News

Beautiful Women! Osas Ighodaro, Taiwo Ajayi Lycett & Modupe Ozolua cover Genevieve Magazine’s March 2014 Issue

Genevieve Magazine's March 2014 Issue - March 2014 - BellaNaija 01

Genevieve Magazine celebrates beauty through the ages for its March 2014 Issue.

Tinsel actress Osas Ighodaro, veteran Nollywood actress Taiwo Ajayi Lycett and cosmetic surgery consultant Modupe Ozolua look beautiful on the cover of the magazine.

The new issue which is clearly about celebrating women, sees the cover stars in Iconic Invanity hug one another as they pose for the cameras.

The issue also features Inspiration FM OAP Titi Oyinsan, mother to a set of twin girls while the fashion pages spotlight different trends cutting across generations.

Genevieve Magazine's March 2014 Issue - March 2014 - BellaNaija 02

Cover Credit
Photography: TY Bello
Styling: Dimeji Alara
Make-up: Bimpe Onakoya using Maybelline
Designer for the three cover girls: Iconic Invanity
Hair: Ola

Fashion Shoot Credit
Photography: Yetunde Babaeko
Styling: Dimeji Alara
Make-up: Dorcas @Elite Make-up
Model: Binta Sani @Isis Models (Wearing Rebahia in this image)

1. AVID BLOG READER

March 13, 2014 at 7:03 pm

I would have loved to see what Ms Lycett’s face really looks like. She is aging gracefully and to air brush her this much in a “beauty through the ages” issue is quite an irony.

• Blessed

March 13, 2014 at 7:39 pm

God bless you for this comment!

• JACKIE

March 17, 2014 at 8:31 pm

AMEN…
      Modupe has been AIRBRUSHED TO OBLIVION – the person in the photo above IS NOT HER*** google her and see she does not qualify to be put on anything promoting GRACEFUL AGING. Plastic surgery has left its trademark sneer on her face…oh how poorly she has aged for a woman in her 40’s…

2. http://snoopmini.blogspot.com

March 13, 2014 at 7:05 pm

my sis 2 cute at osas
    sηººÞ¬mιηι

3. Nne 'Onnari' Osemene

March 13, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Interesting already – haven’t read about Modupe ozolua in ages.
    thatssewnaija.blogspot.com

4. @edDREAMZ

March 13, 2014 at 8:12 pm

This ozolua is such a beauty…. Mehn, the man wey marry her dey very lucky…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

5. Dee-USA

March 13, 2014 at 8:29 pm

What’s my take? My take is I don’t understand how putting a woman (Modupe Ozolua) who encourages women to undergo plastic surgery and alter their natural looks is an appropriate way of celebrating women.

• AVID BLOG READER

March 13, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Gbam!

• CarliforniaBawlar

March 14, 2014 at 8:08 am

She encourages women to change what they can about their bodies if they can afford it! She doesn’t force anyone. Most importantly she hasn’t forced herself on us as a celebrity, she just does her job, and sometimes promotes it by granting interviews.
      Plastic surgery or not, I respect any woman’s choice on how she chooses to age, and as with everything else in this life, moderation is key.
      Take Michele Obama who recently stated that she wasn’t ruling out plastic surgery; She is obviously a woman who prides herself in her looks, amongst other things. I say , come one day when exercise and a healthy diet won’t be enough to keep her looking fab? (and trust me, that day will come!!) A little nip and tuck here and there won’t hurt anyone!!
      My dear lets wait till we get older before judging anyone about trying to fix their body, don’t be too sure about your stance.

• Geebabe

March 14, 2014 at 8:27 am

Well said.

6. wanday

March 13, 2014 at 10:36 pm

@ avid blog reader, yea the airbrushing was too much. You can’t even see any lines. I think over airbrushing makes a picture lose character. I want to see laugh lines and wrinkles. Airhrushing is in vogue. But it is a beautiful picture all the same. The makeup is fab. @ dee usa, I think plastic surgery is a choice. I’m sure modupe ozolua only encourages women that want to do it for themselves as in to boost their confidence. I’m sure she doesn’t force them to alter their appearances. Moreover, she does reconstructive surgery in addition to cosmetic for fks that have been involved in accidents. The fact that she is a plastic surgeon does not mean she is beautiful. Yea she has had a boob job but that doesn’t mean anything. We wear padded bras, false eyelashes, fix acrylic, even fix human hair, some folks even have false teeth. I guess we are all trying to look more appealing. It’s just that some take more extreme measures. Besides beauty is more than skin deep. 🙂

• Dee-USA

March 14, 2014 at 4:55 am

So you actually think a boob job is the only cosmetic alteration she’s done? Encouraging and forcing are two different things, so no need to explain to me that she doesn’t force anyone. Having said that, she IS NOT a plastic surgeon. She merely provides the services by hiring someone to do it. While you can applaud her ability to provide reconstructive surgery, I don’t think that’s what the cover is suggesting. The mag is celebrating these women as the epitome of beauty at those ages (lots of mags do these as well.) So it doesn’t matter what the story is about on the inside because many of us will never get to read it. What we are seeing though, and what is more influential is that she is being lauded as the epitome of beauty in the 40s. It’s the same controversy surrounding the model industry and the impact airbrushing models into stick thin figures with no visible pores has created this reinforcing image of what the ideal woman should look like.

7. wanday

March 13, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Sorry some typos. I meant the fact that she is a plastic surgery doesn’t mean she is not beautiful

8. wanday

March 13, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Lolz plastic surgeon. This my touch screen keypad is messing up my english o

9. wanday

March 13, 2014 at 10:41 pm

If u read the caption on d cover page, they are celebrating their accomplishments not only their physical beauty

10. LION's descendant!

March 13, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Nice pic, but the airbrushing is ridiculously much, I know all three women and almost didn’t recognize them at once, especially Modupe Ozolua.

11. Titi

March 14, 2014 at 12:29 am

I just love their makeup,really nice! They all look good!

12. me

March 14, 2014 at 12:45 am

M I seeing the same picture advertised? Cos I can see osa shadow,modupe’s cousin and taiwo ajayi ‘s dota’s pix probably, this just too much, betty irabor kilode? Lately u are jst doing anyhow o, its not mia for a long time and having series of editors write us nt os good stuff, now is to white wash d people on ur cover? How can dat be modupe na? Even taiwo ajayi , its jst osas whose nice cheek bones could nt b white washed away, dts why we can rec her.abeg

13. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

March 14, 2014 at 1:33 am

NEXT?

14. Geebabe

March 14, 2014 at 8:29 am

Is that Modupe?

15. wanday

March 14, 2014 at 5:59 pm

@ californian bawler, thanks for d comment. You echo my thoughts exactly

16. Clara

March 19, 2014 at 3:20 am

Beautiful Cover …. Wow! One of the best covers I’ve seen in a long long long time

17. reena