News

Must Watch Video! Nigerians at Home Send Messages To Nigerians Abroad on Battabox

BellaNaija.com

These Battabox on the street videos are always funny! In this video, Nigerians at home are sending messages to Nigerians abroad. One of the respondents said the US and Canada has reached menopause while Nigeria is a virgin country! Hilarious responses.

Check on it!

1. Miss_Flygerian

February 5, 2014 at 1:53 pm

The guy that said “look at the money everywhere”. Na so my brother, then why are there so many cases of Nigerians forging passports and even going as far as sneaking into wheel wells so that they can enter obodo oyibo? I’m sure if that guy gets a visa to some western country, he’ll grab it with speed.

The interviewer just spoke my mind at the end. Where does one even start to invest when there is a lack of basic amenities? Not only will you deal with the costs of investing, you have to think of supplying your own power and water because those things are not guaranteed. To do that, you need generator and fuel which are a different set of costs, costs you shouldn’t be dealing with in the first place. Transportation costs now are very high due to the bad roads. The bottom line is, investing in the country is not as easy as half of them in the video are making it seem.

2. omoibo

February 5, 2014 at 1:53 pm

This chic needs to work on her English, “message to Nigerians living in abroad” that being said I do enjoy watching her show 😀

• A

February 5, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Lmao! she makes me cringe, but enjoyable to watch all the same:))

• Usaveone.blogspot.com

February 5, 2014 at 2:49 pm

…sure you got her “The Chic’s” message? Nigerians and English..smh!

• Marc Francis of Chelsea

February 5, 2014 at 9:43 pm

“We’ve ead it all!” Darling, no!

• lalaroses

February 5, 2014 at 10:39 pm

that’s the only idea of battabox, to the locals for the locals by the locals

• Elizabeth

February 6, 2014 at 3:08 am

But it was started by Christian Purefoy, a British man who used to be a presenter for CNN. I personally hate the poor English being used in their videos. Nigerians used to have a VERY good grasp of English and could even speak better than some English people. When I hear Madam Patience and others talk it makes me cringe.

3. Author Unknown

February 5, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Thanks for your advice Nigerians, but no thanks. When you stop labouring to get visas to go overseas, I will take your advice. Money isn’t everything.

4. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

February 5, 2014 at 3:34 pm

“Nigerians living in abroad”. Is “abroad” a country?
    Hear the dude in the yellow “polo” with enforced swag: “Nigeria is just 50 years old”. Except if this click was shot sometime in 2010, bros.

That bridge is becoming a regular spot for battabox. I liked the dark young man. He was sounding articulate until it occurred to him he was standing in front of a camera.

5. Dee-USA

February 5, 2014 at 3:39 pm

“…so also, you also should also share your tots.” All I can say is there’s a reason she’s the host.

6. CarliforniaBawlar

February 5, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Awwww @ when she genuinely asked the last guy what Nigerians in diaspora should come back to do. Na the koko of the matter be that. THe first two guys made sense…all you can tell peeps ‘in the abroad’ to do is represent your country well, finito.
    And for the virgin /menopause analogy…..Nigeria is probably going to go into menopause a virgin. At least Sisters do it (no disrespect to Sister or the catholic faith in general)….but you get what I mean. The age thing is the most stupid excuse ever…go and check even younger African countries out e.g Angola and Rwanda, both are younger, both were ravaged by war (Angola for almost 3 decades) yet they are doing waay better than Nigeria!!

• OgeAdiro

February 5, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Better, is a subjective word. Nigeria has a GDP of about 262 billion USD. Rwanda and Angola have a combined GDP of about 120 billion USD. That’s less than half of Nigeria’s GDP. Angola has had democracy for about 34 years and Nigeria’s democracy is 15 years old. Our GDP in 1999 when the civilians took over was 34 billion USD. So in 15 years, Nigeria has more than quadrupled her GDP. There’s a reason why Forbes calls Nigeria “the biggest and the most dynamic frontier economy in Africa.”
      Nigeria definitely has issues but to come out and say that Angola and Rwanda are better than Nigeria, that one needs some explaining.

• CarliforniaBawlar

February 5, 2014 at 7:34 pm

1 sec…..you know a way to look at who’s doing better instead of GDP’s and Forbes projections?? The welfare of citizens and infrastructures in place. My dear…our roads are worse than theirs….our power supply is worse than theirs…..our police force is worse than theirs….our education system might as well be worse than theirs…i bet if we look well there may be Nigerian students in Rwandan unis these days sef, I could go on….But wait!! All is fine and dandy cos our GDP is bigger than theirs right? Abeg forget that thing…shey na GDP go give unemployed graduate work or put food on the poor man’s table?? All the’ products’ ‘grossly’ ‘produced’ are literally going into the pockets of a selected few so even if it increases by a million percent Nigerians and Nigeria wouldn’t be any better for it.

• Ndubuisi

February 5, 2014 at 10:56 pm

After Nigeria GDP rebasing result that is coming out this month Nigeria GDP will be around $405 billion. their is money in Nigeria the problem is the economic gap between the poor and the rich is too much until per capital GDP of Nigeria improve Nigeria will always face it’s problem.

• ogeAdiro

February 5, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Bear in mind that Angola is a country of 20 million people while Naija is close to 150 million people. You can’t expect the same results when you give a woman with 2 kids,12 naira, and another woman with 15 children, 26 naira. The Math doesn’t add up, corruption or no corruption.
      Nigerian leaders dey fall person hand but at the same time we need dey objective in our criticism. I still love you.

7. Product of public Education

February 5, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Mz Socially A you don hear Nigeria needs you. Money everywhere and good weather too.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

February 6, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Bros, I dey wait make you first do missionary journey go come, whereafter shall I begin my own expedition… 😀

8. Lemmy

February 5, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Lmao this guys are funny…so we should come to Ikorodu road and the market with our degrees.

9. uy

February 5, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Wo bo she so nigerians living in abroad with such confidence I hail o

10. Porsh

February 5, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Nigerians in Nigeria are not helping situation and does not want to move forward. Imagine me paying my head off today just to clear feets of containers of production machine. I was asked to pay twice the money i purchased the machine because the custom feels the duty we paid on our goods is too small after they searched and realised it was huge machines that was in the two 40 Ft containers. We eventually talk them to paying hundreds of thousand naira so as to get our machine out of the terminal quickly before it enters demurrage. This is not encouraging at all. when young minds are been discourage from investing in their own country because of the corruption level while their base abroad everything takes due processs without corruption fee.why will they want to come home and invest or how will the country move forward. it is really sad.

11. OgeAdiro

February 5, 2014 at 7:12 pm

“Angola has had democracy for about 34 years and Nigeria’s democracy is 15 years old.” I apologize, that’s incorrect. Angola has had democracy for about 12 years and Nigeria’s democracy is 15 years old.

12. Truth Hurts

February 5, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Talk is Cheap!

13. eefresh

February 5, 2014 at 10:35 pm

living in abroad Gbagaun!!! too much confidence

14. lalaroses

February 5, 2014 at 10:39 pm

you better watch your bag before it disappears lol

15. AVID BLOG READER

February 5, 2014 at 10:40 pm

No place like home that’s why I will remain in my new home Canada

February 6, 2014 at 12:07 am

LMAOO!I tell ya.For me, home is where I am comfortable.I can’t shout o!!

16. NNENNE

February 6, 2014 at 12:08 am

There’s indeed no place like home.

17. CC

February 6, 2014 at 12:18 am

You people place so much emphasis on the language of SLAVERY AND OPPRESSION called English!!, e jo is it your own?!!!! still tied to the shackles of colonial masters I see.I am sure majority of the people commenting don’t even understand not to talk of speak their ancestral language.. sad world we live in.

18. GreenDiamond

February 6, 2014 at 1:49 am

Lmaaaooo hilarious video grammar killed me and that lady in pink! I dont know what u are all on about why so serious bella u need more down to earth viewers dehm!

19. LION

February 6, 2014 at 2:52 am

Her English may be horrible, but I love her confidence and smile , she lights up the camera and makes you want to go on watching. Keep improving your self my dear and take lessons. You will be better.

20. randommer

February 6, 2014 at 3:00 am

um is christian purefoy single and looking for a naija babe? abeg who knows?

21. www.adenikeadebayo.com