News

Teen Kills Parents With Knives for Taking iPod

Teen - May 2014 - BellaNaija.com
A 16-year-old African-American 10th Grader Vincent Parker admitted in court that he killed his father and mother, for punishments such as taking away his iPod.

Parker killed his parents by hacking at them with knives and bashing them with a baseball bat a week before Christmas.

He told Police that he “just got mad and went off” and was fed up with what seemed like routine punishments for a teenager.

“I just remember getting mad. It’s all from my dad. All this stuff like my dad taking away my iPod and stuff”, Vincent said.

He attacked his mother first while getting out of the shower with a pepper spray, stabbed her in the eye, beat her in the face with a bat and crow bar. She later died in the bedroom.

When his father came home, he attacked him, but lived long to tell Police what happened.

Although he is still a teenager, he will be prosecuted as an adult.
Watch News Channel’s review of the incident.

1. Aderonke says #Bring BackOurGirls

May 30, 2014 at 12:06 pm

This is crazy…crazy…the world is truly coming to an end. Kai ur own parents o

2. Lola

May 30, 2014 at 12:07 pm

This guy needs Jesus , they took your iPod away lasan and u killed them smh . Do you know how many parents will be dead if all teenagers were like you . It’s very normal for parents to take things away from their children as a form of punishment bearing in mind they are the ones who bought it . My parents have taken away my iPad and my phone and they are still very much alive my mum has even locked the sitting room where the computer and tv is during exam tune and she is still alive . It’s all to help you , na wa for these people o smh

3. naana

May 30, 2014 at 12:08 pm

all because of an ipod?????????????

4. Mz Socially Awkward...

May 30, 2014 at 12:11 pm

The court took a good decision to try him as an adult. I don’t think it’s wrong for me to hope he gets a very long stretch of time incarcerated and locked away, where he can reflect on how good a life he once selfishly took for granted.

5. my opinion

May 30, 2014 at 12:27 pm

The prophesies of the close of this age must surely come to pass, so am not surprised. The bible is complete in and out.may God help us

6. Ceetoo

May 30, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Hear ye hear ye 21st century parents – your children are not your friends but your wards and you are their parents to guide them and show them the right path and you are supposed to start that when they are very young… yes very very young. Anything short of that is just damage control which could damage you eventually. If you want those kids to give you peace in your old age, this is when to prepare for that. I see a lot of parenting skills from people my age and I am afraid. I ensure my kids keep away from such people’s kids. Even when they must come to my house they know the rules are different… either you comply or please don’t come.
    May the departed rest in peace. (I doubt it anyway)

7. holarmide

May 30, 2014 at 2:04 pm

these guy he needs a tough deliverance