Music

Lagosians Will Get This! Listen to Rexx – Island Girl

Onos

REXX - ISLAND GIRL

Relationships seem tough when they are long distance for some. Nonetheless, the average Lagosian knows how tedious a relationship can be when one party lives on the island and the other on the mainland. So, this new tune, “Island Girl” by “Shokoto” singer, Rexx is for exactly that situation.

Check on it!

Play Rexx – Island Girl
[audio: https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Island-Girl.mp3]
Download

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them.Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. Godslove22

May 16, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I like 🙂

2. Tiki

May 16, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Wait, island to mainland is long distance? Pray tell what then shall UK-Nigeria be classified as?

• Partyrider

May 16, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Lmao 😀

3. annonymous :)

May 16, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Like r u for real loooooooooooool…island to mainland long distance relationship *rolls eyes* nigga pls , didn’t even say abuja and lagos…when ur doing jand and nig speak to me peace.

4. OmoMakun

May 16, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I really don’t get how the whole mainland/island relationship can be considered a long distance relationship. Na wa o! The whole seperation just annoys me….mschew. No be the same Lagos????. Moving on….. I like Rexx, but the song is not for me…

5. Nora

May 16, 2013 at 8:59 pm

:s

6. omah

May 16, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I love this song. A definite club banger, a good push on radio and it will be number 1 on the charts… I love the beat and the sound… really cool and relateable… but not in a long distance kinda way hehehe… moofasabyomah.blogspot.com

7. eniola folarin

May 16, 2013 at 10:38 pm

This song is not about distance, Bellanaija insinuated that. Listen to the lyrics, he never mentioned anything about distance. Its more about the stigma that comes with living on the Island compared to living on the mainland (status) 🙂

8. tunji

May 16, 2013 at 10:39 pm

not bad

9. anonymous 99

May 16, 2013 at 11:24 pm

eniola is right though i dont believe all islanders are rich or all mainlanders are poor. besides that island/mainland relationship can be long distance o… dont dull. if you arent mobile and you dont do public distance isnt it cabbing for life. it can never be the same if you are dating someone who lives 10minutes away from you and someone who lives 1 hour away from you on a good day. no surprise visits no stopping by after work just to see you. things arent the same. i dont see myself dating a mainland boy ever again. tried it and mehn I CANT. just imagine if the guy stays in festac, okota, ejigbo,akute, iju or however its spelt.. all them inside places. yaba, surulere, ikeja isnt far at all. personally i cant doe..
    even if you are mobile do you know how many hours you can spend driving to see le boo if he stays in one of them hidden places. i know relationships arent easy and it requires hardwork but i dont believe it should be that hard but then its my opinion so…. if you are angry go and lick fridge

10. Chioma

May 17, 2013 at 12:09 am

Dope song Rexx!!!

11. collins

May 17, 2013 at 12:24 am

This is a very dope song, and its not about long distant relationships neither, its super relatable cus some of us have dated island girls and we know how they react when we tell em to come over to the mainland…its a dope song nice one rexx keep it up

12. jay

May 17, 2013 at 6:59 am

Very true. I’ve heard sentiments like these expresses in real life. And like I tell all the island people “your money is new money, stop acting like you grew up playing polo or golf, old money isn’t loud, lives in Ikoyi or a big house on the mainland and spent weekends at Ikoyi club. New money stays in Lekki”. Nigerians can be so fake, I’ve seen guys and chicks explain this as why they didn’t date someone.

13. Onyi

May 17, 2013 at 8:42 am

This song is madddd! Whaat?!!

14. Ijeoma

May 17, 2013 at 9:50 am

Wait! I lived in Lagos all my life and i really do not understand how in the world someone who lives in the same state as you is long distance. Biko! I live in Los Angeles, so dating someone who lives in Orange County or even San Diego should be considered long distance? Nonsense rubbish talk. Una never talk wetin dey worry una. Long distance ko…long distance ni. Abeg, i am sick and tired of this useless hype about Lekki and Ikoyi or whatever. You get small money you forget say you been dey soak garri before. Take your fakeness and show it down where the sun don’t shine. People that are in long distance will be talking, you silly young people of my generation with small money will open your wide mouth and say “oh! i can’t believe she lives in Festac…i can’t date her, i live in Lekki!” ode ni to the highest level. Nonsense.

• Tunmi