Features

Isio Knows Better: Dramatic Society of Nigeria

Isio-Knows-Better-May-2014-Bellanaija1-562x600I sincerely lay no claims to being more knowledgeable than anyone, but I do confess that I know better than I did yesterday, last year and a decade ago.

Isio Knows Better is an attempt to capture the shocking and highly entertaining conversation within myself. The conversations between my mind (the sharp witty one), my soul (the lover and the spiritual one) and my body (the playful one concerned with the more mundane things of life). She is the eternal referee between the caustic mind and the sensitive soul. This is Isio. So, here’s to making private conversations public.

Enjoy!

Once upon a time, on one fine weekend night… the moon shone its silvery light upon this part of the world which was handy, because as usual, that road in Lekki no get street light.

And so I drove, slowly. Because in addition to there not being any street lights, the road was bad… terrible actually. Pot holes here and there.

Somewhere at the corner of the street there seemed to be a scuffle ahead of me. A man and a woman. The young woman (who was relatively short) was pulling at his shirt and trying to land some flying kicks and fiery slaps at the man.

The first thing I noticed about the man was that he did not hit her back… Hmmmn, commendable.

The second thing I noticed was that the man arched his (excuse my pidgin) nyansh as far away from her as possible… probably worried that her flying kicks might smash his errrr… nuggets. Men! Protecting their nuggets since 19-gbogboro!

The third thing I noticed just before I drove past them was that the man was very light skinned. You know that fresh-ajebutter-brightness of someone who has lived a good life overseas? Exactly. That kind of yellow. I wondered just how he had gotten himself mixed up with such a dramatic woman…

Wait…

He looked familiar ooooo…

Oh dear! I realized just then that I knew him. It was Jason. Posh, soft-spoken, sweet Jason. “How in the world is Jason in this place at this time, involved in a scuffle?” I wondered to myself. I immediately reversed the car (I had not driven that far you see). I wound down the car window and called out in concern…

“Jason?” Both the kicker and the kickee froze mid action. They turned to me. Oh my, it really was him! I continued, now clearly concerned for him. “Are you okay?”

What happened next shocked the daylights out of me.

In a nano-second she released him, and there she was on my car, all teeth, blows, kicks and red-hot rage. Her face was contorted in hate and she fumed and screamed,

“Is this HER?! Is she the reason you don’t want me to come to your house?!” She banged on my windscreen with great force and spat at me, “YOU! You are the reason he doesn’t want me to come to his house again abi? COME OUT OF THIS CAR NOW!!!!”

Come kini? Ahan, Boda Jason! E so ro o! Why you dey look like Lucozade Boost?

I wound the car windows back up hurriedly. At this point she was trying to pry open my car door from its hinges in between heavy kicks at the door! Walahi, some herculean moves o, forget that she was female. She continued fuming. Jason was trying to wring her away from my car. Both were shouting now. DRAMATIC STUFF! Seemed like something from the Zombie Apocalypse.

Omo mehnnnn, I can’t fit to shout under moonlight. Plus I no dey for that-was-how-it-happened epistle. (Eg. That-was-how I was going home, that-was-how I saw them, that-was-how I decided to help them, that-was-how she broke my windscreen, that-was-how she clawed at my eyes, that-was-how one eye now kpeme. Yes, doctor… that-was-how I came to need one synthetic eye…and so on and so forth).

Abeg o. Boda Jason. Like my Urhobo ancestors say, everybody make e bear im papa name. I can’t shout. Oh no no no no.

“Vrooooooooooooooooooooooooom!” Was the sound my car made as my heeled feet kissed my accelerator pedal. O da bo o Jason. I don go be dat.

The next morning, Jason called to apologise. I felt bad for him even though I was a little disappointed. But then he started to explain… she was this and that. That-was-how tori wan dey start. I told him it was alright and that I didn’t have to know. Which was the truth. Of ALL the women in the world he had to pick that one. Choice and consequence. Everybody bear ya papa name.

Drama, drama drama! Oh, what a dramatic society we are in. I once knew a guy who ended an almost-relationship with a girl he considered perfect- simply because she found out he was creeping around with another girl and she didn’t freak out like he expected. He was so uncomfortable with her maturity that he just had to end it. In his own words, it was “suspicious”, plus “a woman that doesn’t give you drama doesn’t really love you.” So, he dated a dramatic girl instead, and his world is now filled with complaints, drama and many that-was-how-it-happened epistles.

Perhaps we should address the underlying worrying questions this raises. Generally, are we such a dramatic society? How did we become this way? Have we become so accustomed to inviting avoidable conflict into our personal lives, and in turn extending them to our friendships and even relationships? Why do we do this? Most men complain about their women having “drama”. And yet, what does it say about them who consciously, time and time again choose the very ones who will bamboozle their lives (and that of anyone connected to them) with such “drama” that they would become bitter and miserable? Maybe it’s the sex. I hear angry make-up sex is the bomb.

There was also the man who saw his wife at a club and started raking at her. He dragged her out of the club by her hair. Never mind that he was caught there with his mistress who was busy sipping champagne with a straight face. What happened to keeping your business private? Dramatic things buttered with public shaming and spousal abuse. Sad.

Another day I went out for drinks. A group of guys seemed to be having a great time- laughing, dancing and drinking. A woman (probably his wife) came in and started screaming at the guy to go home. His “friends” just shifted from the brouhaha and were snickering in amusement. Before my koro-koro eyes she gave him two hot slaps. One on each cheek and pushed him out of the lounge. Another instance of public shaming and spousal abuse. I condemn violence, so two thumbs down for these ones.

Ah. My personal motto is “keep it drama free” o. Me, I can’t fit to shout and waste my saliva biko. Odikwa very precious. Hehehehehe!

You nko? Are you a dramatic one? If yes why? Please tell us biko if it is more effective than playing the “logic/understanding/maturity” card. What has it cost you? Was it really worth it?

And if you are not… what’s your technique and what has been the most flabbergasting experience of drama someone tried to rope you into? Like my encounter with the She-Hercules-with-the-Deadly-Kicks in my first instance in this peace.

As usual, I wish you all a truly terrific Tuesday.

‘Shalom!

1. bruno

October 28, 2014 at 11:35 am

some women deserve the beating they get from their boyfriends/husband. a husband and wife or boyfriend and girlfriend get into an argument and the next thing the girl starts to jack the man’s shirt. WHAT!!! if a nigerian girl dare try’s that with me I will injure her that day. majority of nigerian girls have very terrible manners. you get into an argument with a girl and the next thing she starts to shout come and beat me blah blah blah. I dont support violence but some women are just like animals and the deserve serious beating to get their head straight.

• hian!

October 28, 2014 at 11:52 am

Jeez! did you just say that? No woman deserves to be beaten. Regardless!

• Shallom Lambert

November 19, 2014 at 5:12 am

Nobody deserves beating whether man or woman, if we want to scream against domestic violence, it goes both ways. It is equally wrong for a woman to physically assault a man. Many of us see nothing wrong with a woman hitting a man but once the man raises a finger it becomes a serious issue, that is double standard. Respect goes both ways. I am a woman.

• Uju

October 28, 2014 at 12:09 pm

You are an idiot.

• bruno

October 28, 2014 at 12:29 pm

uju why are you so pained. im sure ur a stupid girl who is troublesome and like to jack a man’s shirt when u get in disagreement with them. if you try that with me (hold my shirt when we get into an argument, ) I will give give you a sounding slap. many nigerian girls are mannerless.

• Chinagorom Martin

October 28, 2014 at 3:56 pm

My dear, an idiot just doesn’t begin to describe it. Sometimes you hear a lot about people you can only wonder what they look like, what kind of life they have had and currently have. With people like this you can only be thankful for the facelessness of social media and hope they have a different life from what is portrayed. I just cant deal!!!

• Open Sesame

October 28, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Wow! You say a lot of silly things Bruno but this one takes the biscuit my friend.

Not to worry, no girl will ‘jack’ your shirt…seeing you swing the other way.

• bruno

October 28, 2014 at 2:02 pm

there u go again with your shallow brain. im talking about domestic violence against men and u are bring up my sexuality. you are weak
      calling some gay is not an insult. same way as calling some black or calling someone tall or short or red haired or calling someone a girl. they are not insults. bye felicia.

• ekalor

October 28, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Not to be rude, but am sure You have a sister who perhaps is in this majority…. You will have a daughter too, You have a mother too.. REMEMBER ALWAYS

• bruno

October 28, 2014 at 12:52 pm

if im going to have a daughter I will raise her well so she dont get into fights and start jacking a man’s shirt. if my motger or sister behave unruly and mannerless the they deserve what they get.

• NoName

October 28, 2014 at 1:03 pm

May someone slap your daughter!!

• some hater

October 28, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Really??? poor girl who probably hasn’t gotten into this world has already been condemned to spousal abuse? Thank God you’re not God. Bruno has his own issues but leave his offspring out of it.

• Ebere

October 28, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Obviously Bruno is one keyboard happy, delusional brother, who likes to play the bully on the internet. He also lacks manners, tact and decorum. who else would support violence against women so shamelessly??. Na your women I dey pity sha, for choosing a cerebrally impaired man. Get a life Bruno! and a real hobby too.

• bruno

October 28, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I cant believe what im reading. so all of you support and encourage domestic violence toward men. you see nothing wring with a woman jacking a man shirt and kicking him continuously in him private part.
      nigeria is gone.

• surely

October 28, 2014 at 8:23 pm

bruno you have mental problems for that lame ass comment. seems you also have mummy issues.

• BlueEyed

October 28, 2014 at 8:48 pm

We should not condone domestic violence of any kind.Let’s look at it from this angle, because technically the woman who was attacking Mr Jason to the eyes of others was being domestically violent towards him, now kudos to the gentleman who did not raise a finger to this lady, but in the situation with a man with no self control and she got hit back, the brouhaha it would raise even by miss Isio who drove by and others would not end until it has a day in court. Please domestic violence against men exists (be it in the form of physical provocation and confrontation or plain out physical violence) and it is almost as traumatizing as with domestic violence against women.

• Girl

October 28, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Please guys I want to challenge you all to ignore Bruno on this blog, people have prayed for him, insulted him bla bla bla but sometimes you have to let some people face their demons by themselves… I just honestly hope you’re not this venomous in reality for the sake of the people around you cause I could really care less about you… So y’all it’s the ignore Bruno challenge

• Doxa

October 29, 2014 at 8:40 am

What if an American girls tries it, will you react same?

• Tolu

October 29, 2014 at 9:54 am

Oloriburuku somebody!!!
      omo ale……

• Bio

October 29, 2014 at 10:01 am

obviously… you have a large ego. Yh women can be poorly behaved, but so are men. Patience is key. If she starts her drama and you ignore her at least twice, she’ll realize her stupidity and stop. but if you decide to join her and be an animal, oh well. Good luck with that!

• Chichi

October 29, 2014 at 10:41 am

I really don’t know why people waste time replying Bruno’s comments when its obvious its attention he is seeking. My dear get a puppy OK? you will be fine.

• Hurperyearmie

November 12, 2014 at 10:42 am

I pity your mother bruno ‘cos it is just a shame to have a child like you kilode? are you the only one ob bella?

2. elvis

October 28, 2014 at 11:51 am

Isio my darling girl.always love ur writeups.the fly kickin girl!!!!!!!I can’t fit 2 laff

3. hian!

October 28, 2014 at 11:52 am

Bruno is so annoying. Mschewwwww.

4. Asabe

October 28, 2014 at 12:00 pm

heyyyyyyyyy…! My darling-sweetie is ‘truly’ back!!!
    Ontop the matter wey dey ground. I play the pseudo-mature type. I might cry my eyes out in my room but make sure I exude a certain calm outside. when pple mess up at times, silence gets to them more than the “raking”. But mind you, the reason the “pseudo” is before the mature for me is that at times when the spirit leads……..hmmmmmm…..
    Enjoy your week!!!

5. TANTRA

October 28, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I keep it drama free because of my precious skin and secondly, no man is worth that drama. I once witnessed two brothers fight because of me. I went straight to them and said, “the best fight is to fight for my attention. Outdo each other in getting me expensive gifts and not in this physical foolishness”. They made up and I lost interest in either of them. I like mature men who wouldn’t give me drama.

6. Que

October 28, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Lwkmd @ the Jason scene… oooo I’ll have to return to comment, rushing for a meeting… well told Isio…

• Que

October 28, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Ehen, back to the matter….

NNE NA NNA….. this girl cannot be caught fighting biko…..I have invested too much energy in my body, mind and soul to let some raving dog draw out my mad side…. so I give you better space if u come at me…. In my earlier years, I hated confrontation, because I can have cold inducing anger, and talking plenty was harder than just punching something…..I have invested years in communicating much better, so no way some ‘purzon’ is gonna provoke me that much and I’ll react physically…..I havent faught anyone since junior secondary school…..it’ll be stupid to start now…

I take the rationalising route….I cant even call someone names…. never in my dating history have I called a bf names, my go to move when I get to the edge of rage, is walk out! My last bf said it was very rude, but I assured him it was waaay better than anything my mouth would spit out after….so I walk, till a later time. What I have gotten better at though is baring my opinion on issues that bug me if I have an issue with you, and I can be quite direct about it now cos I’ve never excelled at beating round the bush…. and it makes it easier not to get to the point of rage…

That said if its to save my life, I shall defend myself by any means necessary and available!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 28, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Chuckling silently at “purzon”…

I think some women bring the extra-extra drama in a bid to elicit some sort of emotion from their men – i.e. the babe dey vex, the bobo just dey act like say yawa no dey and that’s when she starts to see red.

Regardless, everyone needs to be grown-up about controlling their emotions. The pastor at the church I worship makes this point from time to time, which I think is apt – we always have an excuse for the inability to hold unto our temper when it comes to dealing with people in our personal lives. How is it, then, that we never have that problem when we’re dealing with certain other authorities, such as your boss at work or the policeman on the streets? When that manager is irritating you, do you turn around and slap him? Or when that UKBA officer is grilling you at Heathrow, do you grab his shirt in annoyance?

When the answers to those questions are “no”, you start to understand how unreasonable it is to be so wildly uncontrolled about other areas of your life.

7. TANTRA

October 28, 2014 at 12:16 pm

My sister’s roommate(in 2004) went to visit her boyfriend. She met her colleague(not academic but emotional colleague) . The guy was dating two of them. the lady inside refused to open up. my sister’s roomie unwrapped Igbo and started smoking the weed. The one inside lifted the curtain covering the door, and brought out her own Igbo and started smoking too. When the babe outside finished, she knocked again and the babe inside opened the door. The fight that day was World war-like. The guy was called home to settle the fight. When he came, he was busy securing his electronics and he managed to push the two girls out of his house and out of life. Before you blame the guy for cheating (that’s if you know who he was cheating on), don’t you think that university students should have been more mature in handling this issue?

• Easy n Gentle

October 28, 2014 at 5:39 pm

This right here is absolutely hilarious. Awon Weyrey meji. Having Igbo readily available and the boy gan sef.. Adin! The more you live, the more you hear/see

8. aisha

October 28, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Drama ke? me no get dat kin strength oooo…..i rather just let things be than embarrass myself!

9. Oluwabusola Adedire

October 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Rule number one…. Never fight over a man.

10. bruno

October 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm

this is the same incident with jay z and solange elevator fight. why didnt jay z not give her a dirty slap so she will stay in one place. whoopi goldberg said it, if a woman slaps a man the man should slap her back.equal rights for all abi.
    some women think they can hit a man the way they like and get away with it. Try it with me first and you will see what will happen. nonsense

• Hmmmmm

October 28, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Funny enough i agree with Bruno and I’m a woman …why is it okay for a woman to hit a man and him not hitting back…Inshort some people go as far as commending the man for taking the slaps. If women want to be taken more seriously they should refuse double standards in all its form …

• Beegal

October 28, 2014 at 7:14 pm

The truth is violence by a man or woman is equally wrong, the difference is in the impact. Men are much stronger so when a woman slaps a man its like a fly swat but when d reverse is the case its physically dangerous. So its not just a disrespect thing, its also a health safety issue that’s why you see violence from men getting more attention. Both are wrong but one has a worse implication.

• bruno

October 28, 2014 at 8:19 pm

@beegal you are a mumu. this is the worst comment I have read ever in my life. if a woman slaps a man it is not painful but if a man slaps a woman it is very painful, are you kidding me.
      I dont think you have watched the solange jay z elevator fight. if they didnt hold solange jay z would have been bruised and gitten stitches that nite. you are dumb. your mentality is sickening wow. so there are people in nigeria that think like this.
      I am a feminist and I believe equal rights and treatment for both men and women. if a woman slaps you, you better slap her back. nigerian women believe they can hit a man and get away with it. holding their shirt in public and hitting them across the face. I have seen it and the man just stood there doing nothing

• Fashionista

October 29, 2014 at 2:44 pm

I have to agree with Bruno here oh, Solange was COMPLETELY out of line in that elevator! Even with the body guard holding her, so many of her kicks, hits and slaps connected with Jay Z’s body. He was EXTREMELY well mannered not to have retaliated, and I commend him because even simple reflex should have landed Solange a blow. Domestic violence goes both ways abeg and the story of men doing the hitting having more impact is a weak point; I have male friends that when I jokingly punch them hard, they’ll be like “ah babe that was painful”. Nobody should be hitting anyone, simple!

11. Ms Geeky 30

October 28, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Funny! I used to be miss dramatic when I was younger (It was necessary in secondary school where the girl that shouted the loudest and gave away the most insults was respected). When I moved out of the country, I had to calm the heck down when I realised that my new school mates looked at me like I was crazy whenever I started raking. It didnt matter what or who caused the raking in the first place and whether it was justified, I got the ‘here goes that crazy African girl’ look time and time again. I have since learnt that removing yourself from a situation and choosing not to be drawn into noise/drama or whatever over done tiring situation is occuring at that time shows class and maturity.
    I will never fight, shout or use filthy language no matter what is going on around me. Maintaining your calm in the middle of the storm sets you apart. And aint no man going to get me kicking and screaming over him…for what na? As in is he the last man on the planet?
    That being said, I did date someone who decided it was his ultimate goal in life to stretch this calm exterior to the limit and I was told by many Nigerian friends and relatives, it was because I wasnt willing to go all ‘naija/ghetto’ on him. Don’t know about that (all that energy expended, the hoarse voice from shouting-is it worth it?) but all I will say is my dignity aint about to be sacrificed over some random dude who does not get himself. When the drama became too much and I had tried having several rational civil conversations with him, I carried my bags and my two feet out of that zone, far far away! Life is too short abeg!

12. BellaNoire (www.bellanoireshop.com)

October 28, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Isio o….LOL…fear fear geh. Why not wait and let her tear you one mighty slap, then tear your clothes on top matter that has no bearing with you. But seriously, ladies can be really crazy….and the annoying thing is these fights are like ego massages for some guys. Why waste our self worth, self esteem and importance on a guy… Sister, if he makes you a boxing ring spectacle or opens you up to such, then it might be time to dust off and move on.

13. iyke

October 28, 2014 at 1:01 pm

If your gf/bf is the sort of person that is dramatic, treat other people like crap for no justifiable reason. It would be a good idea to not only question the nature of your relationship with him/her but to reflect on who YOU truly are.

14. Corper Shaun

October 28, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Living a hassle-free and drama-free life in this part of the world almost seem like an impossible feat, from the market experience to the traffic brouhahas (you hit my rear light…. No, you suddenly reversed and hit my headlight….). Public bus-conductor fiasco (i’ve seen people who go at logger-heads with them big time). And those times the human in you just want to play peace-maker and it becomes your fight, the tales are very *plenty* i will have to leave others to explore them.

The ones i find most dangerous and requiring that you FLEE from are the PRE-PLANNED TROUBLE MAKERS, you know folks saying they prepared well for you before leaving home (in their very words “I don rehearse you comot for house”). You had better run this lot because truth is, a drama-free day is an unfulfiled one for such people.

About domestic dramas, we’ll need to write a book on that one

15. Meerah

October 28, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Honestly, i don’t think dramatic people are that way cuz they like to be. I personally think if u don’t mess up one way or another, they would not start up the drama that would most likely end in violence. While I don’t condone it, i still think people have reasons for flaring up. Be good to ur women; don’t give them any reason to doubt u, and i promise the result will be a peaceful union. Just my opinion tho

• Ms Geeky 30

October 28, 2014 at 1:18 pm

I actually disagree with this. You cannot control another person’s actions. You can only decide the sort of person you want to be and therefore, how you react to what is thrown at you.
      If someone is not treating you right, causing drama does not solve the problem. You end up starting a dynamic in the relationship that is harmful to both parties. Best to have a civil conversation on the issue and if there is still no change, walk away!
      If a person genuinely cares about you, you do not need to kick and scream to show them how hurt you are or to galvanise change in behaviour. Your partner’s love and feelings for you should provide sufficient momentum.

• Tosin

October 29, 2014 at 7:57 am

nah, they like to be. it’s their responsibility to live the way they like to. sorry.

16. MIA

October 28, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Drama free is the way to go… practice yoga and learn to breath…… 5 deep Inhale will do the magic.

17. Avon

October 28, 2014 at 1:14 pm

I LOVE YOU Isio.#No homo#…. I look forward to Tuesday smiles et laughter.
    As for me, I usually take a deep breathe and pay back own coin; Trust me ehn….my coin might be dollars/pounds and when I pay, I pay in big big cash.
    Some people are drama filled sha.

18. bruno

October 28, 2014 at 1:40 pm

you are missing my point. from the story above she said a girl was holding a guy’s shirt and kivking the guy in his private part. and the guy didnt do anything.
    what gives wome the right to hold men on the shirt and beat and kick them in their private part while the man does nothing. it is wrong. domestic violence against men is real and it is happening.
    they always blame the man when there is a case of domeatic violence why?
    my own is, any girl that jacks my shirt will cry that day
    if my daughter grows up and becomes a rascak and start jacking someones shirt when they get in a misunderstanding. anything that vomes to her thats her problem.
    many nigerian girls are violent and have disgusting behaviours.

19. D

October 28, 2014 at 1:43 pm

When I was a child I sure acted like a child, I know everyone will know someone who was/is dramatic but never them. So first thank you Ms Geeky 30 for being honest. I USED to be full of drama although I remember using my fist only once in high school and yes it was on a boy, who called me a gold digger for not dating his friend but drinking all the coke and malt this guy bought me (BTW I refused any other material gift this dude gave me) but the coke and malt other guys bought for me too in high school and did for others too, it was not a big deal at least to me, then. Anyway I slapped this guy ehen first it was not his Naira and secondly, I had never begged or asked him or even his friend for anything. I was generally “alapa stainless” so I knew not to pass my boundaries most of the time. But I sure outgrew it fast if I may say so, there are still times though I firmly insist with tons of grammar especially where I stay to get my way especially when they think they can out smart you. But no madness and that kin crazy with Bro Jason menssss…. that’s another level I can gladly say I was not that “certified” ever. Infact, the fear of my mama is enough to wipe that crazy kin craze away!!!!

20. ChiomaJisos

October 28, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I have never considered myself to be a drama-lover, until one of my very close (male) friends pointed it out. I usually go to him to whine about all my relationship troubles and on that day he gently pointed out certain dramatic similarities of my all-too-numerous relationships he had seen me go through. On this particular day, I had had a rather very embarrassing episode with my (then) boyfriend along a very busy expressway in Port Harcourt. This particular b/f had been known to pull some dramatic stunts on me before (like locking up the door after a quarrel so I wouldn’t leave, or seizing my phone e.t.c), but I thought that the fact we were in a very public place would stop him from manifesting. Boy, was I wrong! Chai, that day i wished the ground would open up and swallow me. While he was hooking my shirt (the classic move), I just prayed that no one I knew would drive/walk past. Thanks to people around, they were able to release me from his grip and I took the next taxi home. Pheew!.
    Now, I agree that this dude loved me, but biko i no dey for that kain “I-love-the-way-lie” kinda love. And I learnt that day that “you attract who you are”, so I worked on being a less dramatic person 🙂

21. Nahum

October 28, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I HATE drama…unfortunately for me I married into a Yoruba family that LOVES drama. Everything with them is drama. Even cooking a pot of soup is drama, wiping their backsides is drama, blowing their nose is drama….sigh

• nene

October 28, 2014 at 3:21 pm

yoruba and edo people are the original drama lovers. we live in lagos and see it everyday.

• TA

October 29, 2014 at 1:23 pm

@ Nene you gorit girl. Edo people love drama o!! Chai,

• Anna

November 7, 2014 at 3:29 pm

That is making a generalization which is not fair. Its like saying Igbo people are gold diggers. I am edo my husband is yoruba and we are completely drama free folks. Ironically, two of my neighbours who are Ibo and Rivers respectively are extremely dramatic.

22. Sassy

October 28, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Personally..I don’t like men who hit or hit back @ women no matter the troblem involved. Me thinks to extricate himself and walk away is always the best option anytime (though it might not be the solution). I prefer the drama free way too…though one will be hurting so badly to see her man with another woman…First…red, hot, burning anger that gives you chest pain and heart burn @ the same time. So many random thoughts run through your mind as to immediate actions to take (should I confront him openly? public disgrace……then you think who is the other woman sef…..analysis …..and what does she have that I don’t? and then…and then….) But being matured about it is definitely the best way…walk away..and do the talking about at home..but make sure he is aware you saw him make he nor deny say nor be so…..There are always plenty ways that can be devised to make him feel guilty and sorry for himself without shouting, raving or ranting (Na plenty hypertension be dat)

23. bored

October 28, 2014 at 2:22 pm

There was a girl on my block in uni who went to visit her boyfriend and found him pounding away on top of another girl. She calmly walked out of the room and sat on the veranda and waited for them to finish. This my guy carried on pounding away and even added another round for good measure and my dear girl was still sitting outside calmly waiting, sipping on coke and munching on buns. My guy spent over 45 minutes under the guise of escorting girl No 2 hoping girl No 1 would get tired and leave. Alas! his hopes were completely dashed, she was still waiting. She followed him into the room and in a very calm and steady voice asked him to strip. When he asked why, she simply told him that since he had excess energy to expend on another girl, she wants to show him that she is up to the task of helping expend that energy. The guy refused and that’s when the drama began. Babe grabbed this guy and said she wouldn’t let go until he did the thing. He begged and said he was tired. Lai lai! She clung on harder and promised to scream the house down if he didn’t agree to her demands. He agreed but of course my girl wasn’t satisfied with 1 round now. Through out that day he had to do the thing(by force) countless times. Needless to say, till they broke up o the guy didn’t try fooling around in his house again!

24. Sylvie

October 28, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Isio Delagbogbo e ati bebe lo, wa gba kiss *muahhh*. I am not a drama queen and my friend’s dont consider me to be one but like someone said, some circumstances can make you act out. your anger or hurt. It does not basically make the person a “dramatist”. Using myself as an example, three years ago, The Ex decided he was no longer interested in our relationship. Said he dint love me anymore and needed me to vacate his life. Chai, I cry no be small. One early morning, after a long sleepless night and soaking my pillow with tears, na im I stand up go him house, to see if he could have a change of heart. Knocked on the door and who opened, his friend’s younger sister. I had been suspecting the both of them for a while and even confronted him one time which he denied. When I saw her open the door, all the hurt and anger came pouring out. I dint know when I went all Jackie Chan on her, kicking and slapping her. The Ex came rushing out and instead of separating us, gave me a hard push that made me hit my head on his glass TV stand which resulted in a deep cut on my forehead. With my head bleeding, he dragged me out of his house and down the staircase like a rag doll and told me to get lost. That was when I regained my consciousness, so to say(Kai, I don suffer sha, SMH). It was his neighbor that took me to the hospital to have my forehead stitched, still have the scar sef. If anybody had told me I would act that way in any circumstance, I would say its a lie but…..it happened. It does not necessarily make me a dramatic person.

25. blah blah

October 28, 2014 at 2:32 pm

my ex looooooved drama! Kai. He loved the woman screaming like a banshee, shirt jacking nonsense. And I no get liver for fight, I used to try and settle things amicably. It was not enough o. Blah blah! he would scream. I cannot feel the love, there’s no effusion with you. He used to pick a fight all the time cos he wanted dramatic reactions and dramatic love making at the end. I no get time for nonsense. One time he asked me how I would react if a girl came up to me to fight over him. I told him I would quietly walk away and he was so offended. He said he would want me to fight for him blah blah. Abeg abeg a beg! no time for nonsense. I was so happy to see his dramatic arse leave.

26. Ada

October 28, 2014 at 2:41 pm

personally I believe nothing deserves so much drama….A quiet answer softens earts says the bible…Why should we kick and shout when we know soft answers work faster dan loud ones…No woman should be hit by any man no matter d situation..and no man should be hit by any woman either…drama rarely produces anything good…your saliva is precious Like she said…odikwa very very precious….

27. oj

October 28, 2014 at 3:21 pm

i’m not dramatic and i love a drama-free life. But i won’t deny, i love watching dramatic people as long as i watch safe and sound from my end

28. jforjudith

October 28, 2014 at 3:25 pm

My life in one word “NO DRAMA”. I don’t give it,I don’t want.

29. Just me

October 28, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Maturity any day, anytime. I no fit shout. Ijaw woman like me no get time for drama. Between monthly cramps, busy schedule, trying to stay healthy and fit, all my energy is on me and not on any man.

30. Ebere

October 28, 2014 at 3:36 pm

I am averse to drama, personally am even too weak to get into an argument especially when I don’t see the point of it. I always flee the scene of drama. and fights, except maybe am a spectator, y’all know it feels good to watch some drama.

31. But that's none of my business....

October 28, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Now almost all the females are claiming to be drama free….Do I spot a bandwagon train here?….Hmmm sipping on my green tea….

• Just me

October 28, 2014 at 5:40 pm

It’s not a claim. If you’re drama prone by all means please yourself. Unless the drama will enrich my soul and bank account certainly I will jump on it. But anything that remotely takes away my peace of mind is an automatic enemy.
      Arguments make me uncomfortable let alone throwing dramatic tantrums. My 2 cent.

• poison ivy

October 28, 2014 at 6:05 pm

You are so right
      Just like last week germ phobia article,every one claim OCD
      Then the virgin girl love making testimony with hubby………BN,had plenty closet virgins(i tire)
      & Now……..”I am drama free crap”#crowdpleaser

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 28, 2014 at 6:43 pm

“When I was young, I behaved like a child. Now that I’m a woman, childish things are put away…”

To paraphrase 1 Cor 13:11. 🙂 That said, there’ll always remain the glimmer of the crazy-B in my eye, who I glimpse in the mirror from time to time and bursts free when I fail to keep proper restraints on her madness (as one of my home skillets puts it, “I dey crase oh, no be because you see me dey wear cloth”).

A lot of us just live with the split that is the cool-calm-and-collected mind housing the flaming-hot soul (Isio, am I right or am I right?) and learn how to tamp down one in favour of a drama free existence.

🙂

• Isio De-laVega

October 28, 2014 at 9:27 pm

@M.sa My sister eh… In fact you are very right on the mind/soul thing!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 29, 2014 at 10:23 am

Yes oh. Grown woman “tinz”… 🙂

• TA

October 29, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Yeah you gorit MZ S A, I used to do the things of a babe. We still working on the grown better woman thingy.

• Tosin

October 29, 2014 at 7:53 am

True. I know somebody, the biggest drama queen ever, but she thinks she’s gentle Jesus meek and mild. Looooool.

32. ME

October 28, 2014 at 3:45 pm

The only time I got into sometin dramatic was during nysc,wen I saw my camp boyfriend hand in hand wit anoda girl,nd ive heard dat gist before and to crown it up,i was sick.Dont know where I got the strength from but I raked hell dat nite,just for the babe to tell me dat he told her I was his friend. Years down the line,we don’t communicate again but I regret my action as I was forming posh fine girl in camp ,but I liked dat guy,kai,things we did for love,naw I no fit o,i luv my life

33. Crazy eyes

October 28, 2014 at 4:23 pm

LOL suddenly everyone is drama free abeg joh!

34. Rs

October 28, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Ain’t nobody gat time for drama…

35. Akweke

October 28, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Bia BellaNaija,we will soon leave this website for you people and Bruno,you hear? What’s all this na?Hoor!

36. esther

October 28, 2014 at 5:10 pm

isio, ur write-ups are usually hilarious and yet sensibel, go girl!!!! proud of u

37. Concerned_Boyfriend

October 28, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Isio, yet another informative and thought-provoking post. Kudos!

I’m going to go off on a limb with this one and please forgive me if I rub you the wrong way. There’s a brewing debate in the African American community about how aggressive and dramatic black women are. Few years ago, I watched a talk-show (I can’t remember which one) where they interviewed several African America ball players married to White women. When asked why the opted for racially different women, one common theme with their response was that the women from other race were very lenient and drama-free (in other words, these women let them have their ways with them).

Personally, I’ve had my fair share of drama with black women. Not to say there are no black women out with some decorum but they are very few. You’d be luck to find one without drama.

38. ada nnewi

October 28, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I am a drama queen. I cannot fight over a man though! But I like passionate fights with le boo and crazy make up sex…I haven’t thrown things like glass and plates when fighting or arguing, looking forward to trying it soon…:D

• Tosin

October 29, 2014 at 7:51 am

yikes, i’m scared.
      i would disappear for ever if somebody raised his voice at me. and when i was a kid i would see the plate-throwing thing in films like, wow, what is wrong with human beings. i am a no-drama human being, no drama, boring, i don’t have the energy.

• Colour Purple

October 30, 2014 at 3:11 am

Relationship wise I am so drama free I’m like very cool refreshing water BUUT all this random no mannered individuals that will leave their house in the morning bash your car and start trying to shout on you will never forget an encounter with me. One guy had to go to the hospital for stitches after slapping me on top say na him find my trouble….let’s just leave the tori there

39. Easy n Gentle

October 28, 2014 at 6:08 pm

What is there not to love in watching and hearing drama Kings and Queens earning their Oscar?!. Watching/hearing makes up for the relative lack of drama in my life. If you kuku come and be ngbati ngbati-ing/that -was- how around me, I wee kuku listen.

My drama queens, the world would be a worse place without you people. Thank you *drops Mic*

40. poison ivy

October 28, 2014 at 6:10 pm

@ME, You had a camp boyfriend (falling hand tinz), you come fight on top am
    Na serious kopoko you need babe

41. biggest survivor

October 28, 2014 at 6:12 pm

This one time and day i 100% agree with Bruno, what makes it right for a girl to attack a guy and he can’t retaliate. i am a woman and if i hit a guy he has every right under the sun to smack the sun across my pretty face. nobody should hit anybody just as much as i won’t want my daughter to be disfigured by one useless gone for ages Son of Mr whaeva, you better don’t hit my son cos you will be locked up in the ageless hell of Nigeria prison(Agodi or Panti) to be precise……

42. nikky

October 28, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I had this friend that approached almost everything with extreme drama. Ever situation she disagrees with goes from zero to one thousand. I remember one night she physically attacked her then boyfriend because she was suspecting him, i was there looking and calculating like if this guy just charge now he will just kill this girl but he knows her too well he just stood there and was taking the slaps and knocks. What of the day one soldier tried her. Omo she jumped on an armed solider and landed a hot slap on the guy, the fighting that day was honestly one of the scariest thing she has ever done. In fact she out did herself that day. She was losing the fight but she kept on going it took two other soldiers to praiy her tiny hands off that soldier. The last time I spoke with her she said she broke up with her boyfriend because he was violent, you could just imagine my shock.

• Ada Nnewi

October 29, 2014 at 8:50 am

I laughed till i cried at your story…

• nwanyi na aga aga

October 31, 2014 at 7:39 pm

This is absolutely hilarious!!! Nne I can imagine your shock. Isio well done o. Thank you very much for this come back

43. Mia

October 28, 2014 at 8:02 pm

The drama I performed was for a random guy I met at the park. U know how guys love to sit by the door and ask ladies to sit inside, not like to protect u or something, but just because they’re the man. Well, that guy met his match that day, he met me sitting by the door and the rude thing asked me to “move”. After I gave him the lecture of his life which he didn’t believe a woman can give, I told him to take the seat inside or I would pay for the two seats just to prove a point to him. He sat inside o and murmured till we got to our destination. Who cares? E no dey look face?

As for relationship drama,nah…not me. I calmly state my point and if it comes to leaving, I really leave, like you’ll be wondering, did this girl ever love me to start with?

44. Frances Okoro

October 28, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Nigerians like drama! As in, if no raised voices nor dey, dem nor dey.
    I had an incident in uni where my roomate all of a sudden started raising her voice + crying on top her voice for no cause. I nor touch am, I nor talk anything oh, e just dey shout, dey cry.
    Me, what I do is to plug in my ear piece and pray and pray for meekness and gentleness-fruit of the Spirit to take over me.
    I can’t deal abeg.

45. 90% response from girls on this blog na lie

October 29, 2014 at 2:25 am

So now every Nigerian girl now suddenly does not like drama. I call the bullsh*t flag on that one. Na lie! All these I dont like drama response, na dem worse past. @ Bruno, I support you o. As a woman myself, you have no right as a woman or girl to slap any man or woman. I am a firm believer in communication. Use your words, not abusive speech o, but communicate what bothers you. So if man put him face jeje for ground, you come go slap am because you get craze for head, if him slap you, na your fault be that o. For me, there is nothing anyone will do that will ever make me raise my hands on someone. God gave you a mouth for a reason, use it. COMMUNICATE!!!

Now, a guy that attracts drama queens craves and is drama himself. I was driving few back on this freeway, when in the middle of the road, the passenger door swung open and this guy was trying to get out of the moving car, going 35mph. His girlfriend refuse to stop, she ran the red light, darn near run me over when I had the green light. She was screaming, wailing, driving hysterically on the road and risking my precious life and others. And I thought to myself, I bet money on it, the dude will be back with her by next week.

Point is, boyfriend gives me drama, I communicate, privately. Dont ever make a scene, its tacky. I will wait until we get home and give him a piece of my mind. If its a repetitive thing, yes I would loose my cool. I will raise my voice, unknowingly, but only to express how frustrated I am with the situation. I will never fight a girl over my guy. Ill try to talk him out of it, or see what we can do to work it out, but fight another girl? Mbanu! Lets stay classy ladies.

Your guy, if you love him, he’s worth fighting for, not physically, but by making efforts and COMMUNICATING.

• TA

October 29, 2014 at 1:57 pm

@ Your assertion that most Nigerian girls love drama,You could be wrong, you could be right. Depends on your sample pool. 🙂

46. benny

October 29, 2014 at 6:58 am

This is my life story…

SCENE 1:
    Benny: sweetheart you did me wrong.
    Oga: and so? ok sorry.

SCENE 2:
    Benny: SEE EHN, I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU. YOU DISGUST ME. WHY AM I HERE? WHY AM I STILL PUTTING UP WITH THIS NONSENSE? I HATE YOU. LEAVE ME ALONEEEEEE…
    Oga: I am so sorry. I love you. You just don’t understand. Baby please don’t do this. Don’t be like this. Baby I don’t care what you say, I will still love you. Please forgive for the love of God. Please. You are my heartbeat. Let’s go shopping. Lemme call and greet ur mummy. You look sexy. Heyyyyy seeeee hot babe. My love…

EVERY TIME… EVERY DAMN TIME!!!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 29, 2014 at 10:25 am

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Oh, Lawdy… So sorry, hon, not to lessen the heartfelt nature of your recount in any way but that gave me such a good laugh to start my morning with.

Here’s my prayer that your union stays fiery in a good way. 🙂

• benny

October 29, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Amen o. Truth is he is understanding. Despite his shortcomings. Im really tiny and he is huge. All I have is my mouth. Another person would have turned me to punching bag. He may like drama too. Maybe seeing me go bunkers is a turn on. Who knows?

• Que

October 29, 2014 at 11:13 am

Hahahahahahaaaa…..I’m so sorry I was already liking this comment several times b4 even finishing it. Your narration is somethjng! .I dont even know how to advise on this, it looks like you’ve made peace wit it to an extent….I truly wish you better times with oga…pele…..

47. Tosin

October 29, 2014 at 7:48 am

Save the drama for the stage.

You guys realize you could actually act/perform/dance on the side rather than carry all this excess energy about trying to disturb me?

48. esty

October 29, 2014 at 8:42 am

I told a customer few days a go dat we all have small drama inside of us ,some of us just don’t wear it on our faces there are times people push up sotey drama go come out from where e hide.

49. miss max

October 29, 2014 at 9:58 am

Everybody’s got some percentage of drama, while some are excess and always on the show glass, some people don’t even know they can throw up some drama until the puddle is stirred then you see the steam. Those who say they’ve got no time have not been provoked to that extent. when they get to that point, it will require a commission of enquiry to look into it. I do not subscribe to violence either way, but there is no relationship be it business or family or what have you that is drama free. how you manage it is what counts.

50. Tolu

October 29, 2014 at 10:24 am

Great write up Isio
    You had me cracking up the entire time 🙂 Love you write ups

Now to answer your question…am i dramatic??? Depends on the situation 🙂 I am an Aries and we are known for our fiery temper. I was a terror in high school, i was feared known for my unrivaled wrath among my peers growing up. With age, i have chilled sha. I don’t do public confrontations ….okay, maybe once sha, when i had to read a chick her rights at a restaurant years ago…..i made a scene and embarrassed her like crazy, that was the last time i scattered like that o…lol. I still regret my actions till date, the older me would have handled things differently.

Honestly i think everyone has a little bit of crazy in them. Its not a good thing, its not a bad thing, its just a thing! And honestly, it kinda keeps people on their toes when dealing with you. For instance, some folks at my job have joked about being scared of me because they think i am “Unstable”….lmao! If being assertive, and not being scared to go toe to toe with you when you start rubbish makes me “Unstable”…then i’ll wear that label like a badge of honor. Call me “crazy” “dramatic” all you want but i bet you would choose your words wisely when you address me!!!

51. Sassy

October 29, 2014 at 1:02 pm

@Nikky…..couldn’t help laughing so hard at your story…can’t stop laughing even now when I visualize your friend and the soldier man..lollll. She must have met her over match in her boyfriend and decided to give…them say wen iron jam iron, one must bend ni.

52. TA

October 29, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Isio de la BN. Nice article. 🙂
    Am I a drama queen ? I honestly don’t know. I have never fought anyone physically, not even my siblings as a child. BUT! I can fight world wars with my mouth and so I used to get beaten a lot by my older siblings! Lol! I may not yell and scream but if you vex me, especially if you do so in a because-I-think-I can-get-away-with-it manner. Ah! dear Father in heaven,You shall have it o! And you shall have it real good. From school teachers who thought they could call me names to an Executive Director in the bank where I used to work, if you have it coming,you just might get it. Like I said, I do not scream or yell but might raise my voice a bit (if the situation calls for it) . Am what (or used to be) what they call a verbal sparrer. These days…am gradually evolving into a better version of my old self. I can actually walk away (only sometimes *sigh*) without saying a word. And I pat myself on the back, when am able to,because I have come a long way. I have learnt that silence can be more beneficial and more meaningful than words that hurt. When people offend you,if you react by lashing out with angry words, you just might be giving them the exact reaction they hoped to elicit,but if you are silent,aha! that is a reaction they did not expect especially when they know what you are capable of saying. I do not mean to get all preachy, but these words at Eccl 3:7 has helped me immensely ‘there is …a time to be quiet and a time to speak”.

• confused

October 29, 2014 at 4:51 pm

You’ve never fought anybody physically, not even your siblings …..then you say…’.I used to get beaten a lot by my older siblings ‘

53. cutechic

October 29, 2014 at 4:37 pm

JUST BECAUSE my ex boyfriend didnt have the passcode to my phone, he made sure he tried till phone was locked……who does that???? when i asked why he did that ‘NA IM I CHOP SLAP O’ claiming that he had the right to check my phone. Meanwhile his phone was always locked and i didnt have the passcode.

I couldn’t fight back, sure if i tried he would have beaten me black and blue lol

I hate drama so i walked….. that simple!

Keep it drama free guys!

54. moneke

October 29, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Once you grow up in a drama filled environment you think that´s the only way to live, and it can be very addictive and hard to let go of. But finding the strength to let go of drama is the key to a long stress free life. Don´t be a pushover who lets people walk all over you, but don´t keep having the same fight over and over. Life without drama can be boring for some. It´s very strange at first, not having anyone to fight, but better for your health in the long run.

55. babygiwa

October 30, 2014 at 8:50 am

Ok, I would have loved to say that I am drama free cus I always try to comport myself properly at all times but sometimes some people can just be downright disgusting. I gave a very very dramatic display to my faculty president and his cohorts on tuesday o, I was nominated for a coveted award in my faculty and I noticed that they were trying to rig the votes. Haaa, me that I am an original Lagos girl, by the time I was done with him and his friends they were all almost trembling. They did the needful and I won the award. Ta lo raye iranu…. definitely not me. But then again, I am drama free, don’t just push me to the wall if you don’t want us to quickly open the books of war.

56. prynced

October 30, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Isio doooorling, dis gist make sense wella, see me laughing hysterically. I can imagine how u zoomed off, u just took my mind off dis BF stress and phcn palaver. Talking bout drama, I’m not dramatic and I don’t get involved in any kind of drama but truth is; one way or the other, intentionally or unintentionally drama comes knocking, oh yeah I try as much as possible to have a frank talk with such but if e too bad,ill just be a broda Jason or simply walk away before person go decide to help God give me by force tribal marks. But I love to watch members of the DSN do their thing tho from a safe distance, I no fit shout as I no want the that-was-how-it epistle like isio

57. Olola

October 31, 2014 at 1:47 am

If she raises her hands against her man, she deserves whatever she gets back! No man should hit a woman but no woman should hit any man as well. The fact that we live in such a permissive society that ‘sides’ either sex at the wrong times doesn’t make their wrongs right.

58. angel

October 31, 2014 at 5:53 am

Ignoring your partner is ………dramatic
    Acting moody every second just to grab attention is…. dramatic
    Constant issues with your friends shows you are ……. dramatic.
    Crying over every single thing is …. dramatic
    Giving your partner 12 missed call in 5 seconds and 55 in 2mins just to say hello is……….dramatic.
    O well constant mood swing is ……dramatic..

So bike park well… from comments made 85 percent of you all are dramatic

59. Diya

November 3, 2014 at 10:52 am

Kai! I used to be ddrraaammmaatttiiicccc until GOd has now punished me with mr.super dramatic……i have become cold like ice sha.only yesterday u needed to see him bubbling n ranting in public because i disagreed with his opinion on an issue.when i think that i might end up spending the rest of my life like this…oh God help me!

60. Eyitayo

November 3, 2014 at 3:21 pm

My techniques has always been “Do not do ur rubbish around me asin i dont even wanna know” see the truth is all men are promiscuous in nature…..as for me ooo i play it with maturity doe we all have that 5mins of madness…lmao at Vrooooooooooooooooooooooooom!” Was the sound my car made as my heeled feet kissed my accelerator pedal. O da bo o Jason. I don go be dat.

61. jay

November 9, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Silence is more drama for me though ! Sends my mind and tots to infinity!

62. kekere

November 10, 2014 at 5:21 pm

BN comments…getting more likes than the actual article since 1880

63. c.R

November 12, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Rememberd wen I was wit my ex n I ddnt know he was engaged.so d main chick entered d room n saw us both…hell was let loose.I was pained and I managed 2stay calm.meanwhile d yoruba girl was shaking like a dog ready2jump.i av promised mysef God help me no cheating man ll make me go physical on a girl….bsides it’s downright classless4ladies2fight. I even love my face I don’t need any fingers scratch lol.So afta some calls n indepth understanding of the relationships btw all3of us.I had 2leave peacefully.doh I was soooooo hurt n cried mysef 2 sleep.my ex was even vexin 4 me n called me wicked 4 not fighting 4him.imagine! In my mind,I’d rather look stupid n mumu2 d girl(if dats wat she feels) than feed my ex ego….

64. Kycee

November 14, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I couldn’t stop laughing when i read this and i must say….i truly admire your work Isio. It makes my day each time i find the time to read it. About your question..well i think it basically has to do with one’s makeup: temperament, upbringing…society. All these factors make up an individual and of course their choices. Naturally, women are more expressive than men so they choose to express whatever rage they feel to make the other party see how truly hurt they feel…hence the shoving and pushing and cursing and beating. Some women however are brought up to not be that expressive so they are always able to put the rage in check and be silent instead of loud like some other women are….

I enjoyed your writeup and even thought im not much of a ‘commenter’…i do read your work now and then…kudos dearie!

65. meeee

November 24, 2014 at 2:00 am

I love whole heartedly…and once i love, i can’t raise my voice on you. But if i get used to you as a friend, expect drama o. If a lover really hurt me bad, silent treatment cause i know i’ll def regret anything i say in anger, once it leaves my mouth(though i get over the hurt faster) and most importantly cos i know i meant it when i said it

66. onyekachi