News

Yay or Nay? N20M in Exchange For Your Nigerian Citizenship! | Watch Responses on Battabox

We love the guys at Battabox because they keep it real 24/7! In this latest video from them, they ask Nigerians in Lagos if they’ll give up their Nigerian citizenship in exchange for N20M.

The responses are very interesting.

Watch the video here and share your thoughts below:

1. Uju

June 9, 2014 at 3:29 pm

It depends………..give it up for what citezenship?
    British?………in a heartbeat yes!
    Canadian?…………..of course!
    Ghanaian…………….not so sure
    Become stateless?……………..I ll pass

• Ndubuisi

June 9, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Trust me the western world is no longer what it use to be many people who live in U.S and UK are looking for a way to comeback to Nigeria but for you who have not visited these countries you might find it hard to believe. the best opportunity is in Nigeria but only if you are smart enough to figure it out.

• Olanma

June 9, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Ndubuisi,
      You are so smart! Best comment ever.
      By the way, Canadian passport is crap, compared to the other western countries. I have one so I know.

• omoibo

June 10, 2014 at 3:45 am

Speak for yourself buddy! I was just in Nigeria visiting recently and it ain’t nothing to write home about pal… So with that being said, to each and its own……..
      The people professing there lover for naija in the video when asked to give two reason for their love for naija could not come up with a concrete answer.

2. flay

June 9, 2014 at 3:32 pm

it depends on many factors
    flayvour360.com

3. Vics

June 9, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Interesting! The best response to me: ‘ I know if I remain in Nigeria I can make more than d 20million. True that! Nigeria is a tough place but also a place of opportunities.

4. @edDREAMZ

June 9, 2014 at 3:56 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    For US, a very big yes….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

5. pipi

June 9, 2014 at 4:08 pm

I would collect american citizenship and return back to nigeria to work… simples

6. Missvee

June 9, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Definately a yes then will later come back. Please ed when are you coming bk frm jupiter???????

7. kola

June 9, 2014 at 4:18 pm

na wa o. nigerians r just hilarious. u want make dem give u N20million AND us/uk citizenship? because of why abeg? smh

8. Tolulope

June 9, 2014 at 4:26 pm

It will take you less than a million Naira to buy back your Naija Citizenship…….so take the money for an American Citizenship, then buy back your Naija Citizenship….dual Citizenship things….lol

9. lex

June 9, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Naira not nera for goodness sake.

10. Nma

June 9, 2014 at 4:40 pm

LMAOOO these Battabox interviews leave me in stitches every time!
    What do u love about ur country?? Ummmm….the colors…the complexions. lmao

11. Datbeautifulgirl

June 9, 2014 at 5:09 pm

ndi asi,,as if when they bring togo passport u pple wont jump at it…nigerian passoport cant take u anywhere! i will deny it more then peter denied Jesus..without offering me moni sef..for free i will

• Igbeyinadun

June 9, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Chei, wetin Naija do you so?

• mrs N

June 10, 2014 at 11:47 am

Best comment…

12. Loulou

June 9, 2014 at 5:12 pm

OMG!!! Tafawa Balewa on N10 note? And they love Nigeria,yea right!
    I will take it and make something of it out there where the money will have more value than Nigeria, then come back to Nigeria and establish something…

13. Ndubuisi

June 9, 2014 at 5:36 pm

I feel sorry for all of you who think selling out your country to go to US or UK will solve your problems because it will not. these countries are design for you to work for them all the money you make will rotate back into there pocket. i know it might be hard for you to believe until you visit but one thing i will tell you is Nigeria is still one of the best countries in the world to achieve success but the problem is, those that have figured it out don’t want to share the secret to others.

• Soraya

June 9, 2014 at 7:37 pm

What a funny answer- those that know the secrets don’t want to share

• omoibo

June 10, 2014 at 3:48 am

@Ndubisi, He is only being a typical Nigerian with his answers. A whole lot of talk with nothing of value to offer.

• funny

June 10, 2014 at 5:47 am

Like you said, they wont believe because they have not been there. If only they knew sha.

14. Danie

June 9, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Funny enough, all these misconceptions about the grass being greener at the other side, end when u actually travel and stay there for some time. Nigeria is the best place to make money at the moment because its a developing country. Ask all the people that have moved back or are currently living abroad. In my opinion, get what you want from wherever your abroad is, and come back to Nigeria. You don’t see people just dashing you money here, you work for every single penny/cent u get. I think Nigeria needs some more time to grow. Apart from easily accessible internet which is the best way u can get defrauded, an organised system and 24 hours light, you can eat your cake and have it in Nigeria, esp all osho free lovers.

15. Jade

June 9, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Snooze fest.

16. me ma sef

June 9, 2014 at 6:51 pm

you know when you don’t even know wetin good about your country and someone asks you, “so, what do you love about Nigeria” and you say, “…you know…the colour…the complexion” LWKMD forget the economy, the infrastructural development, the transparent and accountable political atmosphere, the reverence for the rule of law, the peace and harmony, the tidiness, the availability of basic amenities…no, na d colour I like pass, Mchew! Abeg, where can I collect 20 million to denounce my nationality sef.

17. SandraGrace

June 9, 2014 at 7:01 pm

There is no place like home.A man knows not where he is going if he doesnt know where he is coming from.If they like they can get all the visas and green cards wey dey dis world but in the end It is still Nigerian blood flowing in ur veins and u are still a visitor in another mans household and if comes times of hardship or difficulty all of that hospitality will be out the window because what person will care for a stranger when their family is in trouble. Ghana must Go times goes both ways. P.S I am a Nigerian living in Europe,Ireland to be specific-just in case someone want to try and say something.That is all

• John Bosco

June 9, 2014 at 10:27 pm

There are certain situations in Nigeria, where you will be treated as a second class citizen based on your tribe? With stupid things like Federal Character, a person can get something based on where he is from and not on Merit. There are so many examples, especially in the public sector.

18. jennietobbie

June 9, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Lmaoooo. Wow. I’ve tried to turn off being Nigerian but I’m hardcore in love with that country. So keep the 20M, let me keep my hope alive!! 🙂 🙂

19. Tex

June 9, 2014 at 9:52 pm

20 million naira is nothing. If they had said 20 million pounds, then yes, I fit burn that my green passport. Sorry Naija, but it’s the truth o.

20. John Bosco

June 9, 2014 at 10:28 pm

The funniest thing about this video, is how they each struggle to mention two REASONABLE things they love about Nigeria.

21. omoibo