Music

Heartbreaking! Nicki Minaj and Safaree Samuels, Boyfriend of 14 Years Reportedly Breakup

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Nicki Minaj
has been in a relationship with Safaree Samuels aka SB for over 10 years.

Safaree was also Nicki’s hype man/backup singer/personal assistant but according to TMZ, the couple has called their relationship off.

TMZ reports that the reason for their breakup is the fact that Safaree had become quite jealous of Nicki’s fame and had started to get hostile – a reaction that Nicki Minaj would not tolerate.

The confirmation of their breakup comes after Safaree apparently covered up his tattoos of Nicki Minaj with new designs.

Safaree had 3 tattoos of Nicki that he proudly showed off– her face on the right side of his chest, her name on the left side of his chest and her upper body on his right arm.

Safaree-nicki-minaj-tattooSafaree-nicki-minaj-tattoo (1)The face on his chest has become an unidentifiable shape, her name on his chest has become a rose and her upper body on his arm has been faded out. Here’s the exclusive photo from TMZ:

Nicki MinEarlier in the year Nicki hinted at troubles in the relationship with an Instagram post that was captioned ‘Single and ready to mingle’.

Photo Credit: Instagram /Sbstunts/TMZ/Carrienelson1/Dreamstime.com

1. Sade

October 22, 2014 at 10:16 am

So sad!

2. oge

October 22, 2014 at 10:24 am

na dem sabi

3. free mind

October 22, 2014 at 10:36 am

it is common among men who are suffering from inferiority complex. please leave befor he starts hitting you, or better off assasinates you…

4. UberChick

October 22, 2014 at 10:37 am

“TMZ reports that the reason for their breakup is the fact that Safaree had become quite jealous of Nicki’s fame and had started to get hostile”. What if Nicki’s fame went to her head and she became too hard to be around?

• barbie

October 22, 2014 at 12:43 pm

nicki can neva let d fame get to her head.am sure d ni**a is jealous of her good riddance to bad rubbish.die hard fan no1 barb…

• chi-e-z

October 22, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Nah I saw Nicki on American Idol she’s crazy but still real direct. Now Mariah that trick is another story like Diva is an understatement even me that started out a Mariah fan quickly turned into a Minaj fan who I had not really listen to since her mixtape days. I was like Nicki sock her in the face just once just once for me…laughs guiltily 😀 Moral of the story Nicki still cool that Dude just get jealousy for body…inferior BM problems… Now Nicki fly and go kick it with Drake.

• mo

October 23, 2014 at 3:33 am

women always got to assume men are jealous, most women like to brag about their success as if men cant accomplish the same thing.. maybe success to him is in a different form and not being famous. I agree with you.

5. french naira

October 22, 2014 at 10:42 am

He did well to remove dem tatoo though.

6. Pandora

October 22, 2014 at 10:43 am

Sad, but it kinda normal these days. moving on!

nigerianschoolgirl.wordpress.com

7. Gistyinka Blog

October 22, 2014 at 10:44 am

Just like @sade so sad for both of them.

8. Mama

October 22, 2014 at 10:44 am

If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen…
    Very few men can stand fame, especially if the woman is more famous.

9. wisest duchess

October 22, 2014 at 11:59 am

Interesting that she kept a relationship for 14 yrs. When was he planning to put a ring on it?

• TA

October 22, 2014 at 12:40 pm

@ Wisest duchess,exactly what I was thinking. Please help me ask them o. Hian! Women,please stop selling yourself short.

• NIRA

October 22, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I don’t understand women who think ‘putting a ring on it’ is the ultimate goal for everybody. If that’s your ambition in every relationship, it’s not the same with everybody. It’s this kind of pressure that makes ppl marry the person they’re with just cos society and ppl like you and wisest duchess feel they should get a ring. Have you noticed that a couple can be very close and loving, but once they get married they break up?? If he had put a ring on it, by now they’d be divorced, not just broken up, probably with kids and all the drama that goes with divorce. Ppl should pipe low with the “putting a ring on it’ biko.

• Doxa

October 22, 2014 at 1:23 pm

It’s possible it’s Nicki who wasn’t ready to marry, but as we can see the wait (or delay) has worked out just fine. Imagine if they were married and he started behaving like this. Whereas if the guy really really wanted to marry her, 14 years is too long to convince a lady. He probably didn’t.

10. hian

October 22, 2014 at 1:33 pm

So he was walking around with her name n face all over his body like a bloody billboard? Eww. 14 years tho…that’s a long ass time. Didn’t even know she was in a relationship. Ah well, ko Pele.

11. Tee

October 22, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I do believe quite a number of Niggaz get jealous of a hard working successful female. Infact your dreams alone can intimidate him! I once had a very ambitious bf and since I am quite ambitious myself, I was glad cos I thought since we were in the same industry (not same office) and we were even planning to partner together, that it was gonna be a match made in heaven! As I began to grow and make more contacts, he started getting very irritated and upset. I was stupid in love for a moment and even offered to leave the line of business saying “our relationship is more important to me”! Thank goodness my mother’s prayers prevented such arrant stupidity cos no sooner did I find out he was seriously cheating and dating another girl for a number of years! Walked away and I’ve never been happier….

12. ebony

October 22, 2014 at 2:59 pm

men are too insecure jare. its soo annoying. but 14yrs? haba! 14 yrs is a long time ooo. he shld have put a ring on it tey tey.

13. Its not that bad you can find someone else

October 22, 2014 at 3:42 pm

It doesnt matter who shes with. She needs to settle down and have a baby now. Its getn ridiculous. I dont believe that she was born in 1982. I think shes at least 40, because her raps are Old school. Its time to get on with it.

14. IBM

October 22, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Wow boyfriend took that off quick. Ok then, let me say. that I don’t think that God takes lightly that Beast is trying to control things. Yes! he made the beast too.

15. Idomagirl

October 22, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Drake is probably turning cartwheels somewhere, how many times has he rapped about marrying Nicki? LOL.

Apart from her fame, he probably also found it hard to deal with her whole sex symbol image, giving dudes lapdances during performances and all the other stuff (i’m not judging her, biko don’t attack me) or maybe not, either way na dem sabi.

16. hatersgonhate

October 22, 2014 at 4:55 pm

May none of my son’s ever waste their destiny in this or any other way IJMN amen.

17. Tim

October 22, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Seemed like they had something real tho…

18. BlueEyed

October 22, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I loved them together and how close they are, safaree and nicki have been best friends since before her first mixtape and he’s been with her for soo long.

19. jake ro

October 22, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Never trust TMZ though they are super racist media outlet.any news from them I always want to chech out on other media outlet