Music

Ice Prince: “I Don’t Think I Am Mentally Ready for Marriage”

Ice Prince Zamani - October 2013 - BellaNaija (1)

Ice Prince gets candid about jumping the broom.

The Nigerian music superstar is currently in London filming the video for his song “Mercy”; Wizkid and Chip will make cameo appearances in the video.

Just before he arrived in London, he had a quick chat with Vanguard Newspapers about life before fame, music and a typical day in his life.

Ice Prince was also asked about his relationship status and when he plans to tie the knot. He confirms that he is in a relationship – whose name he didn’t mention, but he is not quite sure on being a husband just yet.

Excerpts
On why he is still single: I don’t think I am planning to get married now because I am still young, I’m in my youth and moreover, I am just 27 years old. Maybe later in my late thirties I can start planing to get married or not.

On reasons: It’s because I still have a long way to go before thinking of settling down. I can’t say because of what I have, that I am okay to get married, no. I don’t think I am mentally ready for marriage. I think before one could get married, one needs to attain certain level of understanding and awareness. I don’t think I have those qualities just yet.

On if he is in a serious relationship, and the possibility of marrying his baby mama: Yeah, but I wouldn’t want to talk about my girlfriend and about the mother of my baby. She is good and we are not talking about getting married because I’m not ready yet.

To read the full interview, click here

1. Nawa4SomePeople

April 11, 2014 at 5:10 am

What is wrong with his hands? Is he flashing gang signs?

2. amakadon

April 11, 2014 at 6:50 am

Okay you sef get pikin. Now marriage mentality never come.

3. mrs chidukane

April 11, 2014 at 8:59 am

Too young to marry, old enough to have sex and procreate. I pray he remains successful till his late 30s if not that his gf who i’m sure will hang around till then would have bought bad market for

• Omo1

April 11, 2014 at 10:23 am

Thank you for this comment!

• aja

April 11, 2014 at 10:41 am

I think he is right. You have to be mentally ready and matured to enter the institution called marriage other wise you will be married but still try to cling to your life as a bachelor.. Being able to have sex and procreate does not mean that you are matured enough to get married. Are the teenagers who have babies ready for marriage? At least he is being honest to himself.

4. Fabulicious

April 11, 2014 at 10:26 am

So he was mentally ready to start having sex and even had a kid.I hope his baby mama is aware of his plans ooo cos if she is his age mate,she should better tear race.everybody cannot be as lucky as the idibia or okoye wives.

5. Somebody

April 11, 2014 at 10:31 am

Oya he’s said it. So any girl who still wants to put her head inside and die unto im matter is solely on her own.

6. Charis

April 11, 2014 at 10:36 am

I feel sorry 4 his baby mama…

7. Onye Ara

April 11, 2014 at 10:37 am

At least be mentally ready to use condoms.

• adelegirl

April 11, 2014 at 11:31 am

Exactly! And prevent littering the place with baby mamas (a la Tuface Idibia) or would be baby mamas. I know Ice Prince has only got one baby mama (so far) but if you are not mentally ready for marriage you need to zip it or be very careful about the person with whom you are sharing body fluids. Some devious females are ready to use a pregnancy to try to trap a man.

8. iyke

April 11, 2014 at 11:24 am

Girls, please cut the dude some slack. He made a mistake by having a child outside marriage and graciously and humorously accepted his errors.So he must marry her because he got her pregnant?
    He is not ready for marriage and that is it. DEAL WITH IT.

9. LIKE SERIOUSLY

April 11, 2014 at 1:37 pm

@Iyke…Same for the celebrity who is about to sleep with another lady in the nearest future.All of them are mistakes….smh.Between, women the focus is still on us oooo.Is being a baby mama a priority or is it now trendy? Its ladies like this that make us lose sight of single mothers by choice and single mothers by circumstance.

10. Deedee

April 12, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Honesty my foot,na wa for dis dude o, “not mentally” ready for marriage but “biologically” ready for babies, i don’t blame u, its the baby mamas i blame…..mschewww