Music

Miguel, Tiwa Savage, Davido & Flavour to Perform at the 2014 MAMAs

BellaNaija.com

Tiwa Savage & Miguel - May 2014 - BN Music - BellaNaija.com

It’s going down at the MAMAs this year.

MTV Base has announced the star studded line-up of performers for the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMA) in Durban, South Africa on Saturday 7th June 2014.

American R&B sensation Miguel has been confirmed as a performer.

Joining Miguel are “Ada Ada” crooner Flavour, “Eminado” songstress Tiwa Savage, “Aye” pop star Davido, as well as South Africa’s Mafikizolo, Uhuru, Oskido and Professor.

Commenting on his forthcoming performance, Miguel says “What I love most about Africa is the people and the spirit there. What makes me most proud to be involved in the MAMA is the feeling that my music has reached further than I imagined it could…it’s inspiring.”

The award show will be broadcast live on MTV, MTV Base and BET International.

You can continue to vote for the nominees on mtvbase.com. Tickets will be sold at computicket.com

1. @edDREAMZ

May 21, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Wow, is really an honour to share a stage with miguel, i knw by nw tiwa, flavour and davido will be feeling ontop the moon… Congrats….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. nina

May 21, 2014 at 5:29 pm

I hope tiwa will sing this time and not shout on stage.. she only sings when she is in the studio….happy for them all!

• Fashionista

May 22, 2014 at 9:26 am

Both you and Mrs Chidukane’s observation of Tiwa is spot on! Her studio voice is silky smooth, like you’re being caressed. When she sings live though, its something else; shouty and like Mrs C said, when dancing enters, it is much worse. Hope she hones in on her strong points at the MAMA’s.

• Bleeding Ears

May 22, 2014 at 10:33 am

I thought I was the only one who noticed it… mehn she’s terrible live. I always wonder if she actually rehearse, isn’t she paid to sing at events. She just screams her head off.

3. mrs chidukane

May 21, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Tiwa and Davido please this is a big platform. Rehearse well and if possible sing live. Tiwa biko don’t go flashing your bum as usual. You know you can’t sing and dance so sing more and dance less. Thanks (as if anyone asked me)

• Creamissh

May 21, 2014 at 11:55 pm

I totally agreee with you, they need to rehearse and learn how to sing live, if possible they should do a rehearsal on stage whr the MAMA would be taking place.. And if they decide to lip-synch . They should also try not to shout or hype too much whilst they’re singing, so it won’t be obvious.it’s really a huge platform