Music

Massive Collaboration Alert! Davido Feat. Akon – Dami Duro Remix

Onos

After series of rumors and hearsay about Davido‘s international collaboration, the proof is finally in the pudding. While the HKN gang were out in the states, shooting their videos for “Ekuro” and “Overseas”, they hooked up this fresh remix of Davido‘s smash hit, “Dami Duro”. So, without further ado, here it is! Enjoy!

Play Davido Feat. Akon – Dami Duro Remix
[audio: https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Dami-Duro-Remix-Feat.-Akon_BellaNaija.com_.mp3]
Download

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. BABA T aka The ORIGINATOR!!!

November 1, 2012 at 12:43 am

Kudos to the big homie Akon for jumping on the track, but ………………………… O_o

2. Ola Brown

November 1, 2012 at 12:46 am

This is Dope!!!!!!!!!

3. stevie E

November 1, 2012 at 12:53 am

1st. Akon speaking yoruba. SWAGGG!!!

4. Ona

November 1, 2012 at 12:58 am

I love Akon for always loving to work with his brothers. He doesn’t have to, but he still does.

5. dumdum

November 1, 2012 at 1:23 am

FIRST OF ALL- WHY DO THESE NIGERIANS KEEP REMIXING OLD SONGS WHEN THEY CAN AS WELL DO NEW FABULOUS SONGS WITH THESE INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS!

SECONDLY- AKON HAS NOW BECOME THE PURE WATER OF NAIJA INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIONS HENCE WE HAVE SEEN HIM FINISHED AND NOT MOVED BY INTERNATIONAL COLLABPRATIONS WITH HIM..WHEN HE MAKES ANOTHER HIT ALBUM IN USA DEN WE WILL BE MOVED A LIT BIT.

BESIDES, HE DESTROYED THE SONG SAME WAY DBANJ DESTROYED KUKERE…NIGERIANS LEARN OOO

• Yinda

November 1, 2012 at 5:47 am

I agree with you. I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Any remix now with Nigerian artists has to be with Akon. I think Akon needs to re-again his international standards and priorities ASAP before he turns into a ”Local Champion.” to the point that other ”Local Champions” wouldn’t want to be around him. Before we know it now, Akon will be doing a remix with Saheed Osupa or Pasuma, no offense to those artists mentioned. But I am not surprise if it happens.

• omototun

November 1, 2012 at 6:36 am

IMHO I think he’s just trying to be supportive, him being African and all…I guess it’s his own little way of giving back while he’s on a break or working on a new album, Naija folks gatz to complain sha, instead of trying to see the positive in the situation…..Dude has Lady Gaga money, He never lost any international standard, do you know his daily itinerary for you to know his not rolling with other A-list artist in the time being…..I could go on and on.
      it’s low self esteem that’s worrying Nigerians where we think someone must not be doing that well to associate with us…..

• Yinda

November 1, 2012 at 9:27 am

Hi omototun. Well, I understand the idea of giving back, however when every Tom, Dick, Harry of Nigerian artist wants to do a remix with Akon it makes me question his work ethics. This has nothing to do with self esteem and I sure don’t know his itinerary works either but doing a remix with everyone makes the music business world less challenging for Nigerian artists. Just to mention, I don’t think you have seen his statement of account to know if he is as rich as Lady Gaga (just saying). With that stated, some Nigerian artists might take advantage of that fact because they might feel or say “all I need is to get Akon to do a remix and am good to go” I believe they can do better than that. I am not a “hater” of progress, I just feel if they are going to do something they might as well just do it right. Keep in mind, this is just an innocent way of sharing thought, ideas, and opinions. #peaceandlove.

• Ikunkun

November 2, 2012 at 10:07 am

I feel you…but Lady Gaga money refers to the ‘legend/myth’ of him having ‘discovered’ Lady gaga and get’s a cut from he paycheck….I insist that he is only giving back!! Do you know what other artists do in their communities outside of the spotlight?? If he’s Naija artists gateway into the international community then why not if not, right??
      p.s. Am not even a fan of hiphop..Naija or International, am just tired of people being so quick to run others down when most of us don’t even work half as hard/smart as these folks….simpu

6. Adjoa

November 1, 2012 at 1:39 am

First to comment!! Love it!! tuneeeeeeee

7. Tola

November 1, 2012 at 1:45 am

Akon is really trying oh…this one that everybody want him to do remix for their song. I like it

8. tezy

November 1, 2012 at 2:09 am

Still like the original better.. not really feeling this, maybe it will grow on me..

9. Star19

November 1, 2012 at 2:42 am

Just heard it and I must say its fab! Can’t get Akon’s line of “emi gaan gaan gaan lolowo” outta my head. Absolutely love it 🙂

10. benzofado

November 1, 2012 at 3:33 am

yea damiduro rmx is very tyte man , davido is never left behind in the industry…..keep it on and more power to your eboes

• mm

November 1, 2012 at 6:28 am

please it is ‘elbows’

11. femi

November 1, 2012 at 3:38 am

Na by force?

12. lulu guiness

November 1, 2012 at 7:42 am

Somethings are best left as they are.

13. Jess

November 1, 2012 at 8:15 am

Zzzzzzzz. Akon would probably get on a song with Tonto Dikeh as it is.

14. didikan

November 1, 2012 at 8:29 am

me likey. thanks for making me dance in d office early dis morning while my ghanaian colleagues laff n join in. hehehehe “our oga never come yet”

15. deeee

November 1, 2012 at 9:17 am

i like

16. Oyinlola

November 1, 2012 at 9:35 am

Nigerians, we are just funny people. There’s no pleasing us! Are you guys forgetting that he’s an African too? So because hes an international artist and he does collaborations with other African artistes now, that makes him a local champion? Here /___

17. tai

November 1, 2012 at 10:43 am

Ahnahn Akon speaking yoruba… Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Too maddd, Akon adds flavor to any song mehn. Btw im waiting for remix of ‘Ashawo’ by Flavour and Keri Hilson…

18. ola

November 1, 2012 at 10:44 am

nice job done bro..

19. fiola

November 1, 2012 at 10:52 am

for those who do not know – Akon signed Lady Gaga – she is his retirement fund. For every dollar, pound, “insert currency”, Lady Gaga makes – a percentage goes to Akon. even without him lefting a finger he is making money. ALl this collabo he is doing – he does not need the money. This is his way of giving back. BTw – not a big fan of the original song or evne this remix – but give Akon some credit. He really is opening doors for african artisites in America – and all the world takes notice of artistes from America – so by default he is opening up african artistes to the world

20. Anonymous

November 1, 2012 at 10:58 am

Nigerians una wahala too much. Person do una go complain, person no do una go still complain. If it was 2 be Tuface nd Akon, u guys won’t complain, because it is Davido shey? Nigerians, u guys love 2 hate a lot. If Akon didn’t do collaboration with him, some people would start saying he is proud. Nigerian learn 2 appreciate good things nd stop looking 4 fault here nd there. @Yinda u r
    mentioning Saheed Osupa and Pasuma, they ve their fans nd r stars whether u like them or not. Y can’t Osupa or Pasuma ft Akon. Stop all these discrimination nd hating. I love d song.

21. Jlo

November 1, 2012 at 11:23 am

NICE

22. abiola

November 1, 2012 at 1:05 pm

KEEP IT UP DAVIDO, MUCH LOVE TO YOU. NEVER U MIND D HATERS JOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

23. moses

November 1, 2012 at 2:29 pm

this is awesome i love akon verse (emi gan gan lolowo), u guys saying dat akon will turn himself 2 local champion for ur information he’s already a world superstar champion and stop saying rubbish, he’s just trying 2 humble himself and 2 promote african music.

24. dammylee

November 1, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Sorry to sayy, but are you guys really really thinking. Akon is a real african brother. Remixing songs with his brothers is not a bad thing to me. At least wyclef is doing the same thing (but not remixing). Nigerians artist are trying to get international not just local so give them a breathing space. I love the job you are doing akon and appreciate the fact that you see talent in nigerian artists. Now see wizkid, he has gone places, collabos with chris brown, wale soon with dr dre, abeg no through akon route. So pls go ahead. USA needs to see talent in Africa too.

Deuces

25. bee

November 1, 2012 at 11:29 pm

kool

26. Isima Richards

November 2, 2012 at 12:44 am

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

27. Leesah

November 2, 2012 at 9:16 am

wow this song got me dancing, me likey. and pls haterz leave Akon alone he did a good job.

28. Zeezny

November 3, 2012 at 12:08 am

Akon still b baba naa..baba naa..baba naa…,,,,mr local champion ,,,akon iz on point& d song iz tyte….luv it

29. Fola

November 3, 2012 at 12:33 am

Erm….BaBa the originator – you need to go check your facts. Lady GaGa IS SIGNED to Akon’s label. Quote ” She’s pretty much retired me,” the singer said of Gaga, who is signed to his KonLive imprint at Interscope Records. “She was definitely a blessing. She came at the right moment. I’m glad I believed in her, boy. That goes to show you, if you believe in something strong enough, it will pay off.”

30. tywo

November 5, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Bravo

31. keleraz

November 15, 2012 at 5:29 pm

davido you are the best,
    i will like to migel with you,+2348139377253 that is my number…………….