News

“Pay Attention. Am I Gay?” Ex-Super Falcons Chi-chi Igbo shares Charly Boy’s Encouraging Message

BellaNaija.com

chi chi igboEx Super Falcons footballer Chi-chi Igbo often shares fun dancing videos and photos of her fit bod on Instagram.

Yesterday however, she went deep, and shared a touching message from often controversial entertainer Charly Boy.

The Area Fada known for wearing makeup and what could be considered feminine attire, encouraged the athlete to continue being herself, despite being misunderstood.

Read below…

chi chi igbo 2
Charly Boy Chi Chi Igbo 1 Charly Boy Chi Chi Igbo 2 Charly Boy Chi Chi Igbo 3

Photo Source: Instagram – @chified

1. Gorgeous

September 27, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Chi chi ibo. I have some ugu leaves to sell to you in your hometown if you are not gay. If I hear. This your open chest alone. You are trying to exercise away your breastices. Keep your stories for village people. I think people have a problem with pretenders. Be who you are, claim it, stop seeking attention and no one will care who or what you are

• Author Unknown

September 27, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Comments as yours, and promulgation of anti same-sex relationships laws are exactly what force people that are different to become “pretenders” – as you call it. If you’re comfortable in your own skin, why be so concerned what others choose to do? Me no understand.

• BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

September 27, 2014 at 8:27 pm

ROTFL…………

• BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

September 27, 2014 at 8:30 pm

CHIFIED, JUST TAKE THE LAST LINE FROM GORGEOUS’S COMMENT AND WALK WITH IT ………………

2. @ify_eva

September 27, 2014 at 2:51 pm

hmmmm……MANCHE…!!!

• BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

September 27, 2014 at 8:28 pm

ROTFL……….

3. Changing Faces

September 27, 2014 at 2:53 pm

It’s the same question I ask “why would anyone choose to be different, when it’s easier to be same”? I don’t have the answer, but I have learnt to treat people the way I want to be treated, and leave the judging to God!

• Dora the explorer

September 27, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Being the same is easy, boring lacking challenge and attention.. change/difference is alwas hard for the ‘pack’ to accept..

4. bimpe

September 27, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Eerrrmm am sorry hunny… If you don’t want to be called gay then change your perception. First time I saw your I thought to myself “is she gay”… I didnt assume you were I only questioned your sequel preference… And that the same for a lot of people. However, those who judge straight away that you are, are wrong and ignorant. But honey, let’s be truthful, a few women like to do tom boy but yours is a bit extreme… Extreme to the extent you can show your complete upper body, which looks so manly.

• iba

September 28, 2014 at 12:44 pm

That should not be your concern; what adults choose to do with their body.

5. nene

September 27, 2014 at 3:01 pm

i didn’t know that was a women, wanted to say t was a beautiful man. nne you’re not gay, you’re on your way to being transgender inugo.

• fred

September 27, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Nene but that is not a Women na..

6. MissW

September 27, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Pls!… If you are not gay tone down on your tomboyishness o! Its too much and beside u don’t owe anyone an explabanation so need to put all this on social media. Truth be told first time I saw u I was confused as to ur sex….so my dear moderation is key

• Jane

October 22, 2014 at 2:36 pm

She is gay. She’s said it many times on her facebook that she date girls. She talks about her past ex-girlfriends all the time. How much more clarity do you want>

7. Tosin

September 27, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Be yourself, have fun.

8. ojare

September 27, 2014 at 4:19 pm

She is gay as has said so in interviews.

9. ATL's Finest

September 27, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Lmao! You are not?? Oh well this tom boyish life style is too alarming. First, I saw the pix and I had to ask myself it you were gay. Do not blame folks for thinking straight off the jump and concluding that you are gay because your features Ms. Chi chi Igbo is just like that of a man. I’m not judging, it’s called freedom of living and on the contrary, if you stand next to a gay person, you are truly blended in..I’m just saying

10. Fatimah

September 27, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Hmmn. Olagbara

11. chi-e-z

September 27, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Music = Miscelleaneous category now lol :D… Don’t care, still like her abs, don’t really care who or what anyone does as long as it’s consensual and with an adult human.

12. lala

September 27, 2014 at 5:15 pm

I am so mad at myself for wasting my time reading this none story. I can get my one minute back, omg.

13. Fleur

September 27, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Hey everyone! I am a tomboy at heart. I love to tumble around, I dont get along with girls because I buy shoes and make up, the works – not talk about them. I dont gossip. If I dont like you, I tell you nicely if you need to hear it so that you can maintain a safe distance. I would walk on many occasions when I was younger with a pimp roll because I thought it was so funny and cool juxtaposed against my very feminine face and body. So all my male friends eventually got married as we got older. Since I am far from ugly, their wives dont quite like me around because I bounce around like a boy and probably give off the impression that I am searching. But my homies get me so well. I actually forget I am female and punch them and kick them like I am male. I would wrestle them if I could. But to the onlooker, I am flirting because I look ultra feminine – curves and all. Because I care much about my friends and I know I am too quirky for the rest of the female world to understand, I gradually forced separation from my male buddies. I prefer males 200% of the time. I find it personally find the other stuff offensive but I respect people’s choices so I dont impose my views. Anyhow, I am now very lonely. Me and my homies sneak in calls every now and then when iyawos aint around, and it makes me feel weird because there is no clandestine operation so we should not sneak around. But their wifeys wont understand. I get sadder and sadder by the day. Other males who dont know me dont get close because it is probably absurd to see a married woman who likes manly jokes and arm punching and bad male jokes, but wears 4 inch heels, makeup, long hair and figure hugging skirts. I dont know Chichi’s situation but I know what its like to be a bit different. By the way girl, I want your ripped abs.

• vortex

September 27, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Well said.

• kess

September 28, 2014 at 11:16 pm

never have i feel a need to reply smoneone like i am doing now… i share your views and lifestyle..we shud be frends.. reply via mail…i nor wan talk too much

• thatgurl

September 29, 2014 at 6:00 pm

i can totally relate to that…..

14. awesu jomo

September 27, 2014 at 5:24 pm

It is always easy for us to poke an accusing fingers to those,who seems to look different from us,or who tend to love differently…..to me that is the height of inhumanity…chi chi I do respect your humanity.

15. @edDREAMZ

September 27, 2014 at 5:34 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    May be she is really not gay bcos she never came out publicly saying she is one..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• June

October 22, 2014 at 2:46 pm

She says it all the time on her facebook that she is gay. What else do you want from her? Read the post again, the “am I gay” question was said by Charly Boy, not ChiChi

16. Caroline

September 27, 2014 at 6:01 pm

This is like wearing a police uniform costume, standing in the middle if the street and getting upset that people think you are a real police man #parkwell

• Person

September 28, 2014 at 12:30 am

A million applause for you abeg!!!!!

• D

September 28, 2014 at 3:31 am

Thank you!!!!

• D

September 28, 2014 at 3:32 am

Thank you!!

• Random

September 28, 2014 at 9:15 am

I bet you never heard about what happened to the othercaroline who judged a book by its cover. Allow me update you, she never really got an education and is today an ignorant fool at 40 married to a closet gay.

• Zubby

September 28, 2014 at 10:03 am

Looooooool and the moral of f that story -I guess, is don’t judge a book by its cover or you will never open it and don’t judge people by what you see or you might miss getting to know truly amazing personalities. And definitely don’t judge nigerian police by their uniforms. LMAO. I love the comments on this blog.

• aish

July 10, 2020 at 7:01 pm

@caroline the most accurate one so far, this statement is perfect, you chose to look like a boy and you expect people to not think ur one? and secondly, if god ur moma gave birth to you as a girl, then ur not being yourself if you chose to look like a boy, besides you can be a tom-boy without being so masculine.

17. Shadie

September 27, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Chichi rock on jare your happiness lies in your hands. You don’t owe the world any explanation, just do you. One love.

18. Pat

September 27, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Live your life and let chichi live hers. End of story!

19. Okay

September 27, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Still sitting on your pedestal, judging and determining who is or is not pretending to be gay?! As you are an expert in’ gay determination’, right?! Who determines what is extreme or not? An individual whether male or female, should be comfortable in their own skin and have their own preferred style and likes but because you are mediocre and can never be your true self, you rather others follow the crowd! She is woman with a killer bod, six packs and well defined muscles! That makes her gay?
    People, so gullible! Others brave enough, would seat down and determine what is to be in vogue, what should be the norm and even make a lot of money from it while the mediocre follows to feel ‘among’ and judge those that don’t imitate them! Na Wa

• aish

July 10, 2020 at 7:06 pm

@caroline the most accurate one so far, this statement is perfect, you chose to look like a boy and you expect people to not think ur one? and secondly, that doesnt make her girl buh also, that is not her or her skin, it is who she made herself be.

20. Teezy

September 27, 2014 at 7:43 pm

I’m confused…… Is that a man or woman?????

21. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

September 27, 2014 at 7:58 pm

I’m actually surprised Charly Boy said people say he’s effeminate. He just jumped on the ‘effeminate wagon’ about two years ago or so. Who remembers ‘Zoom Time?’ and his PMAN presidency era? Uncle Charlie, please. We all know being gay is the new fad but please don’t make a mockery of the whole thing. There are people who are truly gay and I think you make them look unserious with your antics.
    Madam/Mister footballer, there’s no big deal in your personality – you prolly love attention though. I’ll just suggest you go for a sex change. Being gay, transgender etc isn’t a big deal these days – I don’t know why you had to post an epistle to confuse us more about who you are.

Fantastic abs by the way.

22. Koenigin

September 27, 2014 at 8:20 pm

LOL….sigh…Feeling grateful to God and the universe, for creating me a woman, in every sense of the word. A woman happy to be one and comfortable in her skin. Even the excruating pain of a menstrual bleed won’t take it away from me.

Chichi, if you are not gay, Nigeria will pray that you find a man, brave enough to claim you as his, without being accused of being gay himself for loving a woman whose abs are fitter than a bodybuilder’s.

But if indeed you are a lesbian as I know you are, keep silently munching your carpets overseas and stop making a fool of yourself.

• Random

September 28, 2014 at 9:08 am

Look at you making out that you are completely flawless. Claiming a crown of womanhood. You need to take yourself for a gynea consult and sort out your painful menstral flow. Painful menses is notting to be ‘proudly woman about’. It is a condition that points to abnormality in the reproductive tract. So go and correct your condition before you smugly point out weirdos here.

23. mamamia

September 27, 2014 at 8:31 pm

What is Charlie on about self? Pls, people need to stop confusing being unique/different from being ridiculously mental… Even the God you talk about appreciates the feminine structure read proverbs and songs of Solomon. Plus, the same love track you talk about was an ode to his uncle who is gay and helped raise him. So, No! He didn’t wake up out of the blue to write a song about gays.

24. kina

September 27, 2014 at 11:06 pm

for me its what’s in the heart, mind that counts. i don’t try and think of what people do with their private parts. because it is private. As long as it is legal involving consenting adults. I don’t care for people justifying what they do with their bits. its vulgar too much info. for me this chichi gal is an accomplished sports person cum model with a twist on fashion. And chichi most intelligent people are not going to judge you on your sexuality so why give credence to ignorance by trying to justify yourself as if you owe ignorance an explanation. There is no way around a hard wired ignorant person, good luck trying to defuse it. seems like you’ve got the time!

25. Adwoa

September 28, 2014 at 1:29 am

If she is not gay
    She should dress and act like a lady n not like a man

26. Tunde J

September 28, 2014 at 2:05 am

GOD FORBID. Wetin be dis ?

27. Na Wa

September 28, 2014 at 3:37 am

You don’t need to be accepted for nothing. What you need is Jesus Christ in your life.

28. AW

September 28, 2014 at 6:59 am

One thing you can’t take from Nigerians is the fact that we always have an opinion on everything and it is not always true/positive/correct.

29. Ikenna David.

September 28, 2014 at 9:53 am

If she says she’s is not gay, then I don’t think she is one. Being Gay, in its truest sense. She was born a female, but like Charly Boy, not ok with a female body. So its safe to assume she’s a transgender.
    But I do believe she owes no one but herself, any clarification as to her sexuality, so as long she leads a healthy and happy life, contributing to making Nigeria Better. People, should learn to mind their businesses.
    However, Miss Chi Chi, most Nigerians still wallow is ignorance, coupled with the fact that we claim to be religious. But if you do come out as LGBT, you’d actually help in bridging that widening gap. And probably people would become more understanding. We are bound to criticise what we don’t understand.
    I’m Pro LGBT, but your likes need to actually come out of the closet, so that actual education can begin.

• Jane

October 22, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Chi-Chi is gay. She is not denying that she is. The letter you are reading is from Charlie Boy

• Love my self

July 19, 2015 at 10:22 pm

I really wonder what it would be like in Nigeria, when same-sex will be finally legalized, who are those that will come out, and declare I’M IN THE FAMILY OF LGBT,, still waiting.

30. Beverly

September 28, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Who cares if u re gay? Only u n God knw d truth.But if pple’s opinions really bother u,den change d way u carry yrself.U look masculine, dress masculine, act masculine n want pple 2 see u as a babe?Dat’s ridiculous .

31. Kaybee

September 28, 2014 at 11:22 pm

I thought this was African Chyna. She get 12 pack o. So pls what’s the moral of this long story?

32. 4real

September 28, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Cheap publicity. …that’s all. Anything to get attention. Mtchew!

33. jake ro

September 29, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Love you dear.it is not a sin being different.by the way, you look awesome dear

34. Goddess1

September 29, 2014 at 8:32 pm

she is not on account of IG..i guess she deleted her account or change username. I don’t care if she is gay or so..that is NOT MY BUSINESS (sip my cup)

35. anonymous

September 30, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Had an argument that this ladies tomboyishness is to the extreme but guess what, my husband supported her looks and behaviour. Chi Chi biko nne note that you do not have to explain anything as some people will surely love you while some wont. Just live your life if you truly enjoy it

36. eli......c

November 12, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Some 9ja people are so stupid that they comment on what they know not,u know what..? I call them lazy people………..

37. Love my self

July 19, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Let’s see i bet you some of these peeps commenting are in the family of LGBT, but because the feel no hope to express their real self they hide and comdenm,.