News

Charly Boy releases Statement on Allegedly Halting Gov. Okorocha’s Speech at Father’s Burial

Charly-boy-and-rochas Bella Naija
Over the weekend, CharlyBoy made headlines for reportedly halting Governor Rochas Okorocha‘s speech at his father late Justice Chukwudifu Oputa‘s burial. If you missed the story, click here.

He has issued a public statement saying there is no ill feeling between him and the Governor of Imo state.

Read the statement:
This is to register my utmost pleasure and appreciation to all Nigerians for the remarkable show of love to me and my family in giving my father, Hon. Justice Chukwudifu Akunne Oputa, a most befitting burial.

I am very happy and indeed, very grateful to all.

My special gratitude goes to the Federal Government and President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Imo State Government and Governor Rochas Okorocha, Rivers State Government and Governor Rotimi Amaechi, for their immeasurable support and participation.

May I use this medium to clear the air concerning news making the rounds. There is no ill feeling between me and His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha (SAM). I did not snatch microphone from him, no such thing happened at all.

I do not put out as portrayed by these news reports; I believe I am a very cultured individual, not one to rubbish a good gesture.

Once again, thank you all Nigerians.

Signed:
Charles Emeka Oputa (CharlyBoy)
Areafada.

1. elleven45

June 30, 2014 at 9:33 pm

I was there, no such thing happened. I don’t even know how the rumour surfaced.

2. Miss Mo

June 30, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Why do Nigerians thrive on negativity and unecessary drama?

I just don’t get it. How do we move forward as a nation with the way we think and act?

#justasking

3. iba

June 30, 2014 at 11:59 pm

haba so this was lie. Nawa sha

4. Wale

July 1, 2014 at 12:14 am

Ehn, ehn! I thought so, area fada is just too cultured to do such a thing. I admit I was a little disappointed when I read the rumor that he snatched the Governor’s mic. You rock joor Charly boy, the fada of all areas, glad you cleared that for us. RIP to your esteemed Father.

• Uyi

July 1, 2014 at 12:10 pm

That’s hw you’al believe every lies and rumours, insults the victims then come back to say “I thought so”

5. hazel

July 1, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Na wah o!

6. iyke c.n A.K.A National

July 2, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I tort as much, how can erea fathar I kwon do such tin, people sholh mind how d cary rummuor arownd is not fir, I can make us go front rada back,