News

Female Pastor Allegedly Burns 10 year old House Maid’s Face with Hot Spoon

BellaNaija.com

Pastor Burns Face Bella Naija

Pastor Fine Oru of Heart Beat of God Bible Church in Yenogoa, has been arrested for allegedly burning the face of her 10-year-old house maid, Grace Opion, with a hot spoon.

Oru  said she burnt Opion’s face because she had done the same thing to her one-year-old grandson according to Sahara Reporters.

The pastor had  gone out of town, and had left her grandson in the maid’s care while she was away. When she returned, she noticed a part of the boy’s face was burnt.

Opion reportedly confessed that she had slapped the boy with a hot spoon while they were cooking. In retaliation, Oru decided to burn the maid’s face.

”I said okay, don’t worry. What you did to him, I will also do to you. As I was trying to do to her, the same thing, she was struggling.

I and my sister, we were telling her to keep her face steady so that the hot spoon will not touch all her face, but she refused. So the thing now burnt her face like this,’’ the pastor said.

Juliet Konodufaowei Senior Special Assistant to the Bayelsa State Governor on Girl Child Education, stated that Oru will be charged for the violence she inflicted on the child.

This is wickedness. There are better ways you can train a child. It is because she is not her biological child; that is why she is treating her like this.“So we can’t take this. She is going to be charged,” said Konodufaowei.

Photo Credit: www.uncultured.com

1. lizcherry

June 2, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I know what the woman did was not good but the girl sef is a WICKED person.I rarely use that word but i say this becos i dont know what a 1 month old baby will do to you that deserves you hitting him/here not too talk of with a hot spoon and i’m sure she didnt bother to take the boy to be treated.I just wonder………….

• slice

June 2, 2014 at 6:31 pm

leaving aside the all stupid issue of having a 10year take care of a baby, i may have burned her myself before coming to my senses if she actually burned my child.

• omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

June 2, 2014 at 7:19 pm

I agree with you slice…..as a mother first instinct would probably be to burn the girl back. We are only human and sometimes we handle certain issues irrationally.
      Trust After Infidelity- Is It Possible?- click my name to read more and share your thoughts.

2. stupidityslayer

June 2, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Pastor!!!! You left your 1 month old grandson with a house help, not just a house help but a 10 year old house help and you are surprised she abused him???? You shediot should be arrested for child neglect as well. Stupid b**ch!!!

3. Ada

June 2, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Let me get this straight she left a one month old baby for a 10 year old child to look after? Odiegwu! Such cruelty.

4. @edDREAMZ

June 2, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Wickedness at its peak…. Justice will definately be served no doubt…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

5. lulu

June 2, 2014 at 6:36 pm

The kid is also evil…iam thinking she alwas does alot of wicked stuff and the pastor just got fed up…NO PITY!!!

6. First Daughter

June 2, 2014 at 7:58 pm

The write up says one-year old grandson

7. Kei

June 2, 2014 at 9:11 pm

The kid is evil?!! Oh really? Why is a 10 year old a househelp in the first place? Even for a grown up, is it easy taking care of a 1 month child? How do you get comfortable giving a 1 month baby to another baby?
    For those of you that are blind to fact that the housemaid is a kid, imagine yourself at 10 years and being in sole responsibility of a 1 month child and then comment!!

8. buchi

June 3, 2014 at 12:18 pm

The article says 1 year old grandson oooo

9. Guest

June 3, 2014 at 5:45 pm

First of all, its a one year old. Secondly, please people, u all r acting surprised that a 10year is a housemaid. This can only be surprising if u do not live in Nigeria or even in many third world nations. If u do live in Nigeria and such places, this is common practice. Not a good practice, but in Nigeria, it is the Norm….though it can be considered early babysitting job skill. Thirdly, the child-10year is wicked to have done that to a one year old, as in really!! So, what punishment would suffice for this housemaid for what she did to a ward? Fourth, the Pastors retaliation is a bit much but its to teach the girl a lesson. I for sure will remember it for life that I do not do to others what I don’t want done to myself. Plus the main reason we are reading this is because am sure the pastor is a well known person and to make noise. Am all for curtailing child abuse and all methods of care should be taken.