Scoop

Young Girls Below the Age of 10 Campaign for Feminine Rights Using Foul Language | Watch

Right message, wrong medium?

Social media has been buzzing since the release of this video of 5 young girls, dressed as little princesses campaigning for rights for women.

Now, on the face of it, this seems like a great idea yes? Well, these little ladies pass their message across in the most colourful language you can imagine.

If you are sensitive to cussing and swear words, please do not watch this video

If you do watch the video, what do you think? Are the adults in charge of the video justified for the essence of the video and not the mode of transmission?

Parents, would you allow your kids be involved in this kind of campaign? Foul language albeit for a good message?

1. Edith

October 27, 2014 at 7:49 am

Na wa……… dis is really bad for this little young girls using foul language at their age. What’s gonna happen when they grow up?

2. Byrd

October 27, 2014 at 8:27 am

This is ridiculous and scary. Absolutely the wrong medium to convey such message. It’s probation the first time those girls used such word.

3. Tinuke

October 27, 2014 at 8:30 am

I’m all about this message. It’s very important to focus on the message but I guess it will be hard for people to do that amidst all the potty mouthed babies. The message is very very important!!! This is what we (feminists) are fighting for. If it takes cursing little girls to get your attention, so be it. I would totally sign my daughter up if I had kids. Better for her to curse now and get the message across and get some gender equality in future than be silent and get raped just for having a cute ass or cuz she looked like “she was asking for it”

4. bola

October 27, 2014 at 9:02 am

This is hilarious!!! The foul message is for a reason; you will never forget the video! its a strong message, the same way people find the conveyance of their message offensive, is the same way many girls are offended by the repression society puts on them just because they are female.

5. Friday's Other Child

October 27, 2014 at 9:04 am

I’m lost, what has the medium (a form of media) got to do with anything? The medium is not the message, the medium doesn’t change the message. To state the obvious, the message is the message, so if there are any questions about this shouldn’t it be about the message itself? After all, children this young and younger are used in adverts across pretty much all media.

That said, I don’t personally have a problem with the message, it’s obviously targeted at an adult audience and it will be foolhardy to suppose that these 6 kids will now go on swearing and turn out as degenerates because they’ve appeared in this advert!

What I am curious to know is more details about these campaigns/organisations that the money is being raised for. I wouldn’t donate money based on the advert, but would if I knew the organisations were having a real and tangible impact.

6. brownchocolate

October 27, 2014 at 9:07 am

Oh my! Not sure how I feel about this…

7. Que

October 27, 2014 at 9:28 am

Like I tell my kid brother, the end doesnt always justify d means…. in my opinion, this is an embarassing way to go about the struggle… Whats the point of the mentioned straight A education, if language isn’t important…. People communicate and form associations by language…speaking a certain way, puts you in a certain light…so hey carry on as u wish, just know u will attract certain kinds of reactions and response… The strategy is obviously ‘controversy’…and they got it with this…

• SpeakNoEvil

October 27, 2014 at 6:49 pm

What is embarrassing about this video I wonder. F**k is just a word and the fact that little children are using it to express a very important message should tell you that the situation is dire. Do you know what is embarrassing? The fact that I can get raped and people will wonder what the f**k I was wearing when it happened. The fact that no matter how hard I work, people will judge my worth based on my gender. The fact that I am expected, in Nigeria at least, to be in service to the men in my life. Now, that is some motherf**king f**ked up sh*t if you asked me. 😉

In this case, the end does justify the means.

8. le coco

October 27, 2014 at 9:32 am

i duno bout anyone else but i loved this.. it is unforgettable… and as for the girls.. although they are young. they r old enuff to understand wen their parents say tht these words are not acceptable on an everyday basis but strictly for the purpose of this video… the use of cuss words was exactly the point… #love

9. Bellemoizelle

October 27, 2014 at 9:45 am

They are actually trying to prove a point and yes surprisingly I did enjoy watching d video.Enough of the violence against little girls and women!Equip the girl child! La vie est belle……

10. Tincan

October 27, 2014 at 9:59 am

I am appalled at this advert and my problem with it is that, the producers seem to have assumed that the message cannot be passed across without controversy and shock tactics. Fail. What are they teaching these girls? That its okay to be wrong in order to fight for right? That doesn’t make any sense to me. And yes, they may teach them about contextual use but it still okays swearing in some circumstances at their age. Does it make me want to check out the campaign? Absolutely not.

11. Thelma

October 27, 2014 at 10:47 am

I love it!

12. Anonymous

October 27, 2014 at 10:51 am

Most people seem to be getting this wrong…they are just trying to say gender inequality and assault on women are worst than little girls using swear words(considering the reactions, most peeps consider it as the craziest thing ever). Moreover, it got people’s attention real good…so, listen to the message n forget the swearing.

13. Anita...

October 27, 2014 at 10:52 am

I absolutely love this video. Is it shocking? YES!… but thats the idea. Its meant to jar people into realizing how serious the issue really is, but unfortunately some people wont see past the little girls swearing. I wrote my thesis on Gender Discrimination in the workplace and i can tell you that it is a serious and ongoing problem in many societies around the world.

14. Omo1

October 27, 2014 at 11:26 am

Forget the foul talk thing..I f***g lurve this video! lmao!

15. Taiwo

October 27, 2014 at 1:58 pm

Ok! that got my attention!!! WOW!!

16. ATL's Finest

October 27, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Hmmmm great message but wrong medium!!!! Not sure about this tho!!!!

17. Annonymous

October 27, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Although I do not think that foul language is necessary, I don’t get why parents prevent their children from saying such words if they are going to be allowed to say it when they are older. Other than that, the video is nice, but I’ll rather describe myself as an ‘equalist’ than a feminist.

18. Ijebu Boy

October 28, 2014 at 3:10 am

i get the concept of one problem is less of a problem that the other, and misaligned priorities but i just feel funny (not in a good way) about this in my atoms

19. Chinagorom Martin

October 28, 2014 at 5:24 am

The problem I have all the time with people and their rational capacities is when they consciously blind themselves to the message but attack the messenger. What the hell has the medium of the message got to do with this message? By the language it is meant to show that the message has been sent nicely but always ignored. And really, it is time we “stopped telling girls how to dress and taught boys not to rape.”

20. T.I

October 28, 2014 at 11:33 am

LOL, what is the world coming to… now lets introduce little kids to foul language to make some point? Are you people insane!, you think the type of speech that comes out of ur mouth doesn’t define you.. Oh but their parents have prob told them not to use such words otherwise, loool. The folly expressed here is amazing. If this is how you want to get unfortunate men from hurting women…. odiegwu.. Absolute nonsense! when Ephesians 4:29 and James 3:10 are there… what else will you allow your children to do in the name of sending a message.

21. chi-e-z

October 29, 2014 at 1:51 am

Lol this was hillarious…Mad props to the parents who allowed this cause I think I’d have to beat my child down so they’ll know this was a one time thing and I don’t ever want to hear them talk like that again. Hmm… They say one message is more important than the other but seems like they’re both equal to me and both about the same issue learning how to communicate your fustrations without being rude and getting respectful treatment for women all boil down to respect so they might have conflicted their point here. Just Saying… *backs away slowly*…

22. Rachel

October 29, 2014 at 3:24 pm

i think its really a creative way of passing a very disturbing message which is feminism