News

BN Prose: Sterile by AneeUche

I’m seated on the soft rug on the floor, between his legs. His fingers are dancing like a puppeteer’s fingers over my tangled, curly mop. With every move of his strong dextrous fingers, my rebellious hair obeys without fail like a marionette. I purr and sigh contentedly, with every stroke of my scalp. I thank God for bringing a man who grew up with five sisters my way. He applies some mixture he made himself to sections of my hair, working it through.

His touch is so gentle, he’s on the third cornrow when I’m jolted awake from the dream by his voice in my ear. “Your parents had the right idea when they named you Dozie. Kai.”

I laugh and swat his arm lightly. He bends my head back and lowers his lips to kiss me. I put my arms round his neck and return the kiss, pulling him into me.
He laughs and dislodges my small arms, placing them at my sides and trapping them with his strong calves.

“Not now, Nwanyi oma. Be patient, I’m almost done.”

I smile as his thumbs massage the little pressure points at the back of my neck. I moan in response and he kisses my cheek and goes back to work. I start thinking of how wonderful my life is, when a dark thought crosses my mind, sucking out all the light that’d been there just minutes prior. I start to think that my life is good, great even, but not wonderful.

It’s hard not to think that there is something missing. There always is. This even goes beyond the view that human wants are insatiable and that we can never be truly satisfied. No. This one is more obvious. It’s like having a Matisse painting on the wall, and it’s in Black-and-White — It is perfect but the nuanced beauty is gone. I take in the relative silence of the house and immediately get sadder. The hum of the refridgerator, the tweeting of the birds in the Almond tree outside and the squeak of the fan above us keeps the ears busy. But there are no cries, no pitter patter of little feet on the marble tiles.

As with every time my thoughts hover over these troubled waters, my hands massage my flat stomach. I feel hollow. I will be the first person to tell you that having a beautiful home without children is cliche but I know the emptiness I sometimes catch in Nnam’s eyes when he hugs me at the door. I can feel the echoes in the emptiness that Nnam feels when he plays with one of the many children his sisters have been blessed with.

I grow very still as I start to count the numbers.

Six.

The number of years we’ve been married.

Three.

The number of my sisters that got married after me.

Five.

The number of christenings I’ve attended since.

Ten.

The number of fertility clinics I’ve been to in the past three years.

Fifty.

The number of tests Nnamdi and I have had done.

Eighteen.

The number of bottles of FertilAid I’ve gone through in the past year and a half.

Zero.

The number of pregnancies I’ve had.

“You’re both healthy, everything looks great. Keep taking your hormone-balancing supplements and you should conceive any day now. Just be patient.”

Dr Patel’s accent and the way his head nodded side to side stopped being amusing months ago. Every month he says the same thing. Every month, Aunty Flo aka the red robots show up. Never late, always on time.

Patience, he says.

Patience, Pastor Hannah says, at counseling every Tuesday. She never hesitates to bring up Sarah, and of course her name sake. I asked her once, when she had asked if I was 99 and how Sarah had conceived at that age, how long did she have to wait patiently to have her first child. She got knocked up on her honeymoon. The silence in the room rivaled the one in my womb after that.

My mother believes it is one of late father’s sisters that are after her. I don’t blame her. She has five grandchildren from her other daughters. I am her favorite. The devil attacks what you love the most, she says just before she launches into her endless prayer sessions.

I’ve learnt to block them all out. So I nod politely and smile on the outside, while I’m frantic and dying inside.

“Ogechukwu ka mma. God’s time is the best. Be patient, nwunye m. When the time is right, God will bless us with as many children as you want. Stop stressing.” It grinds my gears how relaxed he can be. He’s a man after all. It’s not the same. He doesn’t understand how it kills me, to see the longing in his eyes and not be able to fill it.

I knew when I met Nnam that I didn’t just want to be his woman. I wanted to have his child. I wanted a little part of him that I would always have. I always had this irrational fear that I would lose him. So I ached for a little piece of him that would also be mine. I was the good girl. A virgin bride. I kept myself pure and intact until the day Nnam and I exchanged vows.

It was supposed to be easy.

That wasn’t what I was promised.

Every one has been so supportive, it’s annoying sometimes. I feel like a broken toy, or a beautiful car with a bad engine. I feel like a disappointment. All around me, people keep popping babies, and I can’t even get pregnant.

A kiss on my cheek brings me back to the present. He’s done. I don’t have to look in the mirror to know my hair is beautiful. He’s always been amazing at it.
I don’t know how he finds the time. His weekdays are crammed with work, yet every weekend he’s home, he braids my hair. Every Saturday night without fail. For six years now.

I turn to look at him, place my hand on his bearded cheek and just stare into his eyes. “You’re such a good man. I don’t know what I ever did to deserve you. I love you with my life. And I’m sorry. I’m so sorry I always make this about what we don’t have. I love the life we have and you’re right. God’s time is the best. I’ll stop complaining. I’ll be as patient as it takes.”

He looks away for a moment and turns back to me with the saddest look I’ve ever seen on his face. “Dozie, I have to tell you something. I know you’ll hate me after this, but I hope you can forgive me.”

I don’t like the where this is headed. I’m genuinely worried and I just want him to get it out.
“Nnam, what is it? Talk to me.”

I don’t know if it’s the pent up pain, or the emptiness but the air seems to go out of the room. I’m out of breath and I’m slipping away, away from his grasp. All I can see as I slip into the void is the white of the ceiling in dizzying patterns that seem endless.

Photo Credit: elgonnews.com

1. omotee

March 5, 2013 at 8:55 am

lord jesus have mercy. it was all d guy’s fault at the end of the day. its well

• Sonia

March 5, 2013 at 10:01 am

Dictonary definition of fault in this context:
      “responsibility for an accident or misfortune: an ordinary man thrust into peril through no fault of his own | it was his fault she had died.”

Why are Nigerians in d habit of always lookin for someone to blame in any problem. How is ANYONE’S fault that they are incapable of producing offspring???!!! Eh? @omotee. Or was there a part in the story that showed that the man got vasectomy and hid it from her???? It’s thinking like this that has caused women to be “at fault” for not nhaving kids or not giving birth to a certain gender. Does it make u ppl sleep well at night if u can say “blaj blah is at fault”? How does this change anything????

One would even think u were going to point out his horrific dishonesty towards the woman. Schew. I tire for Naija mentality!

• Glam

March 5, 2013 at 10:59 am

Babe, go n read the article before you begin shouting…

• Funms

March 5, 2013 at 11:17 am

Lets go semantics here, it is HIS FAULT they don’t have children. His fault in the sense that, if he had been open and honest from day one, 6 years later, they would have found other options to becoming parents. Their childlessness is right at his footsteps, not because he is sterile (that’s biology), but he kept quiet about it and let her go through fertility treatments, anguish and sorrow. That is unforgivable sorry, unforgivable.

• Ifeoma

March 5, 2013 at 2:32 pm

He looks at me like a man at the gallows. I urge him on with my eyes. As if he suddenly decides to take the jump, he says to me, all in one breath “Dozie, I’m sterile. I can’t have kids. I found out when we went to the first clinic. Dr Ben told me. I begged him to keep it a secret and I’ve been doing the same with the other doctors. You wanted a child so bad, that I didn’t know how to tell you.” Since you dont like reading to the end, read this.Sterility of the dude is the reason the chic cant get preggos

• Purpleicious Babe

April 4, 2013 at 4:51 pm

when it comes to the issue of finding it difficult to bear children, sometimes the dudes also carry issues medically but society makes it about the women…

There is nothing impossible for God.

Great piece. x

lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.co.uk/

2. Ella

March 5, 2013 at 9:01 am

hmmmmmmmmm……

3. Me

March 5, 2013 at 9:01 am

First!

4. Me

March 5, 2013 at 9:03 am

Ok! This was an amazing read, sort of saw where it was headed, I dunno why, maybe because the man is easily the one with the infertility problems and they dont even know half the time. Anyway, knowing where it was headed didnt take anything away from the beauty of the prose. Amazing read, and a good way to start my morning. Haha!

• chinco

March 5, 2013 at 9:31 am

Nice

• Omoibile

March 6, 2013 at 8:51 am

Thank you for getting to the essence of the well rendered prose. So much of the commentary is offpoint. Wish the appreciation of elegant prose returns to Nigeria and Nigerians.

Anyways with modern fertility treatments, there is really nothing like male infertility?

5. Mildlee

March 5, 2013 at 9:09 am

For better for worse, till death do us part!

6. giggy

March 5, 2013 at 9:25 am

🙁

7. Been there

March 5, 2013 at 9:27 am

Hmmmm…..what to do?
    Its not too late, just adopt. very well written story

8. Kunmi O

March 5, 2013 at 9:30 am

Great read boo 😉 Well done!

9. JADE

March 5, 2013 at 9:30 am

Great read, exactly what we were discussing yesterday on Toolz’ prose, u see?if he had come clean that first time, at least he was just finding out too, they would have faced the problem together but now he has made her bear this burden for 6 unbelievable years, now that is what i wont be able to forgive. Giving me hope, telling me God’s time is the best when all along you KNEW!!!!!!!!!!! Thats wickedness, mba i will not take u back

10. Ready

March 5, 2013 at 9:36 am

I loved the story! Sometimes, writers lose me in the essay description but this one kept me all through and I was going with the vibe. If I was Dozie, while I would be angry that he didn’t tell me beforehand and we would have to work hard to get past it, it’s definitely not the end of the world. Adoption!

11. veer520

March 5, 2013 at 9:44 am

wow classic… Now this would be a good movie script… all thats lacking is when she looses it in that moment, shoots him dead, is arrested, delivers an insanity plea ….. then we wait to see whether or not the jury buys it. Wow Brilliant

12. Annie

March 5, 2013 at 9:45 am

Waoh, Nothing is completely perfect, u see a good relationship, a good marriage, there is always a strain somewhere,yeah i want a good relationship, perfect even, i want a good marriage and all, i want, i want, i want..but at the end, fate decides for us, right? God help us make all our hearts desires perfect, i know mine would ve a good end. 🙂 Amen

13. Jfk

March 5, 2013 at 9:45 am

Got me thinking…… Thank God for what u have and not what u dont have. Counting my many blessings today.

14. Funms

March 5, 2013 at 9:46 am

Ewooooooooooo, that man is wicked. How do you watch someone you love suffer like that. Blame herself, doubt herself, feel broken, and damaged. Go through fertility treatments, pump her body full of chemicals. To watch her suffer for 6 years. That’s not love, that’s pure selfishness. Love doesn’t hurt, love doesn’t harm. To subject her to gist and pity looks from friends and family, and her being used as point of sermon by Pastor Hannah. If she had known, they could have adopted, they could have used surrogate sperm, no one would be the wiser. Kai, this brings me back to Toolz’s post yesterday. How many shades of truth. I guess this classifies as white or black. If you know before marriage, just open up. You will find that if the person loves you, they’ll even love you more when they find out truths like this. You’ll know they chose you over any children you may or may not have. In fact, I’m shocked. The number of married women going through this, and those ones who have done away match just to get pregnant. I have one shocking story ehn, in fact. I’ll post it later.

• cynthia

March 5, 2013 at 11:44 am

Waiting patiently for the shocking story 🙂

• Funms

March 5, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Hmmmn. True story, not prose. You know when your parents say go to your room, because they don’t want you to hear what they are talking about. This naughty child sneaks back out to listen to gist, that shocked me to my bones. One of my “uncles” had a problem. He is very very rich, quite well known on the Lagos scene, so of course, he has “girlfriends”. One of the girls was blackmailing him. She said she was preggers. Here comes the bomb. He is sterile, and he knows. The story is just like this. He too knew and he kept quiet. For a man of his wealth and status, its unheard of. He couldn’t tell his wife, but sharp madam got pregnant. Knowing that confronting her will reveal his condition, he kept quiet. He was so happy for the chance to be a father he didn’t mind. Madam did this FOUR times, including twins, so he has 5kids that are not his, and he has kept his secret. He said he is sure his wife knows he is sterile, I mean 4 freaking pregnancies, but he doesn’t consider it cheating. Its not like he sef is faithful, but she gave him children, children to love, children who call him daddy. Iyawo mi bomi lasiri, were his exact words (my wife covered my nakedness). So this young girl should not come and destroy his carefully constructed family life. His wife of course knows that he has girlfriends, its part of the territory as a rich man’s wife, but for a girl to bring a baby to rub in her face, especially when it is not his, there’s only so much she can take, and he is afraid she would reveal the truth. If for nothing but to spite him. She has nothing to lose. He loves his 5 kids, they are his children, they are already grown, it will kill him if the truth gets out. I couldn’t see the look on my parents face from my hiding point, but I was frozen still. He wanted to pay the girl off, but he knows she’ll come asking for more. He knows she also has a young boyfriend, who is likely the father, and they want to fleece him. So, he is confused, and in big trouble. I don’t know how he resolved it o, but he is still married, and they’ve been married for almost 30 years.

• BubblyBliss

March 5, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Hmm this you story Funms! All your uncle needs to do is a paternity test. It’s not hard work at all. That way his secret stays safe and his family doesn’t have to suffer.

• co-sign he should have told here from the get-go

• Funms

March 5, 2013 at 5:53 pm

This was over 15 years ago, who talked about paternity tests then. He also didn’t want his wife to know, so the issue of paternity test will be like wind blowing and foul ****** showing. Lol

• maggie

March 6, 2013 at 4:29 am

your uncle can tell the girl that he had a vasectomy so that child can’t be his!! hmmmm this life shaaa.. things should be kept quiet and buried for good!! atleast for the sake of his nonbiological children.

• Purpleicious Babe

April 4, 2013 at 5:00 pm

@Funms…just what if it was a miracle? that indeed the lady is carrying his child? Am just saying, delay doesn’t mean denial. But then again, life is full of all sorts….
      lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.co.uk/

15. Dora the explorer

March 5, 2013 at 9:47 am

This just gave me a major fright! but I know it is not my story and will not be!!! I love Nigerian authors all the wayy! brilliant read..

16. Nosipho

March 5, 2013 at 9:47 am

Captivating read, clearly the woman wants kids. What happens now?

17. Nimi

March 5, 2013 at 9:53 am

Excuse me?!?! This is a slap in the face. He is sterile and has been keeping it from her since their first test at a Clinic?? He asked all the Doctors to keep it from her? He has seen his wife deal with pain and sadness for 6 years and decided it would be better for her to feel guilty about not being able to give him a child, than for him to admit to her that it was her fault? You see your wife go through pain for years and you decide to allow it to continue? This is selfishness at it’s best. He has been ‘encouraging’ and ‘supporting’ her through all those Tests, visits to the Clinics etc while knowing all along that he could have put an end to it by just telling her the truth??
    I really wouldn’t know what to do in such a situation?

The title of the post gives it away. I didn’t read the title at first, so honestly, considering the society we live in I thought he was going to tell her he had made up his mind to leave her for a woman who could give him a child.

• Purpleicious Babe

April 4, 2013 at 5:07 pm

@Nimi, I also thought he had gotten someone else preggi…

In all fairness, I do think to an extent it must have killed him inside to tell her the truth and besides some people cant and claim to do it as some sort of protection. I guess this is their own test and trial and they have a choice to work it out.

Personally, not everyone makes it easy for people to tell their deepest secrets. As for me, pls tell it o. PERE. I am a strong believer in the word and I rather know stuff from the onset, though hard and unbearable its all part of the test. TRANSPARENCY and HONESTY are part of my core values.
      I pray for God’s grace.

I am sure stuff like this happen in real lives. SIGH. Its good to communicate. x

lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.co.uk/

18. deeee

March 5, 2013 at 9:55 am

if i was her (i disclaim it lol) the only problem i’ll have with him is the fact that he has been lying about it…

19. Missy

March 5, 2013 at 9:58 am

choi! virgin bride…pele.

20. Kecy.

March 5, 2013 at 10:08 am

Good read; even though seeing the title gave away the ending.

I still feel left out, no closure at all.

21. Zednani

March 5, 2013 at 10:10 am

This story is so well written, the storyline is amazing and the ending is a real blow to the gut! 🙁

I don’t even know how I feel now… He’s sterile??!!! He didn’t tell her?? 🙁

He sounds like an amazing husband, but how could he keep this from her and watch her go through all this pain for 6 years without confiding in her? I don’t want to say its unforgivable, but that is not love, that is selfishness.

Please write a part 2, I’d love to see what happens next.

• Purpleicious Babe

April 4, 2013 at 5:10 pm

I personally think he went through more pain than she did. In fact, it had completely killed him for him to blurt it out in one go. I think he didn’t want her to see him another way. Stuff like this are harder o. Hmm, its easier said than done.

lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.co.uk/

22. Nomy

March 5, 2013 at 10:14 am

Great story! I salute Anee, you try. That said, i won’t even kill mysef over this, a wonderful guy like this? We go just head straight to those maternity hospitals, find an expecting mother with an unwanted baby with our Lawyer in tow and work out modalities sharperly! Ike akuko adiro di m!

23. pynk

March 5, 2013 at 10:32 am

they should get a sperm donor if a biological child is that important. If not adopt. yes dude was selfish, but they’ll be fine. Its not the end of the world. especially if dude is good to her in the ways that matter.

24. As myself

March 5, 2013 at 10:46 am

@sonia lol did u read d write up at all, please read it again. D guy is sterile and he has known this from the first time the went to the doctors place and he hide it from her for six years.
    Sweetie before u start quoting dictionary and attacking people.

25. Priscy

March 5, 2013 at 1:14 pm

why lie..why?????

26. jennietobbie

March 5, 2013 at 2:01 pm

why is it difficult for men to talk about this?

27. munch

March 5, 2013 at 2:25 pm

we were together for 7 years….first clinic we went to said he was ok, i did a HSG and they said i got tubal adhesions leading to blocked fallopian tubes. i did a laparoscopy to try to ‘lyse’ the adhesions, then did an iui…no result. then had 2 cycles of ivf…still no result…then he started being nasty, hitting, hating, verbally abusive and saying he’s got someone else. when he started to threaten my life if i did not leave, i RAN, and then had some peace. then i met someone else, and i’m like i cant have kids o, i’m even done trying and i want to be single forever…that way no pressure to have kids. but he persisted and love won. that was 2 short years ago…surprising to me and everyone else i have a pretty baby daughter and preggers for another…how did that happen? so i wasnt my ‘fault’ all along? unbelievable, what women have to go thru, meanwhile it could be either of the two.

• cynthia

March 5, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Oh wow!! Congratulations!!! God is good!

• Joan

March 5, 2013 at 3:01 pm

My dear, I rejoice with you jare. Na him loss!!! Women go through hell all in the name of trying to prove that we can bear kids. It’s so sad!

• atukpa

March 5, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Congrats dear, and thank God you had the strength and wisdom to leave a bad relationship. Ladies take note, your life does not end with 1 bad man.

• Partyrider

March 5, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Aww..congrats.

March 5, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Your story is very touching. Our God is awesome…all the time. Remain blessed.

• Jade82

March 5, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Wow congrats dear…
      we women go through a lot because of men. At the end of the day very AND only thing they care about is there EGO being hurt forgetting the person they married needs to know too. I am so happy u found peace, joy and happiness somewhere else. As my mom will say God fore saw other dangers and decided to make changes for you….Who knows the fault can also be from him while ur there going through all this painful procedures in the hospital kia wetin us wetin dey see for oby-gyn hand

• She

March 6, 2013 at 7:08 am

Congrats sisterly, the jokers loss……happend to a for of mine…..if not for her doctor who threatened he won’t continue with her treatment till she brought the hubby for test they won’t have found out the idiot had low sperm count…..she eventually got pregnant and had a still birth. Now the hubby has gone doggy dog with another woman so good riddance sef…..great story but am not surprised at men, meanwhile if its the woman who hides anything the whole community will hear the story….if it happens to me the nigeria done gone coa no man is worth all that sacrifice….am sick and tired of men abusing women and thinking they can get away with it…

28. babymi

March 5, 2013 at 3:15 pm

hmmmm…life! well, some people accused Nnam of lying. In my honest opinion Nnam didnt lie. He only didn’t say which in itself is/was bad…Here’s how i’d react if i was Dozie: cry! faint! but would still forgive and work things through with my hubby….doctors says he’s sterile, well, thats only their report. I’m sure God is capable of everything. With prayers, issues like this can be solved. Dozie’s a good man from all indications. Where would one find such a man in this our generation? And besides: Adoption is another option!!

• Ziz

March 5, 2013 at 9:54 pm

How is this not lying? They went for 6 years desperately looking for means to conceive while he knew from the first test that he was sterile. Lying by omission is still lying – plain truth. And Dr. Ben was in the wrong for keeping it a secret. Yes, Doctor-Patient confidentiality exists but they were both his patients for Pete’s sake. Can you imagine the emotional turmoil she had to go through for 6 YEARS thinking the inability to conceive stemmed from her? Dr. Ben placed her mental health at risk. Yes, I might/will end up forgiving Nnam and there are other options to have kids but that will never excuse him putting me through turmoil for 6 years.

• Angry

March 6, 2013 at 7:16 am

Babymi if na so u mums for real life them am sorry for you……jeez can’t u read or what? He was sterile for years and knew it and u say he didn’t lie? Gosh can’t even imagine all the lies he would have told her all those years while consoling her when he knew it was his fault……na women like u dey give men chance to misbehave oh……he did not lie indeed, rubbish

29. atukpa

March 5, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Sterile is the least of his problems. The deceit, deception, secrets arghhhh!
    hurtmuch.com
    He should have said as soon as he knew, there are so many options. Instead of ingesting all the useless drugs she has been taking. They could have gotten a sperm donor, and she could have carried their babies. They could have adopted… so many options.
    Salient point is his sterility was not the end of their marriage, the deception is. Such a selfish man, i don’t think he loves her.
    Even the catholic church will annul your marriage on these grounds.
    If it’s a true story, there’s hope. And i pray they can move past his selfish ways.

30. Tiki

March 5, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I don’t get why men have such trouble facing infertility, and sexual health issues in general. ESPECIALLY when you are married and owe it to your partner. The hurt I would feel if I was in this lady’s shoes would be unbearable. I get that when you found out you couldn’t tell me because you were afraid, but 3 years? 3 YEARS you watched me cry myself to sleep and you didn’t do the one thing that would comfort me, ie make the unknown problem known so we could work on it?

How will I ever trust you to protect me, to put me first, to make me happy, again?

• cynthia

March 5, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Gbam!

31. ao

March 5, 2013 at 5:00 pm

The issue I see is the deception and not the sterility. He allowed his wife to go through unnecessary medical procedures and psychological trauma for six years based on a lie. The woman was blaming herself and others in the family were also viewing her as the one with the problem. A marriage cannot be based on a lie. Extremely selfish of the husband to do this to his wife. There is a Nollywood movie featuring Stephanie Okereke that actually deals with this issue and ends with disasterous results.

32. Ducchess

March 5, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Please Please Please continue the story.

BN TEAM – you should seriously consider making this a series and have the writer post a new part to the story every week… I think this is a genius way to draw more people to BN and give readers another exciting reason to visit your site! Omo, if y’all don’t snatch up Anee’s story, I will serioulsy doubt your smarts o! #justSaying.

33. Isoken

March 5, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Its awful that most times the burden of infertility is placed on the woman. But what kills me the most is statements like ” I married a virgin” that doesn’t give you immunity frm infertility. I hear it in church all the time women giving testimonies and saying it like they don’t deserve what they are going through because they were virgins. Life happens and it gives us different challenges, we don’t always have to understand why. That being said he should have told her from the begining and saved her all the heart ache.

34. jade

March 5, 2013 at 7:52 pm

OMG, i dont know what i would have done if i was in that spot @ all. I will not be my portion, I hope that maybe further on she can forgive him and then they both can seek further avenues in having a child.

35. ktemi

March 5, 2013 at 9:04 pm

love the story….perfect, the intro, flow….thanks

36. misse

March 5, 2013 at 9:21 pm

beautiful

37. Teetee

March 6, 2013 at 3:58 am

Lovely story.i feel for Dozie though…it’s gonna be painful but marriage is for better or for worse,she should teach him a lesson though for a while but not end things with him completely..Love conquers All.

38. magh

March 6, 2013 at 4:37 am

In this day and age, couples should get tested before marriage! stds, general checkups and also how fertile both individuals are. beautiful story anyways

• magh

March 6, 2013 at 4:42 am

well in real life, the doctor will have to tell both people how fertile they are. you can’t beg your way out of everything esp in diaspora .

39. Na wa

March 6, 2013 at 5:37 am

Haba!,he should have said something since now.Am sure that girl must have heard a lot from the inlaws. Some things are just not meant to be kept as secret.

40. charming

March 11, 2013 at 6:56 pm

If I wre Dozie,I wudnt do anything but am sure I wud jst go oit get a man to hv sex with dat veryday,come bk home nd act like nothing happened #stay schemeing# lol…am hst kidding dou…

41. sweetlips

March 13, 2013 at 9:06 am

Wonderful piece, sad story…

42. libra

March 19, 2013 at 9:38 am

A man who kept the truth away from you for six good years is a liar and a selfish man…Six years is too long for one to build up the courage to say the truth…

43. Mimi

March 29, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I am convinced that a lot of women that have been ridiculed as barren over the years are not truly barren. The fault is from the husband but the world that we live in blames everything on the woman.

44. tee

April 3, 2013 at 6:57 pm

woah!

45. birdieblue

September 4, 2013 at 1:19 am

Stupid guy. Seriously didn’t he have faith in the woman he married to know she loves him enough to at least adopt together? Or at least to try and solve the issue from the male angle rather than allow her to go one thinking that she was the one at fault. Abi what did he think, that marriage was a “deal with your own problem” arrangement? In fact!! stupid, selfish, irresponsible, cowardly guy. mmph!