News

Comedienne Princess Dammy & Hubby Split After 7 Months of Marriage

BellaNaija.com

Princess Dammy & Adeshola Jeremiah - May 2013 - BellaNaija01

One of Nigeria’s leading comedians Princess Dammy and her Yoruba movie producer/director beau Adeshola Jeremiah have separated.

The couple tied the knot on Wednesday 8th May 2013 at the Balmoral Hall, Oregun, Lagos.

Princess Dammy confirmed to The Net NG‘s correspondent that they have indeed gone their separate ways; citing “irreconcilable differences”.

“Yes my marriage has ended due to irreconcilable differences”. she says.

She further explains; “We have been having issues since the wedding but we still remained together hoping that we would be able to work it out. But apparently, we couldn’t work it out, hence the reason for our separation.

“We actually ended it several months ago, but we didn’t want to make it public. I’m sure God knows best“.

The NET NG goes on to report that they started having issues two weeks after their nuptials.

After the wedding, Princess confessed that “I love everything about him” (click here to read), but unfortunately their love story has come to an end.

1. Laface

December 27, 2013 at 7:48 pm

No comment.

• Miss me

December 28, 2013 at 1:10 am

As in my mouth is open!

• frank

December 29, 2013 at 1:12 am

Close the mouth now.

• Purpleicious Babe

December 29, 2013 at 1:30 am

i have a comment o..lol.
      My own is, I don’t like the “irreconcilable differences” I hate that term with a passion.
      It is so rinsed out. I think that her explanation towards the end made more sense than that term that has been thrown around and still been thrown around. kmt.

My take, no perfect marriage as they are no perfect individuals. But sha, the rate we get separated is alarming. I hate to think we go into marriage hoping that people will change or things will work it self out. Unfortunately, marriage is not what it seems. Contrary to what we think, marriage is hardwork, mental, emotional, financial, spiritual, physical etc. Kia, being hopeful is not good enough, knowing the truth and asking ourselves the real question can we handle this “excuse my french” character, behaviour etc.
      Multiply the irritating thing by 100 in the next five years can you handle that?
      All I can say is, there are alot of dead marriages parading as happy but I can only pray for a revival. What we have turned into marriage is just *blank face*

lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.co.uk

2. Titi

December 27, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Wow!! It’s well o!!

3. NNENNE

December 27, 2013 at 7:54 pm

SUCH IS LIFE. Sometimes you gain, sometimes you
    loose.

• nana yaa

December 27, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Naa. This shouldn’t be life. Whatever happened to tolerance, patience and compromise. Btw, what were they doing before the wedding?? Probably warming beds instead of studying and working on their differences. It’s such a shame.

• Purpleicious Babe

December 28, 2013 at 11:46 pm

GBAM….. U have talked well.
      NO like button yet? BN Pls add a ‘like’ button for 2014… that will be a gift to remember. x

4. yellow lily

December 27, 2013 at 7:57 pm

omdz!!!! this is really sad!!! God really knows
    best

5. Someone

December 27, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Couples should learn to be patient with each
    other.

6. Hmmm

December 27, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Na wa o

7. chichi

December 27, 2013 at 8:10 pm

The same person that was blushing, “he has removed the
    shame from me” then..na wa oh!

8. Chic

December 27, 2013 at 8:11 pm

See what “I must marry by fire by force” society has
    caused! Anyway all the best to them as they go on their different
    paths.

9. pops

December 27, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Na wao

10. Fabulicious

December 27, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Hmmm….it is well.

11. Cancel Reply

December 27, 2013 at 8:15 pm

This has got to be painful for them both.Sigh!

• whocares

December 28, 2013 at 10:35 am

i am glad you said that.. most comments i have read so far has simply judged them and not considered how difficult it might be for them.

12. Tweeny Tee

December 27, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Toooh… #Sigh

13. del

December 27, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Wanaski

14. Africhic

December 27, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Why am I not surprised. It seems she just jumped at the person that asked ”will you marry me”………….I wish her the best

• Exquisite

December 27, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Because you were there? Please stop typing gibberish and be a little sensitive! Only God knows what exactly and why this happened.

15. Miss Kiki

December 27, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Speechless.

16. Lola

December 27, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Hmnn.am beginning to fear naija marriages o.

17. Merry Christmas people!

December 27, 2013 at 8:26 pm

wow…that’s scary o….hope they both find inner peace coz
    it’s not easy.

18. tomi

December 27, 2013 at 8:28 pm

So sad men….whts even the use of marriage? I
    dunno

19. African Sweetheart

December 27, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Extremely sad. If they were having problems before the
    wedding then they should not have gotten married. A marriage is a
    covenant between man and GOD it is not to be broken. NEVER go into
    your lightly. That your friends are getting married is NOT a reason
    to! http://africansweetheart.blogspot.co.uk/

20. mrs chidukane

December 27, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Yeah, I knew it wouldn’t last.God give them peace

• FemaleNigerian

December 27, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Is dat so? Madam Soothsayer abi na alagbress(female alagba) we go call u. How u take kno o. *kmt

• oyeprof

December 28, 2013 at 4:43 am

People are sad in this life. How pessimistic can you be that you can say you knew it wouldn’t last. Surely you had already wished evil upon the marriage from the start. Here we are praying about the enemies that we know, meanwhile there are those we don’t even know exist. God save us from people wishing us evil that we don’t even know.

• mrs chidukane

December 28, 2013 at 12:38 pm

At Oyeproof and company, I don’t know any of them so the question of wishing them ill doesn’t arise.However,statistically marriages between younger men and much older women do not last.Soul E baba and Ure are a good example cos most times the family doesn’t support as well as other factors. Even Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher.The men go on to marry younger women afterwards. Please this new year let us pledge to think before attacking people cos of their views online. God bless

• Idak

December 28, 2013 at 11:29 am

Same way I know yours will not last longer.

21. Eve82

December 27, 2013 at 8:35 pm

It is well!

22. Laura1

December 27, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Oh no! This is no goood news………

23. dobz

December 27, 2013 at 8:37 pm

The rate at which people are thinking marriage is about the
    fabulous wedding reception and photos is alarming.

24. Timi

December 27, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Joke!

25. Duchess

December 27, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Now this is scary, 7 months??

26. Ohboy

December 27, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I Knew this was going to happen. No young guy in his right mind would marry a lady that is twice his size. Now i know this may seem harsh, but it is the truth. Even if he did not care about that, his friends will and they would continue to ring that in his ears.
    Its one thing for you to get fat after wedding and the kids and with age and all, it is another thing to be this fat before wedding, and the kids and all. I am not saying this is a rule before y’all start mentioning friends you know who married despite weight differences and are cool, those are exceptions, all rules have that.
    The real problem however is not the weight, it is the insecurity that comes with that. All her gushing, all her purring over the guy would only make the guy wonder why? Why love me so much? Why? Is it because no one else would love you? Hence the one thing that is sure ‘I can do better than this’.

I wish her luck in her romantic endeavors. Some self esteem and a much older guy, preferably a widower would be great. Don’t blame me, blame society and its expectations.

Cheers!

• FemaleNigerian

December 27, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I am speechless. Ohboy, u av actually rendered me speechless with this comment. Really?? Seriously??? Did u actually type this? I dont even kno what to say so i’m not gonna say anything. Scratch dat, i’ll say just one thing. WHERE IS THY COMMON SENSE?

• bsky

December 27, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Guy, i hate to tell you this harsh truth, but you are quite lame. Like for real, you are quite clueless. You think marriage is all about the physical, guy you need to check yourself.

• M&M

December 27, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Please DO NOT BREED!!!..if you think these way then your Offspring would be worst. agreed you have issues with ENDOWED women but the last thing you should do is come here and voice your screwed up opinion, your type feel empowered behind your computers but lack the balls to say it to peoples face,she is just coming out of a 7 months marriage you really think she is in cloud 10 right , am sure she is finding it hard to come to terms with but hey she has to move on and be strong and you shithead feel you have an opinion .we all have insecurities esp. at a particular age but we have different ways of dealing with it.

BN biko post my comment for this fellow to read. @ohboy you need to take \_\_\_\_ and while you are at it get yourself educated on some medical conditions and medications that promote weight gain and understand the meaning of the word CHOICE ,why billions of people around the world make it every day.if he chose a bodily endowed woman then good for him….enough said.

• M&M

December 27, 2013 at 11:06 pm

• Wow

December 28, 2013 at 1:02 am

SMH. Like wow!!! Very myopic view. I’m just so shocked. Too many men (and women) out there that love their partner curvy (not lepa). AND more importantly, marriage/relationship is not primarily about the physical lest there’ll be a whole lot of single ugly people.

• Bide

December 28, 2013 at 1:31 am

What an Airhead……

• Donald-Landon

December 28, 2013 at 2:12 am

I am seriously dumbfounded and finding it difficult to pick the right phrases to use. Did you think before you wrote this crap up there. Agreed obesity and being overweight are health issues that seriously needs to be curbed in our society, however you don’t have to be this insensitive about it. I hope you know that there are medical thyroid conditions that cause some folks to be overweight before you go around with your baseless assumptions. I am pushed to say that folks like you fall into the category of people that think with their anuses.

• jane

December 28, 2013 at 3:16 am

Stop being lame, weight has nothing to do with it. what of all the size zero ladies with crashed marriages. With no intention to be disrespectful, did kim Kardashian’s marriage pack up after 72 days because she was overweight? and I definitely do not think Cheryl Cole’s marriage packed up because she was overweight! Its a pity you have such a shallow view on marriage

• oyeprof

December 28, 2013 at 4:50 am

I am appalled by this very comment. Infact i give up/ As we tackle one cyber-idiot, another rises. See what this particular one wrote now ehn. Wo sister Dammy i just wish you and your husband peace, joy and comfort.

• Idak

December 28, 2013 at 11:32 am

You are a shame to manhood or better still boyhood, as you are obviously still a boy to hold such infantile opinions.

• Miss Maverick

December 28, 2013 at 2:50 pm

This OHBoy guy is a small minded human being. So you think
      it is the weight of a spouse or the age that determines the success
      of the marriage? Ignorance is a very bad thing sha. May God help
      you gain some enlightenment in 2014. AMEN.

• Miss_Flygerian

December 28, 2013 at 3:27 pm

How does one even begin to respond to your mumu post? Pfft.

• lorenz

December 28, 2013 at 5:10 pm

come to think of it, i would rather drive a TUNDRA than a Corolla. Me, i like it big oh. So what do you say about that? OR am i the exception? believe me, I’m no exception; i see the look on my friends face when they see curvy women; they’re practically lost in thier lust.

27. her

December 27, 2013 at 8:45 pm

7 months!!!! Lobafinish

28. uzaw

December 27, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Hmmmmm ! So fast…….it is well

29. Amakazee

December 27, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Choi!!! Na wa ooooo. This is bad and sad o. It is well o

30. Yours Truly

December 27, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Oh dear, didn’t see that coming – These days, not everyone lives happily ever after
    yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.co.uk

31. kind anon

December 27, 2013 at 8:52 pm

2 weeks after the wedding? ladies do not allow any pressure to marry lead you to blindnesss o. I have decided to take several steps back and assess every situation for what it is because an unhappy marriage is not where it’s at rara. I feel bad for her

32. Stephanie

December 27, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Sad…
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

33. SCOTTISH

December 27, 2013 at 8:57 pm

until tomorrow, I am still trying to understand what separating couples mean by irreconcilable differences. make it work, marriage isn’t a r/ship, its for better for worse, respect God and tolerate weaknesses and shortcomings, work things out, talk things through, pray, try and try cos no one is assuring u that there is a perfect person out there.. set the right examples.. better still court and learn each other before tying that knot… my 10 cents..

34. Memiee

December 27, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Wow! Is with heavy hearth I write this…. I just can’t Believe this!

I just hope is true. *SAD*

35. lolade

December 27, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Is there really hope for us single people? What is the purpose of marriage? People are getting divorced after 72 days, 3 months, 7 months, 1 year. We need to be patient and wait for God’s timing. I am 33 but still single and I am in no rush to marry. Please, let us take marriage serious, abeg

• zsa zsa

December 28, 2013 at 1:18 am

Yes there is hope.
      I will speak from the female perspective. A lot of women especially Nigerian find it difficult to walk away from relationships they shouldn’t be in, but we have silly thoughts like “…but i’ve invested so much, ….i’m not getting any younger, ….no one is perfect,… you can never completely know anyone,….what will people say?” and so on.
      Ladies should learn to focus on the right things, take the time to know and understand each other at least to the point where you can predict each others actions. Be sure you compliment each other rather than doing the other person a “favor” by dating or marrying them.
      I personally know a number of couples who have absolutely no business being together….its always one day one wahala and it’s not “small” wahala o…it’s either one person slapped the other or one person ended up in jail. Its just terrible. So many marriages built on very poor/weak foundations.
      Focus on the right things ladies(and gentlemen).

I’m too tired to continue 🙂

• hot mama

December 28, 2013 at 11:31 am

Let me add “I don’t want to be alone” and “all my friends are married or in a relationship”to your list my dear!!

36. Xtsy

December 27, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Breaking up is more difficult when kids are involved, well done for making the decision b4 hving kids

37. ooh la la

December 27, 2013 at 9:12 pm

This is sad….the way marriages end these days is scary. God help us.

38. T.c

December 27, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Nna nawa o. I’m still getting married tho..

39. sos

December 27, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Ladies keep your legs firmly together, shine your eyes well well! Pray oh!

40. ND

December 27, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Oh boy ur comment is false n misleadin. Nt all guys want slim gals. Som want big chicks. Eg my cousin he is slim n fit bt like very big gals. He wants a gal wth huge thighs. I dnt gt it myself bt dat is his choice. His ex wE call d BUS ,bt his currnt gf is miss luxury.I mean she is obese n tall. So ur theory dnt count!!

41. Pade

December 27, 2013 at 9:37 pm

She sounds so nonchalant if you ask me,wonder what women this day think, I’ve been in it for 7 years not been easy but ,I know I can’t face my family or his family to cut it off, we need to pray for God’s guidance when taking some decisions, God will not give us more than what we can take.

42. Que

December 27, 2013 at 9:41 pm

My first thought:: its becoming clearer that marriage has become a joke in our society. I’ll save d rest. I hope d best for each of them.

43. Ohmine

December 27, 2013 at 9:43 pm

@ ohboy u said “don’t blame me, blame society and its expectations” . So u look up to what society will say or think before u make your decisions. How insecure u are.

44. mama babyjake

December 27, 2013 at 9:55 pm

So what happened to all the wedding gifts given and aso ebi materials shared?? I’m just wondering o! It is as if they knew all along that the union would crash yet they allowed people to be fooled. Still wondering.

45. guess

December 27, 2013 at 10:09 pm

A shocker I must say

46. Memiee

December 27, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Biggest prank of the year. I’m convinced

47. ILoveGenevieve

December 27, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I hate this part right here.

48. pweti

December 27, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Eiya rememberd hw excited she ws abt d marriage hw she even used it to crack joke. Princess d lord is urr streght

49. Ernie

December 27, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I wonder why marriages keep breaking up at the slightest provocation. Irreconcilable differences my foot! We don’t want to fight for our relationship at all this days. Eeyah, dis is really really sad

50. Olori Tari

December 27, 2013 at 11:27 pm

What ?? This has to be a joke. Ohh dear Lord ! I remember ‘awwing’ to her marriage post on this same BN ! This is heart wrenching ! Well, I’m still here hoping Princess will come out next to say this is a prank/joke !

51. Abiola

December 27, 2013 at 11:33 pm

I guess what is meant for you, will never leave you

52. Who Knew

December 28, 2013 at 12:34 am

This is rather sad. I wonder if there were indications that this was a bad idea before they got married. Anyway, I think it is bold of them to get out of an unhappy marriage, despite what people think, than to remain in it just to keep up appearances. I pray they both can heal and move forward with their lives

53. Miss Fola

December 28, 2013 at 12:59 am

Oga Oº°˚˚°ºo,just like T̶̲̥̅̊H̶̲̥̅A̶̲̥̅t̶̲̥̅̊ .

54. FOLA

December 28, 2013 at 1:01 am

Oga Oº°˚˚°ºo

55. Omotè

December 28, 2013 at 1:31 am

I sort of see a little bit of truth in what Ohboy has said so b4 we bury him alive let us take a look @ the society we live in. If a young man brings a woman home n she is twice his size or looks older than him there is bound to be trouble no matter how much he loves her. If he isn’t strong enuff or doesn’t love her as much as he thinks he does then that union is already doomed. Aqa

• Idak

December 28, 2013 at 11:36 am

There is no iota of truth nor sense in that comment. He deserves to be buried alive for that silly comment. So if a woman grows Big in her husband’s house,the man will throw her out and go marry an Agbani look-alike?
      Did the guy not see that she was Big before he toasted and married her? Or she gained the weight on her wedding night?

• Preety

January 2, 2014 at 11:50 am

Easy Idak, lets be honest, Princess is a tad too Chubby and looks older than her hubby and in our society where the lifestyle is communal, this could affect the marriage but not strong enough to break it and please peeps, there’s a difference between curvy and obese or straight up fat.

• hot mama

December 28, 2013 at 11:37 am

If people need to define love the way “society” defines it, I’m afraid a lot of marriages are doomed.

• M&M

December 28, 2013 at 4:22 pm

ohboy are you the same retard posing as omote, what planet do you guys live ?please stay off whatever you smoke that makes you talk through your anuses. as a matter of fact a fair percent of the naija guys that have met like their women on the curvy side,e.g most of my endowed friends got married in their early 20s and are still married, the last is in a serious relationship.am on the slim side and am not married ,the most recent frog told me he likes them on the bodily endowed side than bone and i met him in yankee. i wonder the type of men you date am sure they are weak minded,i wouldn’t want a man who follows the society than his mind ,it means he has self esteem issues.

56. Bide

December 28, 2013 at 1:37 am

#Speechless….

57. FJD

December 28, 2013 at 2:11 am

I CAN’T JUST BELIEVE what is going on in this generation…GOD HELP US…EGO!!! Which Kind differences ….Una no get am before you marry? GOD help una!

58. kemi

December 28, 2013 at 4:20 am

marriage should not be a life ambition. many people make marriage their life ambition and then dump it under the disguise of irreconcilable differences. if you want to get married because you’ve found someone you truly love and loves you in return, then marry and stick to the vows you made ” for better or worse” the most abused oath on the face of the earth.

59. Oyin

December 28, 2013 at 4:45 am

I guess, this is part of her comedy skit. Na joke
    abi.

60. mz mire

December 28, 2013 at 5:10 am

Princess is forward and very unserious but a very good cook ! Why didn’t he take a positive approach ? SAD !!!

61. Karo

December 28, 2013 at 5:27 am

Now this is really sad. What could have happened?

62. Luv .O.

December 28, 2013 at 8:07 am

@ Oyin funny you

63. Sade A

December 28, 2013 at 9:12 am

Who needs marriage. …..

64. new gurl

December 28, 2013 at 11:47 am

Na wa oh… Sђε̲̣̣̣̥ berra go back.. Who go wan marry her.. Smh

65. frances

December 28, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I didn’t know when ‘Jesus’ escaped from my mind when I saw this.
    Short of words..

66. fade

December 28, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Unbelievable, may God console the heartbroken and help us find our own partners and not someone else’s.

67. pipi

December 28, 2013 at 1:03 pm

The marriage actually ended 2weeks after the wedding! The high time we stop looking down on single ladies d better for us. She was aware of d issues b4 d wedding, in d spirit of make we manage am she went ahead with d wedding. A remember a story I heard of a marriage that ended a day after d wedding cause; d money dat was sprayed was kept with d woman’s family. They spent the next two months trying to settle it didn’t work and dat was d end. Please please dnt let pressure make u take a decision u will regret

• Wow

December 28, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Ha! Marriage ended day after wedding ke?! That’s serious o!!!!

68. Bukky

December 28, 2013 at 8:53 pm

FOR EVERY FAILED MARRIAGE THERE ARE 10 MILLION MARRIAGES
    THAT ARE FLORISHING. ONE PLANE CRASH UNFORTUNATELY IS NOT A
    YARDSTICK FOR THOUSNDS/MILLIONS THAT TAKE FF AND LAND DAILY! BETTER
    LUCK NEXT TIME.

69. Me Full Ground

December 28, 2013 at 11:44 pm

@Bukky, 100 Gbosas for you. Marriage can only work if we choose to shed our selfishness and open our hearts to love in the real sense. Unfortunately, our society is training people to be selfish. Training people to seek only fantasies as against realities of marriage which require understanding, tolerance and sacrifice on the part of the man and woman. Again, most people do not know the reason for marriage and are not sufficiently mature in mind to handle marital issues. It boils down to the kind of training that is being given to our generation. I do hope we all learn to be patient and be sure of what is required before we commit to a marriage.

70. nazor

December 29, 2013 at 12:26 am

Okay people! Let’s get bk to d drawing board nd get to see this ish from another angle. Nazor is my name nd in 48hrs, I would turn 28 nd yea I know some peeps are still single at their 30’s bt that’s nt what i desire for at this stage of my life bt look at me; no wedding ring, no serious bobo.. Am sure u wanna knw y? Yea! U guessed right! *jst* coz am size *18* ridiculous abi bt true. Now, u all really tink is easy for a guy to lower his standard coz u are big nd then end up trying every last effort hoping seriously u look into it without been pushy! Hello,am nt saying he does nt like u for u bt fact be told that body size does matter in our 21st century. Don’t think too far; I do love my body bt y cnt I be a size 10…. Believe me people, its a whole lot more than u cn imagine especially if u aren’t d one in d picture. Nd who says Physical apperance does nt matter in a relationship, lemme me show u d way to ethiopia… Anyways, am plus-size which I love bt believe me if I cn come down from a size 22 to size 18 nd still feel this way then we need to look deeper into ourselves nd stop been expectant of plus-size peeps its aint easy at all…….. Its jst my opinion, enjoy ur day!

• CarliforniaBawlar

December 29, 2013 at 5:53 am

But Funke Akindele’s marriage crash now…..and that’s just the first to come to mind!!!

71. Umoru

December 29, 2013 at 11:26 pm

As usual!

72. UMORUH

December 30, 2013 at 2:31 am

Marriages break when people have a mind set that marriage is the end ,the goal rather than the beginning or a process towards a goal. celebrities in particular live a fake life that beclouds them from seeing the reality. That term ‘celebrity’ is actually not a compliment but a…! lets pray for our ‘celebrities’.

73. Grown Woman

December 30, 2013 at 9:37 am

This is truly sad….God help those in marriage n us single girls to select wisely.It is well IJN

74. Dammy

December 30, 2013 at 12:23 pm

God please and please keep Tiwa, 2face and Beyonce home for me IJN In Sha Allah (amen)

75. amarachi

December 30, 2013 at 12:25 pm

na waha oooo I dt no how ppl see dis marriage thing slf

76. HOPE

January 1, 2014 at 9:09 pm

my fellow bella najarians know one thing–THE ARM OF FLESH WILL FAIL.

77. jummai

February 21, 2014 at 11:21 am

I have met princess before and i must say she’s not a kind of lady that would submit to her husband, am not surprised at all.