Music

Style Revamp? Seyi Shay Gets Herself the Same Stylist as Usher, Neyo, Christina Milian, Teyana Taylor & More

Seyi ShayIt looks like Seyi Shay is heading for a style revamp.

The music star shared the news on her Instagram page that the same man who has been styling Chris Brown, Neyo, Usher, Jeremiah, Swiss Beatz, Trina, Trey Songz, WuTang, Christina Milian and Teyana Taylor will now be styling her.

She shared a picture of the two of them together and captioned, Chris Brown, Usher, Neyo, Jerimiah, Swiss Beatz, WuTang, Christina milian, Tianna Taylor and now also meee! This man has dressed all and now will be dressing me for a loooong time! !! @touredesigns#beast #talent #NYC #LA #Africantalent #bestkeptsecret cc @sesanogunro I hail ooo”

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. Anon

November 13, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Do all those people mentioned dress well? Nope. Quite kitsch. However, I will remain optimistic for her.

2. bruno

November 13, 2014 at 10:06 pm

First of all, the farmzing is disgusting. U are not in the same category with all those celebs you are mentioning, so pls stop farmzing, it makes you look desperate.

3. Marc Francis of Chelsea

November 13, 2014 at 10:23 pm

What an idiot. Bubu Ogisi was dressing you well but you want to go and pour money you haven’t made into a foreigner.

4. Karis

November 13, 2014 at 10:30 pm

And Miss Shay get a better thing to do than letting ur stylist touch ur waistline or is that part of the styling? That’s all. BYE

5. AsHAnI

November 13, 2014 at 10:33 pm

Seyi..seyi…seyiiii!!! The issue at hand is more than dressing o

6. shola

November 13, 2014 at 10:45 pm

So

7. Busarni

November 13, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Seyi shay, you too do joor. Those on the list ain’t fashionable. You should be looking for solange, kerry washington, amal clooney, Rita dominics stylist. BN, abeg stop leading these artists on, falsely. She just bumped into him/her and took a pic PR gone bad.

• Tosin

November 14, 2014 at 6:15 am

I honestly don’t know these people or what they wear to be honest. If somebody is dressed like a big fool and posing on a red carpet with it to make sure everybody laughs, well, I notice, otherwise whatever. WHo cares?
      e.g. Solange is pretty.
      skip Kerry Washington, she had one headline boost one time that faded I don’t really care, though is I was a dude I’d be like yum yum lips babygirl.
      Amal (not Clooney) Amaluddin is lovely (looks like Anne Hathaway who to me is very beautiful very beautiful) and now she marries some dude and headlines are like trying to sell us this oh my god disney barbie princess fantasy like it’s sooooo daft and she’s a grown woman so how’re you going to change her name start calling her Clooney which maybe means nothing when Amaluddin means lots,
      Rita Dominic seems to me a short fat pretty very pretty yellow girl who has done some very fine work as an actor; and to say she’s fat is not to insult her just saying she’s not skinny like how fashion industry people say we should be, and most Nigerian girls are not skinny so that makes sense so she can play the roles well. I’m just saying impressions o, I don’t even know if she’s medically overweight at all 0 (did you know that more than half of American adults are at least overweight (i.e. body mass index greater than 25) it’s different from being obese o!
      Who again? Seyi Shay is a talented musician with a beautiful range of musical/artistic/performance styles and a bangin’ athletic body and a face that I love to see. She could wear bagco super sacks for all I care.
      You know that Lupita chic everybody in fashion decided to love recently, with one or two exceptions, she outshines her clothes. They go through all this trouble to dress her up in fashionable wear, but all I can see is the girl in the dress or outfit, screw the dress. You can’t buy that menn.
      Seyi, I love you 🙂 You outshine your roles, your clothes, your costumes…

Moving on.

• ITK

November 14, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Its “Alamuddin”. Bless your heart. Amal Alamuddin. You have an issue with her being reffered to as Clooney, might as well learn the correct spelling of her name, no?

• Tosin

November 15, 2014 at 10:36 am

referred. it happens to the best of us.

• Fisa

November 14, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Solange dresses well??? Oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

8. benny

November 13, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Seyi Shay, you need to also invest in good PR. You see, a good pr agent will not allow you to release this info.. you would have been advised to keep said brag to urself and allow the public notice the change in you themselves. Why? Cos if ur style does switch up and we notice on our own, it would have been good for ur image. You could have used ur new appearance to climb higher; earn further respect.
    What is going to happen now is that u have opened the flood gates of criticism. Any slight misstep in ur appearance will result in “see how Seyi Shay looks… I thought she said she has a stylist”. U get my point. This man better bring all his creativity to the table to help you fine ttune urself… or else…

• Tosin

November 14, 2014 at 5:56 am

I sort of agree. Don’t draw attention to your style/styling, it may backfire.
      Honestly, just do you. And “you” is fierce as well as blessed/irawo. Fuck the noise.

9. Free mind

November 13, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Who caressssss!!!! Waste of money go jooor

10. name

November 13, 2014 at 11:28 pm

hate is real! angry, disgusted at pples progress….sad

11. nene

November 13, 2014 at 11:35 pm

just saying…i’ve never seen someone that dark.

12. Lizzie

November 14, 2014 at 1:07 am

Loool, it had better reflect..

13. tunmi

November 14, 2014 at 1:36 am

And she has good live performances too. Her whole image needs revamping. Exactly what are you trying to do? That wig needs to go. Get mocheddah’s stylist. Everything about Seyi is so not it. She has talent but who will shine it?

14. Goodbye Girl

November 14, 2014 at 5:46 am

Ah ah but this man’s style is wack. His designs are not nice at all. These people arent stylish. The only one who actually has a good sense of style is Chris. His main stylist is the talented, Ugo Mozie. Not these kind of stylists who want to dress you up as a Love & Hip Hop thot. I look at how beautiful Seyi is and wonder why someone talented hasn’t decided to style her yet. I hope she has fired her hairstylist because she is in need a good one.

15. BlueEyed

November 14, 2014 at 5:55 am

I love seyi shay…but my issue here is the spelling of some the names in that post…”tianna” “jerimiah”

16. biols

November 14, 2014 at 9:05 am

seyi u get money to pay am? not latter now we go hear law suit slammed on Seyi by famous stylist over refusal to pay debt

17. sum1special

November 14, 2014 at 11:59 am

and she had to announce it because?

18. xavier

November 14, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Story for the gods….i hope u don’t come back telling stories that touch the heart! Can’t wait to see u REVAMPED!!!!!

19. Tunde

November 14, 2014 at 1:25 pm

She doesn’t need a stylist. What she needs is a good personal shopper lol. I mean there are so many designers both in Nigeria and abroad that churn out designs that will flatter someone with a body like hers. I would suggest brands like Zara, Balmain and Ejiro Amos Tafiri. I mean this stylist seems to do a lot of white, black and plaid also lots of Jordan shoes. You can see it on Chris Brown and Teyana. Very boyish and urban stuff. Which in my opinion is what Seyi already seems to rock. Maybe she thinks if shes styled like those successfull celebs it will reflect in her musical success. But all thos folks are basically studio rats, they work hard at their craft and collaborate with the right artists. Thats what Seyi needs.

20. LILO

November 14, 2014 at 7:02 pm

That wiggery tho

21. atlstyle

November 15, 2014 at 3:13 am

Tosin u are sooooo miserable and sad, can be seen from your epistle.

• Tosin

November 15, 2014 at 10:40 am

for being a superfan of, like, everybody? ok.
      tell me what your gig is and I’ll probably be a fan too 🙂

feeling like a musical interlude right about now youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
      clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth