News

The Diezani Allison-Madueke Saga: Another Private Jet Uncovered!

BellaNaija.com

Mrs Diezani Alison Madueke - Bella Naija

Federal lawmakers are alleging that Nigeria’s Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, has squandered well over N10 billion to charter and maintain private jets for her personal use.

Initially, accusations were levelled against Alison-Madueke last Thursday, based on suspicions surrounding the source of funding for one private jet, a Challenger 850. If you missed this story, click here. However, lawmakers reportedly uncovered another aircraft on Tuesday, a Global Express XRS plane.

This second aircraft is reportedly chartered solely for her private and official trips overseas. This jet was reportedly discovered during the course of investigations surrounding the N10 billion expenditure on the Challenger 850.

According to reports, a return trip on the Global Express XRS costs tax payers 600,000 Euros (over N136 million). In 2011, the minister  flew in this jet  on two occasions (costing 1,200,000 Euros/over N270 million).

The Nigerian National Corporation (NNPC), which Alison-Madueke supervises, has  denied the allegations, declaring that the corporation is legally authorized to own or charter an aircraft for its officials. The NNPC also stated that because oil and gas sector operations are often time sensitive and require expedited attention, it is a standard practice for large oil and gas corporations to utilize the “most efficient” means of transportation.

Owners of the Challenger 850 reportedly fled the country shorty after federal lawmakers embarked on investigations into the transaction between them and Diezani Alison-Madueke.

The minister is also currently at the center of controversy concerning allegations over missing oil proceeds worth $20 billion, raised by Lamido Sanusi, suspended governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Saharareporters.com reported this story first.

Photo Credit: www.informationng.com

1. Bleed Blue

March 26, 2014 at 11:27 am

“The NNPC also stated that because oil and gas sector operations are often times sensitive and require expedited attention, it is a standard practice for large oil and gas corporations to utilize the “most efficient” means of transportation.”

How about:
    The NNPC also stated that because oil and gas sector operations IN NIGERIA are often times GROSSLY UNDERDEVELOPED, it is a standard practice for large NATIONAL oil and gas corporations to utilize the “most COST efficient” means of transportation IN ORDER TO SAVE COST AND AS SUCH PROVIDE BETTER SERVICES.

Sigh…no faith in the system…this will most likely go the way of Tafa Balogun, Dimeji Bankole, Bode Goerge etc… 🙁

2. Confuzzled

March 26, 2014 at 11:41 am

Ermmm Tafa Balogun went to jail…

• Bleed Blue

March 26, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Really? Jail abi? He was found guilty of looting N13billion (some reports say N16b, some say N20b), was sentenced to “jail” for 6 months with a chunk of those 6 months spent at the Abuja National Hospital…in pure luxury too.

Meanwhile, between the Police and EFCC, neither can explain where the “recovered” money dissappeared to.

If this is your idea of “Tafa Balogun went to jail”…then Themis may as well free herself and tilt her scale of justice.

3. Cannot deal

March 26, 2014 at 11:49 am

Diezani oo. And that her stupid son will be popping bottles in Sip. Kmft

• J. Madueke

March 26, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Calm down Sir, what will I do? Will I tell my mum not to spend on me?

*In Wizkid’s voice…..Broke people always feel they have an opinion*

• Marc Francis of Chelsea

March 26, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Stop it. I refuse to believe this is her son!

• anonymous1000

March 26, 2014 at 12:34 pm

Why are you so bitter?

• Mary Claret

March 26, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Why are You not bitter about it?? Every Nigerian should be very bitter…When will enough be enough already? Goodness…some comments I read on here are just plain unbelievable!

4. Tee

March 26, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I’ve been waiting since 2011 for this but there’s more with your brother’s oil deals and the EX-Londoners you use for money laundering.Remember nothing is hidden under the sun even if you are also responsible for keeping the assets of the most powerful in Naija.some of the guys arrainged by EFCC couple of years back will def rte-surface for all this to come to an end.God is not sleeping,Nigerians should get ready for the revolution.Some will loose their lives in keeping their assets and others for the course they believe in.TiME UP

• jcsgrl

March 26, 2014 at 1:32 pm

Oh oh oh my bros/sis…I’m surprised this story is just coming to light. I have a feeling this is the handiwork of the Dame herself trying to curb DAM’s influence on her man. I know that jet was used for personal reasons because they used it to go on vacays and attend a function which I hosted.
      And yes Marc Francis it sounds like smth MJ can say. The story is still brewing…

5. Tee

March 26, 2014 at 12:19 pm

BN there’s no need for the moderation,I bet the little I said will be published very soon on this same website.Its not hidden anymore,Sahara teporters will surely give you the lowdown

6. iyke

March 26, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I know so many of you feel strongly on this matter as I can see from the pains in your comments and the depth of your concern.
    I wanted to make one last statement: Folks,these people have no love and goodness in their hearts for us.Nobody is fighting for us and the future of our kids because we chose to be silent. This country is a terrifying spawn of Hell. Is this how we want to live?

7. nene

March 26, 2014 at 12:38 pm

here i was thinking women in government could make a difference, then comes diezani. for someone who was born and married into wealth, i don’t understand why she must steal so much money. i expect more from her than past oil ministers (e.g rilwan lukman who was in that post for years and stole billions, but did nothing).

• jcsgrl

March 26, 2014 at 1:34 pm

On the contrary it is actually the ones that are born into wealth or have money that steal the most. Peep back to your old sec sch days if you schooled in naija, which ones stole their parents money, cars, jewelries, etc?

• Dr. N

March 26, 2014 at 9:59 pm

True, come to think of it.

8. Al Blossom

March 26, 2014 at 12:40 pm

DIEZANI!! THIEEEFF!! OLEEEE!!! WUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

9. annonymous

March 26, 2014 at 1:42 pm

all these things in this our country!!!!! people who have lived in peace for years are fighting and killing themselves…. and then there is this story. God help Nigeria oh!!!hmmmnnn!!!!!

10. Amaka

March 26, 2014 at 2:03 pm

@ jcsgrl, your comments impress me! It’s the sad truth.

11. honeymix...

March 26, 2014 at 2:36 pm

I weep for my country. And sadly, this too would go under the carpet.

12. mrs chidukane

March 26, 2014 at 2:45 pm

BN thank you for not posting my comment. Like I said earlier, her kids will still become Naijas sweethearts like some people who post dance videos and all on Instagram flaunting their hermes and louboutins bought with the money their father stole from Imo state. Don’t post this one if you want

• LL

March 26, 2014 at 6:07 pm

GBAM!!! You’ve said my mind!

• Que.....what is wrong wit my avatar and ID???*confused*

March 26, 2014 at 7:19 pm

D day I went near this one, my comments missed….. as if I care! I don talk my own.

• Chinazar

March 26, 2014 at 10:28 pm

GBAM!!!

13. LIKE SERIOUSLY

March 26, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Mrs Chidukane, please I need to buy you a cold cocktail somehow, anyhow. You spoke like you were in my head. I made this particular comment about people forgetting how their home states where robbed and are now licking feet of politicians children because they are now internet sensation and it wasn’t posted and I just smiled. The last time i checked,i didnt use foul language other than speak my mind. If journalists can write all sorts of stuff, why cant we speak our minds as well. It is well ooo. May people who lack integrity continue to be exposed and disgraced. Like they say GOOD NAME IS BETTER THAN RICHES, whether people believe it or not. BN, post my comment.i didn’t do anything to you.

• LL

March 26, 2014 at 6:04 pm

And sadly enough BN joined the wagon of licking the feet of politicians children. BN post my comment oh!

14. Busarni

March 26, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Abeg all of them should go and rest. The national assembly is no saint either. Nigerian govt spends over #250 million each year on one senator, do the maths. Nigeria is the most expensive run government i know. I have come to realize that as Nigerians we are always quick to criticize if we are not benefiting directly from something. I finally lost hope, when the issue of #12 million being paid to confab delegates was mentioned; i was expecting all the political activists to say, they were rejecting it like Tunde Bakare did. Till date , none of them came up to protest against it. I de laugh. If you so much love Nigeria ,as the so called activists make us believe. Nothing is too big a sacrifice for the progress and unity of Nigeria. I want to see that activist ,that will come out boldly and say no to the #12 million. I now know the kind of people we have, anyways nothing surprises me in Naija anymore. after all, Reuben Abati was on this side before, but he has since crossed over and singing a different tune. i still remember his days in Patito’s gang; Life. Hahaha. Please i am not in anyway siding Diezani ooh, before Bella voltrons0 cyber bully me , left ,right and center.

• Dr. N

March 26, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Reject? They asked for more, for their aides

15. Emy

March 26, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Anything Dieziani she has immunity. Goodluck doesnt joke with her.

16. Michèle

March 26, 2014 at 7:01 pm

BN will NEVER post comments people make airing their views about children of polithiefcians who flaunt luxury acquired at the expense of the masses. Who will patronise them? Who will pay for the “dream weddings ” we all ooh and aah about? You nor know where you dey?
    BN if you like post my comment, if you like, swallow it. Shame on you for being such an arse kisser.

17. rebellious child

March 26, 2014 at 8:07 pm

@MICHELE I SO AGREE WITH YOU. BELLA NAIJA DOES INDIRECTLY CELEBRATE BY POSTING THE EVENTS THAT THESE LOOTS HAVE ENRICHED THE CHILDREN OF POLITICIANS. I KNOW SPOILED POLITICIAN KIDS AND SOME NOT SO SPOILED, BUT WHAT THEY ALL HAVE IN COMMON IS THAT THEY ALL HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE PROBLEM IN NIGERIA. I ALSO SUGGEST TO MY FRIENDS FROM POLITICAL FAMILIES, USE THE LOOTS YOUR PARENTS HAVE LOOTED AND CREATE FOUNDATIONS TO HELP THE COMMUNITY AND NIGERIAN YOUTHS, BASICALLY THEY SHOULD TRY TO RIGHT THE WRONGS THEIR PARENTS COMMITTED. ITS A SUGGESTION, BUT OF COURSE THEY HAVE NIGERIAN MENTALITY OF ENRICHING SELF AT EVERYONES EXPENSE. MAYBE BELLA NAIJA SHOULD BRING UP FOR DISCUSSION.

18. girly

March 26, 2014 at 8:57 pm

please can I ask where this child of the so called politician has flaunted anything and BN posted it? I know one of her siblings and if it was that one then ill understand but the “internet sensation” is nothing but humble. Money can’t buy you hazard education, she is a doctor and all. You people need to chill, this is about diezani

• mrs chidukane

March 26, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Please Please and Please, we will not chill until we redirect our country. What do you mean by humility? Could her Father afford to train her abroad before he became Governor? Were they not in Absu?Now how can a medical student in the UK afford all the nice things she has?Do you know how much a Hermes bag is?Or Chanel bags?Don’t tell me about humility please. Im not jealous,if they were coscharis’s kids I won’t talk but you know where these things came from. Iff you are not angry about how these people are stealing our future, I am.

• Really?

March 26, 2014 at 10:34 pm

She doesn’t have to flaunt them. She only needs to own them… with government’s money, remember? The same one that sponsored her to Harvard.

19. girly

March 26, 2014 at 9:35 pm

I meant havard btw… auto correct

• mrs chidukane

March 26, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Who told you she went to Harvard? Voltron

• Dr. N

March 26, 2014 at 10:03 pm

I liked d hazard tho, lol.

• LL

March 27, 2014 at 12:23 am

hehehehe….me too! LOL

• Myne Whitman

March 27, 2014 at 12:23 am

lol… me too…

• Eve82

March 27, 2014 at 11:23 am

Dr. N…a million kisses to you!

20. girly

March 27, 2014 at 1:34 am

voltron? lol ignorant thing.. she mentioned it in her video…. @Dr.N looool me too I almost left it without correcting it.

21. girly

March 27, 2014 at 3:52 am

@really so she doesn’t make money from her occupation? let people be lord. If you have a problem direct it to her dad, she wasn’t the one stealing money.

22. NNENNE

March 28, 2014 at 3:27 am

Nigerians and this over dependence on oil. Only God will help us, RESOURCE CURSE!!