Scoop

If I Had Known; Being the Kind of Person I Am I Would Die to Save Muna Obiekwe – AGN President Ibinabo Fiberesima

Ibinabo Fiberesima AGN Birthday Party - January 2013 - BellaNaija015The death of Nollywood actor Muna Obiekwe hit the industry hard and it has been the cause of some rift between the entertainment industry stars as some believe he should have been taken care of better.

AGN Presidnet, Ibinabo Fiberesima addressed this issue while speaking at the late actor’s candle light procession.

Vanguard has some parts of her speech.

On Muna Obiekwe: Think first before you write. The man was married, he had a wife and children. When you go about writing rubbish about the dead, it will haunt you. If you don’t know the truth about something, don’t spread it. It’s even worse if you are an AGN member. Everyone is sad because of his death. If I had known, being the kind of person I am, I would die to save Muna. I didn’t know, most of us never knew and Muna begged the few people who knew not to tell anyone. He had his reasons and let us respect it. Let’s stop writing rubbish – He drank alcohol, does that make you better than him? Let us respect Muna, he’s no longer with us. Mind your business

On double standards in the industry: All those throwing daggers at AGN, dumping Muna and not taking care of him. How many of you are registered and validated AGN members. But when something goes wrong, you’ll remember AGN. This AGN is a guild, not a hospital. We are worried about your welfare, but if you’re not registered with us, we cannot help you. We have helped people we don’t even know because they came to us. If you need help, let us know

On Prince James Uche: There’s also a publication going round about another ailing actor, Prince James Uche. My heart is broken because we have gone the length to help him, so I’m shocked to hear that we have abandoned yet another actor. We don’t abandon actors. We have paid his rent for three years now, we have paid his hospital bills and put him on a health plan. We have taken him to the best hospitals for medical tests. I’m really shocked at the stories fllying around. If you don’t know the truth about something, you ask. I know the kind of heart God has given me and I have God’s grace upon me. So no matter what you do to destroy me, I can’t be destroyed. I love Muna and if I could help him, I would if I had known about his ailment. But God knows why this has happened.

You can read up more about her speech here.

1. Stella I.

February 9, 2015 at 9:35 am

Medicine after death! Madam stop telling us stories, so many of u are in that industry to make ur personal money thy dnt care about the welfare of thre fellow colleague, anyways why will u not abandon ur colleagues when all you do this days is campaigning for Jonathan & Buhari, Prince James Uche has been sick for years, so do something if wat u are telling us is true.

• Becky

February 9, 2015 at 2:29 pm

Shut up! stop saying rubbish! Muna didn’t want help from anyone so he didn’t get it! Leave the woman alone!!!

• concerned

February 12, 2015 at 8:27 pm

God bless you, Becky.

2. amy

February 9, 2015 at 9:41 am

Story for d gods

3. God's favorite

February 9, 2015 at 9:44 am

well done Ibinabo

4. Mystique

February 9, 2015 at 10:04 am

So what do we make of this statement????? *yawns*…….tales by moonlight

5. ifepe nnennia

February 9, 2015 at 10:12 am

She raised a valid point;you have to belong to an organization inorder to reap from the organization.Muna lived a quiet life and its very obvious.the few friends that were aware would have involved the guild.for james uche,she is explicit about what has been done for him.those in the entertainment circle should learn to make investment in their hay days.RIP Muna

6. Joe

February 9, 2015 at 10:39 am

Well explicit Ibinabo…It is always good to read an article before commenting..some people just comment for the sake of commenting….

7. misslolly

February 9, 2015 at 11:01 am

Am I the only one who thinks that the depth of details she gave on the help they are giving James Uche is the exact reason Muna didn’t want them to help him? Let James Uche and his family be the ones to list all the things you’ve done for them. All we needed to hear from you was that you were helping him.

8. pretty

February 9, 2015 at 11:21 am

well, when nobody wants to acknowledge the help given she has to state them so that people know. Don’t always think the worst….Just being objective

9. Don Excalibur

February 9, 2015 at 11:25 am

All i have to say here is that Muna left a wife and kids. it is a known fact that he added his own quota of “spice” to the industry. I feel there ought to be a benefit plan for his family (wife and kids) from the AGN. his family shouldnt be abandoned. Thanks.

10. Dare

February 9, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Before we judge her let us search ourselves. How many ill people around you (work, church, school) have you assisted financially and in other ways? Answer this question sincerely before you throw stones

• meems

February 9, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Thanks for your comment. We are quick to throw stones at others without first looking at ourselves. Who have you assisted in the last year? You blame Ibinabo and others in the industry for not doing anything for Muna (so very sad he has left us) but did Muna want the help? You also blame her for saying what they have done for James Uche. Will she ever do anything right? You cannot help someone if you do not know of their circumstance. All these people are working, just like you and I. They make money from their jobs just like you and I. You can only help people from the kindness of your heart if you feel it, if you know they need help. I believe the AGN is a body or organisation, just like any other workplace body or organisation that has membership and dues and a welfare policy. As a body for actors, I believe they have certain policies for their members and do extend these to non-members when the need arises. I hope they can and are able to assist Muna’s young family in any way they can.

11. NaijaPikin

February 9, 2015 at 5:56 pm

There’s a quote that goes something along these lines
    “Give a man a meal and he will return tomorrow for another. But teach a man to farm and he will learn to feed himself”.

You cannot continue to just give these people meals. You need to put in sustainable practices that empower them to care for themselves longterm.

12. The Psychologist

February 9, 2015 at 10:52 pm

You will die to save Muna? Hian, Odikwa serious something.

13. Iris

February 10, 2015 at 3:36 am

Is she sure she would have DIED to save him? Newly married as she is, kids and all?
    I don’t see what the issue is here though. Did anybody here know he was sick? Maybe she didn’t know. And even if she did, there’s only so much you can do. It isn’t like the AGN is a welfare system … or am I confused?

14. Zeal

February 10, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Ngwanu Forward match and go save the other one with diabetes now now as I dey look you so. I nor wan hear say e die o, cos na fans e dey ask for pepper when a “WHOLE” you dey there. Nor come tomorrow come dey yarn dust o. (God forbid for his sake)

15. tee