Music

“I Was Thoroughly Embarrased” – Kcee says He was Quizzed about Chibok Girls in the U.S

BellaNaija.com

Kcee - August 2014 - Chibok Girls - BN Music - BellaNaija.com 01
Today Thursday 14th August 2014, makes it the 122nd day since the school girls in the Chibok area of Borno state were abducted by Islamist militant sect Boko Haram in April.

At PMAN‘s (Performing Musicians Employee Association of Nigeria) peace pet project tagged Lighting Up The Unity Flame, held earlier in the week at the PMAN office in Opebi, Lagos, Kcee told reporters that he was quizzed about the girls while on tour in America.

The “Limpopo” star said he was thoroughly embarrassed by questions on if the girls had been found.

He said;

“I was thoroughly embarrassed in the US a couple of days ago while I was on tour. In New York, the airport cab driver who took me to my hotel, as soon as he discovered I was Nigerian asked, ‘have they found those girls.’ I was so embarrassed I had nothing to say.

Again it happened in Los Angeles when another cab man asked me the same question.

Can you imagine a cab man saying that? It was very embarrassing and I realised that whether we like it or not, where ever we find ourselves in the world, we must defend the image of our country but we have to start from the very source of this problems.

That’s the reason I have come out to support PMAN today as it unveils its pet project which is the lighting of the unity flame.

Today it is Ebola, tomorrow it is Boko Haram and before you say Jack Robinson, it’s kidnapping. We all need to pull our resources together to make change, we have the capacity to do that.”

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. bruno

August 14, 2014 at 11:16 am

I’m sure that cab driver was white, u can see the concern, 200 or more girls missing,it is terrible,having a nigerian passport has caused me some discomfort in the past, I hate being nigerian, but I love the tribe I come from, I wonder how I can separate the two. By the way “can you imagine a cab driver” mr kcee what do you mean, cab drivers in america are educated and have televisions at home so they know what is going around the world, just because he is a cab driver that doesn’t mean u are better than him. He is an american so he is better than u in all ways, u are nigerian don’t forget that, nonsense

• Beebee

August 14, 2014 at 11:57 am

“He is an american so he is better than u in all ways, u are nigerian don’t forget that, nonsense”. This here is what is wrong with people. Your comment shows how pathetic you are. HE’s American, so bloody what? Nationality, skin colour aside, we are all humans. Your nationality does not in any way make you better or lesser than another. You are obviously someone with self esteem issues. And you wonder why most of Africa remains backward. It’s people like you that give these so called “Whites” the guts to think they’re the superior race. You are obviously frustrated at the fact that you were not born white. Please keep your negativity and backward thinking to yourself. Minorities already have enough issues as it is without thoughtless beings like you spouting nonsense.

• bruno

August 14, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Why won’t people agree, white is better than black, white has been to the moon, even the jesus christ you worship is white many of you people read and interpret ma comments with anger in ur hearts, I will always say the truth its bitter, I don’t need attention,I am a 6 foot 4 handsome young man men and women give me attention all day, so all of u people calling me an attention seeker, na una sabi.

• Debbie Ade

August 14, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Bruno. Do u have any common sense at all? I doubt it. U don’t have any sense. So because someone is American, that makes him better than a Nigerian? C’mmon!

• I pajamas lee

August 14, 2014 at 7:48 pm

hey, stop arguing, who told you the guy was a white, I never see a white guy driving a cab, it common among blacks, pls drop it….mtchew

• yOMI bLACK

August 28, 2014 at 10:31 am

thanks bruno na goat, what are you doin here in the first place disaasiociate yourself from everything nigerian monkey you cant wipe off who you are if you like buy citizenship else where goat na goat no matter what

• Introvert

August 14, 2014 at 12:14 pm

“HE IS AN AMERICAN SO HE IS BETTER THAN YOU”

Really?! Mr, You need help!

• Igbeyinadun

August 14, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I now know that you say silly things so people can comment on them, you cannot possible believe what you have written! again you are exactly like Samuel L Jackson’s character in Django Unchained!!! Stupid Stephen!

• Jackie Onassis

August 14, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Oh Bruno !!! You are a true MORON with a capital M…

• so diva

August 14, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Bruno the truth is that Nigeria is not even proud to have a citizen like you cause you are an under-achiever and a low life miscreant. How do I know this?(you must be wondering right). I don’t know you personally but from the attitude you have displayed on this blog I know you must be frustrated and bitter about life and with that attitude you cant go far in life. Change your mindset

• Jane Public

August 14, 2014 at 2:10 pm

You know @bruno’s greatest regret in life? He was born black and no matter whatever views he has, he will always remain black. If you like think like them, act like them, walk like them, bleach sef, you will never be white. You get into their country, you will be treated the same. So, if you like bend over (oops, that is probably your favourite position in life, lol) and play Uncle Tom, you will ALWAYS remain black. They will never accept you as one of them. Sadly, you don’t even have the money, clout, intelligence, or fame for them to even tolerate you sef, The Lord who created you sure does have a sense of humour. You don’t need to believe in HIm, but it must sure hurt you to your bone that you are black, Nigerian on top. Gosh, I feel quite sad for you because you are never going to know what happiness and peace in your own skin feels like. The eternal rush to be someone else or like someone else will never bring you acceptance. Learn to love yourself and your skin bruno. This self hate will poision your soul, if it hasn’t started already cos as a Bella Naijarian on the Robin Williams post beautifully wrote “so stop feeling special like you have something to prove. It reeks of desperation. What is more amusing (and somewhat pitiful) is that based on your comments you don’t even appear to be a nice person religion aside, so really you’re not an ambassador for any beliefs worth converting to.” GBAM!!!!

• Pat

August 14, 2014 at 6:45 pm

@ Jane u got wisdom.. Y hit the nail on the head. U said it all.

• Pat

August 14, 2014 at 6:45 pm

*you*

• jum jum

August 14, 2014 at 2:18 pm

what has that got to do with whether the cab man is black or white.

• bruno

August 14, 2014 at 2:41 pm

All you mumus throwing insults here and there, I have one question for you, is being a nigerian better than being an american? Answer me, my own answer is NO, I will trade ma citizenship for an american one in a heart beat, and I know many of u people will do the same, so keep deceiving yourselves

• Babytohcute

August 14, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Who is stopping you? With this level of bitterness, one would have thought you had already done that. Person tie your leg or winch hold you for here? “Change the things you can and accept that which you can’t”

• Debbie Ade

August 14, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I am an American and there’s no biggie about it. U must have gone from d village straight to America in order to have ur kind of mentality so I don’t blame u. What do u do in America? Oh sorry, I forgot u work in McDonald’s!

• tee

August 14, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Dumb Dumber Dummest comment in history

• tee

August 14, 2014 at 6:40 pm

@ bruno 6 foot 4 (lol) anti christ. Y won’t you get attention, when u know your mission here on earth. By the way not everyone is easily fooled.

• nira

August 14, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Mr bruno, u hate being nigerian n hates everything nigerian but u still take time out to visit a nigerian blog, and i’m sure you refresh all the time cos u comment on almost every post. Smh for u.u should bury ur face in shame. Shiooo

• AFKAO

August 16, 2014 at 12:23 am

Uncle Bruno, Jesus was Hebrew. Please get your facts straight and do some due diligence prior to typing as it certainly would help you.. It’s not every opinion or thought that comes across your mind that has to be typed out or shared.

2. Emem

August 14, 2014 at 11:20 am

Nice one Kcee but as a star, should you be taking cab all over the place??? Shouldn’t the promoters of your tour be able to organize chauffeur service for you????

• Uche

August 14, 2014 at 11:38 am

Errmmm…. my tots exactly!!!

• slice

August 14, 2014 at 12:19 pm

But that’s how the money finishes before they even have a chance to make it

• Debbie Ade

August 14, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Cab driver, chauffeur…same thing! What’s ur own with whether he takes a cab? I live in the US. Brand new cars are used at taxes in different places!

• Dinky

August 14, 2014 at 2:11 pm

the mouth of a fool pours forth foolishness…….

3. TexasHausaGirl

August 14, 2014 at 11:43 am

Bruno so you’re a Nigerian, but in another comment you posted on “the Unarmed African American that was shot by the Ferguson Police,” you said “the worst thing that cn happen to anyone is to be black” I’m paraphrasing here.
    That’s what happens when a short dude, with little d….ck syndrome writes, always striving so hard to be heard, even if its unnecessary

• Jane Public

August 14, 2014 at 2:14 pm

He is a 6ft 4 handsome young man who men and women give attention everyday. Biggest joke of the year. I almost fell off laughing. One doesn’t need to be a shrink to know that it is people who seek attention that write comments like his online. For him to even type I am a 6ft 4 young man yadi yadi yada even further confirms it. Those that are self assured and self secure in themselves are not full of self hate. it is like typing online I am rich, I am beautiful, I am this, I am that. Those who are don’t go announcing themselves. Anyone can be “important” online. Thankfully that is where his sphere of importance in life starts and ends. We don’t need his kind making decisions or being influential. 6ft 4. Unkulu oniro. Remove an entire foot please, then we can talk.

4. TexasHausaGirl

August 14, 2014 at 11:48 am

@ Bruno, so “because he’s a cab driver in America, he’s better than A Nigerian?” This has shown me you haven’t traveled outside the four corners of your village. I was born in Texas, and still lives there, but whenever I encounter people like you with so much inferiority complexes, and catastrophically low self- esteem, it bothers me, not only are you very insane, you’re not in touch with reality

5. kechi

August 14, 2014 at 11:50 am

@ Emem very funny lols chei

6. MC

August 14, 2014 at 11:57 am

So he wasn’t embarrassed by his outfit!?!?
    what is he wearing??????

…My eyes, my poor eyes.

• Igbeyinadun

August 14, 2014 at 1:56 pm

lol

• Thatgidigirl

August 14, 2014 at 2:34 pm

LMAO!!! why na?

• Ewa

August 14, 2014 at 3:53 pm

LMAO!!!

7. bishop

August 14, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Oga kc done talk..like we dint knw they’v gone missing

8. Chaz

August 14, 2014 at 12:22 pm

People people, maybe Bruno was being sarchastic about Nigerians being lesser to Americans? Besides most Americans white or not already think they are better than us and that’s a fact. (the way they think). But anyway what KCEE is saying is nothing unusual, our country is NEVER painted with a good light in international news so you will always have to defend it. Even if you’re buying all the Gucci in the world, they think you did 419 to get the money to buy it so the fact is we have a long way to go in fixing our country let alone getting positive feedback from the international stage.

9. @edDREAMZ

August 14, 2014 at 12:25 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    I hate the fact am nigerian and thats fact…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Babytohcute

August 14, 2014 at 2:48 pm

E no hard now. Change nationality. Just travel out, never return, get passport, gbam! Someone said, …”help us to change the things we can and help us to accept that which we can not”

10. Ibinabo

August 14, 2014 at 1:00 pm

thoroughly embarrassed?! …by the questions from the 2 guys or his outfit?

11. Jackie Onassis

August 14, 2014 at 1:06 pm

It is because you don’t care about the girls! Beside you don’t have nothing in your brains beside music with your PINKISH OUTFIT.. LIKE MARINA COOPER WOMAN.. nonsense

12. shannaro

August 14, 2014 at 1:06 pm

*blinks* i dnt get it what is there to defend here?newsflash New York pauper watches cnn/bbc/aljazeera/gbc/wttf and outrages bollywood star from Niger

13. Robin Hood

August 14, 2014 at 1:25 pm

@Bruno…………………………………… Just today, you have 2 made comments that disparage your race and country and have attracted the bile of devout BN commentators. take some time off social media to calm your frayed nerves before the moderators decide to blacklist you. before long you may behave like the Samuel L Jackson character in Django.
    am not offended, but some others may not take it lightly. Your case is like those who go for cosmetic surgery and hope their offspring will be different from their original self.

• bruno

August 14, 2014 at 2:36 pm

@robin hood, you want me to notice u, fine, I have noticed you, just because you just watched django unchained yesterday on Mnet, that means nobody will hear word again, biko felicia keep shut. You’re dismissed

14. Ade

August 14, 2014 at 1:28 pm

This guy knows how to wear different colour of clothes that it makes you cry.

15. C'est moi

August 14, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Driver was just trying to make conversation as they do…

16. jcsgrl

August 14, 2014 at 1:53 pm

And here I was thinking he was quizzed by immigration only to find out it was a convo btw him and cab driver….mcheeeew to power 10

• i no send

August 15, 2014 at 3:34 pm

i think he’s lying sef….just wants to create gist

17. Moyo

August 14, 2014 at 2:06 pm

why is this news

18. adelegirl

August 14, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I can’t see past that garish thing he is wearing. What on earth???

19. bobo

August 14, 2014 at 2:26 pm

that belt is embarassing

20. Tony

August 14, 2014 at 3:09 pm

@Bruno,Which village you come from?

21. SuSHi

August 14, 2014 at 3:54 pm

@ Bruno which village are you from? You still haven’t said. You are such a nincompoop, you love where you are from but you hate being a nigerian, you have succeeded in insulting your tribe, your lineage and family put together..#raised eyebrow# Biko over handsome Denzel Washington that has all the white gals in the U S of A falling @ his feet, is that all you’ve achieved in this your american life? Nigerians in the west are top surgeons, International acclaimed authors, top researchers and high flyers showing that Nigerians can hold their own amidst all the bad image and publicity. You are busy talking about tall and handsome, chaii ibu nno ewu. If you have american citizenship make volcano erupt for Borno. India or Guyana won’t even consider citizenship for you cos all you’d do is decieve teenagers and knock them up. As you don turn American overnight abeg adopt new papa and mama there and sieze to use our nigerian slangs such as mumu. As for all your fool hardy talks on religion curse GOD and sieze to exist BUFFON. And whatever thing you say to me will bounce off me and stick to your family like glue as you don disown them. @ Chinedu who is always in jupiter better leave your current job as an internet scammer in Owerri and relocate to America and cool your ass in their kirikiri all join for abroad.. I’m out #changing channel to ait#

22. el patron

August 14, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Guy from all you wrote i think you need to really educate yourself! Open your eyes and know who you are! Read More about the African people.
    He that does not know and knows not that he does not know is a FOOL! Ignore him.
    Don’t be a FOOL broda! A man that doesn’t know his history is lost man..Wake up

23. maria

August 14, 2014 at 5:04 pm

We Nigerians need to get over ourselves and stop comparing ourselves to American always it is starting to look like we live in their shadow. common seriously, there are lot of bad stuffs happening in america too some are worse than Nigeria has it, but guess what you will never see that or hear it . but we constantly let them judge us. i have not been in Nigeria in a while but i will always say the Nigeria that i left is not the Nigeria that i visited recently, it looked better and we are getting there it might be slow but i am proud of my country. but Nigerians keep underestimating their countries all the time. Rome was not built in a day american did not become the great country they are in a day it took years and years to get here but Nigerians just want to catapult there, yes we have corruption and all but guess what they have the same in america too. does Nigerians think it is bad go to Indian or some of those mid-eastern countries and you will sing how amazing Nigeria is . i went with a school NGO to India, Nigerian are complaining about electricity at least we still have the electricity though it is not reliable, we have generators and gas to get the light, we have cars and good roads to drive, in India they some parts don’t even know what electricity is is because they have never seen it before cars are luxuries they never even think they can ever have and water that every human needs and should have in out of sight they travel mile to get water the no Nigerian will ever think of drinking guess what they drink it. so why are we always putting our country down and giving Americans the leverage to think we are worth nothing i defend my country every where i go i am in american and say something bad about my country and i will stand by it I am proudly NIGERIAN and i know it will only get better.

24. snoopy

August 14, 2014 at 5:19 pm

air jordan belt on suit rubbish…..wack style

25. annonymos

August 14, 2014 at 5:43 pm

all you Nigerians that are fed up of being Nigerians, abeg Iraq they find citizens ooo

26. jirla

August 14, 2014 at 8:17 pm

hahaha Iraq! bruno dont waste time o….. this could be your chance

27. NNENNE

August 14, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Why look down on a cab driver, though.
    That’s the problem with Nigerians. Everyone can’t be a professor. Each and every one of us have a great role to play in society. ..cleaners, errand runners and all. There’s dignity in labor.
    Plus most cab drivers in the US are very educated too.

28. Nnena

August 21, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Am done @bruno u nid timeout to urself.get a life man.na wetin seff.ei no mata side weh person watch njango unchained all bi say de persin watcham.pull urself in2 d 21st cent boo