When it comes to beauty, you never know where or how the next ‘Big Thing’ is going to happen. A few years back, if someone had told you that using your own blood as an ingredient for a Facial would be possible you probably would have scoffed.
Well today, BN Beauty is bringing you some more “scoff-able” beauty tips that, as surprising as they may seem, have been rumored to be test worthy. From applying mascara to your eyebrows before tweezing to bathing with castor & olive oil to ease eczema, here are 10 surprising beauty tips.
1. To get the best result when washing your makeup brushes, use a clarifying shampoo. This will quickly remove any oil or product build-up just like it does for your hair.
2. To get your nail polish to dry quicker, put your fingers in a bowl of cold water. The cool temperature will act as a dryer for your nails helping it get drier, faster.
3. If you use hair gel regularly, probably to hold down your edges etc, you have to be careful so you don’t dry out your hair. Use a small amount of leave-in conditioner first to minimize the damage done to your hair and stop hair from getting dry.
4. Is your lipstick almost finished? Not to worry, there is no need to throw that half-tube away. Simply use a small scoop to scrape out the last bit of lipstick and do one of these two things;
– Put it in a small empty lip balm container. You can create new colours etc by mixing it with your other lipstick colours. However be careful not to mix lipsticks from different brands, because different companies use different ingredients to manufacture their products.
– Place it in a plastic bag eg; a zip lock bag, and mix with shea butter for a tinted lip balm.
5. To help remove dirt and makeup residue from your skin’s pores, splash warm water mixed with the lather from a cleansing soap on your face about 20 times. After this splash cool running water on your face. You will be left with a cool and squeaky clean face.
6. “Darn curling iron, always burning my ear!” Not to worry, use some honey. After the ‘incident’ place a cold compress (applying cold to the injured area e.g: a bag with ice etc) on the affected area, after this, apply the honey. The honey has anti-inflammatory ingredients that can help soothe the pain and reduce the chance of discolouration and swelling.
7. Avoid rubbing your eyes. The more you rub your eyes the darker they get. Rubbing them inflames the skin and causes more pigmentation to be deposited into that area of the skin.
8. Avoid sun burned lips by applying sunscreen to your lips first before any lipstick or oil. The lip gloss is like an oil and reacts with the sunlight, burning your lip and making it darker.
9. If you’re down to your last drop of foundation, you can still squeeze that sucker out. Cut the foundation bottle, use a butter knife to scrape the left-over foundation and place it in foil paper. You can then use a foundation brush or sponge to apply.
10. For the natural sisters, to avoid having frizz in your twist outs etc, untwist the curl in the direction of the curl not against it.
Now, that is just 10. Let us in on any surprising beauty tip that you have gotten wind of and which one’s of the above listed are you willing to try out. Have a beautiful day!
Photo Credit: www.essennce.com