Music

BN Video Premiere: D’banj – Bother You (Official Soundtrack of Half of a Yellow Sun)

BellaNaija.com

D'banj - February 2014 - Bother You - Half of a Yellow Sun - BellaNaija

D’banj has finally premiered the video of “Bother You” – the official soundtrack for the adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie‘s “Half of a Yellow Sun“.

If like most of us, you’ve been anticipating the release ever since he teased us with some scoop (click here to read), you won’t be disappointed. It features Bangalee on the shore of a beach as well as clips from the movie.

Although the movie is about Nigeria and Nigerians, the video was directed by Godfather Productions in South Africa.  D’banj worked with Onyeka Onwenu who also stars in the movie on the song.

Check it out!

1. rop

February 12, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Please “bother me” all you want Dbanj!!!…XOXO

2. Gbenga

February 12, 2014 at 7:43 pm

D banj,music over.Go and open shop at Alaba and start importing Koko Tv before it’s too late or put ur Ego aside and go back to don.i beg u.

3. Cynthia

February 12, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Great song! I’m dancing in my seat at work. This link doesn’t play though. Had to find another copy on Youtube.

4. sηººÞ¬mιηι

February 12, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Nice music video thumb up
    sηººÞ¬mιηι

5. JWEZEE

February 12, 2014 at 8:35 pm

lool so why did he now link it to the movie “half of the yellow sun” to tha song #fail… buh FALL IN LOVE remains one of my fav

6. Deee

February 12, 2014 at 8:45 pm

It’s not bad

• wetinconcernyou

February 13, 2014 at 5:33 am

It’s not good either….

7. Turi

February 12, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I doubt if this if this is the main sound track for the movie. The only thing it has in common with the movie is the clips we see.

• Iris

February 12, 2014 at 10:03 pm

I doubt it too. It’s really upbeat so it’s probably for some beginning scene. I’ve definitely heard worse D’banj songs so this one wasn’t so bad. But they were stingy with the clips though. Ah ah! Everything here was from the trailer. I haven’t even seen commercials on TV for it even though it’s supposed to be showing next month. I’m starting to think it will be one of those limited release things.

8. Mama Mia!!!

February 12, 2014 at 9:44 pm

It is bad, no need sweet coating it… What genre of music is this? D’banj, you need a good producer and some fantastic beats you are an entertainer and not a singer right? ”’your words not mine” lay of the singing please your beats was what you had going for you and your personality I guess.

9. Miss Bonnie

February 12, 2014 at 11:45 pm

SCREAMS !!!Half of a Yellow Sun * sigh* I’ve waited and waited for you. I think i’ve even watched the movie in my head.. well considering how many times i’ve read the book. D’banj i’m sorry but the only reason I watched was to see clips from the movie

10. Ayodeji. R.

February 13, 2014 at 12:46 am

I could not even listen to this tripe to the end. How can they possibly thin it wise to mesh this hopefully cinematic piece of art, at least going by the trailer with D’banj?!!! The first time I got wind of this I was worried and now I see my fears were not unfounded. Has whoever chose this read this story, watched this movie, this soundtrack does not work in the slightest. Its like if Skyfall hired Nicki Minaj for instance to do a soundtrack on the movie instead of Adele. If this is a ploy to promote the movie which is still dodgy, surely a Waje or even an Omawumi would have done sonic justice, a soulful number perhaps that rhymes with the movie’s theme of war, love, betrayal. But no, they hired D’banj to ask a girl to bother him. Sorely disappointed.

• e-bukun

February 13, 2014 at 6:57 pm

God bless your intellect

11. Sunny

February 13, 2014 at 3:51 am

Fools are so quick of writing sh*t abt D’banj. Worry abt ur pockets n let the nigga breath

12. Manuelz

February 13, 2014 at 6:05 am

Very Nice Song!!!

13. Duvy

February 13, 2014 at 6:56 am

Awwww Not bad at all … Nice one @Dbanj *now running back to finish the book*

14. Chu-Chu

February 13, 2014 at 8:22 am

I like the song sha…and oh My Dbanj is hot sha.

15. @mr_bamie

February 13, 2014 at 10:23 am

dope song and video…..thumbs up dbanj

16. NNENNE

February 13, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Unable to watch it.
    BTW.. Dbanj seem to have his head on his shoulders. I love his personality.

17. Ibukun

February 13, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Oooh Deji Rotinwa stop being a snob! it’s not even that bad. From the book, they can slot in this song at the part where Olanna was describing how she met Odenigbo, or the part where she left after he got the filthy village girl pregnant and he came to beg…and i’m sure there are other parts this will fit into. not every part of the movie\book is Adele\Waje serious. infact this will fit in right at the part where Ugwu sees that girl he was tripping for! hmmm…not bad at all!

18. John

February 13, 2014 at 8:41 pm

me love it

19. bafe

February 16, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Mama mia , who will heal u of ur chronic dbanjphobia ? It is preventing u from seeing
    d light ! Dbanj will continue to shine regardless.

20. spring

February 18, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Nice song eja nla. i gbadun d song jor

21. yinka

March 3, 2014 at 4:37 pm

D’banj don dey fine sha

22. Teni

March 3, 2014 at 10:48 pm

@bafe,no one will heal her!!!She is clearly blinded by the hate she has for D’banj hence the reason she has never seen any good in him and def will never see any good in him…..Mama Mia dear,it makes a whole lot of sense loving as opposed to hating!Try and channel a bit of energy into appreciating one’s little effort atleast even if ur not particularly pleased with the outcome.

23. segun

March 6, 2014 at 1:42 pm

@haters,I don’t need to bother u buh can i borrow some of ur time?nt every one wt eye see,even wt ear hear.ds song is okay n danceable. Let stop hating for no cause jooor.go on bangalee.respect.

24. Fashion Icon

March 11, 2014 at 4:21 pm

I can say d’banj is gradually coming back with this song…loved it!loved his rhythmic movements…really loved it…thumbs up d’banj!

25. ijebugirl

March 28, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Asa would have been more ideal for this movie soundtrack. This doesn’t make sense. What is Half of A yellow sun all about then?