Music

Jordin Sparks Throws Shade at Ex-Fiancé Jason Derulo in New Single ‘How Bout Now’ | Listen

BellaNaija.com

Jordin SparksWhen Jason Derulo and Jordin Sparks broke up, he said it was amicable and she said that she was doing better than she expected (click here if you missed it).

Jordin Sparks seems to still have a few things to say as her new track ‘How Bout Now’ has heavy-not-so-subtle references to an ex. The song is a remix of the Drake track of the same name and the American Idol alum uses her version to wax honest about her relationship with ex Jason Derulo.

“Remember I deleted all my other guys’ numbers out my phone for ya? / Remember when you broke your neck and I had to wash your back for ya?”

Jason Derulo broke his neck in 2012.

“Feeling like I have to get all of this off my chest / I know you are sitting there thinking ‘What is she going to do next?”

The song is one of the tracks that will be on Jordin Sparks’ new mixtape dropping soon, called ‘Bye Felicia’.

Listen!

1. L

November 25, 2014 at 7:40 pm

This would have been way better with another beat

• Exquisite

November 26, 2014 at 10:24 am

BN, get your facts right. He is her ex boyfriend not her ex-fiance. She even mentioned on the Wendy Williams show that they were never engaged.

2. ATL's finest

November 25, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Lol I love the song & I like Jordin Sparks.. Lol @ d title #ByeFelicia#..

3. Queen

November 25, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Unfortunately, dude just used her to feel relevant
    He even admitted that his career has really kicked off crazily that he doesn’t even want to care about anything else
    I feel so bad for her

4. Beeeee

November 25, 2014 at 8:47 pm

BN, I don’t think they were engaged o.

5. Beeeee

November 25, 2014 at 8:54 pm

All these breakup songs are sometimes pathetic especially when people use specific words or specific situations to make their exes know they are talking about them. It’s like you are still thinking about them. I mean, mourn the end of the relationship in private and move on

6. eyong

November 25, 2014 at 9:03 pm

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Jason has a bad case of the Robin Thicke syndrome. I dont know if I should call it supidity, insecurity or ignorance, but I said it right from when they started dating that once his career kicks off, and I mean really kicks off, he will abandon her like a rag. She was just too good for him. Same way Paula was too good for Robin Thicke. I mean, how do you cheat on women like these? They’re goddesses. I just can’t understand some of us men sometimes.

• benny

November 26, 2014 at 3:03 am

But you were the same one on the Stella Damasus post yapping about how we aint in the relationship with them thus we don’t know what happened bla bla bla. A girlfriend easily gets a pass mark but a Nigerian wife doesn’t? #ByeFelicia

• MC

November 26, 2014 at 1:30 pm

And he also stated in the other post that if a man strays, then the wife must have been doing something wrong.
      Looks like “he” has changed his mind now

7. Mostest

November 25, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Absolute rubbish. She practically abandoned her career to be with him now she’s trying to sound like Aliyah with a Beyoncé feel. She should go and park well

8. bruno

November 25, 2014 at 10:16 pm

jordin sparks are you for real. the name of ur new mixtape is called bye felicia.

I used to put u in the same category with divas like kelly clarkson and alicia keys. u have let me down

9. Idomagirl

November 25, 2014 at 10:39 pm

I was beginning to think she no longer had a music career…

10. bella

November 25, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Who types up these articles?!! Like jeez. She did a cover to DRAKES SONG TITLED HOW ABOUT NOW.
    Men will always be men. The guy even took her virginty and did this to her.

• Fisa

November 26, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Virginity ke, you think all these men value virginity when you eventually give it to them? The heart of a man is desperately wicked ooooo. I know a friend who gave out her virginity and the guy eventually broke up with her and hurt her so badly, Thank God she didnt commit suicide.

11. ME!!!!!

November 25, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Was he actually just using her? its nt like she is one of the “top” celebrities, anyways, I wish dem well in their next rships. hol.com.ng

12. fyre

November 26, 2014 at 2:29 am

Jordin Sparks…… bye Felicia

13. benny

November 26, 2014 at 3:06 am

Baby girl is not hung up enough to do a song about this. I believe we are mostly more mature than this. These lyrics are a pr stunt and look, it worked; she has our attention.

14. chi-e-z

November 26, 2014 at 4:03 am

Chai, you thought that the love you put in was good but how bout now…. hehehe dayuum. I been there with the girl sha V, engage er’thing don’t feel good but you get so relieved and happy later that you didn’t make mistake of marrying someone so heartless. and kinda feel bad for whoever the girl he ends up with. ByeFelicia hehehe..least we know her name.

15. Halia

November 26, 2014 at 4:41 am

Well done! They forget so quickly :o(. Let ’em know babygirl! #thesemenaintloyal

16. gracearmyde

November 26, 2014 at 5:09 am

If I can still be mourning the end of their relationship,I beg to say she also can.. We human peepz.. we freaking Human!!! *One tear tho