Events

Pres. Jonathan, AY, Namadi Sambo, Lepacious Bose at Private Screening of Omoni Oboli’s Movie at the Villa

BellaNaija.com

Omoni Oboli at Presidential Villa - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01 (1)
As BN earlier reported, Nollywood actress Omoni Oboli was invited by President Goodluck Jonathan for the private screening of her movie – Being Mrs Elliot.

The screening took place yesterday Thursday 14th August at the Presidential Banquet Hall, State House, Abuja.

At the private affair, the movie star dressed in blue met with other dignitaries including Vice President Namadi Sambo.

AY Makun, Lepacious Bose, Mahmood Ali-Balogun, and Chioma Ude were also invited.
Omoni Oboli at Presidential Villa - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01 (4) Omoni Oboli at Presidential Villa - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01 (3) Omoni Oboli at Presidential Villa - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01 (2)
Photo Credit: Reuben Abati

1. bake

August 15, 2014 at 9:03 pm

haba omoni you really dissappointed me with this choice of dress you picked to meet with the president….. You look really uncomfortable. i would have expected someone like susan to wear this and not you *in tears*

• BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

August 16, 2014 at 4:33 am

I AGREE WITH YOU…….THUMBS DOWN/FALLS HAND(S).

2. Memx

August 15, 2014 at 9:06 pm

These amongst many other things make me grieve for Nigeria ….I don’t understand

3. Wow

August 15, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Why on earth would you dress like that to meet your president? Haba this is too much!

4. Lulu

August 15, 2014 at 9:10 pm

But how can a woman, married at that wear this kind of thing to see the PRESIDENT? Anywhere in the world this is abominable. I am lost! Congrats sha

5. koseyan

August 15, 2014 at 9:13 pm

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!Your one chance at meeting the president for a private screening and you come looking trashy???U for call ur mentor Omotola naaa…she’d NEVER have gone this way.Even if u cant afford Iconic Invanity (that OmoT woulda worn),e for better to wear Mrs Elliot branded Tshirt with jeans!
    You look PATHETHIC!!!!
    ps-has GEJ seen HOAY?just wondering,,,:-)

6. Lulu

August 15, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Look at how Beyonce dresses whenever she sees the president. The dress lacks class and tact. Market of life. Shocked fan had to comment twice

• Anonymous

August 15, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Honestly. Despite her raunchy outfits in videos, she knows how to dress appropriately when the need arises.
      Omoni disappointed me big time with this dress, very poor taste.

7. sadidy

August 15, 2014 at 9:15 pm

chei. theris a God in heaven, this is what Jonathan is doing while we have major crisis in the country. ebola is killing people and teaching hospitals are empty and Jonathan is watching feem? God will judge sha

• Meeee

August 15, 2014 at 9:46 pm

U read my mind!!! With the chaos in the country, they all shamelessly have the guts to watch a movie. Gosh! This guy is a huge failure, and his advisors if I may add.

8. chai

August 15, 2014 at 9:16 pm

A woman that is normally decent suddenly decides to go like this to aso rock. Almost like she is marketing other stuff. There is really no difference between Paul and Barnabas. Shame. Big Shame.

• CocoI

August 15, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I agree with you, she usually knows how to dress and conduct herself. She looks like she went there to audition to be his mistress.

• Sugar

August 18, 2014 at 8:36 am

I thought so too, always modest and almost boring if you ask me. I feel so embarrassed for her truly, maybe she’s overwhelmed.

9. TheMaestress

August 15, 2014 at 9:16 pm

That was a very choice of dress. After all the criticism you received from the general populace about your directorial abilities, you should want to present yourself in a light that shows you merited this screening based on merit and not because of your feminine assets/wiles.

Now the conversation is not going to b about your work, but about your mostly uncovered chest; that might not be fair, but that’s the way it is. Wisdom is the principal thing.

10. wew

August 15, 2014 at 9:17 pm

omoni obil’s looks desperate and should never be allowed near the president.

11. Na Wa

August 15, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Rubbish! Abeg, is she selling breast or what????

12. SunanaAmina

August 15, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Omoni SMH 4 u

13. Shadie

August 15, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Goody two shoes woman always critizing and judging others. Just look at what you wore to Aso rock and your husband is nowhere around. Hmmmm nawa ooo.

• nene

August 16, 2014 at 1:43 am

don’t mind her. little miss perfect.

14. bake

August 15, 2014 at 9:29 pm

lol @ wew is she a “biohazard”

15. nnenna

August 15, 2014 at 9:30 pm

This is sooooo pathetic.i have always known this girl was skanky.how on earth,can a married woman,go out to meen Men,dressed like a hooker,for what?this is a shame.you remember when she was implicated in that play with her married friend and a niger delta Governor??such a shame that her husband would let her leave the house dressed like that if she wasn’t on a mission……

• Leah

August 16, 2014 at 12:53 am

Chika Ike is showing them that runs at the top pays. I usually respect Omoni for the way she carries herself, but you’re right, she was implicated in that scandal a while back.

16. frankliet

August 15, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Oh Omoni. See what you’ve caused now.

17. Beeee

August 15, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Highly disappointed

18. Pink

August 15, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Very inappriopriate way to dress to such a meeting. Smh

19. del

August 15, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Married ke? We know how their marriages are jare, all these ones wey knw how dem dey take do tings. not disappointed ,she don land the oga at de top attention nw make she complete the show. E bi like say mama p no dey town nw.

• nene

August 16, 2014 at 1:44 am

you know them well. hollywood actresses are prostitutes, single and married.

20. Virtuous woman

August 15, 2014 at 9:43 pm

No! No!! No!!! People hold you in much higher esteem and expect way better than this very inappropriate dressing. You single handedly threw away the glory that would have come with this private screening. With what you are wearing, it will be difficult and almost impossible to convince anyone that you went to showcase your hard work. Even though one never gets a second chance to make a good first impression, if you get another opportunity like this, please dress the way you would want to be addressed. Thank God Patience Jonathan wasn’t at that screening, I wonder what she would have done or said- maybe we wouldn’t be looking at these pictures.

21. Mz Danielle

August 15, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Warrisdis!!! I’m highly disappointed. Y d bare-chest? Is she going for seduction? I jst lost my respect for ds actress.

22. Ladi Michael

August 15, 2014 at 9:52 pm

I’m so dissapointed at Omoli’s dress.. Haba! Ur dress speaks 4 u.. Dress well 2 be address well.

23. TrueTalk

August 15, 2014 at 9:53 pm

She is dressed to run for 2015 elections, if you know what I mean. Wink! Wink!
    Make una no put sand in her garri.

24. chidimma

August 15, 2014 at 9:59 pm

before even seeing the president in other serious countries, ‘wardrobe rehearsal’ of some sort is done with the aso rock stylist. so your conscience gree u comot like this? omoni it must have been replaced with ice block!

25. Aminah

August 15, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Misplaced Priority! SMH…

26. ibiye

August 15, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Am embarrassed as a woman,Omoni have alwys. respected you,sorry you lost it.

27. ib

August 15, 2014 at 10:15 pm

I bet Omoni had hidden intentions,na wa for her o did she suddenly lose her eyes or her mirrors were stolen??

28. daisy

August 15, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I thought I was the only one who noticed this sef. Too tacky. Not cool bae, not cool!

29. Desert Rainbow

August 15, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Oh oh ya oh! Ekete ekwupula ike!!! (The bottom of the basket has fallen off!) Omoni,who do you this kin tin oh????

30. deb

August 15, 2014 at 10:33 pm

OMG. I saw the dress and I was put off. Right atmosphere wrong dress. I think the president shud av privately screened HOAYS, which will make us assume the president is intellectual in arts, reality&history.

31. Choice

August 15, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Hmmm what’s the reason behind this look of hers?? This film called screening that happened in presidential villa is not clear to me + hussy watching this happening to his wife erh,…There’s God OooO

32. Xala

August 15, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Omoni case is when God decides to bless you and your enemies ‘sit down’ on your matter! For the life of me, I can not figure out why she would do this to herself. Tacky and trashy. She just soiled her brand.

33. Pweedy

August 15, 2014 at 11:05 pm

This is a clear sign of desperation on her part. She should bow her head in shame over such an outfit to meet the first gentleman of Nigeria. So tacky and trashy am not gonna spare her on this

34. Dizzy

August 15, 2014 at 11:16 pm

OYA make I join !

DRESSING DRESSING oh the DRESSING!!
    DRESSING ooooohhhh!!! DID YOU NOTICE THE DRESSING ?!?!
    Married woman, DRESSING
    Director, DRESSING
    Aso rock, DRESSING
    President, DRESSING
    DRESSING DRESSING DRESSING !! Phew!

35. Mama mia

August 15, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Atleast, you should have held a jacket or something! Haba Omoni!

36. Stella Otuore

August 15, 2014 at 11:23 pm

I really need to know what is so great about meeting Jonathan ebola bad luck? The last time I checked film screenings are done in the cinemas not Aso Rock villa with a heartless president and politicians who have no soul or care for the chibok missing girls or ebola affected victims. President Jonathan Ebola Bad luck your end is near no 2015 for you except you rig it then

37. Mz Socially Awkward...

August 15, 2014 at 11:43 pm

What irritates me and gets my goat the most is that she was in a meeting with the kind of powerful Nigerian men who tend to consider women as chattel/entertainment. And instead of presenting her brand like a serious business woman, she decided to let her boobs do the talking… I mean, look at Jonathan smiling like a loon in that first photo.

Omoni is just hopelessly clueless.

38. ayodele

August 15, 2014 at 11:52 pm

I’m so surprised, she needs to fire her stylist what was she thinking going to the villa dressed like this?

39. Buchi

August 16, 2014 at 12:02 am

Shebi na private screening dey call am? Maybe she thought it’ll be just her and Presido present 😉

40. Rhecks

August 16, 2014 at 12:10 am

It’s a pity I always considered her to be a D-list actress. And now, she wore this trashy dress to Aso Rock? Smh….

41. Me2me

August 16, 2014 at 12:10 am

I doubt she ever had a brand. See what I know about Nollywood, because you lack talent and therefore almost jobless, you decide that if they won’t let you act, ull study directing and direct yourself. No people, that’s not how It works. If you don’t have talent, best start looking for your true passion, it could be just directing, producing, lighting or editing. As for your look, you simply embarrassed yourself. Its not even one expensive outfit sef.

42. Shadie

August 16, 2014 at 12:58 am

I don’t get the familiarity. You are shaking the President hand and you are busy talking to someone else. Too comfortable and disrespectful not that he even deserves it.

43. kenora

August 16, 2014 at 1:36 am

u guys should free this girl abeg una..i know is not right to dress the way she did..but is her life..

44. nene

August 16, 2014 at 1:41 am

and when people call nollywood actresses prostitutes, they get angry, but we all know the truth. all the times she dresses appropriately on red carpets, but she chose to wear this dress to see the president and other “big men”. useless people.

45. nene

August 16, 2014 at 1:42 am

i now believe what people say about her marriage with her husband.. he allows his wife pimp herself out.

46. ao

August 16, 2014 at 1:47 am

I’m not saying the dress was appropriate for the occasion, but we cannot condemn her to damnation just for one faux pas. People display bad judgement often and it seems this is the one that may haunt her for a while. In her defense, I’ve interacted with Omoni and the dress does not reflect who I perceived her to be.

47. Mary

August 16, 2014 at 1:58 am

omoni, i have always loved your humility even though you ve never been a good dresser, but who ever that made this chioce of dress to you really hates you, how could you, of all places go the presidential villa for the screening of your movies dressed this way, you would have simply worn your normal skirt and blouse and present yourself well as a married woman, you threw away your decency, it seems that apart from the private screening of your movie, you have another hidden intention. from all indications you appeared very uncomfortable. very disappointing, green snake in a green grass, Omotola will never dress like this to such a gathering. if you cannot afford iconic invanity, at least you could have afforded other smaller designers, but not this trash. let me hear you again hashtag wife, mother, director. hisssssss

48. Kemi

August 16, 2014 at 2:23 am

Firstly, when I read about private screening of her movie with the president it really got me thinking cause I couldn’t correlate it. With her this outfit of hers, peeps I sure do get the picture 3D clear.

Second of all , I see pictures of her and her humble family and i am always like what a cute family. At this point I am gonna put Mr Oboli’s role as a husband into question as a husband

49. Kemi

August 16, 2014 at 2:31 am

Second of all, I see pictures of her and her humble family and I go what a humble family. At this point I would like to question Mr Oboli’s role as a husband. I hope you are not a figure head? Omoni If you are ever gonna be true to yourself whenever you look at this picture, you would really ask God if you could turn back the hands of time.

Between, when I saw that picture my eyes and my mouth were wide open for like a min. SMH

• Anon

August 16, 2014 at 2:57 pm

By the way not between in this context. BTW was originally between but has now taken over as by the way.

50. Aproko

August 16, 2014 at 3:01 am

@buchi ……lmaoooooo

51. Iris

August 16, 2014 at 4:50 am

I don’t even understand what this was about. Was it part of a national film festival or what? He just woke up and decided he wanted to see her movie and decided to invite her over? The random shyte things this man does… It’s like he uses them to distract himself from his responsibilities.

• sadidy

August 16, 2014 at 2:21 pm

im telling you. oh so random shyte, why did he suddenly decide to watch her movie? what so special about it? at this very period with all the issues in Nigeria for that matter.

52. Alida Rose

August 16, 2014 at 4:59 am

Omoni Oboli, I really hope you are reading these comments through! Not a single comment in commendation of you, nor your works nor your look in the photos. What does that tell you? You wouldn’t think the entire BN community conspired to bring you down… would you? Of course not! Vox Populi, Vox Dei (the voice of the people, is the voice of God). Don’t be afraid to ask for help (from a professional stylist), even if it is to cross-check your outfit (when you might think it’s perfect for you). A second opinion could make a world of difference (as would have been the case here, if you hearkened to the still small voice). Love you girl, and praying for you even more…. May God help you indeed with WISDOM to excel in all situations. For to whom much is given, much is expected. Several many young girls and women are looking up to you. And for the sake of upholding your much cherished legacy, please decide on your POSITIVE Leadership effect NOW. With Great Power (influence) comes even Greater responsibility (obligation to act aright)!!

53. Bliss

August 16, 2014 at 7:07 am

Chaiiiiiii diaris God ohhhh! Diaris God ohhhhh!! Omoni oboli, diaris God ohhhhh!! :(((.

• Muna

August 18, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Chai Omoni! All these breasts you are sharing? Na only you waka come? Diaris God uoh!

54. Jane

August 16, 2014 at 8:35 am

While Mummy Patie is in Poland, aunty Omono Oboli came around to see Daddy Jona. Diaris God in everything we are doing!

55. Fa

August 16, 2014 at 9:05 am

Omoni so it’s really now u realized u have cleavage! This is so indecent I don’t have an excuse for u

56. Tosin

August 16, 2014 at 9:43 am

That first photo: she’s like ah ahn, paparazzi inside Aso Rock again? Not the pinched-chest look I expected but maybe there’s a reason. The colour is nice.

57. Anon

August 16, 2014 at 10:27 am

The biggest runs women are married. Tomorrow she will say she is GEJ’s cousin. The way she says Uduaghan is her cousin.

58. Prisca

August 16, 2014 at 10:37 am

This is a real fatal mistake on the part of Omoni and it have now brought her reputation down and painting her fellow actresses, married women , her husband and friends in bad light. It is a shame. Must everything be sexed up to sell ? In this case, Omoni lost it. This sex thing will not sell but smells. Ebola is here !

59. Tee

August 16, 2014 at 10:41 am

Omoni,what were thinking. The outfits looks like one of the Oga at the top mistress dress not a married woman’s dress. Shame on u.

60. faith

August 16, 2014 at 11:25 am

I sure hope Omoni sees all your comments…not even 1 person supported her..chai!!…Omoni u f..ed up!!!!

61. Deeva...

August 16, 2014 at 11:42 am

The first two thoughts that came to mind when I saw the pics: what the hell are they doing watching film while there’s chaos in the country and why the heck is she wearing that??!!

• Wait...what??

August 17, 2014 at 10:11 pm

My thoughts exactly!

62. zag win

August 16, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Yes o, I am so disappointed in what Omoni chose to wear. It puts her across as a desperate person, nawa o. Just when u think some one is one of the few respectable ones out there, your jaw literally drops because of their actions.

63. Wumsbaby

August 16, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Very thrashy. Am guessing patience was away to Poland. Lol

64. Amh

August 16, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Well she had her intentions to attract the president with her small boobs. Marketing strategy. She has to make herself avaliable and memorable. Kapish. Very disrespe tful way of dressing to meet the president. Even though hes clueluess.

65. dups

August 16, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Omoni no sense in your outfit
    You definitely miss it

66. dups

August 16, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Oga jona sef dey blush

67. O g o

August 16, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Maybe the private Screening is both on her movie and her body too.Omoni don’t let fashion police sees u,agent of seduction.As for the president, iS not wrOng for him watching a movie,se! he will not enjoy himself because he is a president.abeg life is too short oo let the man enjoy

68. Http://xplorenollywood.blogspot.com

August 16, 2014 at 3:19 pm

We learn everyday, and I hope she will take this as her learning point.

69. Africhic

August 16, 2014 at 3:45 pm

This outfit makes me question why her movie was selected for the “private screening”. what was the criteria for selecting the movie, does it promote Nigeria’s brand?

70. Noksis

August 16, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Congratulations for Omoni for getting the recognition from mr president. But haba, the dressing is not good at all. I rated you higher than that. What is with boobs out.

71. fleur

August 16, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Omoni my classmate. You heard it all and no be me talk am. Even if jonah wan carry you go, you go gree?

72. Deedee

August 16, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Na wa o for some kinda of pechere saggy boob-show sha….Am seriously disappointed in u Omoni. Oga Jona, smile very well o, thats what u’re supposed to be doing abi?Don’t handle our national chaos u hear.

73. Anana

August 16, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Omoni,your dress is just a hot mess.I bet she dressed that way so she could grace one of theirs beds.

74. Rose

August 16, 2014 at 7:14 pm

My heart aches in disappointment. Whatever/whoever made her take this choice of clothing for such occasion? *sigh*

75. Oby

August 16, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Forget about jealousy, dearie u need a stylist

76. Odion

August 17, 2014 at 6:47 am

Na wa for all you commentators ! You people should leave the woman trying to sell her hustle and direct your criticism to your shameless president. Why is he leaving all the important issues on his desk to privately screen a movie?!! Is he going to share movie award? Even if he wanted to watch the movie, did he have to invite the director/ actress all the way from her husband’s house? I smell fishy business! Biko, leave trivial issues about how this actress chooses to dress, at least “thank you for coming money” will buy her a Porsche cayenne with some of our missing billions and face ya raunchy presid0. Hian!! Stop to swallowing panadol on her behalf Biko.

• Wait...what??

August 17, 2014 at 10:12 pm

You’re right o!

77. Odion

August 17, 2014 at 6:49 am

Sorry for the typo, damn auto correct! I meant ” stop swallowing”

78. kokolet

August 17, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I’m sure her paln was to go & seduce d president,married woman ko.

79. d craig

August 18, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I usually do not comment on blogs but I cant help but do so right now. Omoli this is disappointing to see you dressed like this. First of all (you may not see yourself as a role model) but some perceive that you are one. That was why you were invited to speak at the Dream Centre (Mentor’s Breakfast in partnership with GLEEHD Foundation) on the 2nd of July. Also have a similar function on the 2OTH of August where you will be on the panel with HE Onari Duke, HE Sarah Sosan and the likes. Secondly you are married and have children! You may wanna say your husband is not complaining but trust me, meeting with the President should be done formally and PROFESSIONALLY. That dress is inappropriate (you are not on a date ok). Lastly you should have represented nollywood in a better light to show that the ladies in this industry are of class not desperate. Finally I think you have not done justice to your character, family and the leader you present yourself to be.

80. Fre

August 18, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Omoni Oboli’s outfit choice is so disappointing.
    And here I was thinking all this while that she had a bit of class

81. phosh

August 19, 2014 at 1:17 am

One word- Foolish!

82. sum1special

August 19, 2014 at 10:01 am

You are meeting with the president and you dress, showing your flat boobs…wowwww..Tacky much

83. OXYGEN

August 19, 2014 at 10:25 am

OMONI FROM HER SPEECH SHE STARTED THE DOWNFALL DRESSING THAT SHOWED A WARDROBE MAL-FUNCTION,COMPLETE LOSS IN REGARS FOR THE PRESIDENT HANDSHAKE, IT SHOWS MEDIOCRITY AND A LOSS FAMILY VALUES AND SHE EVEN WENT TO MY ALMA MATA.FOR MR PRESIDENT IT SHOWS THE TASTE YOU HAVE AS REGARDS THE SINCERERITY OF PURPOSE ON THE ELECTORATES AM SURE ALL OF THEM HAD BROWN ENVELOPES AS THEY LEFT, I SAW AYO MAKUN WHO REALLY I FEEL IS ATRUCK TO BE DRAGGED BECAUSE HE WANTS TO SEE THE PRESIDENT,AND IS A SOUTH -SOUTH PAROLES ,EDWIN CLARK WHOSE PEOPLE RE IN PENURY FROM POLLUTION ,ABJECT POVERTY CAN STILL HAVE TIME TO GO AND PREVIEW MOVIES.THATS THE NIGERIAN SITUATION MEN AND WOMEN WITH EXPIRED IDEAS EVEN THE LEARNED IS A DANGEROUS TOOL THAT CAN SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF THE MASSES,THATS A NATION THAT IMPORTS FUEL,IMPORTS COAL,LEAVES THEIR GIRLS AT THE MERCY OF TERRORIST,CORRUPTION,LIES,DECEIT,INCAPACITATION.I REGRET EVER BEEN A NIGERIAN

• Virtuous woman

August 19, 2014 at 2:40 pm

You need to go and learn how to write well. To start with, you don’t write in capital letters- it says you are shouting, then your spellings and punctuation need to be worked on. With all these writing challenges, you should keep your comments short and straight to the point.

• OGD

August 19, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Not really necessary. (personal attacks)

84. OGD

August 19, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Since nollywood entered aso rock, it’s been one private scheme or another from actors. Apparently this is what works in aso rock…flaunt the body. So so disappointed in Omoni…Kai. Things Nigerians are ready to do for money and power! Kpshew!

85. Bev

August 20, 2014 at 7:30 am

I see nothing wrong with the private screening, end of. I could not care less about her marital and motherhood status.
    What I care about is this grown ass woman, dressing like she is on the red carpet, for a meeting with the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. THE PRESIDENT.
    If she has no self respect, or personal respect for the President, she should respect the office.
    Omoni has lost her ever loving mind or maybe this is who she truly is, PURE T.RASH.

86. priscy

August 22, 2014 at 10:35 am

Trash…..na only her boobi waka go screening

87. temi

September 17, 2014 at 1:46 pm

I am lost for words. The issue here is not about being married. The issue is that she had no idea of the appropriate dress to wear for various occasions. Even if single, how can you wear something that tacky to meet the president? Even slots in western countries will dress smartly to meet their president or the Queen. Secondly, i am not sure if our president is busy at all. Just imagine, the president has time to sit down for the private screening of a movie. Is this part of his presidential assignment? In fact a serious president should not be caught dead with a woman dressed like that.