Style

Age-Defying 69! Dame Helen Mirren unveiled as the New Face of L’Oreal Paris

Dame Helen Mirren for L'Oreal Paris - Bellanaija - October 2014

Beauty indeed knows no age! 69-year-old veteran actress and age-defying beauty Dame Helen Mirren has been revealed as the newest face of L’Oreal Paris.

This is the first time the Dame is lending her ageless beauty to a beauty range.

Speaking on her new role, she says “I am not gorgeous and I never was, but I always OK looking and I’m keen to stay that way“. “I have always loved the L’Oreal Paris brand, and I hope I can inspire other women towards greater confidence by making the most of their natural good looks. We are all worth it!“.

Dame Helen Mirren for L'Oreal Paris - Bellanaija - October 2014001

On red carpets, on the silver screen and in countless other places, Helen has been one of the poster girls for age-defying beauty and we are just glad that L’Oreal has snagged her as one of its many faces. Other beautiful women affiliates with the L’Oreal Paris brand include Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana and more.

Speaking on beauty earlier on this year, Hellen said “I don’t really know what a beauty routine is. But I love beauty products, and I’m always trying new ones. I wear make-up every day“. “I love putting it on, and I get really into it: a little bit of this here, a little bit of that there – but then I stand back and look in the mirror and it’s awful! It’s absolutely true that, as you get older, you have to wear less and less make-up.

Dame Helen Mirren for L'Oreal Paris - Bellanaija - October 2010014

Congrats to her!

1. Ivy

October 27, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I absolutely love this woman. Kai! & i watched RED2 last night, luvly moves. & at last someone who wears makeup everyday or most days. I wear makeup 6days a week and its awful, but company ”unspoken” rules. What can i do?

2. bruno

October 27, 2014 at 12:32 pm

one name comes to mind.RENEE ZELLWEGER I screamed when I saw her new face. infact everyone went ballistic when they saw the new renee zellweger face. I love me some dame helen. ageing gracefully, her and meryl streep and sally field. by the way this is how a real dame looks like, unlike our first lady (mother Theresa of today my foot).

3. Fani

October 27, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Stunner!!!! I adore this woman.

4. Jenni

October 27, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Fantastic news, Shes proof that there is ageless beauty

5. Jo!

October 27, 2014 at 2:24 pm

And I love that this wasn’t airbrushed

6. Dee-USA

October 28, 2014 at 6:30 am

I’ve never seen more beautiful facial wrinkles especially in this botox ridden age we live in.

7. Tosin

October 28, 2014 at 6:47 am

change.
    love it.

sometimes when you think of it, America is sooo immature in so many things. like, can you imagine this self-deprecation from an American star? nah, they’re always pushing positivity and growth and all kinds of optimistic, perfectionist crap 🙂 but old-country people know that decline is part of life, and that beauty doesn’t have to smack you in the face – how adolescent, how obscene – with doll-like colours or contours.

lifelib.blogspot.com/2014/09/on-beauty-as-required-or-desired-of.html