Relationships

Should You Give another Man Your Number…When You’re in a Relationship? Watch ‘The Real’ Hosts Talk about It

CaptureIf a guy approaches you and asks for your number, should you give it if you are in a relationship?

This was the issue of debate on ‘The Real’ yesterday as co-host Adrienne Bailon explained how she had found herself in that exact situation. Her co-hosts Tamar Braxton and Loni Love said she should have given him the digits! They believe since she’s NOT married or engaged, she shouldn’t turn down other opportunities, some which could further her career. Her other co-hosts Tamera Mowry Housley and Jeannie Mai also agreed,

On the show the ladies were discussing excuses women use to get out of giving a man their number.

Check on it!

1. Respect yourself

January 9, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Adrienne and Tamera classy! ‘Shaniqua’ and friend ratchet and typical. Do to others, as you expect from them. then if they don’t….

2. Ola Brown

January 10, 2015 at 2:41 am

Her other co-hosts Tamera Mowry Housley and Jeannie Mai also agreed,…..I guess you MEANT disagreed!!!!!

3. MeeOnly

January 10, 2015 at 3:37 am

No man would hand me no damn phone expecting my number and respect! Boy, your phone will be be dropped….. Like, “oops” kinda drop, and will walk on it while walking out on you….another “oops” 😀 lol

4. iseemaths

January 10, 2015 at 3:38 am

mhmmm?

5. Martin

January 10, 2015 at 5:08 am

I just love Tamara. She’ so full of feminine dignity. Tamar on the other hand, #WhatsWrongYouBitch

6. ChincoBee

January 10, 2015 at 6:56 am

If your are definitely in a serious relationship which you are sure of,you have no reason giving another person your number knowing fully well,its not for friendship. But for relationship purpose. Just that these days some relationships are not worth the sacrifice of keeping your eggs in one basket.

Whatever rocks anyone’s boat

7. Tunde

January 10, 2015 at 7:31 am

There’s no excuse or whatsoever…. in a simple man language NO is NO.

8. BlueEyed

January 10, 2015 at 8:41 am

Chile Plz……honestly there’s nothing wrong in giving out your number if y’al are just dating. I’m with Loni and Tamar on this one

9. Fifi

January 10, 2015 at 9:13 am

Adrien looks horrible like an oompa loompa

10. DomT

January 10, 2015 at 9:17 am

well, well, well.. I personally do not see anything wrong with giving out our number or going out with a guy for something decent like seeing a movie or just dinner, if you are not engaged or married to your partner. No one knows tomorrow. As long as you are not intimate, it is fine by me.

11. Animal Doctor

January 10, 2015 at 10:24 am

The most ridiculous question lol. Abi does your career suddenly become non existent when you become engaged/married, if the excuse for giving out your digits is to further it? Wouldn’t expect a different response from that bunch of thots

12. gift

January 10, 2015 at 10:55 am

Have seen Notthing wrong given your number to a guy dat request for it. If you give him for important issue.

13. Anonymous

January 10, 2015 at 10:55 am

My honest take on this,is if you are neither engaged nor married or even in a serious relationship heading in that direction,please let the numbers roll in. She was with her partner at the game so I guess she did that out of respect,which was the right thing but the real question is,if he wasn’t there,really?,you’d turn down the number of a pro athlete?!realiy? Hmmmmmmm.

14. Curious

January 10, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Tamar is just so hood and ratchet all the damn time. I would be so ashamed if that chick was my sister, I would not be able to take her anywhere! And Tamar, we all know you a diamond digger, but you can’t project that onto everyone though…do you and let the others do them…sheesh!

15. ada nnewi

January 10, 2015 at 4:45 pm

If you are not engaged or married, why not?

16. lala

January 11, 2015 at 12:11 am

I will not give the jerk my digit even if I am not in a relationship Period. What jerk hands a lady a phone and say put in your number?

17. see me see trouble

January 11, 2015 at 5:11 am

A lot of people take boyfriend and girlfriend relationships too seriously. They completely turn down other opportunities of meeting other guys who could actually be their future husbands. What if this boyfriend of yours disappoints you, then what happens? And ladies should stop putting pictures of their boyfriends on social network. if he is not married to you, he isn’t entitled to that privilege….. I’ll definitely give my number to other guys if I’m not married.

18. Jennifer

January 11, 2015 at 11:18 am

There is a rumour currently going around that one of those d3dancers is a lesbian. The one with short hair called brenda dery is apparently gay and married to a female. Bella how true is this?

19. Naveah

January 12, 2015 at 5:05 pm

If you are in a committed, monogamous relationship, whether you are not married or engaged, the fact remains you are in a relationship, you should NOT be giving your number to another man UNLESS he has a business proposition. And I believe that you must relay that information to your man so when home slice calls you, it wouldn’t be like “whose this strange dude that keeps calling my lady’s phone?” Women can tell from the approach if the man requesting their number is looking for something OTHER THAN a business discussion…assuming the woman is an alert woman. IF you are giving your number to another man “JUST IN CASE” then you are NOT in a good relationship because giving out a number “just in case” is a sign that there is no faith in the strength of the relationship. If you are giving out your number then you are considering replacing your man or woman, get out before you are overrun with temptation and you begin to cheat emotionally then physically.

20. Ms Lily

January 13, 2015 at 8:20 am

A guy asking for a chic’s number in the presence of her boyfriend is disrespectful.

• Naveah

January 15, 2015 at 5:03 pm

If it is for business purposes, no it is disrespectful. If a young lady has an amazing skill set as…let’s say a computer tech…and a guy running a dot.com asks for her number in order to bring her on board to run the online sales on his company, what is the issue there? If he’s asking for the number but the energy is more flirtatious, less businesslike that might be a problem but the dude would be a fool to do that before the girl’s man. The situation has to be judged on a case by case basis, your statement is too general.