News

“Is it Not My Money?” – Chika Ike Slams Critics on Splurging in Dubai, says she Won’t Reconcile with Ex-Hubby

BellaNaija.com

Chika Ike - February 2014 - BellaNaija 01

Chika Ike wants you to know she worked hard for her money, so she has every right to spend it the way she likes.

The Nollywood actress is hitting back at critics, who went in on her for posting photos from her trip to Dubai on Instagram.

Chika rang in the new year by taking a trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for a short vacay. She shared photos of her and her publicist Serah Donald splurging at designer stores including Michael Kors, Fendi and Chanel. In case you missed it, click here

The actress had an exclusive interview with Sun News Online on her trip, male admirers and if she will reconcile with her ex husband Tony Eberiri who she wed in 2006 and finalized the divorce in 2013.

For the full interview, click here. Read excerpts below;
On what motivated her trip to Dubai: “Usually, every year, I take a vacation, because I feel haven worked so hard all through , I deserve a break. As they say, all work and no play makes “Chika a dull girl”. I just had to take a time out and whenever I do, I make sure I rest very well. I don’t know why it has been all over the whole nation, but I had fun.”

Chika Ike in Dubai - January 2014 - BellaNaija - 027

On if she finds it extravagant: “Whose money? Is it not the money I worked hard for? Did anybody give me? I have worked hard and I deserved every bit of the luxury I enjoyed over there and I can proudly say that. I will do it over and over again because I deserve it.”

On what its costs for her to dress well: “I can’t really say what it costs me to dress daily. I just like good clothes. Quality handbags, good shoes, and acces- sories. I like looking good generally. I like everything, jewelry and handbags.”

On handling male admirers: “Everybody wants to date me, marry me, be my best friend, etc but I just have to draw a line and respect myself. What kind of man would you like to settle down with? The key is happiness. I don’t want to say a God fearing, kind, lovely, tall man etc. Those are clichés. I just need someone who will understand me and make me happy.”

Chika Ike's Wedding Day

On lessons from her previous marriage:I have learnt to be patient and that there’s a limit to everything. I have also learnt that I deserve the best and no one should make me feel better than who I am. I’ve also learnt to forgive and let go.”

On if she will reconcile with her ex: “No, I won’t. He’s in the past and I don’t want to go back to him. I have forgiven him and let go. I don’t want to talk about my past.”

1. B-WEST

February 3, 2014 at 9:58 am

My darling as you darn well please, no perfection in marriage ; momma must have told u it ain’t no bed of roses! But i want to believe your marital demise ain’t no result of your frolicking with the purported corridors of power. if true, shame on u sis, shame on u! there are somethings money can NEVER buy- hope u know they’ll never leave their wives for you but you did for them. The citadel of marital bliss when you marry right can’t be equated with any material possession. In all i want to believe it is a fabrication of some detractor’s wild imagination. Wish you Godspeed with your endeavours

2. sarlie

February 3, 2014 at 10:09 am

the ex hubby luking like he wan slap her sef fr dt pic, her mbweke just de laff….ol da best chika

3. mimi

February 3, 2014 at 10:40 am

The lady is entitled to spend her money the way she wants,people should stop beefing,as for her marriage -shez a grown woman…..she listened to heart n made the best decision for herself..not saying divorce is the best buh plsssssss let her do her,kapish!

4. Pinkfunkie

February 3, 2014 at 10:43 am

Why is this news?
    No one cares about this talentless narcissist, utterly vain, vacuous and self-obsessed. I’m embarrassed for her. *cringe*

• Marc Francis of Chelsea

February 3, 2014 at 11:30 am

Why are you so bitter? She’s all these things because she likes to shop? Darling, have a cold seat.

• Bide

February 3, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Kilode???…*Hands you chilled soda* Its not that serious sis

• Nicole

February 3, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Be embarrassed for your sorry self

• Yeah Me

April 24, 2014 at 6:33 am

Correct!! I even thought I was the only one who noticed her vain narcissism. She thinks she is the best/ deserves the best. She has that money because God chose to give it to her because many people work harder than she does but haven’t yet reached that breakthrough point. But this idiot thinks she deserves the best. She was wither listening to her unmarried friends and made this undoubtedly bad decision. Or from the way she responded to this interview, she can’t be with any man, telling him “it’s her money”, “she deserves the best”, and ranting. Her problem is that she seems to talk toooo much and think so much of herself. Chika pride is the beginning of failure. Remember you are now second hand.

5. viola

February 3, 2014 at 10:43 am

Chika Ike…. honey, You worked for your money and my dear you deserve to spend it however the hell you want.. you’ve earned it. it’s not easy being a w0man in this patriarchal world.. we ask men for money, they tell us to get our own and be independent women. we work hard and make our money and they dare tell us bull… what can a girl do to please the world? nothing!!! babe carry go joor.. you deserve it, let haters keep hating. nne jisi ike.

6. pynk

February 3, 2014 at 10:52 am

Poverty was really bad to some people. This I deduce from their reactions and responses. Chika better than announce your believed truth to the world, learn how to stay silent. For many rumours in circulation there is an element of truth.

7. Omo1

February 3, 2014 at 10:58 am

Eyaa..just seeing the pic of her ex hubby..now I understand why she wont’t go back to him.lol!

• D'Mamma

February 3, 2014 at 11:43 am

Omo1 u are just mean

• Bide

February 3, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Lmao

• Sunshine

February 3, 2014 at 5:53 pm

I agree. It’s as simple as that

• Yeah Me

April 24, 2014 at 6:37 am

But she agreed to marry him like that abi? But now after re-branding her, she now wants a young bobo. That’s probably why she left. See her mouth deserving the best. You don’t deserve anything more than any other person. She’s just too full of herself.

8. corolla

February 3, 2014 at 1:06 pm

When you decide to flaunt your wealth,people will def talk!

9. Tobenna

February 3, 2014 at 1:08 pm

This shouldnt be news at all…Chika is trying all her best to be in the news…If you spend money, why do you have to show the World??? Money you earned sleeping with Politicians…*Immatured Girl*

10. marufat

February 3, 2014 at 1:40 pm

she is free 2 spend her moni d way she wants, but u dont need to show d world wat u shopped or wia u ve bin, successful peeps keep low profile…. stop trying to 2 b seen let peeps see u

11. John

February 3, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Lots of girls in Naija fly around the world to splurge and buy very expensive stuff..lots of them ain’t in show biz and some are…the matured ones keep it to themselves and you see it on them, the children and wannabes tell the world. Genevieve got a Lego bag and it was spotted on her, she didn’t make noise. Chika Ike take it easy okay…it’s not really that bad and truly it’s your money but you see the world has too many issues and least a sane person would consider is paying attention on your ARAB trips, shoes and bags.

• Temi

February 3, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Thank you. Garri no get advert be hin sell pass indomie.

• Yeah Me

April 24, 2014 at 6:39 am

Thank you. Genevieve makes no noise at all. Her actions speak for her. Her fans will be the ones telling her she deserves the best. But this chika seems to be too mouthy

12. idn1 day

February 3, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Shopping in one high street shop and posing there for pictures is primitive #africanmentality

13. Meah

February 3, 2014 at 2:07 pm

She learnt from her previous marriage that “no one should make her feel better than who she is”?? Errr, OK!

February 3, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Lol!Me sef, I was wondering what that meant!

• Sunshine

February 3, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I read it twice and thought. It’s me again not been Y2K compliant….lol

• sim

November 12, 2014 at 6:49 am

YESSSS Meah,,, that made no sense when she said that. I wanted to see if any one else picked up on her saying that, She’s not too smart is she?

14. amarachi

February 3, 2014 at 2:41 pm

bella wat we do about it

15. nene

February 3, 2014 at 3:12 pm

abeg leave this yeye girl alone. she’s childish and petty. wealth shows the true colours of people. chika and her family had been in poverty, hence she was married off to her husband, but as a bigz girl, she wants to show him that she now has money, she has arrived, so she’s posting pics so all those who have eyes and ears can see and hear how well she’s doing. you can’t blame the babe, she hasn’t seen this type of money before. mschew.

16. Modella

February 3, 2014 at 4:16 pm

See transformation…she need it!

17. Pade

February 3, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Everybody wants to date you yet you ended up with your uncle. My gal what work do you do exactly that you do soo hard to earn you all these luxuries cos I know bigger players in the industry you don’t flaunt what they have . Osi ati Iranu omo gotta jatijati, I beg Uche relevant people Joor don’t bore us with this insignificant village gal.

18. gorgeous

February 3, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha……If she got all this money from acting then everybody can be rich. Cos i know chika is not a good actress. ..

19. Nerybanty

February 4, 2014 at 1:17 am

What’s bad in spending ones hard earned cash d way 1 wants. Guess she was blindfolded when she got married to dat her uncle.

20. NNENNE

February 5, 2014 at 12:13 am

Every successful Nigerian woman, sleeps around. Even fellow women believe it.
    So sad.

21. Laur

February 5, 2014 at 12:45 am

lol

22. apple

February 5, 2014 at 12:01 pm

u work hard ? what type of work .,…acting,gimme a break..hw many roles did nail last year,u r nt even good is obvious u were seeking attention wt those pics….do u know abt lupita nyongo?thats pure class wt one role she is all d place not shopping in dubai where one mugu is following you around…if u dont take time i will show the d mumu pic….i saw u both.

23. Deedee

March 31, 2014 at 9:43 am

Y’all should give this girl a break, after all she’s not spending any body’s money but hers and even if she sleeps around, she’s an adult and dint use anyone’s body for it, so y’all should just chill….live and let live

24. Yeah Me

April 24, 2014 at 6:43 am

And what does she mean everybody wants to date her, I don’t! Talk about narcissism, this girl is vain. . . and immature

25. Nnewi @NoMthUu

April 2, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Chika your money is your money spend it the way you like,because you work hard for it duh

26. Nnewi @NoMthUu

April 2, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Ur money is ur money spend it de way u lyk