Weddings

Bimbola & Dipo’s Manhattan Beach Pre-Wedding Shoot | INIJE Photography

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 014

Abimbola & Oladipo are such a fun beautiful couple who are linked by the special season of Ramadan!

Read their adorable love story and beautiful pre-wedding photos by INIJE Photography & Films.

***

Bride-to-be: Abimbola
Groom-to-be: Oladipo

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 007

How Did You Meet?
By Bride
Although Dipo thinks we met by luck, I think otherwise. My last relationship was bad and I had vowed not to date again, but something in me told me to have faith. I threw away the written list of my “ideal” man and I told God I want a man in His image.

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 008

During Ramadan, I’ll wake up around 3: 00AM perform my salaat and make dua. I have different mentors (Fam, Islamic sisters, and friends) that mentored, gave advice, and recommend different surats and prayer points. The day before I met Dipo, I did not say my prayers as usual instead I picked my Quran and read it (My fave is Surat Duhaa).Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 009It reminds me so much of God’s promises . So, yes I read this surat all the time. After my recitation, I remembered saying these words to God.

“Allah, You are One. There is no one like You. So, I’ll not run to humans to solve my problems. You created and you promise not to forsake me. Allah in your infinity mercy let your will be done in my life. I need your help and I need you to give me peace. Please answer all that concerns me. Wherever my husband is, find him, and allow our path to cross.”

Masha Allahu, I met Dipo the next morning (Yes, it sounds weird or cliché) but I serve a miraculous God.Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 021You best believe it; I still did a little shakara for Dipo ooo. I gave Dipo very hard times at first and I remember Dipo will always remind me that I am punishing him because of my past experiences. I was touched and sad as this man has been nothing but a GREAT man to me. I immediately changed my ways and started seeing Dipo as my answered prayers, my gift. I have never experienced so much peace in any relationship as I have with Dipo.

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 010

God, this man is sooooo darn perfect #Bragging101 #PerfectForMe #DontJudgeMe #iLoveTheWayheLovesMe #MyGiftFromAbove. Dipo loves, respects, and adores me. I have the uttermost respect for him. He is my opposite; very calm, patience, good sense of humor, and FOINE “fine” lol.

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 011 Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 012

In case, you haven’t noticed the trend/blessings bestowed upon us, we met during Ramadan; he proposed during Ramadan; his Islamic name is Abdul Rasaq (The Provider. God is the ONLY and faithful provider). So many other events have taken place during or on Islamic event days. If this is not God, then I don’t know what to tell you, LOL.Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 015God is real…(I sound like a preaching old woman. I know 🙂 but once you taste His goodness, Kai, you will sound like this too ooo) Oh by the way, he is my dad’s namesake and I am his mom and his sister’s namesake.

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 013

By The Groom
I knew Bimbola a.k.a lover mi was the one when we met. We clicked right away.Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 026She has everything I want in my woman, beauty, brains, and most importantly the fear of God. Knowing this beautiful woman has brought me so many countless blessings, but most importantly closer to God. Of course, I did not want to tell Bimbola I will marry her on our first date (I did not want to run her away). However, I told her not put me in a friend zone. I love Bimbola so much and I know I could not live a day without her. So, I had to make the move quickly before someone else would snatch her away from me.

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 003 Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 004

How Did He Propose?
LOL, my Akanni (what I call him) proposed the weekend of my birthday. My birthday was in July, which happens to fall on a Tuesday and during Ramadan (Sharrout to all my Cancer babies :). So, the week of my birthday, Dipo called and told me that he will be traveling for an assignment in Seattle (I was kind of upset as I’d prefer him to be with me for my birthday) of course, I expressed my dissatisfaction with this business trip. He apologized, and ensured me that he had mailed my gift. On Tuesday, he called to wish me a ‘happy birthday’. Come Wednesday no gift, come Thursday, no gift. So now, I had no choice than to ask for the “whereabouts” of my gift. He said USPS should have delivered it. “Let me call them and see what’s going on.”

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 005

Twenty minutes later, he called me back and stated that USPS said the package should be at my house on Friday. Come Friday, I was very busy with work that I had totally forgot about this gift (Side Note: I work from home). Around 2:00 PM on Friday, I heard a knock on my door. Suddenly, I remembered the “gift”, ran to door then asked the “knocker” whom it was. The person did not answer after three times of asking, the person answered, “USPS ma’am” Me, being that feisty girl, I responded, “Why didn’t you just say that?” so I opened the door.

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 020

I saw a man standing there with lots balloons, cards, and chocolate. All I saw was Dipo’s striped shirt and I knew it was him. I threw everything away and started screaming. “OMG, OMG, OMG, you are here” Mind you, Dipo was supposed to be in Seattle. In fact, he had been in Atlanta since Wednesday and we spoke every single day without me suspecting. He told me that we would be going out on Saturday (July 12) for his friend’s wife birthday then we will go out to celebrate my birthday. However, he said I must look good, as that was the first time I’ll be meeting his ATL friends. Again, feisty Bimbo came out, “What are you trying to say? I look good all the time.” He smiled and said, “I know babe.”

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 006On Saturday, Dipo took me to get my hair and makeup done then off to this dinner. Upon our arrival, I saw lots of familiar faces (I was so nervous) and a big scream “SURPRISE.” They sang the happy birthday song and I turned around, and saw Dipo on one knee. He said a lot of things, but all I heard was “be my wife” I gladly responded with a thunderous “YES!”Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 017

How was it shooting with INIJE?
Charlton Inije has been a very good friend of the family and mine for over seven years… When INIJE heard that we got engaged, he was very happy. We told him that we wanted him to take our pre-wedding shoot and he agreed.

Gosh, shooting with INIJE was SOOOO much fun. Dipo and I couldn’t keep a straight face to save our lives INIJE is just the biggest clown he makes one feel comfortable, relaxed and like a celebrity all at one time.Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 019We were laughing so hard and INIJE did not object to anything we did. He allowed us to be our true selves. He allowed our goofiness and love for each other to shine through. Charlton Inije, we’d love to use this medium to thank you for being a good friend, a GREAT and very patience photographer. You are the best out of the best. May you be blessed amongst your peers. Thank you so much.

What are you looking forward to most about your wedding?Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 018
We are looking forward to celebrating with our family, friends, and well wishers.

Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 028 Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 002 Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 029Bimbola & Dipo | Manhattan beach Pre Wedding Shoot | Inije Photography & Films | BellaNaija 001

Photography: INIJE Photography & Films | instagram.com/inijephoto | www.inijephoto.com | info (at) inije.com

1. Oma N

October 20, 2014 at 10:20 am

Awwwwwwwww. Lovely!

2. Mum

October 20, 2014 at 10:29 am

love it!! She made Islam so beautiful…just the way it actually is. I am sure some fanatics would criticize her dressing and even the pics(all ye hijab pretenders)… The love radiates…it speaks of so much happiness..what every woman dreams about! This couple will never feel the wickedness of marriage destroyers..their love will continue to grow and their marriage will be an exemplary one for many years. IJN..Amen.

• Racheal

October 20, 2014 at 11:39 pm

yasss!!! im a christian,but i must admit,she made it look so beautiful..one would wonder,is there really any much difference? Thanks Dipo for the inspiration!!

3. happychick

October 20, 2014 at 11:30 am

awwww beautiful love, am not a muslim but she sure made islam beautiful…[email protected] u took the words right outta mouth cos am sure some hypocrites will be saying why isn’t her head covered, and all I have for them is “God loves beautiful too”. wish the couples a happy and bliss filled life together. Baba God that answers all prayers please listen to my prayers and the silent whispers of my heart.

4. aa

October 20, 2014 at 11:40 am

Yea Though i am a xtain i loved the way she painted Islam. That is what its like when you have a personal encounter with God really. I am happy with her faith and her personal convictions.

plus you Guys look really good together. something tell me you will last forever and have a lot of fun too. Love you.

• ekalor

October 21, 2014 at 9:45 am

Dear aa,

Islam is beautiful… it always has been

5. Intoxyka

October 20, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Shout out right back, fellow Cancer hottie.
    Shout out to a lady who is not afraid to pray to God to send her her man! In this age where everyone is forming special specs of man, its refreshing to see a lady who leave it in the hands of her maker.
    In the end, He knows what specs fit you!!!

• Ojay

October 22, 2014 at 7:40 pm

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Eyitayo

October 20, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Ma Sha Allah! She sure made the religion so beautiful as it should always be….May Almighty Allah bless, guide and provide in ur home (Amin).

7. wonu

October 20, 2014 at 1:58 pm

this has to be my favorite pre-wedding photo.
    And her love for islam though. Ma Sha Allah

8. flora

October 20, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Yayyyyyy, bimbo my love , am soooooo happy for u gal, God is really Awesome, love from mommy Preston

9. Bellemoizelle

October 20, 2014 at 3:48 pm

She made islam beautiful……………Very refreshing… ,SO happy for them,beautiful people!
    La vie est belle……………………

10. yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.com

October 20, 2014 at 4:34 pm

God exists and He answers prayers – this babe is a living witness! May God bless their union and grant them all the desires of their heart. I’m so looking forward to the wedding photos 🙂

11. Gbemi kasumu

October 20, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Alhamdulillahi Robil Al-Ameen Allah as been faithful and merciful enu ope wa onikan shout out to our darling parents.

12. Funke Mercy Tanimola

October 20, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Abimbola moi dear, congrats girlfriend. I wish you both marital bliss as you embark on the beautiful journey of married love. By this time next year, we will come and celebrate the birth of twins with you both. Insha Allah

13. Habiba

October 21, 2014 at 5:49 am

Ma sha ALLAH! May ALLAH bless this Union and It does shows that ALLAH answers prayers!!!

14. M'ADE

October 21, 2014 at 6:56 am

Dear @ bellanaija, this so inspirinh… i ve a wonderful stry tooo… u shld post *wink*

15. Nafeesah

October 21, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Her faith attracted me to read this story…it’s such a wonderful story I must confess. Islam is beauty and submission to God’s will, her story and strong belief in her faith reinforced it. It’s not so her hard to understand, that’s what happens when you live your faith. For those referring to some people you perceived might criticize her for not wearing hijab as ‘pretenders’, it never really hurts to express one’s view. Not wearing hijab does not make her less of a muslim, but wearing it is a bonus to her and a sign of more obedience to God. However, her words tells it that she pretty well understands her faith, and she has made her choice. Above all, a relationship that is sought from God, built on faith and love of God has a very bright future. Dear sister in Islam, I wish you a very happy married life, and a home filled with limitless blessings of ALLAH. Barakallahu fihi….and the surah Duhaa is such an insipiration, whenever one needs to reassure oneself of God’s love.

• Aisha

October 21, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Ma Shaa Allah Nafeesah, i love your comment, you expressed my views perfectly.

• Nafeesah

October 22, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Thanks so much sister…jazakillah khairan

16. Queen Adedipe

October 22, 2014 at 2:58 am

Bimbola am proud of you as a woman and a true believer of Islam even though am a Christian (I believe we all worship the same Ultimate Master up there).Your words inspired me, you deserve the best in life and glad God(Allah) has granted your wishes beyond your expectations. I wish you both a wonderful and beautiful life forever! Congrats babes! Gorgeous picture dearest!

17. mio

October 22, 2014 at 6:21 am

awwww……I love

18. Rahmaa

October 27, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Wonderful couple in love, MasahAllah. May Allah give them long and happy life together.

19. Fausat

November 7, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Alhamdulilahi Robil Alaameen! Congrats Sis, am so happy for you. You made Islam look more beautiful and I pray to Allah that His grace and mercies should never cease in your life today and in the hereafter…this time next year you will have more testimonies to the Glory of Allah. Amin!
    I pray to Allah to give me a Man in his own image whom I can look to everyday and say ALhamdulilah…Amin!

20. A

December 5, 2014 at 8:50 pm

This is an inspiration to me.. Love their story and the efforts put into this wonderful thing they share. May Allah continue to bless the both of you.