Music

BN Bytes: D’Banj Surprises The Students of Plumstead Manor School | Watch D’Banj on ITV London News

As D’Banj‘s “Oliver Twist” continues to climb the UK charts and debuts at no.9 on the Billboard UK Charts, D’Banj seems to be everywhere these days.

A short while ago, we saw him with Sarkodie in Ghana and then, later on, back home here in Nigeria with Ikechukwu at his Industry Night. Again, we saw pictures of him with Davido in the US and UK and as of yesterday, we saw pictures of him at the Cannes Film Festival with his G.O.O.D. Music family.

So, it’s absolutely surprising to see him in the UK again, at Plumsted Manor School with the students dancing with him to “Oliver Twist”, and, if I’m this surprised, imagine how the students felt.

Check on it.

D’Banj has really come a long way from being a security guard at Stratford; here’s a clip of D’Banj on ITV London News.

Photo Credits: e4pr, That1960chick

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. Princess

May 25, 2012 at 11:21 am

I simply love you D’Banj.. Entertainer

2. Toastie

May 25, 2012 at 11:26 am

D’banj is a funny man.. u gotta give it to him. MORE SUCCESS

3. Ginika

May 25, 2012 at 11:31 am

I feel like D’banj isnt as bubbly as he used to be when he was part of Mohits.

4. alexie

May 25, 2012 at 11:34 am

wwwwwwooooooowwwww,our 1 and only kokomaster is goin places,so hapi 4 him,i knew he had dis in him dou,its tym 2 show it all,dis is definitely just d beggining 4 him,GO NAIJAAA

5. ify

May 25, 2012 at 11:44 am

nice nice… really impressed

6. Tas

May 25, 2012 at 11:46 am

Ride on D’banj…..More power to ur elbow!Ur undoubtedly blessed.

7. efe

May 25, 2012 at 11:56 am

l guess,he will be missing his friends @ Mo hits.

8. Chikaka

May 25, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Awww, nice! I like the toned down D’Banj. I used to find him too hyper.

9. Lilmoss

May 25, 2012 at 12:31 pm

God is great ohhhhh. On a serious level. Can’t stress aw much of a big deal this is. Am happy for u d banj n give glory to God

10. sumin

May 25, 2012 at 12:57 pm

nice one dbanj!…ok..for d laffs o…na dbanj illuminati upgrade pix b dis? d first one – he’s still a new member “him cloth neva black” . d second one- na full member now “complete black” . ..kudos man! lolz….

11. Partyrider

May 25, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I was smiling all through..he has really come a long way.its hard to even hate on this guy..hahaha
    Wish u more success

12. ANON

May 25, 2012 at 1:03 pm

i had always known it…God no dey lie, and who he has blessed, no man/spirit can cause..P SQUARE BECOMES NIGERIA’S WEALTHIEST ENTERTAINERS…JUST PURCHASED THEIR PRIVATE JET..GOD BLESS UNA!!!

13. hmm

May 25, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Its d oliver twist p. Its don jazzy again!

14. effortless

May 25, 2012 at 2:20 pm

The last bit made me laugh, had to watch it again. I don’t understand what all the hoo haa is about concerning the demise of the business/friendship of Dbanj and Don jazzy. things like this simply make the world what it is. people meet to part and as soon we accept it and deal with it better and be more civil the better for all of us. Everything happens for a reason, dust yourself and move on. I’m happy for both parties and i wish they all do tremendously well, together or as separate entities.

15. onenaijababe

May 25, 2012 at 2:26 pm

ah it was only the black girls that were really feeling this thing…..lol, but love it still

16. NikkyJay

May 25, 2012 at 2:39 pm

D’banj is simply HILARIOUS!!! Am so happy for him . . .

17. christy

May 25, 2012 at 2:41 pm

When has flying a private jet,equate with purchasing? Naija

18. Adefemi Adeleke

May 25, 2012 at 2:45 pm

make all the bad belle go rest! You are so on point! Bravo!

19. Dee

May 25, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Was so proud whn I heard Oliver Twist blazing loudly out of a moving car in Edmonton, North London yesternight and I’m a Ghanaian. The driver was a Caucasian man ooo. Way to go D’Banj! Sarkodie, where r u at. Pls rep!

Getting Too Many Proposals From Men? Read my blog;

20. buchi

May 25, 2012 at 4:40 pm

“D’Banj has really come a long way from being a security guard at Stratford” Did u really have to write that?? Lol. Afterall its not like without the security guard job he wouldn’t have been able to eat. Go D’banj!!

• Uche

May 26, 2012 at 7:09 am

… I concur with you buchi

21. konnie

May 25, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Nice and good for you. Good for Don Jazzy too because he wrote the song and the song writer always gets a piece of the action
    You are a good ambassador make you hit your highest potential in life.
    No forget us ooo!

22. HRS

May 25, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I’m so loving u my man!!!! Proud of u D’Banj!!!!!!!! See those school peeps!!! wontibaje gan!!!!…lol….

23. katie

May 25, 2012 at 7:48 pm

when you sat next to me and touched my hand twice i cryed ….LOVEU# man !

24. marvel

May 26, 2012 at 7:41 am

Check out excitement! I love children raised with freedom and can just have a laugh. See how he toned things down when dealing with children. Can’t have them doing the makosa and all that nonsense. If the song was laden with expletives, trust me the Brits wouldn’t have him there for a second. I am glad he visited, with his Naija flag in pocket and the dancers in their green and white vests. Sorry, what was that bout Iluminati again? Miserable farts…..

25. sbj