News

After Months of Denials…Nuella Njubigbo & Tchidi Chikere confirm Wedding Plans

Nuella & Tchidi - March 2014 - BellaNaija 01

It’s been over a year since rumours about their relationship surfaced and finally Nollywood actress Nuella Njubigbo and Nollywood producer/director Tchidi Chikere have confirmed that they are getting married.

The ceremony will take place in Anambra state this weekend. Nuella confirmed the news via her rep.

Read her story;
“Let me start by confirming some of the rumours you may have heard. Yes, the traditional marriage rites between Tchidi Chikere and I will be performed soon. This was not the way we imagined or planned it, but as they say, nobody has a crystal ball to tell where or who we end up with. Life is a dice.

At the time the rumours of his separation/divorce and me being involved was going on, I definitely was not in that space where some story writers said I was. I was busy doing other things with my life, other preoccupations, a relationship (I thought would lead to marriage), and my acting career. Things happened, my relationship packed up and we went our separate ways, I moved on.

Tchidi and I have always been friends (As I am with other colleagues), We trade in the same career, but we never crossed that line (we never dated), not to talk of me getting pregnant for him ( I’m presently not pregnant as still being written) sometimes It’s really tiring confirming or refuting some of these rumors. I know some naysayers would still believe what they have made up their minds to believe and stick to; Truth is, I am not making this statement for those set of people, neither am I making it to get people on my side. This statement goes out to those who love me and truly care about me and the way I live my life, and to my very reliable and supportive fans who have been asking questions and deserve to know the truth.

In the past two years, Tchidi and I worked more, we got closer and more friendly, we were both single and I began to understand and see the real him. Needless to say that I also began to really , really like this real person I was getting to know more and more with every passing day. Then it happened, our hearts clicked. Well, maybe the flying rumours contributed to this and made me look more his way, or it could have been part of life we have no control over.

Suffice this to say, he proposed to me a while ago and after very careful thought and consideration on every side I said yes. Would I say no because of what people would say and damn where my heart led me? Just like Bill Cosby said, ‘the key to failure is trying to please everybody’. I chose not to take that route, instead follow my heart.

My heart is remarkably at peace with this decision, and I am willing to take this leap of faith which every married woman has taken. Where this love will lead me I cannot say, I am not God, but, I have hope, faith and believe that it will lead me to a good place. Every one of us in this life deserves a chance to be happy. I am taking my own chance.

This is the only statement I am making on this, any other one after this is not from me. I can’t help what people say or write, but please be careful about what you listen to or read and believe. For those who wish me the best, I wish the very best, for those who don’t, I leave you to God who sees and knows all things. Thanks for reading.”

It’s really great that Nuella took the time out to clarify the situation. So many rumours have floated around over the last few months. Good to hear her side of the story.

1. hauwa

March 27, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Lool at “we trade in the same career”. Such Igbo behaviour. Local much. This lenghty speech is funny tbh. Its like she’s trying to convince us of why she’s getting married or sumn, and we don’t care. I didn’t even know about her and Tchidi or the scandal around them until I read this. Na them sabi

• omalicha

March 27, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Rude much

• SoChi

March 27, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Haba Hauwa, not nice at all.

• mrs chidukane

March 27, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Madam foreigner, thanks. It might interest you to know that your people are regarded the same way by ibos.

• Mademoiselle

March 27, 2014 at 11:34 pm

looool!!! dead dead dead!

• iba

March 28, 2014 at 7:00 am

LOL LOL LOL. I am nearly tempted to add much to my LOL but let me be sane…

• john22

March 28, 2014 at 10:49 am

you are consumed by tribal hatred …..heal yourself . free tribal hating from your heart

• ~Meg~

March 29, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Really? Its “local” because she said “trade”? When exactly did “foreign” become better? Class up, please. This is well written by someone who wants to get the real story out there, and no one can please everyone.

2. i no send

March 27, 2014 at 8:05 pm

indeed na them sabi…aint nobody gat time for dat

3. Leila

March 27, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Story! Story! And more Story. Just pathetic.

4. madman

March 27, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Goodluck to her! and goodluck to the EX-wife!~

5. Posh

March 27, 2014 at 8:12 pm

lol … hauwa, you are not good

6. omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

March 27, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Hope it works out for them.

7. tmark

March 27, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Hmmmmm, story, story. Na Una know.

8. Emy

March 27, 2014 at 8:36 pm

This babe just decided to bring insults upon herself by releasing that statement. Only God knows the affairs of man.

9. Me

March 27, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Stop convincing us on why you are marrying him, it’s your cross to bear and please do not release another statement two years later. @Bellanaija am liking this after months of denial, it should even be after years of denial

• Naveah

March 27, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Thank you o because I was thinking to myself which kain months when dis gist don dey grown tay tay. The rumors about him and her were swirling since his marriage started falling apart at the seams and that was not this year or the past. Who be una accountant, abeg?

10. Nominee

March 27, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Nuella fire you publicist and hire me or better still just hire me to write your press releases, it will come out less defensive and more heart warming i tell you.

11. nkwerres finest

March 27, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Please tell me this was not written by her publicist. Hmmm. Wahala dey.

12. ella

March 27, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Somebody should tell this girl we don’t care, leave you for God to judge

13. Chi chi

March 27, 2014 at 9:39 pm

@Hauwa,Hey!!! What do u mean by igbo behaviour? Watch your tongue.

14. Stephanie

March 27, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Don’t see them lasting. 3 kids is a lot! No matter what he would still feel connected to Sophia, the mother of his kids
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

15. marie

March 27, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Nuella if he cheats with you, he will definitely cheat on you, good luck!!!

16. felly

March 27, 2014 at 11:31 pm

GUILTY CONSCIENCE WHY DO A PRESS RELEASE TO GET MARRIED WHO DOES THAT?? NO ONE REALLY CARES..REMEMBER THAT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND..IHE DI OKU GA AJURIRI OYI!!!! WHEN STEALING SOMETHING IT APPEARS TO TASTE BETTER WHEN U GET IT ..IT LOSES IT’S PLEASURE…BE READY FOR A STORMY RIDE…WITH ALL THE SINGLE AND ELIGIBLE GUYS OUT THERE…SOMEONE WITH THREE SONS??? WHAT A TRAVESTY!!!! WAKE UP WOMEN!!!

17. Bvf

March 27, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Interesting….

18. Amh

March 27, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Birds of the same feather, u tore the marriage apart, and you have won, keep quiet untill another girl like you overthrows you. Best of luck. You suit each other.

19. Mee

March 28, 2014 at 1:19 am

@ Hauwa you certainly must be high on very cheap drugs. I don’t know u and nuella who is more daft and disoriented. Ever heard of public speaking ? I think both of u should hire a publicist to write for you. nuella u are so desperate and irresponsible. Single men don finish? Okok

20. Eve82

March 28, 2014 at 2:42 am

The less we know, the better for us…

21. Author Unknown

March 28, 2014 at 4:25 am

Who are these ones abeg?

22. Superfly

March 28, 2014 at 5:19 am

Hauwa thats not a nice thing to say about igbos .am not one my self,lets just be careful and try not to use tribalism when making our points known.

23. Mary Cole

March 28, 2014 at 5:24 am

Human beings, don’t you guys have things that occupy your times, are you all so idle all you do is butt into peoples busines, sit and criticize, judge and taint people’s characters? Galli! You all go find important things to do with and for yourselves and your families and stop being stupid, ignorant and annoying. Let God take care of His children, and let who is without sin cast all the stones they wish to. Let people live their lives, stop all these judgements and think of ideas to make Nigeria a better place for residency, investments and growth to compete with developing countries. Ewwww…you all should stop all these hating, backbiting, shallow ways of thinking and build each other up. Empathise, uplift, pray, pray, pray with pure hearts. Grow up people.

24. Mary Cole

March 28, 2014 at 6:24 am

All you idle people, who think your jobs are to sit in judgement of others, let me give you assignments that will keep you occupied for a loooong time. Start a prayer and fasting period, for God to provide Nigeria with leaders with integrity. God-fearing human beings who will lead as democracy demands:government of the people, by the people, for the people. Non greedy leaders who will instead of stealing money away from the country, to other established countries, will have the decency to invest them in the country, build companies and put citizens to work. Make sure electricity is constant, instead of generators polluting the country, poisoning and shortening peoples lives. Ammassing wealth just for themselves, acquiring jets for no good reasons at all, even women who are supposed to be nurturers are caught in the web of greed. They all go to other countries to show off with the country’s money. People, there’s a lot of prayers items to keep you all busy, instead of tearing people down. Get yourselves occupied/busy doing worthwhile purposes. Pleeease people, get busy praying…With clean hearts. God help us all. God says, judge not that ye might no be judged, pray ye one for another.

• Priscy

March 28, 2014 at 9:20 am

And you are so busy, you had so much time to write two lengthy comments…smh

• blessed

March 28, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Ok,so who died and made you judge.

25. lulu

March 28, 2014 at 6:35 am

Nyc1…im sure she got fed up& hence decided 2gt it of hr chest.#She’s human after all#…God bless they Union…

26. lizzie

March 28, 2014 at 7:19 am

Alot of cyber bullying going on now adays….. May God help us. @Tchidi a man needs a woman to make him happy and complete, if ur ex wasnt doing that then u deserve to be happy. @Nuella enjoy ur marriage and make it work, take his kids just like the ones you wld have for him. HAPPY MARRIAGE LIFE!

27. Hurperyearmie

March 28, 2014 at 8:24 am

Hmmm life is a seed waka pass

28. Technology Guru

March 28, 2014 at 8:53 am

If truly she came into the marriage before tchidi broke up with Ex wife, Kama will play it ROLE it’s just a matter of time.. Tchidi will soon find another beautiful actress to replace her..

29. Vanessa

March 28, 2014 at 9:23 am

Lizzie, it’s HAPPY MARRIED LIFE.

30. lizzie

March 28, 2014 at 9:36 am

tnx @Vanessa

31. Victoria

March 28, 2014 at 10:06 am

This nuella sure looks like chika ike.

32. stella

March 28, 2014 at 10:16 am

Nuella keep your explanation to yourself, you are not better than Sophia his first wife. Why can’t you go out there and get your own man? Ichidi is second hand product, I pity u. A man that already had 3 boys from his wife. Shame on u Nuella. He will definitely cheat on u with another woman. Home breaker.

33. gucci

March 28, 2014 at 10:24 am

Am enjoying all the banter tho *mohahaha*

34. Xristybabes

March 28, 2014 at 10:34 am

hmmmm…..what goes around must surely come around.

35. mercedez

March 28, 2014 at 11:04 am

why is almost all bashing the woman and leaving the man. It takes TWO to TANGO.

36. Tricia

March 28, 2014 at 11:16 am

@ mary cole, i can see you are really busy indeed, let me also give you something to keep you busy, pray! PRAY AND FAST that you don’t end up being Sophia. @ nuela, God see’s the heart of men, he can not be deceived, if all you have said is true, he will definitely bless your union, you don’t need to convince anyone. Finally, To all the home breakers, may God punish you abundantly. may you find your suitable place in HELL. to all the men that abandon their families for a whore just because you have allowed your manhood to do the job of your brain, you have placed a curse in your generation, you are not better than a goat. if he cheats with you, he will cheat on you. karma is a bitch,it will always find you. what God has joined together, let NO MAN or WOMAN put asunder.

37. Anthonia Okoh

March 28, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Tk God 4 both of u. U both match each other and i wish you both happy married life. Never mind what ppl say just make the best out of it. Congratulations in advance.

38. pure

March 28, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Wateva man sows he reaps. In oda wrds, wateva U want 2 do, ask urself is it in d line of God’s word (holy bible). To marry anoda woman husband is absord. He divorced his actress wife nw getting marry to anoda actress. Haaba! Have U askd urself dis question? wat made him to divorce his first actress wife if care is nt taken same will happen again. Be careful so that U no go join d leaque f divorcees. Beautiful lady like come down and God will surely giv U ur own husband. In every area it is nt right in d sight of God n man. Where a d first wife is nw, she go

39. okon umoh

March 28, 2014 at 1:47 pm

leave person huz alone,go n luk for ur own huz.home braker.

40. Angel

March 28, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Ladies be so desperate to marry, they don’t ask questions. How can Nuella accept to marry a man that left his wife with 3 kids just like that? This is the problem with most women, they think they are special and different that what goes around cannot come back to them, if he could do it to another woman, he will definitely do it to u. It’s a matter of time, Marriage is not relationship, it’s a different ball game all together.

41. KarmenSimms

March 28, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Reading all the comments here just makes me laugh…advisers and hooters alike. Can’t we just be happy for them, than to start raining Fire & Brimstone on the poor couple that just want to share their good news. When a man divorces his wife they have both become single people and can seek happiness elsewhere. Its obvious Nuella knew people will start to assume imediately she announced the wedding, so decided to clear up some questions we might have. I wish the couple a happy married life..afterall you can’t please everyone.

42. HRS_Cindy

March 29, 2014 at 1:48 am

Lmao! Smh….next pls

43. NNENNE

March 30, 2014 at 2:47 am

It must be true that there are no more husbands in Naija. I still do not understand how a young , educated , lady would settle for a second wife.
    Men like Tchidi marry down because young girls, who have a lot going for them will not marry him.Even if his wife left, he has three boys and they are not going anywhere.Does Nuella realize that?
    The first wife gave him these boys and as long as they are alive, by Igbo culture, she will continue to be a member of that family whether TCHIDI likes it or not.That is, If he paid her bride price.
    With all the headaches that happen in a polygamous home, why would Nuela settle for this. Well, I guess some people hate peace.

44. GH

March 31, 2014 at 1:24 pm

All the ladies supporting nuella just pray another woman doesn’t come into your matrimonial home to steal both your husband, home and happiness.
    —HE WHO WEAR A SHOE KNOWS WHERE IT HURT MOST”

45. pecky

May 3, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Pls u guy should not put the bleam on nuella alone,wat abt tchidi,hu?

46. mimi

May 31, 2015 at 11:22 pm

Bloody disgusting home breaker! You should be ashamed of yourself noella!