News

BN Beauty: Who Needs Eyebrow Pencils? Check Out How to Grow your Eyebrows Naturally

How to Grow Eyebrows Naturally - BellaNaija - September 2013I remember when I was young and had a full forehead of eyebrows. Then, I didn’t care what people saw on my face, but my sisters did. One fateful day, my sisters sat me down and asked me to pick between a razor blade and tweezers to pluck my eyebrows into shape. I had heard about the pain that accompanies tweezing, so I gladly went for the razor.

Sadly, a razor blade is more difficult to control when you aren’t a professional. When my sisters were done, I was left with a patchwork of short and long eyebrow hair. I never really recovered, but I thank God for eyebrow pencils.

Even though I enjoy drawing perfect brows, every now and then I see that one girl that has full and healthy eyebrows that make me feel like building a time machine and stopping myself from getting rid of my natural eyebrows. Oh well, we are already here, and frankly if PHCN cuts the light while I’m mid-time travelling, dinosaurs might come back.

Today, instead of feeling bad and saying the girl with full eyebrows “is probably mixed race“, here’s one of many great recipes to help you get back what you lost – full eyebrows.

What you Need

1. Castor Oil
  2. Witch Hazel
  3. Cotton Swabs
  4. A Clean & Dry Mascara brush How to Grow Eyebrows Naturally - BellaNaija - September 2013005

How

1. Start off with a clean face. Take a cotton ball and apply the Witch Hazel to it sparingly then rub on your eyebrows. The substance gently exfoliates and cleans while removing build up from makeup etc. Be sure to use 100% natural Witch Hazel because other types may irritate sensitive skin.

2. Take a clean mascara brush and use to brush the eye brow hair upwards. This aids distribution of the hazel and lifts any fine hair that may not have been touched by the hazel.

3. Take a drop of Castor Oil and rub into the brow gently. This aids moisturizing and strengthening. Try not to add too much to your brows so they do not look oily.

You can also adds some Castor Oil to your eyelashes to aid in growth as well.

4. Track the progress of your brow growth from start to finish so you can see the progress as you go along. In the case of tweezing, shaping etc, switch to using a small eyebrow scissor to occasionally trim stray hairs into shape.

Remember that this isn’t set in stone and there are a lot of other methods and recipes for longer eyebrows. If you have any tips on how we can grow our eyebrows, don’t forget to share.

Photo Credit: Healthyyounow.com | iHearb.com | Charbearbear.com | Firstaidmonster | Wellwellbeauty.com

1. ama

September 24, 2013 at 4:43 pm

ok

2. merci

September 24, 2013 at 4:44 pm

hmmmmmmm, heard of casotor oil before but very scarce to find! Good piece of advice.

• Geebabe

September 25, 2013 at 9:46 am

Castor oil can be bought from most pharmacies because it is also used as a laxative.

3. you can also get perfect eyebrows by not shaving it at all. also be careful not to add castoroil to places where you dont want hair to grow out of

4. Lani

September 24, 2013 at 4:49 pm

1. Please don’t use witch hazel if you have dry skin. Witch hazel is for combination to oily skin.
    2. Jamaican Black Castor Oil is perceived to work better for thickening and growing hair.
    3. You claim this will help me get back full eyebrows? So its scientifically proven? Bellanaija has become an international blog so you really need to start being careful with your statements.

5. Trendysturvs Blog

September 24, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Nice one

trendysturvs.blogspot.com

6. Deedee

September 24, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Are you supposed to do this everyday for a perfect result or what, am corn-fused!

7. Blackpearl

September 24, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Great :)…. how about remedies to make eyes look whiter ey?

8. bnigerian

September 24, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Coconut oil (virgin) works well too.

9. ao

September 24, 2013 at 8:12 pm

For those who can get it, Rapid Lash is more efficient; as in, less messy.

• Abimbola

February 28, 2014 at 1:40 pm

how and where do i get the rapidlash?

10. Cool cat

September 24, 2013 at 10:24 pm

It is clearly stated on this post that this recipe is not set(cast) in stone so i don’t know what this comment about international blog is about

11. Tee

September 24, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I use jamaican castor oil and didn’t see much much difference,cus really when you apply any oil and massaging it to your brow shud have d same outcome.I have trried coconut oil too,fenugeek,u name it. But I found out dat fresh onion juice works better for me.I noticed the difference after 2wks/8 application.

• Mabel

September 25, 2013 at 6:00 am

Silly question coming your way, how do you juice the onion?

12. Tee

September 24, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Bnigerian is right abt rapidlash,good reviews!!!

13. Fizzie

September 24, 2013 at 11:26 pm

What if i dnt have witch hazel? And hw do i take care of my eyelashes cos its always scattered?

14. Jeniifer Brownlee

September 25, 2013 at 12:04 am

how i grew my brows was with Caster oil (which helped tamed and strengthen) and Brow Potion ( which speed up growth and thicken) and not letting people who dont know how to do eyebrows touch my face. i will never let that happen again, eyebrows are too important for your look

15. Aminawon

September 25, 2013 at 6:53 am

16. deluxe

September 25, 2013 at 11:53 am

please! kindly help me with tips for a smooth face, can’t leave my face without make up.
    If i stop the make up, it becomes super rough. i see ladies with smooth face around and they keep saying its natural… lease help

17. me

September 25, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Palm oil works well / vaseline works well..

18. gugu

September 25, 2013 at 8:38 pm

please, still waiting for the answer to “& for those who never had full eyebrows in the first place? Will this still work?”
    @ me, is the palm oil/vaseline for getting a smooth face? I wouldn’t dare cos I have acne prone skin.

19. ME

October 27, 2013 at 11:04 pm

@deluxe, hope you see this. I always had rough face and
    nothing worked then i started using African Extracts Rooibos, the
    classic range. I used to use the purifying range but i didn’t
    notice any change, my face kept getting dryer and i wrote to them
    and they advised me to use the classic range. I don’t know where
    you live or if the weather also helps with this (my sister asked
    cos she lives in Lagos and i live in cape town with a less harsher
    weather) but I do have a smooth face, well almost! It toned my face
    back to its normal color. I use it quite religiously night and day.
    And I dont know if it helps too but I don’t wear makeup (hopefully
    i will someday when i know how to) http://africanextracts.co.za.
    Also maybe try forever living skin products. I did and it worked
    for me but was not easily accessible here so i switched. Hope you
    get this and it helps.

20. olivia

December 9, 2013 at 10:20 pm

pls can this castro oil work for the renewal of my front hair

21. Lenys

January 19, 2014 at 11:29 pm

@gugu if you get any answers please share them with me… I never had that much eye brows but would love to find a way to grow them

22. Lynette Steele

April 9, 2014 at 3:23 am

I am useing brow effect it really works.. Infact i have applied it on eyelashes also..now i’ve long eyelahses and thick eyebrows