News

“Koko Mansion” Alum Rekana Sharon Ojong Tweets about Bleaching

Rekana Sharon Ojong - BN Beauty - April 2014 - BellaNaija

Rekana Sharon Ojong was one of the many contestants part of D’banj‘s “Koko Mansion” reality TV show in 2009.

Hey D’banj, what happened to the show?

Rekana has gone on to make a name for herself in the Nigerian fashion community; as a stylist and blogger. Today, she took to her official Twitter page to speak the never ending topic – bleaching and loving your dark skin.

Do you need a reminder that black is beautiful, click here

Check it out!

1. Joan85

April 4, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Well, she said it!!! She was in Koko Mansion? Oooohhh.

2. Cleo

April 4, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Nne do you mind if I tell you to just Shut up??

• Miss Me

April 4, 2014 at 4:14 pm

That’s so rude… Everyone has the right to express themselves. You are no one to ask someone else to shut up… Maybe you need to shut up first…

• Temi

April 4, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Technically, she did not tell her to shut up. She asked if she would mind if she told her. She hasn’t actually told her yet.

• Bide

April 4, 2014 at 4:55 pm

How rude

• Royalty

April 9, 2014 at 9:17 pm

lmaoo!!!

• LoveBeautyInAllShades

April 10, 2014 at 1:06 am

Cleo, I’m quite certain that you’ve bleached your beautiful black skin away (and possibly some of your grey matter as well) and you are now afraid you’ll never get it back. How sad for you

3. NIRA

April 4, 2014 at 4:05 pm

True!!

4. Hurperyearmie

April 4, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5. @edDREAMZ

April 4, 2014 at 4:22 pm

I really dont see the meaning in all this…. As normal, seeking attention…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

6. kemi

April 4, 2014 at 4:37 pm

she made alot of sense!

7. Temi

April 4, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Wait, she’s light skinned???

• Ada

April 4, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Looool!

• ohhh

April 6, 2014 at 10:32 pm

take several seats. whats the point of asking if she’s light or not?

• Temi

April 7, 2014 at 4:36 pm

My friend, i am not fat, one sit is enough. The point is i want to know, e don do u?

8. Tunmi

April 4, 2014 at 4:48 pm

And she said it completely, “So you go around looking for ‘half caste’ to shoot music video and then y’all have the nerves to question why women bleach?”

Look at the “Omo to Shan” video with Olamide and Wizkid, the light skinned girl was the lead and the dark skin girl was the nurse despite the dark skinned girl being beautiful with an excellent set of dentures.

• ChySparkZ

April 7, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Dentures kwa!! U mean excellent ‘ set of teeth’ or excellent ‘dentition’ abi na artificial teeth full the girl mouth?

9. nini

April 4, 2014 at 4:59 pm

*clears throat* sharon imma let you finsh but you shoulda really taken up the video vixen offer cause let’s face it honey, you don’t deserve to be called a stylist. You suck at it. Ok bye.

• ohhh

April 6, 2014 at 10:31 pm

that’s not the point

10. Marvel

April 4, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Yes, Temi. If you don’t agree, then you have validated her point because NOBODY
    cares to be dark skinned these days. You didn’t have to be as light as Beyonce tobe considered light skinned.

• Temi

April 4, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Well i don’t agree. Not familiar with her but from the picture i am looking at she looks a nice milk chocolate. You can understand my question since what she’s saying seems contradictory to what i am looking at. Also since you brought up Beyonce, i guess unless you are a banging dark coco like Kelly and I you must be #Teamlightskin???

11. AVID BLOG READER

April 4, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Sweetie you are not light skinned…but you are still gorg though

12. nene

April 4, 2014 at 6:22 pm

she has a valid point.

13. NaijaPikin

April 4, 2014 at 6:45 pm

I;m the same shade as this babe and i consider myself dark skinned…..

14. Temi

April 4, 2014 at 7:33 pm

BN, blocking my comments, today is my off day, i have time. I will keep posting the same thing. Starting to lose respect for you guys though, there’s nothing vulgar or threatening abt my posts so it must be solely because you don’t agree with my opinion?

• Moyo

April 4, 2014 at 8:29 pm

LMAO. Some people half vex!

• Jo!

April 7, 2014 at 11:54 am

Yep, they do that. A lot!!!

• Not you alon2

April 15, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Was like wth the day they blocked my comment
      Nothing offensive in it….long hissssss

15. Cleo

April 4, 2014 at 7:39 pm

In the Nigerian dictionary this babe is no where near light skinned.
    Just cos 1 person asked u to be in his video (who we go ask) u feel u have the right to rant?Sister even if u were a video vixen u wouldnt be in a lotta video cos u are not the typical ‘Yello’ girl they are looking for.
    Pls BN before u grant such pple audience look put up a before and after pic too. Trust me her skin has changed from kokomansion days (not saying she bleached).
    I knw i sound like a hater but i’m shamzin greatest fan, i just dont like this attention seeking path u have decided to follow.
    Good luck with ur spicetv gig

• Cleo

April 4, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Excuse my typos please…

• ohhh

April 6, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Post a screenshot of the Nigerian dictionary. No wonder you can’t spell. The dictionary is not valid.

Regardless if her skin tone, he point is valid.

• ohhh

April 6, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Regardless if her skin tone, he point is valid.

16. 37clues

April 4, 2014 at 9:05 pm

She’s making a point. You can criticize her, insult her abilities as a stylist; punch holes in her if you feel like, but I think she’s validating some girl out there whose world is so whitened by things like “whitenicious”, that she is pretty enough. Its sad that every time someone tries to speak up, we say that the person is seeking attention. Its the same attitude we have carried on to more serious issues like drugs, child rape, molestation. No body is saying anything! If you can’t say something nice, please sit down and #uchefaceyourwork

• ohhh

April 6, 2014 at 10:33 pm

THANK YOU!!!!!

17. Cool cat

April 4, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Pls the person asking her to be in a music video, did they want her for mother role?

• S!

April 5, 2014 at 12:23 am

LMAO!!! You are mean!

• Igbeyinadun

April 7, 2014 at 11:28 am

Evils! lol 😀

• Ed, u can’t get d point of her tweets, ur brain can’t handle it.
      Omg, so many funny comments. Mother role ke?? Smh. Btw, Sharon IS light skinned. That pic does no justice 2 her skin. I think she has an IG. Y’all might wanna check that out. & no, d Ms.Ojong I know is NOT a famewh**e, she definitely didn’t ask BN to post this.

18. El patron medellin cartel

April 4, 2014 at 9:55 pm

People like wahala oooo! If you don’t like the yellow girls in video don’t watch! Come do vixen! I no do finish! Why the vexing and venting! Am still looking for that girl in praiz rich and famous video! Beautiful specimen of a thing! I don’t understand the insecurity! Must you follow society??!

19. Thot

April 4, 2014 at 10:21 pm

She is light skinned to me. I have seen her other pictures in the day time. Plus na albino una wan see? There is white skin and there is light skin. Anyhow if you wowo you wowo be you orange, purple or burgundy..

• Anon

April 5, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Best comment.

• chief divalysious

April 8, 2014 at 2:58 pm

AROND OF APPLAUSE.MY BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL OH AND I STILL LUV DEM FAIR CHICKS.IF YOU LIKE BLEACH SO FAR THEM NOR DEY USE SKIN COLOUR AS GATE PASS TO ENTER HEAVEN.

20. Bee

April 4, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Eerr, they aren’t short of sun in naija, rub yourself in coconut oil & lie in the sun. You’ll be dark by afternoon.
    No kidding

21. Yawns

April 5, 2014 at 5:54 am

Lol…interesting

22. tolatoka

April 5, 2014 at 12:03 pm

@marvel you seem to oppose black skin a lot these days…saw your comment on The Black and Proud Competition …if you’re bleached out and all washed up you might as well allow those who find pride in being African speak

23. Stephanie

April 5, 2014 at 9:31 pm

hmmm…ok oh
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

24. Dammy

April 9, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Ignorance at its worst!

25. Louda

June 10, 2014 at 6:31 pm

I am chocolate colour but I like fair people. Even though I like fair people I dont wanna be fairer than I am for any reason. Its a personal choice. No matter how good or bad your views are some people must criticise you and some must give you thumbs up. BTW I have been wondering what brought our fair skin babe to the limelight, never knew it was koko mansion. Thanks Bella for telling us tho.