News

Robbers Write Letter to Igando-Lagos Residents | Demand Christmas Gifts

Robbery Letter

Armed robbers reportedly wrote a letter to residents of Ikotun Road, Igando, Lagos last Thursday, warning them of their impending visit to collect their “dues” for the festive season.

Punch Metro reports that 20 copies of printed letter shown above, were scattered on the streets, and were discovered by residents on Monday morning.

The letter reads:

“Be prepared, be prepared, be prepared. Our dues must be paid this festive season. Nobody can stop us as we can strike at any time. Only enough money can save your life.

“To be forewarned is to be fore-harmed. We have warned you in this area, and if you have ears, you ought to hear.”

Photo Credit: Punch Metro

1. Busarni

October 27, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Cowards; why inform them? Hungry yahoo boys and their sick format.

2. omobabola

October 27, 2014 at 6:41 pm

U kiddin me ?

3. Bola Odu

October 27, 2014 at 7:25 pm

This is serious. These guys no dey fear any more.

4. Daniel

October 27, 2014 at 7:34 pm

Most of the shit are written by the hungry neighbourhood watch, to scare people to pay their security levies.

• Sandy

October 28, 2014 at 9:31 am

I had to use another ID/email for this comment for security reasons) Nope! You are so wrong. It happened in a mainland area (name withheld for security reasons o) about 2 years ago. They wrote a letter to one of the areas there but they did not go till about a year after and boy! they came with guns blazing . They started with bag snatching when people left for work at dawn, then car snatching and graduated to going into people’s home when they weren’t leaving their houses as early as they used to because of the situation. And YES! I had been robbed on my way to work and badly injured that I had to be given compulsory sick leave). At times they robbed for about 3 hours without the slightest whiff of the police. The police usually came after they left. Even early this year, there were times where they robbed 3-4 times in a week(for like 4 months) carting away money and jewelries and injuring those who proved difficult. The gun shots are usually deafening and scary; Most people slept in on weekends simply because they were up till 4-5am as a results of the alarms, gunshots and screams. It’s cooled off for about a month now. The trauma is so bad that going out at night or leaving so early is a no-go area for me and the slightest sounds make me jump.
      I wish I could just get/buy a house gift on the Island. Abeg who go dash me o. I want a 4-5 bedroom duplex in Lekki for my family and I (at least they don’t charge exorbitant maintenance rates and the neighbourhoods have more right-thinking individuals and less touts ). lol
      So tell me it’s a scare tactic again only because you haven’t experienced it.

5. I don't know

October 27, 2014 at 7:41 pm

the nerve of some people!!!ugh I hope these robbers get caught!

6. No Name...

October 27, 2014 at 7:53 pm

what gave this people such audacity??? Funny enough, this is where I live, and of a truth, they have been showing different sign as most residents have been loosing their properties…. There was a funny incidence that happened last week, a rental service in the area loose 10dozens of chairs(120pcs) mysteriously. Comm of police, please come to our rescue.

• jummai

October 28, 2014 at 7:32 am

cant but laugh at the loose of chairs…….hahahahaha

7. Adeola

October 27, 2014 at 9:46 pm

This must be a joke…

8. benito

October 27, 2014 at 9:52 pm

And people wonder why Americans are armed. It’s because of sh!t like this. Police come after a crime has been committed not before….. In the case of Nigeria the police never even show up. You have a right to protect you and your family live and property. Enuff said

9. Blah

October 27, 2014 at 10:15 pm

The people should write back to them na. They should tell them: “na people wey wan die young go rob us o. Na people wey go die of poverty; people wey go neva prosper, people wey go neva see breakthrough; people wey go turn them mama to barren women. Thank you for forewarning us o; since we have been warned, we have armed ourselves and we are waiting for you o.” Simple mata.

10. BN lover

October 27, 2014 at 10:29 pm

My Nigeria,My Nigeria…..i hail thee. The only country wey arm robbers d give pre information before operation and still police no go catch anybody wen gbege finally happen. God dey!!!

11. Mabel

October 27, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Must be a Halloween trick, nasty trick though.

• Fre

October 28, 2014 at 8:04 am

Halloween?
      I want to believe you aren’t Nigerian

12. Iris

October 28, 2014 at 1:48 am

See Nigerians in denial. Trick indeed. People will be there saying it’s a lie until the night these idiots show up. Nigerians, negating bad things in your mind does not make it go away.

13. st

October 28, 2014 at 7:48 am

Naa 9ja we dey oh..dem go even carry POS come…lmao

14. Fre

October 28, 2014 at 8:03 am

I was hoping I wouldn’t see any ‘lol’ or ‘haha’ comment on this post.
    It’s a sick country we live in. It’s obvious people are from homes and others from houses.
    I blame their parents, mothers and society they grew up in.
    So no one spotted anyone littering the streets with this warning?
    If anyone is hurt in this area after this warning, then it is a big shame to us all.
    Our armed forces and intelligence need to work strategically, not only to protect its citizens, but to capture these people so they face justice.
    Enough is enough!
    Imagine! So what if I didn’t hear about the warning, and what if I don’t have any money as I’m broke like them too. So I’ll be killed for being broke?
    What rubbish festivities? Must they celebrate? Can’t you think of something worthwhile to do? Carpentry? Tailoring? Start from somewhere

15. deevagal

October 28, 2014 at 10:05 am

when i did my nysc in ogun state, one time robbers wrote a letters to the banks in that area and would you believe that banks did not open for about 3days in that town? these robbers write letters and instead of the police to do something, brace themselves up and be prepared to finally fight and prevent crime, they would be obviously absent in that period of the threat.
    i feel so sorry for the residents of igando. imagine the fear and anxiety that they have to live with from now on. nigeria… smh.

16. jake ro

October 28, 2014 at 4:52 pm

And where is the state /federal govt. In all of these.or are the police part of that as usual.

17. we are ready

October 28, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I am ready for you bastards. My family has been evacuated. I am staying back and waiting. One of us won’t see 2015.