Music

Dayo Adeneye: I’m Not Going into Politics to Make Money

Dayo AdeneyeA few days ago showbiz personality & co-owner of Kennis Music, Dayo Adeneye, D1 announced his intention of joining politics in Nigeria and he stated that he will be contesting for a seat in the Ogun State House of Assembly.

With the number of Nigerian entertainers who have joined the political sector, a lot of people have started to wonder if there is an ulterior motive to their actions. Well Dayo Adeneye has come forward to refute that and state that he is not going into politics for the money.

According to Dayo, he is not motivated by money, but by the need to create a change and impact positively on his people.

Dayo Adeneye stated, “Anybody who knows me will testify that I made money when I was young. I was a millionaire in my 20s. I have built my houses. Kenny and I were among the first people in Nigeria to own Hummer Jeeps. We were also among the first to own the latest models of the Range Rover Sport Utility Vehicle. This is not about boasting; I have made my mark. I am not looking for money. Everybody knows my pedigree. I am a hardworking person and I have businesses in communication and hospitality. My campaign is funded from my private savings account. I am not depending on anybody to bankroll it. I am not begging anybody for funds, though my friends and my relations are willing to help. I am funding my campaign from my pocket. I am going into politics to serve. I have decided that, since my children are in the university, now is the time to help build my country. What future am I going to leave for my children if they have no country to come back to? So I am not going into politics for money. Look at the rot in this country. We cannot all just sit back in our sitting rooms and continue to complain that the country is not good; the roads are bad and the power sector is not working. Somebody has to come out and do something about these things. Now is the time to help solve the problems in my country. And this is why I am running for a seat in the Ogun State House of Assembly”

Source: Daily Post

1. Tweeny Tee

November 7, 2014 at 5:17 pm

OK

2. Truth

November 7, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Puhleeez, take that nonsense to the birds. Infact since you are not going there to make money, please say to yourself if you make money let evil befall you and ur family, and after you have said that in public, then I’ll believe you.

• austin

November 7, 2014 at 6:15 pm

I rest my case I wanted to reply him but you helped me out thanx a lot

3. mimi

November 7, 2014 at 5:58 pm

i do not care what you have to say. all i know is that you are going into politics because of the money.

4. brownchocolate

November 7, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I like the trend of young/not so old Nigerians coming out to enter politics. If we want a change we have to make it happen. For several decades Nigeria has been governed by the same cycle of thieving politicians and what do we have to show for it. I would back someone like Dayo Adeneye who has successfully established himself as a business enterprenuer. Show me a young person with a successful track record in a management of some sort and I will gladly support him because he has proof that he can build something from scatch and sustain it. Its people like him I would support cos I believe he has what it takes he should be given a chance. It takes a lot of guts to declare political intentions as a young person in Nigeria. The few people who have dared to change e.g Dora Akinyuli of blessed memory have always been attacked. I say again it takes guts and being esoecially connected to God Almighty to change Nigeria. A few people have been stealing what belongs to all of us and they won’t take it lightly once the feel threatened. I personally do not care about which party a person belongs to all I care about is what your real intentions are. I pray more young people come out to take the bull by the horns.

5. Nahum

November 7, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Yea…..same way am not getting pregnant to have kids….

6. Beli adelaja

November 7, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Call: story story oo
    Response:story story
    Call:Alo Alo oo
    Response:Alo Alo
    *with some makosa moves*

7. Jane Smith

November 7, 2014 at 9:33 pm

First thing na Hummer….

8. chizzy

November 7, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Man I support u we need a fresh blood in the system

9. Bide

November 8, 2014 at 12:59 am

K…

10. bruno

November 8, 2014 at 6:32 am

Majority of Nigerians are all the same. Criminals

11. baby

November 8, 2014 at 10:10 am

he’s not going into politics to make money,he’s going into politics for money to make him!oniranu

12. spoonfullofsugar

November 8, 2014 at 10:15 am

Story for the gods!

13. yomi

November 8, 2014 at 11:36 am

Every nigerian has got political mind to spit to nigerians. We’ve been fooled with all kinds of talks. Part of the wills of entrepreneur is to always venture and do things to generate money. So many changes that nigerian needs which one beats ur mind. Let us know. Wish you the best in your political ambitious but dont tell us is not for the money.

14. yomi

November 8, 2014 at 11:39 am

Bella naija, can you give us the list of artists vying for poltical office. thanks

15. Debra

November 10, 2014 at 10:02 am

LOLSSS… If i hear…

16. ATL's finest

November 16, 2014 at 9:47 am

He’s not going in to politics for money but what for? To make babies??? Smh!!