News

BN Beauty: Girl, is that Your Skin? Check out How to Get a Fabulous Flawless Foundation by ThatIgboChick

BN Beauty ThatIgboChick Foundation Routine - BellaNaija - November 2013001Ever wondered how Chidimma Umeh of ThatIgboChick gets her flawless complexion for all those makeup tutorials? Well its by using a great foundation & powder technique.

Today’s BN Beauty is for all those gals who have always wanted to find out and those of you who need to get your foundation and powder routine down to perfection.

So here you go. A great foundation routine to help you get flawless complexion.

BN Beauty ThatIgboChick Foundation Routine - BellaNaija - November 2013002

What you Need

– Preferred Foundation
– Preferred Foundation Primer
– Preferred Concealer
– Preferred Ben Nye Banana Powder
– Preferred Bronzer
– Preferred contour kit

Tools, check. Enthusiasm, check. Then check it out.

Photo Credits: ThatIgboChick.com

1. Praise

November 28, 2013 at 9:08 am

All these for only one face before I go to work everyday? Beautiful sha but e get as e be o

• Cynthia

November 28, 2013 at 11:47 am

I tire oooooooo, hmmmmm una get time, but lovely work done, I admire it. But me no fit do all these, Hian.

2. Modella

November 28, 2013 at 9:10 am

See her knuckles like mine.

3. G

November 28, 2013 at 9:22 am

She looks good.

There’s one missing item on that list to achieve the look in the picture:

Preferred Airbrush Tool (Likely Photoshop).

4. Dame

November 28, 2013 at 9:29 am

” this foundation is not a joke” madam relax…good job tho but wey u get time every morning to dey do dis before work ….na wa oo….too much I think…it’s like a mask

5. mii

November 28, 2013 at 9:49 am

kk, i luv her wristwatch…gorgeous!!!

6. Eve82

November 28, 2013 at 9:59 am

Fine girl, even if you like , rub charcoal…you will still come out pretty 🙂

7. nkem

November 28, 2013 at 10:01 am

this is good but its way too much makeup…..how my face wan take breath with all these. women dey try sha. all in all good one gurl

8. Jo!

November 28, 2013 at 10:15 am

She sounds like a Yoruba girl

9. Jo!

November 28, 2013 at 10:18 am

Question: You’ve got really great skin. Any tips/products to reduce spots/blemishes (Apart from drinking water and eating fruits please, I’ve given up on that).
    I currently use Clinique’s 3-step blah blah, and frankly, I haven’t seen any dramatic changes considering how expensive the thing is.

• adelegirl

November 28, 2013 at 10:39 am

Hmmm…. Here I was contemplating getting Clinique or Clarins which is just as expensive…

• Dimm1

November 28, 2013 at 12:58 pm

hello dear,
      I use the acne.org regimen.
      I used to use the clinique three step program too, it worked great at first then stopped working completely. My skin got really bad at a point so I switched to the acne.org regimen, I still use it till date. I use the cleanser and the treatment but I no longer use the moisturiser that comes with the kit. I now use the clarins bright plus day lotion that has spf 20. It has sun protection and also helps clear up the dark spots that I get after I break out.

• whocares

November 28, 2013 at 1:01 pm

lool. me too. but cucumber works like magic. I wash my face with cold water, use rosewater and glycerine as a cleanser (morning routine) a bit of shea butter in winter only, and my spf 15 face cream. night time same routine of cold water, glycerine, then I rub a slice of cucumber on my face, wait till it dries, and then use the body shop tea tree blemish night cream.. my face looks sooo much better now and it feels so good and moisturised.

• Lola

December 1, 2013 at 10:30 am

You must be blessed with good skin naturally because if I put Shea butter in my face because the product is to heavy it clogs my pores and I break out .

• Funmie

November 28, 2013 at 11:42 pm

yea… respond to this biko

• Tim'tim

November 29, 2013 at 5:24 am

darling buy morning burst from family dollar its just
      4dolls n trust mi babe it works like magic…. wish u d
      best

• Dolapo

April 7, 2014 at 1:09 pm

try using lemon or lime on you face a twice a week on the blemish u wanna tone down

10. Mojisola

November 28, 2013 at 10:53 am

@Jo; I think you need to visit my blog. I write a lot about caring for your skin (both male & female) and other makeup tips too, so make out time to read through.
    perfectmelange.blogspot.com

11. Glo

November 28, 2013 at 10:58 am

Try using lemon on your face before bathing. Use simple the simple products(cleanser, moisturiser and toner). It worked for me.

12. Tincan

November 28, 2013 at 11:00 am

My eyes grew wider and wider as the products kept appearing. This process is a special gifting. No, not for me. Hiannnnnn

13. Prettylomo

November 28, 2013 at 11:22 am

Too long a process, except for outings, only jobless pple can do this daily. very pretty babe u are though

14. justina

November 28, 2013 at 11:42 am

u do all is every morning

15. marie claire

November 28, 2013 at 12:02 pm

16. marie claire

November 28, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Hi jo,I swear by dr organics tea tree oil blemish stick. It absolutely clears acne n givs u a nice glow as bonus.u shld try it. It rily works!

17. marie claire

November 28, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Its in form of roll on stick. It works by dryin up d acne witout wrinklin d skin surrounding it .u cn get it at pharmacies.hope dis helps.

18. saphyah

November 28, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Wow!!!

19. Abena

November 28, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I was asking myself if she had something on her face before applying the primer. If I had a fraction of her good skin, I would step out every morning with my bare face. That is too much make up on her beautiful skin.

20. bunmi

November 28, 2013 at 12:45 pm

network is bad so could not watch the entire video but from the little i saw of the video, its for special occasions not everyday look…

21. Chichi chb

November 28, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Process may look long but you ur a makeup lover you would appreciate the time it takes. I love your application

22. Aibee

November 28, 2013 at 2:58 pm

For some reason, I’ve never watched any of That Igbo chick’s video. Each time BN puts them up, I look at the list of products and I just close the page. Today I watched it for the first time because I’ve always wondered what this contouring and highlighting thing is about. This make up is not for the faint hearted. Haaaa. I hail all those who do this, whether for everyday or special occasions only. I wear glasses so the undereye and bridge of nose contouring + side of nose highlighting certainly isn’t for me.

23. Beautiful the Official Voltron

November 28, 2013 at 3:28 pm

You are beautiful darling with lovely skin and very good make over. but biko nu help small girls like us that only know powder and a the worst foundation which even sef is wahala. See all that list, abeg we want to be fine and set like this but aint nobody gat time for that. We would appreciate an easy and accessible product makeover tutorial. Thanks and well done.

24. elle

November 28, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Err hiii @ thatigbochick. I lovee your posts. I get the whole flawless foundation routine, but I sweat like a christmas goat and that pretty much ruins everything :’( Do you have any suggestions that’ll help? I really hope you see this

• Lola

December 1, 2013 at 10:40 am

You could try using a primer for oily skin , the smashbox primer for oily skin is amazing !!! A more affordable option is using milk of magnesia on your face after u put on ur moisturiser and let in settle in and then put your makeup on and set it with powder . Also I advice that u should invest in blotting paper for your face when it starts to get oily during the day

25. u.d

November 29, 2013 at 12:42 am

This is just tooo good, keep it up girl, you are doing a
    good job and you will definitely go places. Some people should stop
    complaining, make up is optional not mandatory, it’s either you are
    IN or OUT shikena……haba, na watin sef?

26. NNENNE

November 29, 2013 at 4:14 am

Pretty girl.

27. ray

November 29, 2013 at 10:31 am

nice work but too stressful wil appreciate a simple makeover

28. goz

November 29, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Good work there. love it , keep up the good work.

29. fairygodsister

November 30, 2013 at 11:27 am

I love her work, and it always turns out great but to be honest I don’t think I will ever allow all of this on my face, even on my wedding day. Too many things abeg, will I recognize myself when I’m done? Each time she says, ‘Next I go (back) in with the…’ I just smile. No way on earth.

30. favour

December 3, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Really nice watching your makeup tips but where can i get all the foundation,conceler,powder and all for my skin colour
    Hops they arent so expensive

31. Makeuplover

February 4, 2014 at 1:00 pm

If you dont want to use all these products you dont have to. Highlighting and contouring is not for everyone. And you do not have to do this to work for all the people complaining about work. draw ur eye pencil and put on lipgloss and go. Stop hating this poor girl. kai

32. lizzie

February 11, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Dude mehn!!! thats a whole lot of products, and really expensive stuff too…all those brushes. i’lld feel like a makeup artist which i’m not. Anyways she is gorge tho

33. ruth

March 31, 2016 at 8:47 pm

I really need your help. seeing how beautiful your skin is,I truly admire it. my complexion is exactingly like yours but don’t know how to get. I ve used several soaps and cream e.g,olay bath wash and cream,extract soap and cream. presently am using extract soap and carotone cream for my face and neck because am darker in those areas than the rest of my body. am so confused

34. ruth

March 31, 2016 at 8:49 pm

can u tell me the soap and cream you use?