News

Bow Down? It’s Queen Oluchi! Nigerian Supermodel/Entrepreneur covers New African Woman Magazine’s October 2013 Issue

Oluchi Orlandi New African Woman Magazine October 2013 Issue Remi Adetiba - September 2013 - BellaNaija003With the impending launch of her TV Show “Africa’s Next Top Model” which is currently being filmed and produced, real estate investments and more, Nigerian supermodel Oluchi keeps expanding her business interests.
Oluchi is the cover girl for New African Woman Magazine’s October 2013 issue!

This edition focuses on amazing African women calling the shots and shattering the glass ceiling. Look out for more scoop on the October 2013 issue of NAW on BN. Right now, it’s all about Queen O!
Check out the covers and cover shoot which was shot by Remi Adetiba.

Enjoy.
Oluchi Orlandi New African Woman Magazine October 2013 Issue Remi Adetiba - September 2013 - BellaNaija007Oluchi Orlandi New African Woman Magazine October 2013 Issue Remi Adetiba - September 2013 - BellaNaija002Oluchi Orlandi New African Woman Magazine October 2013 Issue Remi Adetiba - September 2013 - BellaNaija006Oluchi Orlandi New African Woman Magazine October 2013 Issue Remi Adetiba - September 2013 - BellaNaija004Oluchi Orlandi New African Woman Magazine October 2013 Issue Remi Adetiba - September 2013 - BellaNaija012Oluchi Orlandi New African Woman Magazine October 2013 Issue Remi Adetiba - September 2013 - BellaNaija010

Bonus!
The concept of the shoot was to interpret this into various leadership roles from corporate executive to queen (on a life-size chessboard). Each video is scored with a different song by Fela Anikulapo-Kuti.

Menswear

Queen

Military

Portrait

Cover Shoot Credits
Photographer: Remi Adetiba
Fashion Stylist: Prince Riley
Hair: Alyn Martin
Makeup: Romana Lai
Portrait in Background: Special commission for NAW shoot by Borbay
Studio: Image Powerhouse Studio, NYC
Dress: Tanzania’s Mustafa Hassanali

1. darkchildlovethyhair

September 19, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Photography on point! Love the various concepts

2. Meg

September 19, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Wow! She’s beautiful. The real definition of a super model!

3. sarafina

September 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm

She is not King Beyonce. The world will not bow ! Says the Beysus prayer

• Partyrider

September 19, 2013 at 8:52 pm

\_

4. Naveah

September 19, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Even una no sure sef because you put it in question form “bow down?” Love the pictures, Oluchi is gorgeous but bow down? Abeg, my knees dey touch grown to worship Abba Father and last time I checked no be Oluchi create the universe. Beyonce got back lash for that song which quickly faded away from air play and to attach that to Oluchi takes away from this promo. Just sayin’

• Yep

September 19, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Gbabe!! If people could understand the implications of what comes out of their mouths…hmm. I only worship King Jesus

• T

September 20, 2013 at 5:01 am

Why so serious? Go hang out this weekend..you need it.

• Lagos is my Home

September 20, 2013 at 10:18 am

I found the BOW DOWN very offensive too…… hisss
      Was it really necessary to use for this set of pictures

• Naveah

September 20, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Thank you for the unsolicited advise. I do believe that you just needed to say something no matter how inconsequential and now that you have done so, will we now get a break? Have a nice weekend hang as well, T. POOF!

• Jubemi

September 27, 2013 at 8:55 am

Word!

5. dp

September 19, 2013 at 9:01 pm

I have a huge crush on Oluchi,, i mean she’s so so pretty!! And im a lady ooo. no homo thou.

6. dlapikin

September 19, 2013 at 9:53 pm

That is why she a super model. All these people who form photo shoots every other week need to take note.

• CarliforniaBawlar

September 19, 2013 at 10:46 pm

“That’s why she’s a supermodel…..” the exacts words on my mind….
      She’s just on point! and as for bowing down?? that one pass my power o!

7. Plato

September 19, 2013 at 10:07 pm

We should be bowing for Remi Adetiba. Fashion photography on another level.

8. Anon

September 19, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Stunning

9. That african chic

September 19, 2013 at 11:19 pm

10. CarliforniaBawlar

September 19, 2013 at 11:25 pm

After watching the video, I’m wondering who the heck Remi
    Adetiba is…..dang!! And how tall is he? Na wah sha….correct
    people dey this planet earth! On another note, I find it
    interesting/ironic that Fela’s music was used to score a shoot
    promoting the strength of the modern African woman. Fela was known
    for is misogynistic ways and messages in his music….most
    obviously in “African woman/Lady” (used here as well). Not like I
    see anything wrong with the ‘concept’, I just find it quite
    interesting……

• Tunmi

September 20, 2013 at 5:21 am

Fela was not misogynistic. He was heavily criticizing the westernization of the African woman. In fact he would laugh at this photoshoot. She is supposed to be the African woman…with the funny paint on her face and the weave in her hair.

Lady was the Western woman, African woman is the African woman. The point of his song in Lady is that the West think they invented feminism, yet their women want to do everything for themselves except opening door and pulling out chairs. Our African women are market women…women who DO everything for themselves

• CarliforniaBawlar

September 20, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Uhmmmmmm…….NOPE.

• Hadassah

September 20, 2013 at 6:33 am

Yh I found that contradictory too , but I guess they were trying to use a soundtrack by a Nigerian. Yh if you like say he “wasn’t misogynistic he was criticising westernisation” most of his songs were insulting to women and we all know that most ‘non-western’ traditions/beliefs/acts don’t favour women or are little belittling or prejudiced towards woman so don’t sugarcoat it. I’m not anti-Fela I like his beats, I think he’s pretty bad-ass but let’s be honest his songs were misogynistic. Just like some rappers have lewd and offensive lyrics that we still bop out heads to. It doesn’t make it less offensive. Oluchi looks boss though, 2 thumbs up!!!!! s

11. roundpeginasquarehole

September 20, 2013 at 7:53 am

I want those legs of hers!!!!

12. lol

September 20, 2013 at 9:30 am

people and they way the turn wods down…..! i see no wrong in “bow down”. understand the context before u lay judgement! I love Oluchi, shes the most beautiful top model iv ever seen; from her eyes, down to her lips, …..omg! her legs, abi her skin tone! please bow down!

13. loveth .O

September 20, 2013 at 9:34 am

Good Photo’s

14. Ikwikwi

September 20, 2013 at 12:01 pm

As una say na only on top billionaire we de ask..pls BN help me wit my own o- is Remi single????#Luvstruck!!! :)) he can take my pictures all day!

15. Mz Socially Awkward...

September 20, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Dayummmmm, Mrs. Orlandi! What manner of hotness is this??? *saving the two-photo spread of her in shorts with endless legs as my new screensaver*. I clearly see why you got picked to school the ANTM contestants on how to get the job done… Biko buru ga wa… carry go.

16. Modella

September 20, 2013 at 12:30 pm

All I see is the legs…..have being waiting for the show

17. wale

September 20, 2013 at 4:29 pm

This woman will not KILL us. Just too beautiful.

18. Lilian

September 20, 2013 at 5:37 pm

The 3rd video is kinda cute. Well done! Yet another cover.

19. walsh

September 20, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I love New african women magazine. And to see oluchi on the cover. cant wait to read the exclusive on her.

20. NNENNE