Music

Karrueche Responds to VH1 Labelling Her Chris Brown’s “Side Chick”

Chris Brown & Karrueche - April 2014 - BellaNaija 01
Chris Brown‘s girlfriend Karrueche Tran says she “embarrassed” for being labelled a “Side Chick” by VH1. Side Chick means the other woman – just checking.

VH1.com chose 10 women who were the side chicks, while their men, had the main chick at home. Karrueche, Lil Kim, made the list titled – “Get Your Own Man! The 10 Side-Chickiest Side Chicks in Hip Hop“.

Karrueche Tran - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com

The Profile
Side Chick: Karrueche Tran
Love: Chris Brown
Ahh, this tangled web. Unless you’ve been living under a boulder, you know that Breezy had an affair with aspiring model (aren’t they all) Karrueche while he was with Rihanna. Then, he and Riri broke up, and he wifed up Karrueche — but then promptly cheated on her with Rihanna, and then got back together with Tran. Rinse, repeat. The love triangle has inspired several years of bitter twitter battles between the girls (Rihanna actually referred to the half-Vietnamese stunner as a “rice cake” in her duet with Brown, “Birthday Cake,” and then tweeted a pic of a rice cake wearing shades and gold hoop earrings), as well as beef between their two entourages — but Brown can’t seem to quit either of them. In a confessional video he released in 2012, he said as much. “Is there such a thing as loving two women?” Yeah, dude, but for your own sanity,just pick one.

Karrueche later took to her Instgram page to speak about being profiled as a side chick.
“when no one understands you.. they misinterpret you.. judge you.. label you.. this is embarrassing to see, but I can do nothing but laugh because at the end of the day you can say whatever you want about me.. Label me however you please.. Your words do not define who I am. I’m happy with myself.. Flaws..wrong choices..mistakes and all and that’s all that matters. I usually don’t speak up on shit like this but whatever. I have family that has to see shit like this. I don’t even think we’re all on the same page as to what a “side chick” really is.. Either way”

1. @edDREAMZ

May 29, 2014 at 1:17 pm

So she dont knw self…. Abeg make she go slp…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. Olori Tari

May 29, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I LOVE Karreauche. Tell them girl….rubbish !

3. lulu

May 29, 2014 at 1:38 pm

i realy think she is a sweetgirl…Just a lil blond and lacks self confidence…

4. Olori Tari

May 29, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Oh Re last post: I meant Karrueche. This her name slf…I see it everyday on instagram but I can’t even get it right. Took me listening to her over and over again to get the pronunciation of the name slf.

5. humm

May 29, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Ok, she doesnt like the word “side chick” then she is a “jump off”. Which one is better? This girl is as dumb as a doorknob. She needs to be quiet and keep it moving.

6. debra bankz

May 29, 2014 at 1:53 pm

una no knw waten em gt tugeda una just dey jugdge well pple r quick to judge bt slow to correct dem selves

7. Fabulicious

May 29, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Story, I thought they said any publicity is good publicity.You are on VH1 on the side chick list.We know you are smiling inside.You are on the same platform now with the Love and Hip Up Joselyn….hahahahahaha.

• Fabulicious

May 29, 2014 at 2:26 pm

*Hop*

8. Author Unknown

May 29, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Much as I don’t care for this chick, she’s right about us all not being on the same page with our definition of a side chick. I for one never considered Karrueche to be a side chick, since she was obviously CB’s much publicized chick and I think even live-in. That’s why we even recognize who she is.

9. Bella

May 29, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Side chick, trick, jumpoff, the sad truth is when ever you feel the need to explain yourself, you are pained and the hard truth has hit home. This accounts to us normal beings too. Why does TRAN feel the need to explain, respond, justify and all that other stuff. Personally I think, you can never be responsible for what the almost 7 billion people in this world think, its their opinion and life is hard out there, someone needs to make a quick buck at every expense. You should be ready to get backlash for all that you do, trick is ignore the haters, lovers ets till they fade away onto the next issue. This is of no substance to me, TRAN must look at the man in the mirror, accept the visual and keep it moving.

10. Ada

May 29, 2014 at 3:13 pm

I actually like her. I’ts a shame that she is known for the mess with Chris and Rihanna.

african-sweetheart.com

11. Gossip Charlze

May 29, 2014 at 3:26 pm

What I like about the composition of this reply is the fact that she is confident in herself. No ranting of any sort. Just a calm group of words explaining the truth plainly. I too don’t see her as a ‘side chick’. I’ll keep my reasons to myself.
    charlzeblog.blogspot.com

12. SideChicksStink

May 29, 2014 at 4:40 pm

As long as you met your boyfriend when he was seeing another woman, for as long as the triangle continues you will always be referred to as the sidechick, as your that chick that saw another woman’s man on the side before he left her (or she left him) and you guys got serious. Side Chicks stink. What’s with all these side chicks that are growing wings these days and the hidiot men who are wifeying them?

13. SOLO ACT

May 29, 2014 at 8:13 pm

she is the SIDE CHICK!! black girls love to be SIDE CHICKS! they have this mentality that “oh your man is still coming to me at night” rubbish!

14. riri

May 31, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Really really side chick.gold digger.i don t like you .little asian.thank you vh1 for This truth.