News

“Some People Do Things From a More Business Perspective” | OJB Jezreel Chats with Sheifunmi Yusuf on Ovation TV

OJB Jezreel

In a bid to join the #SaveOJBOjezreel cause and increase the awareness of the veteran musician/producer’s current health situation, Sheifunmi Yusuf had a sitdown with OJB Jezreel for Ovation TV.

The two talked about the facade of camaraderie in the Nigerian music industry; how some artists may even help as a career move as well as catch us up to date with the OJB‘s health issues and more.

OJB Jezreel is currently suffering from  Kidney failure and needs $100,000 for his transplant in less than 7 weeks.

Check on it!

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. temi

July 2, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I will never lack for money In jesus name,above all their God give me PLENTY of good health ijn amen.poor guy so much on him.u r heal IN jesus name amen!

2. FAR

July 2, 2013 at 11:20 pm

God sees all our hearts thru and thru
    iamfar.com

3. Choice

July 2, 2013 at 11:34 pm

May God restore his kidneys back but what’s this interview all about??? He should be resting.

4. m

July 2, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Health Insurance baby! You gotta make sure you have health, home and car insurance.

5. MyView

July 2, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Ok, I wish this man well and hope he gets the help he needs and recover for him and his family. Having said that, why do I get the feeling (forgive me if I’m wrong) that he and some people think that Nigerian artists owe him? If musicans are not “as cordial as they seem” he is a part of that. What has he done to better other people’ lives? We have seen people like Don Jazzy take the lead and rise to the occasion time after time when others are in need, when has this guy? There have been public cry in the past for people like Ennebelu and Ngosi Nwosu, how much did he give then? If he took care of his daughter in the past, that is his job as a father as other celebrities that care of their families.
    My point is, this is the second interview I am seeing of him, and all he talks about is the flaw of life and people. How about appreciation for the good? How about thanksgiving for those celebrities and citizens who have come to his aid and pray (he does not want any prayers) for him? How about “thank you to those who have helped and to those who can, I still need more help”? Why is he so negative?
    I feel like these stars are now being blackmailed and unfairly so. Some are being judged for buying expensive cars instead of helping, but guess what? I am sure OJB himself has treated himself to a few luxuries while millions of Nigerian Kids die of hunger every day. Just because some of them choose not to help him does not in any way mean they are not kind or charitable. They might choose to go others that are less privileged than him. Most Nigerians live in far more worst condition that he does but at least he is lucky enough to gain the exposure he has. He should be focusing on the good and positive, but now he is trying to imply that those who have helped are doing so from a “business perspective”. That is not a nice thing to say of people who genuinely wanted to help and not encouraging to others who might want to help.
    Like I said, this is just my opinion and I hope and pray he gets well and through this for him and his family. And to all those celebs who have shown their support, BRAVO!

• Whew

July 3, 2013 at 11:33 am

Wooooow I love you for this one..wish I could give you a hug now..this is the #GBAMEST..I mean you just read my mind !..he should calm down abeg !

• Love

July 3, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I totally understand where you are coming from but the point is, the man is dying..lets forget his ‘attitude’ towards the situation and concentrate on the situation itself. Whatever he did or didn’t do, or said or didn’t say, whether he is grateful or not, that’s between himself and God..lets just help in whatever way we can and keep it moving. I cant say i wont help someone who is dying (when i know i can) because he is not sounding grateful or he never helped others too when he had the chance, who am i to judge??

• Funmi

July 3, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I agree with you 100%

• tabitha

November 15, 2019 at 12:36 am

so sad reading dis ur comment today even tho is 6yrs ago buh let’s always remember dat sickness can really make people talk irrational and u shud av considered dat though he’s dead buh I still think u shud learn to considerel situations surrounding a person at a time like dis next time…my opinion tho like u said

6. Oyin

July 3, 2013 at 12:37 am

I love his spirit…wish you speedy recovery Ojb

7. Leah

July 3, 2013 at 4:46 am

He should be making videos thanking his fans, his colleague, and the general public for their, love, prayers and support but he is out here all arrogant and questioning the motives of peoples generosity. Wish him well though.

• Whew

July 3, 2013 at 11:34 am

Like exactly….

• olumectron

July 3, 2013 at 12:02 pm

did you really follow d interview? I can’t see any arrogance…..all I see some deep stuffs. Well, not everybody can relate to deep stuffs.

8. wiklo

July 3, 2013 at 5:56 am

I’m sure the bundlers for the recent Kim Kardashian charade/show can bundle the needed mere $100,000 for this life saving surgery…I know it’s their prerogative but they need to learn the power of selflessness which most often transforms lives…where are the oil magnates that drop such on Hublot and other luxuries without blinking…

9. Sam

July 3, 2013 at 6:32 am

Why is VIP playing in the background, can’t hear what the interviewer is saying, the least they could do was reduce the background volume

10. Perfect

July 3, 2013 at 8:03 am

This guy needs to shut up and go get his operation. Just thank God that someone gave you money

• Yup

July 3, 2013 at 11:35 am

All I’m saying really….

11. Gistyinka Blog

July 3, 2013 at 9:58 am

Get well soon bro… some may not know what you feel now….

12. kokoqueen

July 3, 2013 at 10:17 am

Juliet Ibrahim…the only word i have for you is SHAME….You just added to the list of this man worry…I would ve written u a memo but u dnt deserve one…My bff did donate her kidney to her dad…although her dad was a top politician and money wasn’t the problem…we had a lot of pains and emotions to deal with…personally i cried and ran to my pastor…i was wth her every step all d way…thank God the transplant was a success. They did spend over 150,000dollars…infact the maintenance(checkup) and miscellaneous expenses like accommodation, airfare etc for 3pipo (the donor, recipient, and at least one family member of frnd ) was more than the transplant….all u said abt OJB made me realise dt ur so called Kidney foundation is for stupid publicity stunt….May God not let money sucking sickness visit u cos u ll understand hw a rich man can turn into something else over night…God Bless all that have contributed to #SaveOJB

• Really Kokoqueen?

July 3, 2013 at 12:21 pm

It is very wrong of you to abuse the girl. What she stated were facts which OJB has even confirmed. Your friend’s family spent a lot more than $150,000 but they didn’t ask the public for help most probably because they can afford it. In this case, OJB depends on donation and it will be wise to look for a cheap option. That is the bottom line of what the Juliet girl was trying to say. It’s just like saying that one need help to pay for childbirth and you are going to the most expensive hospital based on recommendation from your friend that gave birth abroad because they give the best medical care for pregnant women. It is necessity we should be talking about now and that is making sure he gets the basic thing which is the kidney transplant. If in the process of looking for $100,000 that will cover post transplant expenses and something happens to him, what will happen? All the effort will be in vain. People are putting themselves out to try and raise this fund but no one is under any compulsion. Most of the people contributing to this have their own little challenges and it will be unfair to ask for more than the necessary. Just like someone noted somewhere, no life is more important than the other- celebrity or not. His life is not more precious than that of my hair dresser whose son is suffering the same fate. He is just privileged to have a name to appeal with. If the money can save 2 lives, why not? The God that enabled people to contribute towards the transplant is more than able to see him through the post surgery time. Lets think objectively and stop harassing people that don’t agree with our views.

13. Trendysturvs Blog

July 3, 2013 at 10:21 am

Get well soon dear

trendysturvs.blogspot.com

14. Mama Mia!!!

July 3, 2013 at 10:58 am

Cut your hair and remove those ear rings it’s distracting. Nigerians are still old skool and stil don’t get the swag especially the older ones. it shouldn’t matter I know, but it does! Appearance is everything. Plus, very wise words from you right there Ojb, all will be well we are all willing to help. Bless!

• seyi

July 3, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Are you for real?

15. umeh emmanuel

July 3, 2013 at 11:00 am

I pray God grant U̶̲̥̅̊ ur heart desire OJB. With hope nd love 4rm ur fans, I believe U̶̲̥̅̊ will get d bill 4 ur treatment.

16. MI MI

July 3, 2013 at 11:56 am

I agree with MyView. But just wana add: as much we say that these artists have been riding around in flashy cars n wearing expensive clothes while OJB suffers, lemme make this clear: one’s responsibility is first to himself, family and loved ones, then to others if he CHOOSES! I might choose not to give to OJB’s health, it doesn’t make me a bad person! I might have my own issues or family issues to sort out which I think are far more pressing than an ailing musician’s health; I might decide that the children at the motherless babies’ homes or on the street need my money more than OJB! That doesn’t mean I don’t care about him! Even if I don’t have any issues, I have every right to do what I want with my money esp when it wasn’t given to me by the person in question! Yes we should be our brother’s keeper, but let us not be blackmailed into doing so as giving is supposed to come from a cheerful heart. Going hard and accusing people of not giving or giving from a business perspective sounds more like blackmail to me. What if those people that are being attacked have given but do not want their names to be mentioned in a list of those who donated, or even anonymous? I wish u good health, long life and prosperity OJB, but u gotta chill mehn! U need to be resting in your condition. And stop letting all these media people use you to make news, u know better than to think they really care, except of course if you’re enjoying all the stress!

17. ziki

July 3, 2013 at 11:58 am

May God provide all u need to heal u IJN.

18. Ajoke

July 3, 2013 at 12:19 pm

i agree with ur point of view i was thinking the same thing. why put pressure on other celebs becos when he was in good health who did he help. but anywayz i hope he recovers.

19. JADE

July 3, 2013 at 1:45 pm

@ MY VIEW, I completely agree with you that it is not the duty of celebrities to donate their money to him as they also have personal responsibilities but i want to correct you on some issues. 1. NOT DONATING TO OTHERS LIKE DONJAZZY: OJB has battled this sickness for some years and has battled it privately. using his own personal funds to manage his life while also carrying his personal responsibilities of being a son, a brother, a father and a husband, so was he supposed to donate to funmi or to Enebeli while he was battling to save his own life?
    2DONATTIONS : OJB is one of the foremost producers in Nigeria, according to what i have read, he has produced songs, hyped unknown artistes, given them food and shelter for little or nothing. Isnt it fair enough to say that at this point of is need that those same people also help him too?im not saying one person should pay the whole money but it is something they can all come together and do.
    I havent watched any of the videos and cant say if he cuts across as arrogant or not. But i think its a bit unfair to purchase a 15m car twice in the space of 6 months or less while unable to give atleast 5k to someone that helped get you to where you are today. Of course they have every right to spend their money as they deem fit but then the hands that pushed u up may not be there to catch you when you fall if you leave it hanging for too long.

• zsa zsa

July 3, 2013 at 2:53 pm

@My view, thanks for this. I agree 100%.
      @JADE, i understand your view but how do we know the person that replaced his 15million naira car did not donate already….maybe anonymously? maybe some artists just didn’t want their names out there to avoid comparisons with other donations. If Donjazzy gives 10naira and 2face gives 7naira people will accuse 2face of being selfish. And like some someone mentioned earlier people have their own responsibilities so they will give what they can.
      Anyway,this kidney issue is becoming really troubling, too many cases to count in the last 2 years. Anyone that can afford to do so should have some kind of health care plan for such unplanned circumstances

20. konne

July 3, 2013 at 3:03 pm

God bless him and his family. He actually needs a lot more than he is asking for. I hope he gets a lot more support because it is a grueling journey. Good luck man

21. Anonymous

July 3, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I just read somewhere that Governor Rotimi Amaechi has approved the total amount needed for the transplant and that it will be handed over to OJB on the 5th of July ie Friday. If this is true, and Ithink it is, this means that he has gotten almost twice the amount. This is the point where the people in charge of this whole save OJB should do the right thing and say how much was raised. It’s not for anything but just for the sake of transparency and to encourage all those that gave their widow’s mite to know that their little trickles made a difference.

22. Yinka

July 3, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I never comment, but I actually think this guy is very deep, and if I had the money I would have handed it to him. I really can’t understand how some people here can’t cut a dying man some slack. To be honest, if you don’t agree with what he is saying just leave him, I really cannot see why anyone will be that offended with what he is saying to have an outburst on a blog, unless u think he is talking about you of course . God bless us all, all the best dude

23. Aisha

July 3, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Hmm! My take on this OJB’s case is that whether he is talking like someone who is ungrateful or proud,or whatever qualifier we choose to tag on him, the fact still remains that this is a man who is SICK heath-wise and needs the financial help ASAP! What Juliet did was very wrong in all ramifications and I pray that she truly gets to understand this and ask God for sincere forgiveness, even if she can’t/won’t ask OJB for one. I can understand why some of you are quite irritated at OJB now, and that’s because he mentioned taking care of himself for about a year post surgery, correct? Please, do you know that not everyone is gifted with eloquence or the ability to use the right words at the right time? He merely was trying to explain to NIGERIA why he needs the amount he has been pleading for…I was pained that someone somewhere mentioned that he’s asking for “flexing” money! Please, what is flexing after a kidney replacement surgery? Is it the bills for the drugs, the bills for post-tests, the bills for his feeding, the bills for his companion/companions to be beside him during the trying times, the bills for the donor; if not a family member, the bills for his accommodation, or what exactly? Can we all please be mindful of what we say at all times, because we never know when it may be our turn to ask for assistance from others? And no, I am not praying that anyone begs others for money or such, but this is life, and in life, we are not guaranteed the next nan-second! Overall, it would be nice if OJB’s people can give either a daily update or something in regards to what’s left for the money to be completed and also how his treatment is faring when it commences, since a lot of people contributed their widow’s might to his cause. Even if these updates do not happen due to circumstances, we all just want to know that OJB had a successful surgery in the end.

24. nk

July 3, 2013 at 11:40 pm

I pray he gets well, but the money he is asking for will be enough for him and another non- celebrity with the same problem to get treatment. he is asking for charity, do Nigerians have to cater for him when he gets back from his transplant too? dude should go and have his surgery before his condition becomes worse, don’t see why he is taking people to task because of his illness how many charity organisations did he organize or donate to. I think this should also be a learning experience for those celebrities that are busy living above their means,overspending instead of saving for eventualities.