

14. fokasibe

March 12, 2012 at 10:42 am

Gladiator type things…I don’t know what direction she wants to go with this but it didn’t work for me…

15. Adedoyin

March 12, 2012 at 12:05 pm

This is just crazy..shikena

16. Yvonne

March 12, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Some of the men look as it they are about to be sold in the slave market. argghh!

17. sylvia

March 12, 2012 at 2:26 pm

@ dorothy gbammmmmmm. you said it all

18. pynk

March 12, 2012 at 2:34 pm

No comment truly.

19. lola

March 12, 2012 at 4:44 pm

well dorothy has said it all, cos i swear if anyone wears this i’ll asume u have a nut unscrewed somewhere and u lost ur mind! @ francesca you took the words right out of my mouth, @ Juwon u’re soo right about her idols i think everyone should give u a standing ovation for your insight! 🙂

20. cathy

March 12, 2012 at 4:44 pm

real wahala

21. sunny

March 12, 2012 at 9:31 pm

its obviously trendy but totally not my style

22. Tosin

March 12, 2012 at 10:31 pm

but you guys are too young to be so old-school. allow the mesh-wearing hotties. Embrace the mesh.

23. kingsley

March 13, 2012 at 1:39 am

Untiill you guyz creat your own designs and showcase on runway, you are all donzzzzzzzz it was good going on runway for buki, it becoz you don’t even have the mind to carry pencil and sketch out somthing,if you can,try me and i will show you who you realy are.Im on face book kingsley ushie…………………i know that you people commentting are old women with grown up children.Next year i will go as a model and as a designer……………

24. BEN

March 13, 2012 at 11:42 pm

oh Gad…bush people; not every fashion is wearable or ready to wear…she is not trying to blend into anything…fashion is an Art and she’s pure genius! so if u dont know what u’re talking about jst keeep shut and learn

25. clairebaby

March 14, 2012 at 5:45 pm

?????

26. Yeah I said It!

March 20, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Just lovely…

And I mean the dudes 🙂

where they wearing runway clothes or “Agbero outfits”?
    Well, cnt say sha…I noticed only the dudes. lols

27. Yeah I said It!

March 20, 2012 at 4:35 pm

@Ben. Seriously???

you crack me up. lolllllllss. The ultimate idea is to make a ready to wear piece out of teh concept on the runway (and of course the stars are even crazy enof to wear some of the designs). But I really dont see that happening here. So u berra go and “Unbush” urself. Biko

28. Yeah I said It!

March 20, 2012 at 4:42 pm

@Kingsley Lollllllsssssss. It doesnt take sketching to create these. Just go to Aba Market and u’ll get plenty of inspiration.
    I sincerely hope ur designs wuld be a lot better than these. Best of Luck

29. mach

May 28, 2012 at 4:28 pm

i will PART it for that rihanna guy