News

Ilorin Husband: “My Wife Threatens to Kill Me”

Male Domestic Violence Victim Bella Naija

We often hear about cases of some women being emotionally and/or physically abused by the men they love. But in some unique instances, the man is the victim of abuse.

Alhaji Sule Toheeb, who is 36-years-old, may be one of such men.

He told an Ilorin Court on Wednesday that his wife, Saidat Toheeb, frequently threatened his life, and asked the court to dissolve the marriage, Vanguard reports.

“My wife gets angry at any slightest provocation and always promise to kill me whenever I try to correct her wrong attitude…My Lord, I want an end to this marriage because I cannot withstand my wife’s threat because my life is in danger,’’ he said.

In response to her husband’s allegations, Saidat told the court that she would like to save her marriage.

“My husband always provoke me to threaten him due to his rigid nature; but I promise to be submissive to my husband,’’ she said.

She requested for an adjournment of the case, to enable her work on the marriage. Her request was granted, and the case has been adjourned till June 5th.

Photo Credit: www.lucymanphotography.com

1. slice

May 14, 2014 at 4:31 pm

good job dude. using the courts ….

2. latifa

May 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm

40% of men are victims of domestic and verbal abuse……..we always focus on the women and totally forget the men.

3. @edDREAMZ

May 14, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Mehn, a woman threatening my life and that woman happens to be my wife… seriously she will seize being my wife no doubt…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• slice

May 14, 2014 at 5:07 pm

seize= cease

• lila

May 14, 2014 at 5:23 pm

LOOOOOL..you are mean

4. xceptional

May 14, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Rotfl* is the man a learner

5. Smyl4me

May 14, 2014 at 6:45 pm

See gobe! Im not suprise anyway, when a 50kg welterbelt married a yokosuna. You had better begin to put on crash helmet cos next time you won’t be taken by surprise when a fryin pan land on your cheek.

what a man can do, A woman can ……………. ( fill in the gap)

6. sum1special

May 16, 2014 at 1:03 pm

what a cry cry baby.

7. john

October 17, 2016 at 8:15 pm

I would run away if I were him… I does not matter if a human being is male or female, they are both equally capable of harsh and un-usual punishment or murder to each other.

Our society is the problem, on how we think ….

His wife is obviously a nut case, the judge should be questioned on his judgement for endangering the life of the male.

Does the husband need to be murdered for the judge to make an “Un-biased” decision in cases like this ? if it was a woman saying the husband was threatening, there would be punishment, charges and court orders against the male.

Ridiculous !