Scoop

Is She Engaged? Susan Peters Shares Picture of a Huge Rock on Her Finger, Says ‘Jehovah You are the Reason’

Susan Peters 1

Nollywood actress Susan Peters may have just gotten engaged as she took to her Instagram page a few minutes ago to share a cryptic message alongside a picture of a huge rock on her finger.

She shared the picture with her fans and followers and captioned ‘Jehovah you are the reason! Becos am happy!’

Capture

Her Nollywood colleagues have started asking questions in the comments section, while others have sent congratulatory messages.

Susan Peters

Photo Credit: Instagram – Susan Peters

1. bruno

December 9, 2014 at 3:52 pm

congratulations

“married is the most important thing in a nigerian girl’s life.”

• Alert!

December 9, 2014 at 5:05 pm

My dear, I was about saying the same thing. You see a Naija babe, ‘hooks’ a guy, gets engaged, or married and she begins saying stuffs like these..”It can only be you God”, just same as what Susan posted..I don’t get!..Like it is the height of living itself

• IsThatWhyWeAreHere?

December 10, 2014 at 1:49 pm

U understand…totally. You do!
      Marriage is not life at its peak…It really baffles me the way people(especially females…in fact only females!!!) make it seem like the real essence of our existence on earth…mschew! Finding peace and genuine happiness that keeps you going in this hard life is all that matters. Be it in the comfort of friends or happiness from engaging in a particular activity or whatever it may be…I’m not saying one should not get married but please there’s more to life.

• ATL's finest

December 9, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Lmao!!! My aunt just got back from Nigeria & I swear she even added more fear to my life when I think of visiting. She said apart from d HEAT, the pressure folks are facing because of marriage is so RIDIC that she just want to weep for them all Chaiii.. #patience# my people. It’s not a competition, it’s not by who got a ring first. Know thy self & thy worth.. Just passing by

2. VeryAngryNigerian

December 9, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Vaseline…… Congrats girl!!

3. Fre

December 9, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Lol, she better be engaged.
    Will be too funny if she isn’t

• Beeeee

December 9, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Actually, it would be embarrassing to her and to all the people saying congrats without confirming…lol

4. Jennifer - Emerald-Fashion Blog(plus-size fashion)

December 9, 2014 at 4:20 pm

awwww congrats girl

5. Christian sister

December 9, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Watch her say no she’s just thinking God for being able to afford real diamonds hence the ring. Smh.

• nene

December 9, 2014 at 8:55 pm

lmao. u know her well

6. shola

December 9, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Mchewwww!!
    Notice me

7. nene

December 9, 2014 at 8:53 pm

oook.

8. nene

December 9, 2014 at 8:54 pm

gbam!!!! whether the woman is in love or not, she just wants a ring so she can be mrs.

9. bunny

December 9, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Lmao,bruno no go kill me o.

10. kiki

December 10, 2014 at 12:03 am

Stop being so negative and say congrats period!

11. Tina

December 10, 2014 at 1:11 am

Marriage to the right person is a blessing, marriage to the wrong person is a nightmare. People be wise.

12. Bola

December 10, 2014 at 6:49 am

Susan, congratulations! I am very happy for you. God makes all things beautiful in his time. he that finds a wife , finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord. It is the Lords doing… very marvelous in my sight. This is just the beginning… he will do greater things in your life. God bless you and your new man

13. Ruby

December 10, 2014 at 7:07 am

To me, it is always heartening to see a woman in her late 30’s & 40’s settle down and get married. Not because that is the ultimate but because in the society we are in (Nigeria), family is the only social security you have. As you get older, who will be with you when you are alone? Your siblings will marry and move on so its good for everyone to have his or her mate. That aside, marriage is till the only way the Nigerian society respects you as a woman. If you are single, especially when you are older, you looked on as nothing more than a prostitute that wasted her youth on runs, aristos etc. If you like dont believe me but it is so! As for those sharping mouth about it being the be all & end all l, I pray you will not reach your late forties and not be married. It is not something I wish on my enemies. Congrats Susan! I feel your joy… Indeed it is the Lords doing… marvelous in our sight.

• ezy

December 10, 2014 at 9:52 am

You just spoke well like a true African,forget all the fake pretence and shit some people say about marriage.my dear,marriage is very very necesarry

• benny

December 10, 2014 at 10:50 am

Who is a true African? Don’t degrade Africa with this backwardness. It is like if it is some big scientific breakthrough, itl come from other continents but when it is time to celebrate absolute trivialities and senility you people will jump and shout “spoken like a true African”.
      No please!
      My Africa has women like Mo Abudu, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Waje,Omawumi, ita Hozaife, Allison Madueke, Kemi Adetiba and a million others; single and married making progress in their various fields. My Africa is proud of these women and encouraging the many more that are coming up. My Africa is not concerned with their marital status; it is focused on progress.
      what you are associating with is not “Africanness”, it is mental stagnation and savagery

14. de Penxil

December 10, 2014 at 11:58 am

its actually interesting reading people’s comments.

15. Truth teller

December 10, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Thank you Benny, I won’t bother writing again.

16. 2015

January 1, 2015 at 7:20 pm

They need validation that is why they think its a do or die affair to be Mrs Somebody.I have a colleague who actually pay her husband so she can retain her”married status” and the guy treats her like SHIT that she is.Is that life? oh please .