News

Nasarawa Man Arrested for Stabbing Wife to Death for Infecting Him with HIV

BellaNaija.com

Phillip Katongu - August 2014 - BN News - BellaNaija.com 01
Phillip Katongu, a man who comes from Wamba, Nasarawa State, has been arrested by the operatives of the Department of Criminal Investigations, Yaba, Lagos for allegedly stabbing his wife to death.

According to the police report, his late wife Justina was stabbed in three places in their home in Oniru Estate, Maroko, Lagos.

Katongu revealed that he has a wife in Nasarawa, and the deceased was his second wife. He tried to commit suicide after killing his wife, but neighbours forced their way in and immediately rushed him to the nearest hospital.

He explains that his reason for killing was because she had infected him with HIV.
“I married Justina, my second wife in December 2010. I later learnt that she had given birth to two girls for a man. The girls died of AIDS.

However, when we first met, she did not tell me all these. I explained to her that I have a wife with children and I wanted to marry her too. Before marriage, I told her we should go to hospital to conduct HIV test, but she refused and said that she was HIV negative. So we started sleeping together.”

She later told him about her status.
“I was angry and told the doctor who equally blamed her for not disclosing it to me. The doctor then tested me, and I was positive. We came back to Lagos and continued with the relationship because I loved her. But suddenly, she told me she wanted to pack out from my house that she was no longer interested in marrying me having had another person in Abuja. In fact, the man usually called her on phone while we were together.

I told her that with her status, she should not go and be infecting people with the virus. And that I will kill her and kill myself. We started fighting and I stabbed her. It was in the early hours. I stabbed her three times with a knife. She shouted and people were knocking at our door.

After she died, I stabbed myself, and the people broke the door open. I woke up to find myself in a hospital. I feel very bad that I killed my wife. I loved her very much.”

The murder weapon has also been recovered by the police.

Punch was first to report the story.

1. benny

August 11, 2014 at 7:08 am

U left ur family; an established family to pursue new woman. No sympathies here. U wld have gotten away with it if u were in nassarawa but this is lagos… good luck with your trial 🙂

• jennietobbie

August 11, 2014 at 2:04 pm

“But this is Lagos”

🙂 🙂 🙂

2. oj

August 11, 2014 at 8:22 am

wetin u go find with another woman?

3. bruno

August 11, 2014 at 8:53 am

Where are all those fools who say HIV is a gay disease, the spread of HIV in africa is because of you straight people,because of your ignorance, polygamy and superstitious ways.

4. Authentic Sunshine

August 11, 2014 at 8:58 am

So so sad. Bless this man. Ah ah which kain life be this sef…….sighs.

5. Uyai

August 11, 2014 at 9:45 am

So when she refused to take the HIV test you demand you deemed it wise to sleep with her anyway? Hmmm, makes perfect sense…(not!). You are a nincompoop, in case you don’t know. No one is buying your story. What was wrong w/ your first wife that you needed to marry a second one? As far as I’m concerned you’re a liar, an adulterer, and a murder. May God have mercy on your soul.

6. Nahum

August 11, 2014 at 9:47 am

All these men that like to keep mistresses, there is a nemesis for y’all.

7. wallpaper

August 11, 2014 at 11:13 am

What does the fact that he comes from NASSARAWA state have to do with anything? Why is it important enough to be part of the headline?

8. Gorgeous

August 11, 2014 at 11:17 am

This man did the world a favor. That wicked woman has probably infected the married idiot in Abuja. This is wickedness o. Even the death of her children did not stop her. It is really an eye opener that there are a lot of psychopaths out there. I really pity the women that look away when their man cheats. Considering this one has another wife. Probably infected because of this killer he is obsessed with. What a life? Was the first wife not better off on her own? Women, indulge cheats at your own detriment. And please always get tested