News

End the Weekend Nicely by Catching Up on The Ngee Show! Watch 6 Hilarious Webisodes

Ngee Show BNThese videos are arguably the most hilarious videos in 2014! Remember we introduced the Ngee Show {click here to see}? This lady tackles social and lifestyle issues in a humorous way. Ngozi shares her opinion on a wide range of topics and she makes her points in a really lighthearted way. So, please don’t get offended if you’re found guilty of one of the things she complains about.

So we decided to put up videos she’s done since her introduction on BellaNaija.

You should start with this one and spread the word. 🙂

Pronunciations & Colonial Words

Acronyms and Greestions

Etiquette

Nigerian Fashion Fads

Ten Things We Need To Stop Doing Once We Turn 30

Fads That Need To Go Away

Have a great week ahead!

1. OLA.

April 14, 2014 at 1:00 am

I love Ngozi, so real.

2. GreenDiamond

April 14, 2014 at 1:34 am

i find u quite bold as you could ve just tweeted rather than make videos. secondly i don’t find it productive as to how long u can keep this up because i couldn’t even listen beyond 4mins to the first video before u lost me so how will the younger generation listen attention span is very low now a days. so if u actually want to stay noticed keep it as short as possible no one likes 9mins long videos of nothing. my Opinion!

• Beee

April 14, 2014 at 2:53 am

I had a problem with the time too. Gosh! It should be social, not another lecture. Fun tho, I still give it to her

• Love

April 14, 2014 at 11:02 pm

I agree, the videos are too long. and who is she trying to appeal to? Majority of the people in Nigeria don’t have the time for all these social etiquette nonsense. They are more concerned about getting a job and surviving in general

• No Long Thing

April 14, 2014 at 4:50 am

Yeah. So much for someone who starts off her sentences with lowercase letters. Go take a nap.

• paulmirabilis

April 14, 2014 at 8:09 pm

I think you were lost before you started watching the video..lol. I find it totally surprising to see someone that doesn’t like these videos. Her editing is the best I’ve ever seen!

• chiz

May 4, 2014 at 10:46 pm

I actually disagree. Doesn’t matter how long it’s for, as long as she can grab the attention of her audience and keep them interested.

3. DS

April 14, 2014 at 1:34 am

Love,love this lady! She totally verbalized my thoughts & my peeves,with this present generation. Keep it coming.

4. girly

April 14, 2014 at 1:58 am

green diamond isn’t like you with the short attention span. I’m young and I watched these videos weeks back and I have stopped saying some of these words that I used to so it’s very useful.

5. Nonnienie

April 14, 2014 at 2:22 am

Very Original!!!!!!!!!! I like her.

6. mujer

April 14, 2014 at 2:25 am

I dont agree with your comments on some of the words – severally, tantamount, alight – those are correct English words. English grammar has been so simplified because people are lazy and education has declined that we are using the losing the use of these words. Does that mean the words ought to be made extinct? It is like saying because we now juice our meals and dont chew as often we should pull out our teeth. by the way, if you walk into a place where you have well educated people in the west, you will hear these words and other big ones. What I agree with is that people need to research words before they use them. Definitely concur with the pronunciation piece – totally unacceptable

Bold sha.

• Blessmyheart

April 14, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Severally is an English word but we use it wrongly in Nigeria. People often use it to mean several times but it means separately. There are a number of words we use wrongly.

April 14, 2014 at 12:57 pm

God bless you! It is used out of context.

7. Vivian

April 14, 2014 at 2:37 am

How is a 9min highly informative video too long? We learn everyday and the contemporary generation’s lack of reading and listening to intellect promoting material is the reason for the highly ignorant leaders of tomorrow we are producing. Knowledge is power! I learnt something from watching this and I’m sure a lot of others found it enlightening as well.

8. Beee

April 14, 2014 at 3:49 am

This will def go viral. I think I find this a bit more mature than Wednesday vlogs. No disrespect . Humble opinion.

9. LL

April 14, 2014 at 3:50 am

I LOVE this lady!! All of what she mentioned are just my peeves. The most annoying one is this unnecessary acronym most people write and majority of the time I don’t know what the heck they are saying… lol. Or is it the pronunciation…smh.. the one that is disturbing is when people who just came to the States for a month and all of a sudden they are trying too hard to speak with an American accent which makes it more difficult to understand what the heck they are saying 🙁

10. Cancel Reply

April 14, 2014 at 3:52 am

LMAOOOOOOOOOO!The first video is killing me o!

11. LL

April 14, 2014 at 3:56 am

Oh the things that she mentions that needs to stop when you are thirty NEEDS TO BE STOPPED when you turn twenty-five biko! 🙂

12. Miss Mo

April 14, 2014 at 4:13 am

Nne mama, you are too funny. I can totally relate and picture Nigerians misbehaving as described…lol.

What I think BN should have done is post 1 webisode at a time. Rather than 6 long ones in 1 post. Sheesh….

13. step77

April 14, 2014 at 4:41 am

She’s done an awesome job with the quality of the picture, but too much talk, that makes one easily loose interest. She needs to learn to hit the main points with out too much detractive talk, too much side talk, too many examples upon examples upon examples, which ends up being a much too long vlog. I find myself clicking the ff, but all in all great effort.

• e-bukun

April 14, 2014 at 9:55 am

She apparently needs to say something about Nigerians using “loose” instead of “lose”. It’s common practice and really disturbing. I cringe every time I see it. Please!!!!
      LOOSE refers to something that doesn’t fit or hold tightly or releasing something e.g. a water bottle cap may be screwed on loosely, a blouse may fit loosely, or the dogs were set loose etc.
      LOSE is to not be able to find something, to have lost a game or person etc. Basically when you think loss or lost, then you’re going to use lose (not loose).

14. Me

April 14, 2014 at 6:50 am

Lol, she’s funny.
    Flicking, yuck. Dat did it for me.

15. Tosin

April 14, 2014 at 7:33 am

I watch the top one, ep. 6, it was funny, cool, educative too lol.

Opinion: the British probably say blewww where the Americans say bloo. Some Nigerians overcopy the British tho’, cell phone conversation in Yoruba then they now emphasize the blew colour, and of course the other person doesn’t understand, so they’re like blew, blew, blewwww.

People you think should know better say alight, then highlight, then they actually write “he highlighted from the limousine.” Die laughing.

May God bless your mission joo. Though I don’t think the goggle one will ever change, not in Yoruba with goggu!, Igbo with gogguru, … just accept it as part of our heritage. Heeeeehahaha.

BellaNaija, this disappeared avatar of a thing, i think we have told you severally 🙂 🙂

• Tosin

April 17, 2014 at 9:00 pm

And not I just did episode 5. NGEE, you’re a sister after my heart joo. kk is the stupidest thing I’ve ever received as a message. From one person. A guy. Never. kk ko, kk ni.

• newbie

May 5, 2014 at 11:25 am

I’m with you on the blew /bloo pronunciation thingy (of a thing lol). We pronounce blue as blew here in England and I believe the Americans would say bloo.

16. Stephanie

April 14, 2014 at 8:09 am

Would have to come back and watch it
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

17. e-bukun

April 14, 2014 at 10:12 am

• Buki

April 15, 2014 at 5:02 pm

The loose instead of lose is a major pet peeve of mine, but I must say that it isn’t just Nigerians. It’s very common among native English speakers world over! I see it everywhere.

‘Am’ as the contraction for I am ( I’m) I believe is 100% Nigerian, and that one kills me. I don’t get it. Some people give the excuse it’s faster, we’re abbreviating, that makes no sense to me, cause you need exactly two strokes on your keyboard for both words. Your smart device automatically inserts the apostrophe. What dirty time are you saving. Aaaarrgghh!

Oh and by the way, I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode and will be watching them all. Good job Ngozi!

18. Blessmyheart

April 14, 2014 at 12:51 pm

I enjoyed the first episode and I agree with most of her points. The Google thing irks me a lot and I find myself always correcting people. I don’t agree with severally, it’s correct but we use it wrongly. Then, some sayings are just cultural like the bouncing baby boy and how was your night.

19. tinu

April 14, 2014 at 2:47 pm

i love love love her just because she is natural. about the webisodes they are her opinion like she says at the beginning of everything… please what does she do for a living….

20. JT

April 14, 2014 at 4:49 pm

I agree. Although, nothing novel about this webisodes as what you’re expressing is what a lot of Nigerians think about and most likely verbalize with each other in a social setting. But all in all not a bad idea… you get an “A” for effort and editing is great (could decrease the time a bit bc at 9mins most of it is rambling). Anyway, rock your show ma’m just think you need to stop laughing at some of your jokes while presenting them. It decreases your originality and credibility in my eyes.

• e-bukun

April 14, 2014 at 5:15 pm

I don’t think Nigerians who are irritated by these things verbalize their irritation. Or maybe not enough because people still do them. I refuse to respond to texts or chats written in shorthand, but that doesn’t send the message enough. Maybe if someone called them out like this it will. Blessed are those who see the wrong and call it out, as opposed to assuming everyone else already knows.

• Tosin

April 17, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I actually like when she laughs, cos I’m laughing too, and then hours or days later I start laughing again remembering how she started laughing.

21. SS

April 14, 2014 at 7:15 pm

DAMN…[email protected] thanks a bunch for this entertaining webisode, she is so real, went straight to the points, i love her already, am a fan of ngozi ,and she is pretty, nice skin,decent look,neat,entertaining,educative….nice one ngozi,am a fan,far far better than toke makinwa sorry to say

22. Concerned_Boyfriend

April 14, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I LOVE LOVE HER!!!.

23. Xtsy

April 14, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Gal pls imma need u to do an episode on d use of hashtags, tx

24. Alero

April 15, 2014 at 7:55 am

Ngee, I want to defer on your opinion on “How was your night?”. When we are about to go to bed, we say to each other “good night”. Which means that we expect to have a good night rest; so when we see ourselves at dawn,and I say “hey! how was your night?”,I expect you to say “good” or you had a great night.The reason you are unaware of your surrounding while you slept is because you were comfortable with the ambiance. If you weren’t, you would have woken up feeling clumsy, tired and grumpy; and then the answer to how was your night would probably be:”Hmm… horrible, horrible night it was. I was awake most of the time because my neighbour’s noisy generator didn’t even allow me catch a wink.” or “I had a fever that made me toss and turn all through the night.” In other words your night wasn’t fine, after all. My opinion.

• newbie

May 5, 2014 at 3:21 pm

You mean you want to differ, not defer. Saying you want to defer [to] indirectly means you agree with her, and from what you have said, you don’t. Thank me later! (lol I haven’t seen that expression on BN for a while)

25. Lowladee

April 15, 2014 at 9:41 am

I honestly took out the time to comment on this, just to say- This is what a proper online webisode/vlog should be like. The content is rich, production is clean, Ngozi dresses nicely and also speaks well. This is a job well done.

26. sum1special

June 2, 2014 at 2:50 pm

[email protected] much…i agree with every single thing she said.